WST 5th dino question. not free?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, May 29, 2007.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

i thought that the 5th dino with all the missle launcher of the previous dinobots were free. but according to TFsource, it's not? even with the UPC codes? am i reading this correctly?

http://tfsource.com/Reissues/WST%20Mystery%20Figure/WST-mystery-figure.html

if it's only 5 bucks off, i would rather have the boxes intact. but isn't that false advertisement by Justitoys?

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I was always under that impression as well. $5 off is nothing, particularly since this one is actually $10 more expensive than any of the previous ones. Would be interesting to go back and see what the specific wording actually was back when the first three were released.

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I could understand if it's not 100% free, as obviously TFsource has to pay import costs and shipping, but the $5 off is quite laughable considering the $10 price hike on the smallest of all the dinobots. Granted, it comes with missile launchers, which is nice and would justify a higher price, but one would think that the mail-in would at least make it the same price as the regular figures...

Oh well. Being an addict that I am, I'll buy two of him at the higher price anyway :\

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought you had to send the 4 first boxes to get the 5th one for free.

5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Yeah.... I have agree that I feel a bit mislead here....

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I thought Swoop would be free with the UPC codes as well, but it's not surprising it's not. I'm willing to pay for it anyway, I wasn't looking forward to cutting apart my boxes.

7. SideSwipe82

I thought we just send the UPC codes directly to JUSTITOYS and they will send them FREE for us. right?

8. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    Apparently not. Obviously a lot of us thought that was the case, but now they're saying it's not.

9. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

same here. Its not even worth it to cut apart all 5 boxes, take the time to mail the points in...just for 5$ off. Might as well just pay 5$ more.

10. SideSwipe82

but that would be false advertisement. If it was printed free in the first 3 dino boxes, ,shouldn't we get the 5th one free? i don't have a problem paying for the 4th one, but the last one should be free as stated.

11. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

but i already CUT MY BOXES!!! :cry 

12. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Hrmph. Bolded part ... er... bolded for emphasis. So it never actually SAID anywhere it was free. I still feel a bit deceived by this, regardless. $5 off is simply laughable.

13. SideSwipe82

I disagree with QUINJESTER: I know that TFsource has to pay a little Import cost and shipping. If they could give away "SANTA GRIMLOCK" for free by just paying 8 bucks shipping. WHY CAN'T TFsource do it again? and JUSTITOYS should back their words up too. we would definitely pay that 8 bucks shipping and get a FREE 5th dino.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Me either...BUT HE BETTER BE GOOD!! *shakes fist*

15. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Although I haven't, I have to say that I really don't comprehend why so many people resist doing so. Are ALL of these people folks who never throw their packages away? I certainly get that such people are out there, but I always thought that they were the minority. I get the toys for the toys. The boxes are just things that take up extra space (generally speaking). The only reason I HAVE saved these particular boxes is so that I'm sure to have the coupons available. Although for $5, it's hard to image why I should bother....

16. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    Once again, I haven't yet seen anyone post evidence of TFSource, JustiToys, or any others involved explicitly stating that the 5th one would be free. Obviously most of us thought it was going to be, but that's not good enough. It's not false advertisement if they never said it and we all just jumped to conclusions.

17. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Actually, I posted evidence that points to the exact opposite, that it was never stated that they'd be free. I can't get onto the JiT website either to check what was said there, since it seems to be down. I certainly never expected them to be free, but a minimal discount on a heavily marked up item seems ... wrong.

18. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Oh, and granted, I paid $25 each for my G2 Slags, and considering that Swoop will come with (I assume) 5 sets of missile launchers and missiles, it's not like I don't feel I'm getting my money's worth. I love these little guys (as if you couldn't tell by my avatar :p ).

... I just feel the hype and promise that was built up with the whole coupon thing (I originally started collecting the dinos in pairs, simply so I could have an intact box when I finally cut them up. Then I just got them in pairs because I like displaying them in both modes) is a bit misleading considering there's no real advantage given to those who have been supporting JiT from the start of the dinobot project other than essentially free shipping on their final figure (minus cost of postage, of course).

19. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm in the camp that thought this was the case. Guess I was wrong.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Don't mind much. Normally I would'nt care about the boxes but these guys are so tiny the boxes are useful for keeping the small parts together. Plus they look nice.
    5 dinobot art pieces like that make a good display