Brave

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Chaos Muffin, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    :thumb 

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Scared the daylights out of me the first time that thing went off. :eek: 

:lol 

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah me too. Went off at 3 am , was like "aaagghhh gawd, make it stop, make it stop!! "

4. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

Kubrick GGG is quite cool, you can either show him as Gaigar or GGG, he has closed hands for heaven & hell and the goldion hammer.
    Before I had Genesic GGG I used to have the kubrick alongside the DX, very cute :) 

(not best pic in the world)
    [​IMG]

5. Chaos Muffin

Hey that's pretty neat.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Heh, cool. Reminds me of the SD GGG from the Brave Saga and Super Robot Wars Alpha games.

One last bunch before I go to Auto Assembly. The third Eldoran series, and my overall favourite for robot designs, Gosaurer!

If the premise sounds familiar - a fifth grade class are drafted into piloting mecha created by Eldoran to stop an alien empire intent on mechanising the Earth - it's because it's mostly taken from the basic concept behind Raijin-oh. It predates GGG, so the "mechanisation" aspect isn't borrowed from there.
    The monsters for this series are stored in circuit boards or capsules, with a pre-programmed design. When activated, they take on the predefined form assimilating anything nearby. It's the opposite of the Jaku in Raijin-oh, who had no defined form and instead conjured themselves from thin air based on whatever was nearby.

Anyhow, onto the Saurers.

[​IMG]

I love these little guys. They can combine into either a jet or a robot:

[​IMG]

That's the "Saurer Jet", the form that the three take after launching into battle. When arriving at the scene they split into their dinosaur modes before recombining for the finish.

[​IMG]

Gosaurer is a good deal smaller than Raijin-oh and Ganbaruger, but of the three, I think he has the nicest design.

[​IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/Eldoran/GranMagnaSaurer.jpg

Gransaurer (left) and Magnasaurer (right). They're the other two mecha who turn up in the later parts of the series. Both involve a fair amount of part switching to transform into Saurer mode. Gransaurer's weapon is really cool, it's a firey red polearm! The clear plastic makes it have a nice glow to it, and it also has to be one of the more unique weapons for a Brave to wield.

[​IMG]

Gransaurer has a third mode, shown in the pic above. It's called Granjet, and it's main attack was a barrage of missiles from those big cannons.

[​IMG]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Brave/Eldoran/SSaurerJet.jpg

Magnasaurer, like Rivolger in Ganbaruger, forms extra weapons for the team's initial mech. He can attach to both the robot mode and the Saurer Jet mode. After he is added to the lineup, the Super Saurer Jet becomes the main "launch" form of the Saurers. Gransaurer starts out in the Granjet, incidentally.

[​IMG]

All three of them combined form King Gosaurer. Physically the smallest of all the Eldoran robo, he's also smaller than most of the Great Braves. But while he lacks height, he makes up for it by being generally a lot heftier in appearance.

Of note in this series is one of the last arcs. Journeying into the past to stop the fourth of the four generals of the Empire conquering Earth from prehistoric times, King Gosaurer is faced with the ultimate foe - another King Gosaurer! The battle is supposed to last a good couple of episodes, and it's one of the three best "Brave robot VS evil twin" fights ever from what I've gathered - rivaled only by Might Gaine VS Black Gaine and Gaogaigar Final's "Battle in the Storm".

Well, that's it for Eldoran. Gosaurer is my favourite series overall, since the design of the robots is something else compared to the others. King Gosaurers are fairly common on Ebay as of a few months ago, I've not seen them all that recently, but he's still in circulation in Korea. Well worth obtaining if you get a chance and a decent price on him.

7. mr_boogalooba

mr_boogalooba Well-Known Member

GREAT TOY THE GOZAURER !!! It's still one of favorites in my Braves/Eldran collection !!

Ehi Sol Fury but did you have taken shots of the Great Gambaruger ? I hardly want to see some pics of it all combined ;) 

8. mr_boogalooba

mr_boogalooba Well-Known Member

GREAT TOY THE GOZAURER !!! It's still one of favorites in my Braves/Eldran collection !!

Ehi Sol Fury but did you have taken shots of the Great Gambaruger ? I hardly want to see some pics of it all combined ;) 

9. Chaos Muffin

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The thing with the Saurers, they pull off their modes as well as they do by disassembling and rebuilding. Even so they're very well designed.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=675528&postcount=249

Check out that post, I did a photoshoot of the whole lot and their different combos.

11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
  12. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Didn't even know Fan2Fan sold the Brave series...

13. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Not as such but if you ask them nicely they will often help you get stuff like this which has to be ordered online in Japan.

14. Chaos Muffin

Good news, keep your J Decker cash. Or whoever else you missed out on.

Quote from the best damn Brave ebayer ever-

"I'm in the military and have a deployment the last 2 1/2 weeks of June. Needs to spend time with the family before departing. Will start back up in July and see how things go. If there were any Robots that you still needed just let me know."

Gotten all of these from him so far (except Mic Sounders and the loose ones)
    [​IMG]
    and
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/Brave%20Series/Desgyriganfob.jpg

Also took a closeup of 2 of the little blue pvc's for the fun of it.
    [​IMG]

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
  16. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    How dare you guys let this get to the 2nd page?!?!?!

Anyways, CM, could you PM me the robot guy's email? I want to get in touch with him about some stuff...

17. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I dont have a built in email system. Would you happen to have the email address for the fantofan site?

18. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
  19. Chaos Muffin

That's just the mini version of Might Gaine , but that's the better 20$ set.
    The other one is just Might Gaine alone without the Might Gunner.

They just combine mainly. None of the parts turn into any seperate robots. The STD's are'nt bad if you rather not pay for the larger ones, but no where near as fun.

STD Might Gaine & MG ko comparison ( im guessing the ko's are just a wee bit larger than the authentics)
    [​IMG]

Back of STD Might Gaine box
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/Brave%20Series/MightGainemini2.jpg

Pretty sure it's the same fig that's in that 2 pack in your link. could be wrong though.

20. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    whats brave