‘Transformers 5′: Mark Wahlberg Says Michael Bay Likely To Direct

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay is at his best in directing the 1st movie in terms of thrilling action sequences, and the story are decent too.but since Ehren Kruger join start from 2nd movie, the storyline just drop to bottom..The action in the beginning and the half of ROTFstill great but just a mess in the end..The theory and action style all turn to lousiness...
    What I meant here is come on, there are Transformers, so many weaponry and function they can use, why just like human fighting and use weaponry like machine gun only??For example they can use laser, sonic wave, rail gun, powerful alien missile, invisible protecting shield etc, and weapon that not in this world like in district 9..there are so many choices you know.. as we can imagine..
    Second is the way they fight, please don't fight like human, maybe Michael Bay just run out out idea since Tf1, they are Transformers, be more creative of using weaponry during battle please..And bring more transformations on each robots.
    3rd is the most stupid stuff, Decepticons to drive alien jet?please..they are Transformers, just bring in Aerial Decepticons would be lot watchable!Those unknown protoform robots and alien ship are very unnecessary you know..all we need is around 6- 10 real decepticons that got character name n more screen time on them, just don't easily kill them with a shot or punch, that's really sucks to watch if die that fast..and military are impossible to kill them in easy way..
    As for Transformers design, what the hell is Michael Bay want more like human face n body? Please.. there are robots, don't make them look like us, got beard, fat and old?and red blood?just wasted the robot character development especially Jet Fire, he suppose to look like Robotech.And Devastator, he need to be cool, not like a slow motion gorilla please, just strange why Michael Bay will accept the art work for that.And the combiner should combine when each of the Contructicons can't defeat autobots, not straightaway combine to Devastator, this is a big mistake.
    I just hope that they can find a right director that know how to fixed all these, and if Paramount can choose someone to do it..I think James Cameron & Guilermo Deltoro would be the best but seems it's impossible because they got many project in hand..Anyway sorry for my broken English here...I just wanna share what the weakness in Transformers 2- 4...I just wanna voice out what I dislike about Transformers Trilogy that are keep disappointing me start from the 2nd movie.And with TFCU, I hope they can have an Autobots team spin-off like Aerial Bots and Protectobots.

2. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Not surprised at all. If this ends up being true, it will just be the latest in a long series of Bay saying one thing and doing the opposite.

And as for starting a poll, forget it. If you really want to vote against Bay continuing to be involved with TF movies, don't pay to see it in theaters, don't buy it on disc, and encourage all your friends to boycott. Vote with your dollar, if his next one tanks at the box office there's more of a chance Paramount and Hasbro will reboot. Same goes for the toys.

3. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

^This.
    Everything that comes out of his face is a lie. Think about how many announcements he has made regarding any part of the TF movies(not coming back, the twins, moare serious tone), and how many of them were lies... was it all of them? I thought so.

4. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
  5. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    We need one to bomb to get him off this and get a reboot.

6. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

So angry right now.

7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Boycotting doesn't work unless everyone does it, if they want Bay to direct it that's who will do it.

So you would rather have a movie bomb and ruin the movie franchise profits instead of this next one making even more money.

The anti-logic in that is beyond my imagination.

8. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Stop being angry guys how many director's out there should do the film's but no one will most of them have their on film's

9. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh for god sake, let it go Bay!

10. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Great news! Happy to have him on board again!

11. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Michael Bay is clearly the only director in Hollywood who knows how to incorporate complicated cgi action into live action settings.
    Also, who else is gonna do all the glorified firework explosions, that are really necessary for a Transformers film?!

???...

12. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Than I guess i'll be skipping this one too.

13. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Oh, who are they kidding??? Of course he's going to direct it! It's too much money for him not to direct it! Whether or not that's a good thing depends on your opinion of Bay. I, myself, feel he can make good movies, but he's too much like a kid hyped on sugar. With someone to reign him in, Transformers 5 could be a masterpiece. I'm expecting more of the same mindless fun that's somewhat dragged down by Michael Bay's usual problems.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    i would be totally happy if he returned,

15. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Sigh.

What did you expect?

16. Theoutcast87

Theoutcast87 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll give Bay one more chance. Perhaps with a another writer to see if he could do a decent Transformers 5 like the first one. If not, it's going to flop if Kruger is on board again.

17. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed. Cutting off your nose to spite your face just about covers it.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I agree that boycott has absolutely zero chance of working. The people working on the films don't care if we are happy or not. The producers don't care if we are happy or not. Even the top brass at Paramount doesn't care if we are happy or not. When fewer Americans watched the movies they just advertised like crazy in China. They just find other people to sell tickets to.

But bomb is the only thing Paramount seems to fear so without a bomb it's just more of the same again and again until they turn one of these films into a bomb. At this point it's really hard to give a damn about Paramount taking a profit hit when Paramount hasn't given a damn about me. Hasbro has shown they can survive even when movie toys shelf warm.

19. Theoutcast87

Theoutcast87 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fate of Bay in this franchise depends on the casual viewers in the states. If the number drops domestically, then he's out. So let's see if the common people are still ready for one TF movie again. The competition could be fierce. Robotech, Pacific Rim 2. Perhaps other robot movies?

20. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I'm sorry but no he doesn't have a good visual sense. He overuses explosions and his trademark pans so much it actually makes it harder to watch. And "better writers" doesn't change anything. Kruger was brought in due to having actual knowledge of the brand. That doesn't stop Bay from changing things wherever he feels like it.