Revoltech Starscream Has arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by encline, Mar 22, 2008.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I am excited that I got this today! Optimus and Megatron are my favorite transformers that do not transform. No let down here!!! Let's review!!

First: The box opens from the top and bottom, unlike Megs and Prime. The picture on the back of Megatron stepping on SS is great!
    When you open the bottom, it has a picture of riffle Megs in SS hand.
    Smells like cooless.
    There little pieces of plastic between the wrists and forearms, as well as between the waist and torso that need to be removed.
    Or man, if only hasbro would use the metalic blue and red tht is on this bad boy. The colors are great.
    The joints are not as hard to move like they are on Prime and Megs. Plus, the head and neck are one part. You can pose the head not at the base of the head, but at the shoulders.
    The base and stand are a really cool addition! There is an extra joint that you put into SS's anus!!!
    The guns can come off.
    Well, it is all I expected. Greatness. The face is perfect. I would highly recommend getting this!!! Now for pics!!
    [​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22
    [​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22
    [​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22
    [​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22

[​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22
    [​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22
    [​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22 anal joint!

[​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22
    [​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22
    [​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22
    [​IMG]
    By encline at 2008-03-22

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  2. encline

News Credits:
    Getting some more pics!

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Extra anal joint? Sold!

Pictures! Seriously. I want this guy. How did you pass on Hot Rod though?

EDIT: I have no idea why I typed "SS" previously.

Thanks for the pictures!

4. encline

News Credits:
  5. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

I find the overall paint apps are amazing on these figures. I also find the quality of the design and construction overall to be great as well. For example, the deep metallic red on the inside of Megatron's legs is awesome, and the shiny/metallic off-white color of Ultra Magnus is really gorgeous.

Thanks for the great pics!

6. encline

News Credits:
    Oh yeah man, the paint is great! The red on Megs is the same on SS. The blue on SS is one of the best colors of blue I have sen on a figure.

7. encline

News Credits:
    Now that I have had him a couple of days, the only con is, just like Prime, that he does not have the degree of movement in the shoulders like Megatron.

Does nobody else like these besides menraljane and pud 333

8. encline

News Credits:
    You know, I always though hotrod was a b*tch. But, I broke down and bought him because of how cool this line is. I will just pretend that he wasn't there for hasbro to replace Prime with!!! (OHHH, I am starting a fire!!):p 

9. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    ohh i can't wait to order mine...hey encline...are you going to order another one and do some of that sweet air brushing that you do, on him?

10. encline

News Credits:
    Wow!! I really appreciate that. I am actually going to do a set of seekers. Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Ramjet. 100% Airbrushed with metallic enamels, weathered and battled damaged. I am even going to try to do some diffirent head sculpts.

11. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    awesome...i can't wait to see those customs when you start

12. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

:lol 

Yeah, I totally agree: Hotrod was always a wanker, but I ended up ordering him too just cause the line is so wicked. It seems the revoltech line is not as appreciated here as I thought it might be. I guess maybe it's the idea of non-transforming transformers that turns TF fans off? I don't know. :inquisiti  Oh, and I'm so looking forward to those seeker customs of yours, encline!

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wish the ball-joints were colored to match his thighs and upper arms.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Revoltech Magnus has white joints just use those.

15. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I got mine too.

Starscream is great, although the shoulder intakes are ridiculously huge, even in person. I also don't like how Megatron fits in there. The bottom of the gun is attached to the top of the gun by a TINY peg. You have to detach it to insert it into Starscream's hand, and then re-attach it once it's in place. Seems like it'd be easy to break. I also wonder why Starscream didn't get an extra head.

Hotrod is good too, but the shoulder joints on mine are really loose. Anyone else having this problem?

16. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Banned

Ooooh I'm so tempted...

Does no-one else have problems swapping the hands on these though? My Prime snapped at the wrist so now his right hand is held on with blutack and I can't change it because the rest of the peg is stuck in the hole :( 

17. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    They're tough. You just have to be gentle with them because they're in so tightly.

Does anyone know where you can buy the Revoltech joint packs online?

18. encline

News Credits:
    I haven't had that problem. That sucks though. I also would like to know where to get the joints.

19. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you have to wiggle and twist them and slowly work them out. It's a pain, but so far my figures haven't broken anything. I never understood why they were made with two separate pieces: why not just make a hand and joint that is a single mold? That way you can yank it out straight and it won't pull the two apart.

No, but I would love to find out. My prime's head joint broke a little so the very top of it snapped. Still works fine, but I still haven't figured out why it snapped.

Also, regarding joints, I am kind of annoyed that with all the extra joints that come with Ultra Magnus, why there isn't enough to swap out all the black joints. Kinda lame, but whatever.

20. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I got my pair last night.... and I'm going to address some issues that everyones kinda already brought up.

But first I will say Starscream is pretty cool. The paint just pops so much. Love the wings and the body. Poseable null rays rock. The head seems small, but I don't think we need a second option. That face is Starscream, except maybe a head where he's gritting his teeth (like in battle). The stand is also cool for him, though I don't think it's necessary for Hot Rod.

Here are some minor "things I would change" on the figure.
    1.The intakes need to be 1/3" shorter, maybe it it would look a little more in scale.
    2.The Megatron gun is a little on the flimsy side. Comes apart in 3 pieces. I thought I had broken the scope when it fell off. Plus I notice the trigger guard doesn't wrap around the finger. I understand why, but maybe they should have just make the gun/hand 1 piece so you don't have to take it apart.
    3. The waist doesn't allow for a lot of motion in the upper leg joint. It's like it's too small or things are too close together. The pose I was going for was a kneeling-type flying pose. Plus I feel like I need to take the legs off any time I mess with that joint. Otherwise I feel like they might snap off.