Heavy/Scratch: 1/18 scale Charlie for Zeta Bumblebee (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Snaku, Mar 17, 2020.

1. mixelpix

mixelpix TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    She looks great! The facial features are an awesome resemblance of the character. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  2. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    Sweet damn. Would love to buy a copy of that print! Amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

I love this!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

The facial sculpt is great. Vitruvian H.A.C.K. is a good base figure too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Monte Williams

Monte Williams Deconstructicon

Oh, man, this is tremendous! Lacking your skills and ambition, I'm planning to just find a couple of 1:18 female figures and do some parts swaps and hope the results aren't too distractingly, comically inaccurate.

As a fan of the Bumblebee film and the Charlie character, I love this. Nicely done!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mashmatic

Mashmatic New Member

Ebay:
    Great work!
    Super interested in the head for printing, do you sell the 3d model anyherere?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't yet but I guess I should. Didn't figure there'd be much demand since you have to source a figure to put it on and then mod that figure considerably. I suppose one could print a whole figure but 3d prints don't make for super durable joints at this scale.

8. Npiece

Npiece Well-Known Member

I don't normally care about human character figures alongside transformers, but this is so good

• Like Like x 1
  9. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I've done a scribble or two but only where I was demonstrating something. I might've posted a full sketch in my Arcee nendoroid thread but, as it was only ever meant to be a previs for the 3D design, I didn't really finalize it as line art. I don't generally do lineart except occasionally as a step toward a comic style pic but mostly I like to do a more painterly style without any actual lineart. Also I haven't drawn much in the past ten years or so. I was starting to get back into it a few months back but lost my drawing space and haven't really found a way around that yet (I use a laptop with a tethered graphic tablet and in my current living situation it's hard to find any space to set those up that isn't already occupied by other things like my work PC or my 3d printing/painting station. I was actually setting it up on the bed so I could watch TV while doodling but my wife's chronic pain took a turn for the worse so she's in there most of the time now and I never really have space to set up. Plus I prefer to draw in solitude - I can pause and show my progress to people but I feel self conscious if someone is sitting there seeing my screen while I'm actually working on it.

Hm, just checked my nendoroid thread and it doesn't look like I ever uploaded the sketch. Also, not sure why you linked that post in the Spidergirl thread - I didn't post a drawing there, did I? Was it just because I mentioned that I draw? Also also I don't draw TFs much at all - like I said, a few concept sketches on the way to doing something in 3d but nothing else. You can check out my old DA page if you like but, like I said, no line art. It's kind of a mish-mash of digital paintings and Photoshop projects (I took a Photoshop class about 15 years back so there's a bunch of stuff from back then). But, like I said, I kinda fell out of it ten years back so there's nothing recent.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Nah bud...I'm an old man and I love analog art ;)  I didn't follow that Spidergirl thread until today, then saw your post. My life is full of negativity, and I find art an outlet, so I like to "peek" in on fellow artists.
    I'm going to try and do some "old school" art soon....but with my caveman work schedule who knows.
    I love it when people can express their ideas though, especially young people

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, makes sense. I haven't put pencil to paper in almost 20 years. For a while I was drawing on paper, scanning it into Photoshop, correcting my mistakes, printing it in light blue ink, redrawing, and repeating until I fixed all my mistakes but once I got a drawing tablet it simplified the whole process and I never looked back. My drawing skills are ok but with digital I'm able to produce results above my actual skill level.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1