Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Prime Season 3 - Work begins in early 2012?

Posted on 12-16-2011 at 06:35 PM by Sol Fury under Transformers Prime
Prime-Autobot-Group
Initial work on Transformers Prime's third season is set to begin in 2012, according to a Twitter post by series storyboard writer Bryan Baugh:

Well, today is my last day at Hasbro Studios... for a few weeks, anyhow. We got a stretch of down-time before work begins on TFP Season 3...

This might not come as a huge surprise as Hasbro's intentions for Transformers Prime are that it becomes a new and ongoing universe. That being said, plans can change.

Please also bear in mind we've not heard that Season 3 has been officially greenlit yet - but the fact some work is being planned for early 2012 certainly suggests that announcement is not far away.
Views: 16,346 / Credit: Sprocket of the 2005 Boards!
WTDylio
Link?
tfprime32
I thought i heard the 3rd season online somewere ! But not more! Not a 4th or 5th season of tfp! But the season 3 is planning! I saw it on this site but i dont know the video! I know for the fact that is true! Or was it at botcon2011 or nycc or sdcc2011! One of those vids! It says in the videos that there thinking of season3 right now!!!
Secretcode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
So one of Prime's production crew has said that tomorrow starts the holiday down-time period before they get started on season 3 of Prime.

I figure someone would have reported this eventually, but I'd like to ask the staff not to front-page it, partially because it's from a twitter account viewable only by his followers, but mostly because really, how would this be surprising to anyone? Now confirmation of a *fifth* season, that'd be a slight shocker, but a third? Come now.
Regardless, it's pretty bad form to outright claim something, not give any sort of actual source, and then tell us not to front page it. What's the point in even making the thread if you aren't going to provide any sort of validity to your claims?

As it stands currently, don't be surprised if this thread gets locked.
janeDoe001
Well that is just Awesome! Now all we need to do is watch season 2 and we're caught up

Edit: Seriously, we don't know when exactly Season 2 is gonna air and they've been renewed for a third season?


jD001
Secretcode
We DO know Season 2 is coming in Early 2012. We just don't have an exact date.
Oberoniss
Sweet.
janeDoe001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretcode View Post
We DO know Season 2 is coming in Early 2012. We just don't have an exact date.
That's what I meant.


jD001
WTDylio
Ah neat
VAwitch
Thought a Hasbro Q&A last month said that Season 2 wouldn't starting til late Jan/early Feb, rather than Nov 2011, I do believe. Sadly am at work, so can't scan the earleir threads.
kaijuguy19
This is great news! I'm glad it has a third season up ahead! It's a good sign so far and no mistake!
Rexidus
So it seems at minimum we're getting an equal season count as Animated, G1 and Beast Wars. I can live with that. I would love to have 6 or more seasons (assuming they stay as quality as we have now) but if it dies after 3 then I'll be happy with what we got.
daitarn red
i wait see head masters , targetmasters , power masters in tfp s3
mx-01 archon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoku View Post
So it seems at minimum we're getting an equal season count as Animated, G1 and Beast Wars. I can live with that. I would love to have 6 or more seasons (assuming they stay as quality as we have now) but if it dies after 3 then I'll be happy with what we got.
Although note that Animated was three 13-episode seasons (plus the 3-episode pilot, for 42 eps total), and Beast Wars was, IIRC, 13-26-13, so Prime matches or eclipses them in episode count with two seasons alone.
janeDoe001
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx-01 archon View Post
Although note that Animated was three 13-episode seasons, and Beast Wars was, IIRC, 13-26-13, so Prime matches or eclipses them in episode count with two seasons alone.
Actually Beast Wars was 26-13-13. Sorry.


jD001
mx-01 archon
Why apologize?
TRANS+CRAZY
They're already planning for season 3? Awesome!
Transbot90210
If and when Prime hits season 4 it will be the longest running TF series in TF history.

I approve.
AquamanOS
Season 2 is likely almost done with production.

In behind the scenes footage, aired a month or so before the first episode aired on the Hub, Frank Welker was shown recording dialogue from the finale of the season. Which means they were working on the finale nearly a year before it aired. With that kind of timetable and assuming they didn't take any extended hiatus's in production, season 2 is probably almost done.
Sprocket
One more season and it'll eclipse G1's episode count. 3 more seasons to go if they want to outdo the cumulative total of Unicron Trilogy episodes though. I think they'll do it.
Incepticon
Good news - could make for a very interesting Season 2 given that they already know where it'll be going as opposed to writing it on the fly as a lot of series can tend to do. Pre-planned ongoing story arcs: love 'em
transformerwars
Nice to here we're getting a season three before we even see season two
Wheeljack_Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquamanOS View Post
Season 2 is likely almost done with production.

In behind the scenes footage, aired a month or so before the first episode aired on the Hub, Frank Welker was shown recording dialogue from the finale of the season. Which means they were working on the finale nearly a year before it aired. With that kind of timetable and assuming they didn't take any extended hiatus's in production, season 2 is probably almost done.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that, I'd say they're finished with the scripting/storyboarding/recording bits. I imagine they'll complete the animation a few weeks before the finale is aired.
SouthtownKid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
One more season and it'll eclipse G1's episode count. 3 more seasons to go if they want to outdo the cumulative total of Unicron Trilogy episodes though. I think they'll do it.
It would be nice.

I'm not expecting anything past a third season, because that seems to be about the lifespan these shows usually have before the core target audience grows out of them and moves onto something else. But I'd love for Prime to continue on forever... It's a well-written show and I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts.
TFW10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
So head storyboard artist Bryan Baugh has said that tomorrow starts the holiday down-time period before they get started on season 3 of Prime.

https://twitter.com/BryanBaugh



I figure someone would have reported this eventually, but I'd like to ask the staff not to front-page it, because really, how would this be surprising to anyone? Now confirmation of a *fifth* season, that'd be a slight shocker, but a third? Come now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Well, his twitter's no longer private any more apparently, so here it is. My bad, folks.

https://twitter.com/BryanBaugh
Regardless, its still good news with or without the link.

Thanks for the update.
TFW10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
It would be nice.

I'm not expecting anything past a third season, because that seems to be about the lifespan these shows usually have before the core target audience grows out of them and moves onto something else. But I'd love for Prime to continue on forever... It's a well-written show and I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts.
I totally agree with you about not exceeding season 3 but I hope your wrong.

A lot of people like Prime.
Kostya
I'd like to point out that even if Prime finishes up they said they might consider more series set in the same universe. We could wind up with a Unicron Trilogy type thing. It would be better quality obviously.
Rexidus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
If and when Prime hits season 4 it will be the longest running TF series in TF history.

I approve.
Only if you don't count Beast Machines as part of Beast Wars, right? Because that is something I approve of.
Kostya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoku View Post
Only if you don't count Beast Machines as part of Beast Wars, right? Because that is something I approve of.
If you did that then you might as well count the Unicron Trilogy as one show which means Beast Wars doesn't even matter.

Personally I don't think we should so in my mind BW had 56 episodes and BM had 26.
SouthtownKid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostya View Post
If you did that then you might as well count the Unicron Trilogy as one show
...unless you don't count Galaxy Force/Cybertron as being a continuation of Superling/Energon.
Steevy Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
It would be nice.

I'm not expecting anything past a third season, because that seems to be about the lifespan these shows usually have before the core target audience grows out of them and moves onto something else. But I'd love for Prime to continue on forever... It's a well-written show and I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts.
Hasbro has indicated that the INTENTION is to run with Prime for quite a while, I think the show runners have said in the past they actually have a general idea of the storyline up through season 5.

It is also worth noting that had Hasbro not decided to make their own network, Transformers Animated was all but assured a fourth if not fifth season as well.

In my observation, 5 years is the magic number as far as the concept lifespan:
The Beast Era ran for about 5 years (1996-2001)
The Unicron Trilogy existed for about 5 years (2002-2007)
The movie series is going on its fifth? year (2007-2011/2012?)

Considering season 3 is going into production, I think it is entirely possible we'll at least get to season 5 before any major concept changes (Prime started in 2010, and will likely run into 2015 at least). But also remember than Hasbro is pushing for 26 episode seasons, which even with just 3 seasons, gives us a whopping 78 episodes, making it the single largest consecutive Transformer series since G1.
Kostya
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
...unless you don't count Galaxy Force/Cybertron as being a continuation of Superling/Energon.
Armada would still be on top with over 100 episodes made. Personally I count them as one continuity family since I follow the English versions of the various shows.
UltraAlanMagnus
I think 3 Seasons Would Be Cool for modern Cartoons, Like Batman The Brave and the Bold. The Show's Producers said that they are planning to have 65 episodes.
soundwaverulls
Looking good so far.
AnithaPrime
Awesome! :3
FanimusMaximus
Seems kinda early don't you think?
tfprime32
yeah! i cant waint for this NEW UNIVESE ! will this be like the unicron trilogy????? or something likethat! were we see some of unicron and other big characters? SEASON THERE CANT WAINT OR SESON 2 FOR THAT MATTER SPEAKING OF SEASON WHEN IS SEASON 3 GOING TO AIR??????????????
kaijuguy19
If we get a release date for season 2 of Transformers Prime tomarrow when the Rescue bots premere that'l make us happy!
Oberoniss
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfprime32 View Post
yeah! i cant waint for this NEW UNIVESE ! will this be like the unicron trilogy????? or something likethat! were we see some of unicron and other big characters? SEASON THERE CANT WAINT OR SESON 2 FOR THAT MATTER SPEAKING OF SEASON WHEN IS SEASON 3 GOING TO AIR??????????????
Calm your tits, man. We have no idea when season 2 is going to air, so it's waaaay too early to ask when season 3 is going up.
moreprimeland
Glad to hear that they get some breaks between seasons!
Sure we know they talked about 3 seasons but it is nice to have some confirmation that work will begin and soon.

Just wish someone over there would tweet a Season 2 premier date....soon!
Oberoniss
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreprimeland View Post
Glad to hear that they get some breaks between seasons!
Sure we know they talked about 3 seasons but it is nice to have some confirmation that work will begin and soon.

Just wish someone over there would tweet a Season 2 premier date....soon!
This so hard. I don't physically need to know whether it's in January or February, but it feels like I do.
Sprocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Baugh
Oh brother. Sometimes I forget that people other than family members & out-of-state friends might notice updates I write on Twitter.
See guys, this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about. All I wanted was to pass on the info, not make a thing out of it. Let's respect their personal space: they can't all be Derrick Wyatt.

(Last time I try to ease cancellation worries. I didn't even want the damn news credit!)
tigerhawk16
hey guys is there any news on confirmed characters for the show??
Chromia217
Now that's the kind of news I like to read about!
jackgaughan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfprime32 View Post
yeah! i cant waint for this NEW UNIVESE ! will this be like the unicron trilogy????? or something likethat! were we see some of unicron and other big characters? SEASON THERE CANT WAINT OR SESON 2 FOR THAT MATTER SPEAKING OF SEASON WHEN IS SEASON 3 GOING TO AIR??????????????
Unicron is already in the series as a big empty corpse. Also what is a "Univese" anyway?
kaijuguy19
Well it's really nice that it's getting a third season but will people care enough for it since the show has more problems than Animated ever did? I mean it has more complaints than praise fro what I've heard or know rather.

Continue: Transformers Prime Season 3 - Work begins in early 2012? Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Hobby Link Japan