Kenny's G1 collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Kenny278, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Ok folks

Been collecting again since november.. have massed a good sized collection now - thought I would do an updated thread with new pics and everything with all the accessories. Took me all day to get them out and pics taken - hence why the lighting changes ... but was worth it - not done an offical count yet but there is a good few!

I don't have room to display them at the moment but they are kept in my room in storage boxes.

Been going a bit mad on ebay but am going to slow it down a bit and just set a couple of aims a month which I'll update on this thread here... one or two complete figures a month .. or complete a figure I have already - anyway - I shall stop waffling on and get on with the pics!

[​IMG]

The loose Autobot Group shot

[​IMG]

overall group shot of the loose bots

[​IMG]

Masterpieces - 20th prime is missing his head....

[​IMG]

Encore selection - well the start of it - going to get megs and prime and the new ones when they come out ...

[​IMG]

Toysrus Hasbro reissues.. Got a couple to complete the set - going to complete this set then start on the takara set properly

[​IMG]

Speaking of which .... four of twenty one... sob my poor wallet!

[​IMG]

G1 seasons 1 to 4... and the movie with the transforming case...

[​IMG]

Complete stunticons set.. Breakdown is one I'm going to replace as the spoiler is chipped - anyone has a loose one drop me a pm with a price

[​IMG]

Dodgy angle shot with the cannons attached

[​IMG]

Robot mode shots - for some reason deadends gun doesn't wanna fit... any ideas??

[​IMG]

The mighty menasor...I had him as a kid too - I swapped my m.a.s.k. boulder hill for it .. kinda regretted it at the time though

[​IMG]

Complete combaticons set with all guns, have the ramp (not pictured)

[​IMG]

All are the plastic chest versions

[​IMG]

Big bad bruticus ...think I'll be getting some reprolables to clean him up at some point

[​IMG]

All six seacons, complete with weapons

[​IMG]

Standing armed.. with the Autobots in the background...

[​IMG]

Just need one connector to complete the set

[​IMG]

Pirannacon armed with jawbreaker in gun mode, camera really doesn't like the pink colour

[​IMG]

Terrorcons set missing blots gun - is on its way (apparently)

[​IMG]

Robot mode with guns only missing blots :( 

[​IMG]

Abominus - again the pink is off colour cause of the camera, will have to get a light tent at some point

[​IMG]

Technobots, almost complete - just waiting on shattershots chest shield

[​IMG]

Complete little bots ... have got a spare strafe and lightspeed if anyone needs?

[​IMG]

Looks a bit wimpy without the chest piece I think...

[​IMG]

Protectobots - complete set minus grooves guns - have a minty complete one on the way though .

[​IMG]

All have metal chests.. mostly white too - not to much yellowing anyway

[​IMG]

Defensor

[​IMG]

Arielbots, might replace the little bots sometime as they are a bit beat up looking

[​IMG]

A bit loose - only have airraid's small gun and need the ramp for silverbolt to complete him

[​IMG]

Superion - is a little bit shakey in the legs but he displays well

[​IMG]

The only movie toys I have - "evolution" bumblebee - really wanted to get the '08 camaro version - looks sweet

[​IMG]

The '74 version of the robot just looks weird mostly in the feet department - if I've transformed him right that is...

[​IMG]

The '86 movie bad guys... Still not cleaned them up - Galvatron needs new stickers bigtime

[​IMG]

bit blurry - scourge's head gun is missing a bit :(  otherwise is complete

[​IMG]

Pretender beasts... can't find parts for snarler at all - might just buy a complete and sell the one that I have

[​IMG]

look pretty good as robots though..

[​IMG]

Dreadwind and Darkwing - complete - darkwing needs new stickers bigtime

[​IMG]

Dreadwing - forgot to open out the front fins though .. whoops

[​IMG]

My favourite powermasters (from the UK comic anyway)

[​IMG]

Original release skywarp - needs missiles and guns, and landing gear...

[​IMG]

His fists come in handy for displaying him anyway (if I could display them that is)

[​IMG]

Couple of targetmasters with their guns... the "rare" cyclonus in a darker and nicer purple and crosshairs...

[​IMG]

don't like how nightstick and pinpointer sit on the jet and car modes of the bots though seems like a definate afterthought

[​IMG]

Headmasters... highbrow is a bit of a junker - needs a new cockpit and a couple of parts, snapdragon is missing his parts, skullcruncher is just missing his gun...

[​IMG]

Robot mode... camera definately doesn't seem to like pink in the lighting

[​IMG]

Battletrap

[​IMG]

Nuff said really

[​IMG]

Beaten and battered prerub soundwave... probably in the "junker" class

[​IMG]

He can't even stand right - might use him for spare rather than fixing him up

[​IMG]

This guy I may fix up - original version - missing an arm but easy got I think

[​IMG]

Hopefully have the takara one on the way.. depends on if customs nab it or not

[​IMG]

A gnaw junker... chrome is not bad but he's missing arms, tail and a mouth claw.. also the fists won't pop out cause the tabs are gone

[​IMG]

Complete Shockwave.... sounds work ... but the lights don't :(  hopefully find a working junker and nick the circuit board

[​IMG]

No short shockwave syndrome either :)  and the hose is not cracked

[​IMG]

Original G1 '84 autobot cars... all of these - except wheeljack, ironhide and rachet are junkers - and this is why

[​IMG]

Broken and yellowed - parts missing etc... but got the reissues for most of them

[​IMG]

Minibots - in decent enough condition - except bumblebee... missing a tyre :( 

[​IMG]

They are a little on the loose side - wouldn't stand on the carpet - hence the lid..

[​IMG]

Whirl - in good condition but not as good as I first thought - the little wing sections are broken off :( 

[​IMG]

Still a good looking bot though - don't think he was released in the UK

[​IMG]

Blurr and Hot rod, blurr's sheild is broken - and hotrods a bit loose..

[​IMG]

Hot rods complete - blurr needs a new shield and his gun - think he's the targetmaster version

[​IMG]

Slapdash - had him as a kid - remember swapping him for a soundwave

[​IMG]

He's complete but the powermaster doesn't sit very well in the engine slot

[​IMG]

Micromasters.... flattop I need the carrier for though

[​IMG]

Wasn't a huge fan of these to be honest - be the last things I try collect

[​IMG]

The only "g2" I have "Manta Ray" came in a ebay "lot"

[​IMG]

Reasonably cool looking bot though

[​IMG]

sandstorm, he's in reasonably good condition - bit loose and incomplete

[​IMG]

Complete perceptor ... legs are a bit loose but stands well

[​IMG]

Complete original ultra magnus

[​IMG]

And a junker to keep him company

[​IMG]

The trailer is plastic wheels, the cab is plastic wheel - is better condition compaired to all the plastic wheels ones

[​IMG]

Looks great compaired to the junker anyway

[​IMG]

The dinobots, minus swoop - slag is really needing a new dino head though.. might buy some KO's to fix them up

Snarl is a gen2 and is in great condition as a result - no wear at all except for the stickers

[​IMG]

Am going to be accessories hunting for a while I think

[​IMG]

Topspin and twintwist.. with their weapons - pull back function still works on both

[​IMG]

Twintwist is a little more difficult to get to hold in the drill mode - but he does eventually

[​IMG]

Blaster -missing the plastic on his chest bit the door still operates as it should

[​IMG]

I don't like the bot mode arms at all - look better folded to the side

[​IMG]

Jetfire - he's not really white but he's not yellow - needs a minor repair so will have to invest in a junker at some point

[​IMG]

Need to get the rest of his armour and gun and clip - legs could do with being replaced also

[​IMG]

Metroplex 1... almost complete - was in sorry shape when i got him - ended up dismantling him completely to clean him and rebuilt him with a junker donating some screws and some parts

[​IMG]

The missiles actually belong to overlord, put them in metro's guns so I didn't lose them - so yes they do fit

[​IMG]

City mode- this is how I remember it - though I've seen a few differing versions of it

[​IMG]

Countdown micromaster base... Not a big fan - but got it for £5 - so was a decent deal

[​IMG]

The base mode, the red cannons connector was broken so have glued and pinned it back together

[​IMG]

My two G1 primes... spot the difference?

[​IMG]

OK - one is a junker and the other is complete... but thats not all.....

[​IMG]

Give up? LOL - yes a 'rare' redfoot made in france varient... though I'll be honest and say I had to use some junker parts to get him looking nice - the front grill was broken - and the trailer door clip was broken too so I swapped them over, the colour is slightly different between the trailers

[​IMG]

Still looks awesome though

[​IMG]

The pride of my collection - complete and unyellowed fortress maximus

[​IMG]

Complete with all hidden weapons with mint stickers

[​IMG]

I guess this is the "spacecraft" mode or battlestation

[​IMG]

City mode ... was a hassle to complete him and he's kicked off my plastic crack addition... I blame fort max... but he's definately a favourite

[​IMG]

Can't have Max without scorponok - wish he was max sized though - that would be cool

[​IMG]

He's almost complete though - just need one of the sliver shields though I would rather replace with a pair - damn chromewear

[​IMG]

Oh yeah -need the plastic covers on his legs - waiting on a junker body .. hopefully it will have them

[​IMG]

Sixshot - just waiting on his guns being delivered... can never remember how to transform him into all six modes...

[​IMG]

Trypticon - who walks just great - dog goes nuts at him lol

[​IMG]

Missing all the parts for him though -anyone has any - drop me a pm

[​IMG]

Might give it a go at completing him this spring - definately a cool toy

[​IMG]

The badass I thought I would never complete

[​IMG]

Tank mode

[​IMG]

Tank, jet and powermasters

[​IMG]

Complete base mode

[​IMG]

Metroplex number 2... won him off ebay box is a mess

[​IMG]

Missing a flap and the spec

[​IMG]

Foam is a bit beat up too

[​IMG]

But he's complete, mint and no yellowing at all - stickers are in great condition - probably hardly played with...oh yeah need missiles... six of them doh always forget something

So thats it - my collection so far

If you have any bits i need let me know - my plans are to complete what I have so far, the tru hasbro reissues encore and takara collections also - going to try pace it out - get a couple each month rather than masses lol

Hope you like anyway :) 

2. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

It was enjoyable reading about each figure.

3. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

wow...that was pretty slick! as stated previously...an entertaining read. nice collection. I think every superion has the same problem. mine stands fine....leaning up against someone else. (I think you can see it in the pic) working on a new collection of them, non KO variety kinda thing.

I'd be interested in your lightspeed...mine is kinda busted up

Bucket

4. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Thanks for posting, it wan fun... and full of nostalgic moments for me :) 

5. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Love the collection, love the lounge!

Well done on having Whirl and Shockwave on this island. (I share your yearning for Swoop.)

Top drawer, big man.

They really did go big for the turq and pink on those post-86 combiners...

I really need some help with my G1 Prime, same problem as you mentioned:
    I have one in good condition except for a chipped front grill - and I have one 'battle damaged', where the grill is the only thing mint. Bugger.

How do you change the grill over? I'm an utter novice to alterations and kitbashing and fear busting my toys so I need a real Idiot's Guide to doing this.

I'll probably post a thread in the Radicons section, don't want to hijack this one...

6. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

I will get a swoop - but I don't want to pay £80 odd for him - but I may well do at some point :( 

The G1 prime... well I took the redfoot carefully to bits .. but the front grill was tricky - you have to remove one of the front wheels, I used a soldering iron and needle nose pliers to heat up the wee retaining nut and then pull it off - worked out ok but the nut isn't as securely on as it should be cause I didn't want to damage it putting it back on

7. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Nice Collection!

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Thanks a bundle, Kenny!

New shopping list: inexpensive Swoop, soldering iron, n-n pliers...

Once the thread's up I'll start getting some pics up of my cackhanded attempts.

9. djstarscream

djstarscream g1 nut

nice

10. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    thnaks for sharing!

11. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

Very nice; looking at your gestalts makes me want to start collecting them.

Great collection! :rock 

12. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    Awesome G1 collection mate!

13. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very awesome collection!!

14. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Cheers guys! Almost forgot about this thread .... needs a major update too - will hopefully get that done tomorrow :) 

15. Uncrazimatic

Uncrazimatic Uncrazimatic Bore

awesome g1 collection man! im jealous! im working my g1 towards yours!

16. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Lovely Colelction, I'm amazed you got that much in so short a time!

17. Sir.Grimlock

Sir.Grimlock Banned

Very nice collection you got there

18. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice stuff there. Have you tried to fix your Shockwave? The problem could be just as simple as bad solder joints. When I got mine out of storage after 15 years neither lights or sounds worked. After dissasembly and a little touchup of the solder on the circuit board everything was back to normal.

19. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Yeah I managed to fix him - the solder on the battery connection was dry so resoldered it and it works now :)  Well it did last time I checked him out

Major update in less than 10 minutes :) 

20. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Update may 25th

Really should update this more

I would have taken more pics but batteries on my camera were running low, also have not pictured my now complete trypticon and possibly a couple of others - still sorting them - they are still held in storage, bagged up in sealed bags where I can!

The Junker collection now spans three large boxes.. currently they are starring in my webcomic lol

First!

[​IMG]

The only actionmaster I own... need to get his gun - chances of that being very slim :( 

[​IMG]

Minibots update! now have larger numbers, hubcap has been demoted to the junker box ...

[​IMG]

Formidable little force... which can easily fix under fortmax's foot!

[​IMG]

Update on the magnus' Complete plastic and complete rubber wheels versions

[​IMG]

Seeker jet collection has been increased in a big way... still need missiles and guns (and fists for starscream)

[​IMG]

Thrust and ramjet.... both complete - ramjet's legs are a bit iffy though.. only really need a vintage dirge but I have a reissue so thats cool

[​IMG]

Autobot headmaster juniors, all complete!

[​IMG]

Autobot headmasters, highbrow is getting there, just needs a left fist and his guns

[​IMG]

Decepticon headmasters... complete, apeface is a bit yellowed though :( 

[​IMG]

Monstructor... rubber shells are a bit wierd but look nice - one of the last guys I remember coming out new from my childhood - I think they came out when I discovered nintendo lol

[​IMG]

Impressive and colourful looking combiner... though would be cooler if he wasn't the same height as hotrod.. :( 

[​IMG]

These do not need an intro :) 

[​IMG]

Huge compaired to monstructor, and arrived in mint condition - so much so I was concerned he was a reproduction..

[​IMG]

I liked the mould so much I thought I'd get another

[​IMG]

He's missing a few smaller bits, but looks great

[​IMG]

Probably the angle of the pic - and the transformation but looks taller!

[​IMG]

New dinobots, well mostly - Sludge and Slag I replaced - and managed to bag a swoop too :) 

[​IMG]

Just need to get the gun for sludge now - missiles are on route!

[​IMG]

Double dealer, actually won the accessories as a set first, then had to find a body!

[​IMG]

My favourite mode - I did take pics of the robot mode but they came out blurry..

[​IMG]

Getaway One of my fave powermasters, pity I can't seem to find part for him - or reprolabels - but he's a good looking toy and quite white still

[​IMG]

Update on Blaster, now has intact door and gun - how wide is the door meant to open? doesn't seem to open very wide - wide enough to fit a tape in though!

[​IMG]

Autobot Clones, without parts, battery was really running low so was taking quick shots..

[​IMG]

Springer - little bit of wear but the sword isn't floppy.. again camera running out of power, so just the one mode.

[​IMG]

Misfire, had him as a kid - though I loaned him to a friend and he managed to break off the front end and lose the pin... :( 

[​IMG]

Fists are stiff as hell so don't fold them in..

[​IMG]

Megatron update - now has an arm and joined by another more shiny version..

[​IMG]

Kickback, bombshell, shrapnel - decent chrome too

[​IMG]

Oh and they are complete too

[​IMG]

Astrotrain Flywheels and Blitzwing - all complete

[​IMG]

I take it blitzwings' tank part doesn't detach? I see that many turrets on ebay ...

[​IMG]

Just need to find me an octane now :) 

[​IMG]

Update on the Hasbro reissue collection

[​IMG]

Now completed :)  I hope!

[​IMG]

I had one junker megs... now I have 3 half decent.. and an addition to the takara reissues - MIB though - wasn't sure I was going to get this one as customs are a bitch

[​IMG]

A new Prime... looks so much better with a head lol

[​IMG]

Was really looking forward to getting this - but the tape had popped off on the sides, and after playing about with it - was really disappointed in it - so back in the box and taped the side again (with obvious tape - still MIB )

[​IMG]

MIB with stickers applied... but still a pride of my collection - really really cool transparent parts too

[​IMG]

And another, again just MIB with stickers applied... still rocks though!