Pennsylvania Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Maverick Hunter Christian, Jun 28, 2003.

1. doubledumbassonyou

doubledumbassonyou Well-Known Member

I've been all over the place in the last couple of days, I'll highlight the bright spots:

TRU Langhorne: All Spark Deluxes - Jungle Bonecrusher, Overcast, Landmine, Camshaft ... no Cliffjumpers.

Target Langhorne: Bunch of 08BB and not much else, a few Nightwatch Primes and First Strike Op, Offroad Iron Hide.

WalMart Neshaminy: Couple of Incinerators & Evacs, some deluxes.

There was a post a couple pages back about sightings of the new ShadowTek Superman, Flash, etc.... I picked up Supes, Flash, & Martian Manhunter at Walmart Neshaminy. They are out there! Good hunting.

2. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    2/21--7pm---harleysville wal-mart : 4 jungle bonecrushers, 3 outcasts, a number of stockades & landmines, and a d.d.brawl. ------

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Fruitville pike Kmart: Nada.

Fruitville Pike Walmart: Usual stuff. Still no wave 3 Legends packs :(  but they had a truck unloading while I was there. Doesn't mean anything, though.

4. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Lancaster Target, Fruitville Pike Walmart, Lancaster TRU: Same stuff as they've been carrying. I still haven't seen any wave 3 Legends packs.

5. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

This weekend I stopped by the TRU in Robinson (adjacent to IKEA). They had a ton of deluxes but only about 3-4 different figures (mostly Swindle and Dreadwind). Why they'd put out so many of the same figure is beyond me. Unfortunately I still didn't find anything worthy of the "buy 2 get 1 free" sale.

Target at the Waterfront had nothing new. Boring. :( 

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
  7. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh, what are you guys looking for in the Pittsburgh area, exactly? I've seen just about every new Allspark Power release within the last few weeks, I've got all the ones I want. I've even seen Jungle Bonecrusher and Overcast, but I just went to that Wal Mart again saturday and they weren't there anymore.

8. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Guess I might be looking for Stockade, Landmine. Stealth BB when he comes out but that's not for a few months. I admit I don't really go out of my way anymore for toy hunting, so I haven't tried a lot of places.

Mostly want to find things I want at TRU, since I have some gift cards for there.

9. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    At approximately 9:30pm tonight I went to the Walmart on Fruitville Pike in Lancaster, PA. In the toy section, there were skids with 5 boxes of the Transformers Movie Exclusive Deluxes.

Each box contains a display tray with 9 figures: 3 x Jolt, 1 x Grindcore, 3 x Divebombs, and 2 x Big Daddys.

Since the boxes were all at the bottom of the skids, I asked an associate if I could open one box if I intended to buy the whole box (which I did).

This associate was quite possibly the AWESOMEST (as Michael Bay would say) Walmart employee ever. She came over, got the box, opened it, and even asked me if all the figures I needed were there...of course there weren't, cause I needed 2 Grindcores...and she offered to open another box.

I got all of my figures, and then she did the unthinkable. She offered me both display trays. NEVER in the history of Lancaster retail stores have I been offered a display piece! I've asked...but always had to resort to less than honest (but not quite stealing, if you know what I mean) ways of getting display pieces.

Anyway...I know it seems like nothing worth bragging about...but my brother-in-law and I made away with 2 nice display trays, and mine goes well with my "Transformers Movie Deluxe Protoforms" display tray.

When I left there were three boxes left, and I put any duplicates on the pegs. I bought two of each figure...but I would suggest you guys to get out and find Grindcore, as he is one per box.

10. Zoltaire

Zoltaire TFsource Emissary

News Credits:
    Found the 4 new walmart exclusives and the 5 pack of robot heroes tonight at Pittsburgh Mills Wally. Go me!!!! Didn't see another Grindcore, but they had loads of the others.

Next bring on the premiums!!!!

So what does everyone think of the Botcon exclusives this year? Even though I'll be there helping the TFsource booth again, I'm gonna pass on the set. (not like I have a choice now anyway, lol). It's just not working for me. Then again, the last figure and the attendee one could be great. Who knows.

11. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I am totally, completely uninterested in this year's BotCon set.

The Classics last year was not bad. I am not so much a seekers completist.

The BW one from 2006 was great. If I could have any set it'd be that one. Then again BW is my favorite TF series.

2005 was meh. But the convention guys were new and just getting started. I do not hold it against them.

12. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Found the Ratchet Allspark Blaster and the new Transformers Movie Robot Hero 5 pack at the Walmart on Lincoln Highway in Lancaster, PA.

In terms of Botcon, I was very excited to go, but when we started seeing the toys...I have to admit they are less than impressive. The concept on the other hand is awesome. Maybe we'll see some real awesome part of the set soon...

13. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Damn. I'd have bought Grindcore if I knew he was shortpacked. Did get Big Daddy, though.

Fruitville Pike Walmart had the Rachet blasters and the new Robot Hero's 5-packs, too. Still no BB/Scorpy legends :( 

14. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    PGH Target had the same bleh, although they had the newest set of scout repaints, and a couple Evacs.

They had a bunch of Marvel Legends in stock as well.

They also had a TON of the 25th GI Joe's - Shipwreck, Snow Job, Duke, Roadblock, Snake-Eyes, Destro, some Crimson Guards, and a bunch of the various 2-packs. I know ppl around here are looking for some of those, I wish I'd known which though so I coulda grabbed em for them.

Heading to Robinson TRU tomorrow maybe - if anyone has seen the BW Megs/Ops 2-pack at a TRU recently, pm me yeah?

15. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, I *might* have seen the BW Ops/Megs 2-pack at the Century III TRU last time I was there a few weeks ago. Next I go I'll let you know if I see them there.

Oh, if you happen to go to the Robinson Wal-Mart tomorrow as well, could you post if they have the new Allspark exclusives there? I'm going to check to Wal-Mart in Carnegie tomorrow, but if they don't have them there but have them at Robinson, I'd make the trip to get, well, Big Daddy at least.

Thanks.

16. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Will do, and thanks as well.

I saw the BW set last time I was at Robinson, but that was a few months ago so hopefully they still have them.

17. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Schide, if you can't find Big Daddy, I have an extra that I got to help someone out.

Erech, the BW stuff didn't sell well at all over here... Then the movie hit and they flew off the shelves just as fast as the regular stuff. I kinda regret not getting one while they were here, but $40 seemed like too much for repaints/remolds of figures I'm not all that fond of (they're nice, but I'd much rather upgrade the ones I like more)

18. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    ^ Yeah I was of that same opinion, and I have Optimal Optimus (my fave OP of the toys) and a 1st run dino Megs already. But I've been watching BW again lately, and I didn't realize they remolded the heads, and yeah - it's crack.

I'm gonna kick myself for passing them up now though. Either that, or pay scalper prices I guess.

Thanks for the info man.

19. DrBifford

DrBifford Well-Known Member

I found the new Walmart exclusives @ the Franklin Mills Walmart this morning. They had many of each including Grindcore. They also had the new 5 pack movie set.

20. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    hilltown wal-mart (rt 309-bucks/montg border) had the 4 exclusives and the 5-pack robot heros. grindcores were short packed and went fast. didn't get anywhere else due to flu.