Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers The Art of the Fall of Cybertron Book

Posted on 05-19-2012 at 07:05 PM by Sol Fury under Video Games
555285_10150983331960097_125446750096_12389616_1497993062_n
A listing has popped up on Amazon UK for an artbook for Transformers Fall of Cybertron. Fans have been clamoring for more Transformers artbooks for a long time now - it looks like with this Fall of Cybertron book and the upcoming book of Generation 1 box art, IDW Publishing is set to meet this demand head on!

The Amazon listing gives a price of 29.99 and a release date of 2 October 2012. There are some reports this might be a UK only item but this is unconfirmed at this time.
Views: 8,609 / Credit: Mechafire of the 2005 Boards!
HeroicC300
Hell yes
Sideswipe80
YESSSSSSS. Ordering now.
Sinnertwin
YES YES YES YES FINALLY YESSSSSS


Preordered like the Fist of the North Star
Sideswipe80
Ah crud it's UK Amazon.
MaxxieOD
About damn time!

Oh wait...UK? Damnit!
Sideswipe80
It's only on UK Amazon though boo!
ken8kuhletz08
Sorry for being a newbie on this but what is the main content of the book? Will it be all pictures?
MaxxieOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken8kuhletz08 View Post
Sorry for being a newbie on this but what is the main content of the book? Will it be all pictures?
Art book...shows concept art and whatnot. They're always cool to have.
Sideswipe80
Hopefully this gets released in the States.
ken8kuhletz08
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxieOD View Post
Art book...shows concept art and whatnot. They're always cool to have.
Thanks. Well this would have been a great buy. Oh, and RB "The Other Doctor" is up on Kary's sticky thread.
shroobmaster
I hope it has concept art of the DS games because god knows I can't tell what the fuck some of the designs are supposed to look like with the tiny graphics.
Onslaught24
DAMMIT! it's the UK version! maybe Gamestop will give us a collector's edition with this in it.
Sideswipe80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
DAMMIT! it's the UK version! maybe Gamestop will give us a collector's edition with this in it.
That's what I'm hoping for.
Dinobot747
Oh, heck yes.

However, I may put off pre-ordering until we get a few more details about it. And until it is available in the US.
transformerwars
This book will be mine!
Transformed
29GBP?! Damn that's expensive.

I hope this shows up in a collectors edition as well.
NEST SOLDIER
Nice.
Mewtwo
I believe it was stated at some point this was only going to be for the UK. That we aren't getting it here with an collectors edition or whatever. I hope that isn't the case. This would be really nice to have. But I feel like maybe they are only printing it for the UK. Kinda like the Assassins Creed art book thingy...
DJW107PRIME
Can't wait for this game
kaijuguy19
Looks sweet! I may consider getting it!

I also hope they come up with a art book for Prime later on too!
Sideswipe80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijuguy19 View Post
Looks sweet! I may consider getting it!

I also hope they come up with a art book for Prime later on too!
I'd buy that book.
KayeMinor
what happened to the movie art book?
adambman
So far my little library of Transformers publications is LSOTW softcover, Vault and three of the more recent Japanese Generations guidebooks, so this is good news for helping expand that aspect of my collection. Plus I'm almost universally interested in concept art/design/making of segments. And being in Australia, I'm used to importing for either better than retail prices or exclusive/rare items, so the UK factor doesn't bother me per se. However apart from a couple of guest searches, I haven't used Amazon properly before.
moreprimeland
If this becomes available for the USA, I'll order it!!
lildevilchick
I can't see this being only a UK release. The game is going to be released worldwide, it wouldn't make sense to limit the art book to the UK only.

Aside from that, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT.
Josh
so want
Prime Jetscream
Don't get the big deal about an art book.
TylerMirage
M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload - YouTube

Darn it. UK. Hopefully it'll be released in the States (*cough*orCanada*cough*) soon.

I may not play the WFC/FOC games, but as an artist, film fan and Transformers fan, these sorts of books fascinate me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayeMinor View Post
what happened to the movie art book?
Been "put on the backburner" indefinitely. No news about it recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Jetscream View Post
Don't get the big deal about an art book.
With film art books in general or just this FOC book? They're quite popular for media that has a lot of pre-production effort put into it. Dozens and dozens of pages of varying concepts for characters, environment, scenes, etc., many of which don't see the light of day. They've made them for the Green Lantern film, most of the recent Marvel Cinematic Universe, Avatar, King Kong, and many more. Quite popular amongst a certain demographic.
Cadbane
Yes Yes Yes, I had been so disappointed that nobody asked the High Moon guys about a book like this in their Botcon's panel.
scubaboy31
Hmmmm claims to be published by IDW so should get a US release.

I was hoping it would be published by Abrahms. Then I'd get it for free (like I did with the Vault - pre publication too!)

I'll probably get it through work. Get 40% off!
Mewtwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevilchick View Post
I can't see this being only a UK release. The game is going to be released worldwide, it wouldn't make sense to limit the art book to the UK only.

Aside from that, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT.
Tell that to the Collectors Edition Assassins Creed game that ONLY had that limited edition in the UK. With the bible art book or whatever you want to call it. It seems there might be more of a market for that there in the UK then over here in North America. Which doesn't surprise me. I always see people in the game forums complaining how expensive those editions are and how the stuff is junk... It really is sad.
lildevilchick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
Tell that to the Collectors Edition Assassins Creed game that ONLY had that limited edition in the UK. With the bible art book or whatever you want to call it. It seems there might be more of a market for that there in the UK then over here in North America. Which doesn't surprise me. I always see people in the game forums complaining how expensive those editions are and how the stuff is junk... It really is sad.
That's unusual. But the main reason I think we'll see it is because the publisher is supposed to be IDW. I can't see them not making it available in the U.S., at least in small quantities.
Mewtwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevilchick View Post
That's unusual. But the main reason I think we'll see it is because the publisher is supposed to be IDW. I can't see them not making it available in the U.S., at least in small quantities.
I really hope so. I like getting art book with my games. I would pre-order this at Gamestop if it was announced we were getting that. So I hope we do get it.
Bumblebee765
Hmm... I may have to get that if it's released in the States... After I get the LEGO Harry Potter Character book though; that's next on my book list.
Noideaforaname
Oh, something else that won't be sold in the US... *shot*


Eh, I'd much prefer a Movieverse or Prime art book. WfC/FoC's got a cool style and all, but since the major characters are essentially their G1 counterparts there's going to be very little character design exploration (assuming of course they didn't try anything, but I highly doubt they did), which is half the fun with these art books.
Driskull98
Will buy if its released in the US.
OptimusTimelord
Quote:
it looks like with this Fall of Cybertron book and the upcoming book of Generation 1 box art, IDW Publishing is set to meet this demand head on!
Wait, never mind FOC, why haven't I heard about this G1 box art book before?! That's awesome news, I've been wanting something like that for, oh, about 27 years!!
autobotlongarm
Prime Jetscream
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
With film art books in general or just this FOC book? They're quite popular for media that has a lot of pre-production effort put into it. Dozens and dozens of pages of varying concepts for characters, environment, scenes, etc., many of which don't see the light of day. They've made them for the Green Lantern film, most of the recent Marvel Cinematic Universe, Avatar, King Kong, and many more. Quite popular amongst a certain demographic.
Film arts in general... I'm not that interested in old art, especially when I could be building a robot instead by the time it's released!
TylerMirage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Jetscream View Post
Film arts in general... I'm not that interested in old art, especially when I could be building a robot instead by the time it's released!
Well, each to their own. As I said, these books sell like hotcakes amongst some film fans. For example, I get my hands on whatever movie art book I can find, because that s**t fascinates me.
Batman
Sweet! pre ordered from Amazon.ca
Diggeh
Pardon the bump, but look what's available to preorder on Amazon.com!

With an October 2 release date to boot!

MaxxieOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggeh View Post
Pardon the bump, but look what's available to preorder on Amazon.com!

With an October 2 release date to boot!

OMG YES! *spazzes*
Mechafire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggeh View Post
Pardon the bump, but look what's available to preorder on Amazon.com!

With an October 2 release date to boot!

Aaand preordered!
Transformed
200 pages?! NICE!!!

Continue: Transformers The Art of the Fall of Cybertron Book Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
TFSource.com