‘Transformers’ to Lean into Love Stories in the Future

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Mar 18, 2019.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh dear....

'Transformers' to Lean into Love Stories in the Future

• Like Like x 6
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Fallout

Fallout i can't hear a thing on the radio

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    bumblebee hangs dong

• Like Like x 6
  3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    hahahaha oh my god. What!?

• Like Like x 5
  4. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb TFW2005 Supporter

Hasbro needs to get their lackey on a leash.

[​IMG]

5. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Yeah I’m down with an Arce-Mikaela Banes love story. Seriously. That’s something I’d be really interested in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: 
    :puke2: :puke2: :puke2: :puke2: :puke2: 

Okay, I'm not going to defend you anymore Lorenzo. I tried, but it's true...you're a crazy man.

Seriously, why is this a thing on their radar? All the cool directions they could take the story, and all they can think of is "hey, let's have robot romance". That's a fine direction to take their supposed "new universe". Why do they want to give them "human desires"? They're asexual machines! Why not let the human characters fall in love, and explore the robots as robots? If this is the route they intend to go, I actually really hope they just stay in the Bayverse. I mean, they've already added plenty of weirdness to that anyway. I was really hoping they were going to step up their game after Bumblebee's success, but I'm losing hope for the future of this movie series fast.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    I really won’t mind a love story provided it’s done right. This is just, again, going to separate Cybertronians from other pop culture robot tropes because, really, Cybertronians are sentient and sapient natural living organisms that can THINK and FEEL. I have been explaining this forever that Cybertronians are not terminators and sky net; they’re not Wall-E; they’re not Kaylons; they’re not Cylons; They’re not Johnny 5; they’re not Daleks. That has been the mantra ever since the beginning and prominently narrated at the beginning of the first episode. cybertronians have intelligence. They have emotions. They feel anger, hate, love, compassion, jealousy, they feel pain, they can get hurt and react to it, they can laugh at a joke without having to think it through or process (if they get the joke, they get it) and a whole range of diverse emotions. They can feel attraction. They’re self-aware and self-conscious. They’re emotionally evolved. They do not move mechanically like robots and do not talk in robot speak like Isaac from the Orville (saying “affirmative” rather than a plain “yes”, for example) or play dumb because they cannot get what passes for a prank/humor so they go to the extreme in showing what a prank/joke could be (again, for example, from the Orville when Malloy wanted to cut someone’s hair to play a prank on him, so Isaac thought cutting any human body part was funny so, Isaac went a step ahead and cut malloy’s Leg because he thought he was just playing a prank). They have their culture. They have their civilization they built from scratch and they did not have to kill anyone for it because they revolted against those who created them when they became sentient. They are living organisms, not artificial intelligence but natural intelligence.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 18
  8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    If we get something like Silverbolt and Blackarachnia in BEAST WARS, I'm good.

But this is tricky. It's going to require good writers to make it work.

• Like Like x 11
  9. killcrites

killcrites Active Member

Ebay:
    He just used romantic attraction as an example, but I think the main thing to take away from this is that they want to make the Transformers have feelings and personalities that makes them relatable and more easily identifiable with the audience.

• Like Like x 9
  10. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    More clickbait.

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot *º*Hockey mom and coach*º*

News Credits:
    NY'er living in the middle of nowhere, NC
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

It's official: Lorenzo di Bonaventura is absolutely fucking insane and has no idea what the fuck Transformers are supposed to be about.

At least he's been a detestable bastard since day one and we're not getting some truly horrifying shit such as when the original creator of Metroid was brought back for Other M...until that game turned into the Evangelion of motherhood imagery, that idiot decided to try declaring the Prime series non-canon, and ultimately turned out to have zero fucking idea why people even liked Metroid in the first place.

As for this romance shit? Something deep inside me is saying Lorenzo is more likely than not trying to fish around for anything he can use to try and steer the brand direction away from what Bumblebee was. And he's getting desperate.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Sir Spookii

Sir Spookii Well-Known Member

What is going on??? LMAOOOO

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

It's almost like they should be written like actual fucking characters.

Because I think Lorenzo is still completely blind to the idea that humans can't relate to Transformers...even though they're clearly humanoid (most of them at least), have human like faces capable of human like expression, speak English fluently, and have an advanced culture and civilization (before it all got burned to the ground by the Decepticons). Transformers are largely based on humans so the idea that they're somehow not relatable is absolutely idiotic.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:

I blame Team Ninja for the Other M fiasco..

Anywho TFs have always had emotions and personalities and inter-personal relationships both professional, as friends/family and romantic partners. So this is like whatever to me. Kind of an odd announcement so close on the heels of "NEEDZ MOAR AKSHUN!" though.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    The Girl Who Loved Powerglide

Powerglide_heart.jpg

Coming to theaters Summer 2021.

• Like Like x 20
  17. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

Well if they’re going to do it, I suggest watching a lot of Beast Wars, and maybe reading some More than Meets the Eye.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Venixion

News Credits:

No way, they were terrible together! I'd rather see Sea Change. Lana and Seaspray actually liked each other. Or maybe a romantic femme fatale flick with Enter the Nightbird. Megs and Nightbird would be a serious power couple. :lol :

• Like Like x 4
  19. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    So, is Starscream the villain, trying to break the two of them up to gain Megatron's favor again? :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  20. Venixion

News Credits:
    It can be a revenge story too. She won't forget who shot her in the back so readily. They'll track him down to assassinate him on their honeymoon.

The couple that slays together, stays together. :D 

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 5