‘Transformers’ Producer Answers Critics Biggest Problems With ‘Age Of Extinction’

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusJet, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    All Hail Megatron....?

2. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

See, I saw that movie twice, and if I noticed the product placement at the time, I immediately forgot about it. The Bud and Beats in AOE was just...something else. They took it to a whole new level of shameful in my opinion, but maybe that's just me.

Of course the next time I watch Man of Steel I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye out.

3. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    They have a fight inside the IHOP!

4. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

That was true at one point, but it's jumped the shark. It's now become an exercise in hating Michael Bay for the sake of hating Michael Bay. And when people (not you, but there are those out there) start insinuating that Bay's an idiot or this evil sociopath hack because he dared to make a movie they personally didn't care for? Then the idea of objective criticism has just become a farce.

And the Bay haters start up once again with the "if you like the movies you're not a true fan" nonsense. I'd rather be derided for liking bits of RotF then be part of this elitist circle jerk.

After his human allies nearly killed him, have killed his friends, and are melting down his medical officer for scrap? I'd say Prime's allowed to flip out a bit.

All Hail Megatron. The G1 Marvel comics. Hell, even the G1 cartoon showed inter-Autobot disagreements.

I rather take that over the adolecent humour they replaced it with. See why I say Bay can't win?

It was just as gratuitous as the pandering to the US military in the first three.

Guess what. Every Hollywood movie has product placement. And if the product placement here helped pay for the scenes where the Autobots were fleshed out as characters? I'm fine with that.

There was more robot character development in this film then there was in any of the previous three films. What do you want? A movie without humans at all? 'Cause that's gonna bomb at the box office.

There was an explanation. Lockdown explained they were a band of ancient Cybertronian knights he had captured. It's not the film's fault you weren't paying attention.

The name is supposed to sound cheesy. Joshua Joyce mentions that it was chosen via a focus group and trademarked in preparation for the rollout of their man-made Transformers. The whole point was to sound like a bad marketing gimmick.

5. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

It's as if Age of Extinction was so long, they decided put literal commercial breaks throughout its length.

6. Sentinel Prime

Sentinel Prime Traitor to the cause

Transformium made sense to me. What else would humans have called it? Cybertonium?

SP4H

7. Awesomus Prime

News Credits:
    I think Cybertronium actually would have been a bit better. But, I agree. It made total sense. It's the element that humans discovered that Transformers were made of. Of course they would just call it 'Transformium', for simplicity's sake. That's how most new elements are named.

It's one of the dumber criticisms I've seen used against this movie. It definitely makes a helluva lot more sense than 'Unobtainium'...

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Its a fun soulless movie, Lockdown was pretty rad.

People parts skippable on blu ray yay