‘Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts’ Adds Peter Dinklage, Liza Koshy & More – Deadline

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Dec 1, 2022.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I think it was a really cool trailer overall. There's a lot I like, and a couple things I don't.

Honestly surprised how much action and robot stuff was shown. Felt like it was going to have more human stuff. I'm especially surprised they showed bits of that big battle at the end. Looks really cool and exciting.

Not a lot to go on for the story, but I like what I see and hear. I'm definitely leaning towards thinking this takes place in the Bayverse. Especially Primal's line about the "future". I don't think Scourge is Bayverse Prime, but I do think some sort of time-travel story involving Unicron is likely.

I'm mixed on the designs. Mirage and Bumblebee look pretty cool. Honestly think Arcee looks kind of uncanny (although still an improvement over her creepy and rushed BB movie design). I like what I see of Scourge and Battletrap, although we don't see a whole lot. The Maximals look neat. Optimus looks cool, although I honestly think they've somehow managed to create a more awkwardly-proportioned face than his '07 design, which I always found off-putting. Not sure why they insist on putting his mouth where his chin should be. Only AOE and TLK made his face look good.

I don't think I quite like these designs as much as the non-Cybertron BB movie designs, but then again the BB movie designs took a little while to grow on me. I recall being kind of put off by Bumblebee's design when I first saw the BB teaser, but that became one of my favorite designs in the brand. I'll have to sit on these longer and see how they age for me. Don't really see anything I hate, aside from maybe Optimus' face.

The CGI definitely leaves a lot to be desired. Normally I'd assume the effects are unfinished, but in this case I'm assuming they're finished since the movie was delayed. I guess it's kind of a tradeoff. If they put more time and care into the effects, they can't have as many effects (which means more human stuff). Honestly willing to accept slightly cartoony effects if it means more robot focus.

So yeah, overall I'm liking what I see. Looks like a super fun movie. Can't wait to see what other marketing pops up in the coming months, hard to believe we're officially in that season.

2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    lol, Arcee is being voiced by a Youtuber.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We have a Transformer who rose to fame through Vine now. Didn't see that one coming

• Like Like x 4
  4. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

A few things. First... Hasbro can we please stop hiring YouTubers as actors? On the one hand, that's awesome these people are getting opportunities and I genuinely wish them the best but on the other hand? This franchise's track record with YouTuber performances has not been great. Lest we forget Jake Foushee who was hired for his Peter Cullen impression that so far has proven himself to be one of the worst Optimus voices in recent memory. To me, they should've just stuck with Grey Griffin for Arcee. Next, while I think Peter Dinklage as a villain sounds cool? The only thing this makes me think about is the time he was brought onto Destiny to voice a character and delivered such a dull performance he was replaced by Nolan North so hopefully he's good but if not? Well Hasbro has only themselves to blame. As for the other voices?

Honestly it's cool to see some of these cast members. The Transformers films have always been pretty good about casting the robots and getting great performances out of them. Hugo Weaving for instance while he admitted he phoned in his lines sounded amazing as Megatron and for the most part they tried to get more voice actors than regular actors. People like Jess Harnell, Grey Griffin and John DiMaggio so to see they are focusing on more unknown talent is cool along with some of the celebrity voices. While I would've liked vocal consistency? I also don't mind some of the new voices like Wheeljack. To me? That's cool, I think as long as they try to go for something close to what Wheeljack is known for in terms of character and good direction the guy will hopefully nail it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty torn about this. Some of the designs look amazing, like Arcee, but then we're back to having crushed-nose chin-lips Optimus Prime and characters like Wheeljack and Cheetor not really looking the part in bot mode.

Ultimately though it's the story implications that are really turning me off.
    Bumblebee's reboot being spoiled on this crappy way to tie up Bayformers is the last thing I wanted, yet everything I'm seeing lines up with that plot leak that the Terrorcons are Bayformers from the future corrupted by Unicron. Bayformers was over with, done, and Bumblebee was edited in post to cut ties, yet here we are watching this fresh new continuity with potential get sewed back onto a rotting corpse. It makes me sick. If the actual quality of this movie isn't positively astounding I'm going to end up skipping it like the Star Wars sequels just to, in my mind anyway, preserve the story I value more.

• Like Like x 6
  6. ze collecter

ze collecter Brotherhood Paladin

News Credits:
    Not worried about Peter Dinklage at all because he's a proven voice actor. If I remember correctly, Liza Koshy does try to put some effort into her acting so I'm not too worried about Arcee either.

7. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Excited to see Tobe Nwigwe! I've never seen him act in anything, but I feel like that man's good at everything. Peter Dinklage is amazing casting.

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, the only Dinklage voice performance that I can remember was his aggressively mediocre work on Destiny 2. But someone shared a clip of him in Ice Age earlier in the thread that seemed a lot more lively.

9. ze collecter

ze collecter Brotherhood Paladin

News Credits:
    He was good in Ice Age, probably one of the only good things about that specific film.

10. Farkus

Farkus Well-Known Member

All I hear is **Studio Series Stratosphere**

• Like Like x 5
  11. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't know that. At least he won't be having creative control over it.

12. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    If it makes you feel better he also produced Bumblebee and both A Quiet Place films.

13. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

Good to know that. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So instead of Grey coming back we got this chick? Hmm...

15. MallusPrime

MallusPrime Professional TF:One Hater

I'll say this, she does have some experience with voice acting and has been in a few movies so I am kinda optimistic about her. But I am disappointed that they didn't go with Grey DeLisle or Sumalee Montano because I would've loved for some voice actors to take on these roles.

Also, I really like Peter Dinklage for Scourge, not really who I wanted for Scourge but it's a good casting. If I was in charge, I would've had Mark Oliver who played Garmadon in Ninjago to play Scourge since I imagined his voice for Scourge.

Here is a video I made of Mark Oliver as Scourge

This makes me disappointed because I had hoped that they would have gotten an experienced voice actor to play Wheeljack like Steve Blow. I don't even know if this actor has voice acting experience or can drop the accent to do a traditional Wheeljack voice.

16. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

That's NOT AT ALL what happened with Destiny. Not saying the Dinkle-bot's performance was brilliant or anything, but the reason Dinklage was replaced by North in that game was simply because Dinklage was too big and too busy to come back and keep recording new lines for the Ghost. Bungie wanted the Ghost to be talkative, to be the player's link to the narrative and the game world, and so they went out and got somebody who could be counted on to return for lots and lots of new lines with each expansion.

17. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

That's the official reason they gave I'm aware... but to be frank game devs and publishers will give out reasons like that for the sake of not killing any potential working relationship. Considering the criticism that performance received and everything surrounding Destiny? It seems way more plausible that they used Nolan North's hiring as an opportunity to wipe away the bad performance.

18. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    I guess I’ll hold my criticism until we see the film/hear these performances… but just looking at that cast list… I feel like the characters are all going to sound annoying & it’ll be distracting. Personally, I was kind of hoping that we’d finally get a “good” version of Wheeljack, aka his G1 self, and I was disappointed when he was made a beat-up van, and now I guess he’ll have a Mexican accent? I mean, if he’s still a scientist I guess that could be ok, but I feel like from the casting that doesn’t seem like the angle they’ll go for…

I don’t know. “Bumblebee” for me was the best Transformers film we’ve gotten so far, but seeing as it kind of underperformed compared to TF 1-4, I’m sure some exec at Hasbro or Paramount thought that was due to it not being “fun” or “zany” enough… I just hope that they haven’t 180’d to a bunch of obnoxious goofball Autobots in this one…

• Like Like x 3
  19. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    I don't get why people lose their minds over a famous celebrity showing up in these casts, as if that means anything if the script they have to work with is ass. While it's true that a good actor can elevate shit with their performance ... That's not a guarantee.

I'd rather have a cast list of nobodies / newbies to the industry get a shot and do a really good job than spend a chunk of the budget on famous people with star power and hope that's enough to get people interested in your movie.

Also lol Liza Koshy as Arcee.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 20thc3nturybl003s

20thc3nturybl003s Behold, my profile... of DOOM!

Yeah but David Sobolov is also a voice actor and he most likely isn't as well known as the other celebrity cast members.

EDIT: Also I have no idea who the hell Liza Koshy is.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2