Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Prime Arms Micron Capsule Toys Getting Blind Packed UK Release?

Posted on 10-23-2012 at 02:30 PM by Sol Fury under Transformers Prime
Transformers-Prime-Arms-Micron-International-Release
Here is an oddity for you - the cool Transformers Prime Arms Micron Capsule Toys series just might be seeing them light of day outside of Japan. A recent catalog update (PDF link) for UK retailer Esdevium Games - distributor of hobby products including board games, collectible card games and other goodies - included on its final page under toys and collectibles a listing for "Transformers Figure Packet", showing a picture of the Arms Micron capsule toy Optimus Prime and a previously unseen blindbag packaging featuring the Transformers Prime logo and pictures of the six toys in the first assortment of Transformers Prime Capsule Toys.

This would seem to indicate that at the very least the UK might be getting the first series of Arms Micron Capsule Toys at retail, marking the first release of these toys outside of Japan. However, Hasbro UK has stated they have no plans to release these items, creating some confusion. Although if you read into the product codes, you can see the first three letters on the page correspond to the manufacturer (TOP = Topps, for example). These are listed as TOM - possible shorthand for Tomy? Stranger things have happened - ultimately until we have a confirmed purchase at retail in the UK or elsewhere, this is only a possible release, but it seems likely given the popularity of blind-packed impulse buy items at the checkouts in UK supermarkets.
Views: 5,143 / Credit: WayS'L', Oracle_Aesir of the 2005 Boards!
General Tekno
Interesting. Blindbagged minicons.

This makes some measure of sense. Blindbagged anything has gotten popular.

I'm curious though how these are being distributed, given the product code starts with TOM (which I assume stands for Tomy)
Starfire22
This needs a US release.
doomboy536
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayS'L' View Post
Is this news? Sorry if it isn't, but it looks like the Japanese capsule microns are coming to the UK at least;
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/2307/10751925.jpg

Source :
http://www.esdeviumgames.com/wp-cont...tober-2012.pdf
Hells yeah.
Oracle_Aesir
EEEE!!!!

Bet this wont be mentioned on the front page here though...
Dinobot Nuva
Wonder if they're preassembled?
Oracle_Aesir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinobot Nuva View Post
Wonder if they're preassembled?
The Japanese releases are preassembled, so why not?

I actually wonder if these will give the figures western names, or just keep the japanese ones
baggzey23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle_Aesir View Post
EEEE!!!!

Bet this wont be mentioned on the front page here though...
Because anything from the uk isnt news worthy
Oracle_Aesir
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggzey23 View Post
Because anything from the uk isnt news worthy
pretty much! lol
jackgaughan
This pleases me.
Oracle_Aesir
Bad news, I just asked Hasbro UK, and they said they aren't actually selling these here, so either this is a fake, or another company is selling them instead (which would be weird)
doomboy536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle_Aesir View Post
Bad news, I just asked Hasbro UK, and they said they aren't actually selling these here, so either this is a fake, or another company is selling them instead (which would be weird)
TRU UK has imported things from Hasbro US rather than Hasbro UK before. Stranger things have happened.
Sol Fury
I don't think it's fake. The listing is with an established company, and also the packaging image is consistent with other minifigure impulse buy items. It's possible that it's being handled by a different part of Hasbro UK than the usual toy team - or even that Tomy is distributing these under license given the product reference has "TOM" at the beginning instead of "HAS" - because if you look at other items on that page, you have Match Atax Championship produced by Topps referred to as "TOP" and Monopoly amongst others referenced with "WIN", short for Winning Moves UK, a company licensed by Hasbro to produce Monopoly and others in the UK.


In other words, probably genuine and quite possibly coming through Tomy instead of Hasbro UK for whatever reason.
Ravenxl7
Cool idea for releasing these things elsewhere. I wonder if they'll come pre-assembled. I actually like the idea of getting them on a spru and then putting them together myself. It's why they've been pretty tempting to get.

Hopefully if they sell well, it'll get them to find a way to release them here in the US too. If I could buy them locally, even blind-bagged, I would definitely get a handful of them or more.
TedimusPrime
come to the us.
Sol Fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Cool idea for releasing these things elsewhere. I wonder if they'll come pre-assembled. I actually like the idea of getting them on a spru and then putting them together myself. It's why they've been pretty tempting to get.

Hopefully if they sell well, it'll get them to find a way to release them here in the US too. If I could buy them locally, even blind-bagged, I would definitely get a handful of them or more.
The capsule Arms Microns all come pre-assembled, or at least, the first two waves do. I got Wave 1 in sealed capsules and they were ready-made. My Wave 2 came without the capsules but again they were pre-assembled.
JukeOutlander
U.S. release pls.
Sharktibolt
I hope we get these in the US, cause as much as I love the Rhinohammer I don't know if I'll get anymore otherwise.
mrgalvaprime
FUCK YES!!!!
Please get a widespread release
mtmte586
TRU brought in GDO which was marketed by Hasbro Asia and also bought up anything that was discounted and heading to the discount stores. I could see TRU jumping on these too.
Shark Jumper
I'm guessing we'll get the gacha arms microns at least. Still pretty good.
minimaster


too stumped for words....
JAYSCREAM
TFW!!!!!!!! shoping trips with the wife just got interesting........... if they get picked up by a major store. wouldnt shock me to see em pegged up in tescos petrol station like the minicons were a while back.
Rotorstorm
I hope for the kit form microns more to be honest but this is pretty cool, especially if the bulkhead knuckle comes over here.
Autovolt 127
Come on Canadian release.
soundwaverulls
Come on Hasbro Australia. Apparently you often release Takara exclusives. Don't start getting beaten by the UK.

In the words of Armada Megatron, I want the minicons. Well, Arm Microns.
Ravage101
I don't get it! Why not release all of these arms micron toys in wide release? Why only the Asian market? Makes no logical sense in business. The USA markets gets the boring versions of these toys. And hell the cartoon is an American made show!!!!!

It is so stupid to read about a "confusing rumor...that hasbro denys" on something that should be widely released.

Can someone explain the logic here? Seriously I really want to understand the mind set of the crazy decisions hasbro is making. Thanks!
Grimlock64
Oh man, either make these available in the US, or at least have the UK ones be a cheap purchase! Hey, who knows? If this works out, maybe Hasbro will also take the ones that come from the larger Arms Micron figures (like Optimus and Megatron) and have those released as blind bags too!
RedAlert Rescue
It has happened before there was a time I saw UK TOMY and American Hasbro Zoids on the shelves at the same time in the UK
Hosta
i bet Hasbro doesn't even bother to read this thread!
CodeXCDM
I know some folks here would definitely be interested in a stateside release... question is... would it sell well? Maybe they can test the waters by doing an US online-store only thing if that. Considering how kids readily lose accessories to a toy... I'd say they wouldn't care too much for these Microns.
Timothy.R
no thanks.

i haven't liked a single one of these things. the robot modes aren't that great, there's really nothing to do with them.. especially the ones that look like prime or bulkhead..etc. and i'd rather have a weapon that actually looks like that characters weapon rather than a mini transformer that needs to take liberties because it has to transform.

i wouldn't mind getting a couple if they combined real well.. but they don't, the combinations just look like something that a fan figured out by accident.

i'm surprised hasbro hasn't released these here.. i mean, they look ridiculously cheep, no paint, not even assembled.. i bet they'd cost around $5, but they'd cost hasbro nearly nothing to produce.
Superquad7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire22 View Post
This needs a US release.
Agreed, as do quite a few other things.
[Wing_Saber-X]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superquad7 View Post
Agreed, as do quite a few other things.
^^yes, but how would the casual collector react to the need to fix-up these AM's themselves? TBH and IMHO, even as a 'seasoned' GUNPLA bulider, I am having bruised knuckles and twisted fingers myself! They are NOT, I repeat not for the casual non-hobby fixing people.
Voidsign
Esdevium Games are a UK based distribution company that mainley deal with Comic book and miniature based products. They do import and repackage a lot of items so there is a very good chance that these are getting a release.

The only real high street store that they supply to is Waterstones, thats where they get all the Fantasy Flight games from. Also Forbidden Planet and Close Encounters, though they aint as common.

Another company that has an account with them is Voidsign Collectables, though they have not used them in a while. But I reckon I might start again ^.^

I'll give Esdevium a call later and see if I can get some confirmation for you all.

-Voidsign-
Superquad7
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Wing_Saber-X] View Post
^^yes, but how would the casual collector react to the need to fix-up these AM's themselves? TBH and IMHO, even as a 'seasoned' GUNPLA bulider, I am having bruised knuckles and twisted fingers myself! They are NOT, I repeat not for the casual non-hobby fixing people.
We gotta start somewhere!
HugeBadWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidsign View Post
Esdevium Games are a UK based distribution company that mainley deal with Comic book and miniature based products. They do import and repackage a lot of items so there is a very good chance that these are getting a release.

The only real high street store that they supply to is Waterstones, thats where they get all the Fantasy Flight games from. Also Forbidden Planet and Close Encounters, though they aint as common.

Another company that has an account with them is Voidsign Collectables, though they have not used them in a while. But I reckon I might start again ^.^

I'll give Esdevium a call later and see if I can get some confirmation for you all.

-Voidsign-
Mr R?
How you been mate?
Still in MK?

Cheers,
Doug
[Wing_Saber-X]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superquad7 View Post
We gotta start somewhere!
I suppose.
Sometimes I swear fixing those little AM's can be a real pain, but in the end, it's all worth the minor injuries sustained!
Voidsign
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeBadWolf View Post
Mr R?
How you been mate?
Still in MK?

Cheers,
Doug
Yeah still in sunny MK.
All diff now though, moved, have a family etc.
How have you and yours been ?
Probably best to take this to PM ^.^
Bass X0
They'll be available to buy from this week.

https://www.facebook.com/EsdeviumGam...t=feed_comment
RobotoChan
My local supermarket usually gets blind packed Transformers stuff so hopefully they will get these as well.
zebramatt
It's funny how many people confuse the Capsule Microns for the Arms Microns!
lars573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage101 View Post
I don't get it! Why not release all of these arms micron toys in wide release? Why only the Asian market? Makes no logical sense in business. The USA markets gets the boring versions of these toys. And hell the cartoon is an American made show!!!!!

It is so stupid to read about a "confusing rumor...that hasbro denys" on something that should be widely released.

Can someone explain the logic here? Seriously I really want to understand the mind set of the crazy decisions hasbro is making. Thanks!
Because Arms Micron was tailored specifically for the Japanese Market by Takara-Tomy (Hasbro has litterally nothing to do with it), as attempt to claw back some market share among the kids market. Model kits are very popular in Japan. Not so in Hasbro's markets. Also these are the capsule AM's. You know the pre-assembled and painted ones. That can, and have been, easily put in blind bags and released in the west.
Gingerchris
I'd raise some excitement if I thought I'd ever actually see any out in the wild.
omega_prime
they could very well be a takara/tomy product as when dotm came out we had some phone dongle things over here and they had the tak/tom logo on so fingers crossed
yetiboy68
We had blindbagged minicons here in the UK a couple of years ago as well but the plastic quality was terrible, they felt like a knockoff .
[Wing_Saber-X]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramatt View Post
It's funny how many people confuse the Capsule Microns for the Arms Microns!
but aren't they essentially the SAME thing? just packed into capsules?
payres
The Capsule Microns are a sub set of the Arms Microns: Arms Micron - Transformers Wiki
RedAlert Rescue
The only Two Candy Minicons I noticed had problems was a slight mould flaw on the helicopter and every single tank I bought being broken. and they did assemble the A-10 mould upsidedown.

The Dragon and Monster Truck moulds were great. It was a shame they didn't do some more - the company that made them seems to be a front company of some kind and never answers their mail or e-mail and has not made anything new for months so no luck from them.

Incidentally these are the same capsule microns also repacked for asian super markets in cardboard boxes not long ago - I hope they keep it up and produce the later wave too.

Oh and other than being preassembled they are the same thing as a Arms Micron you could argue that Optimus/Megatron/Bumblebee/Bulkhead/Arcee etc are more like classic Minicons - but the other ones like the Geko/Snake/Turtle etc are Arms Microns in the modern sense they are just preassembled and lack a sticker sheet. they even have the same complete lack of paint. so if you look at it that way is there any real reason that some of the other couldn't get similar treatment perhaps if they added a little paint or included stickers with them.

But it seems the Geko/Cobra are just like the Japanese capsule ones... as far as I know the supermarket toy version are only the prepainted kind. so we are already getting more than those in terms of characters....

Shame they didn't make them in new colours though.
TFtoycollector
I've emailed my local games shop about these. They get their stock from Esdevium Games, so hopefully they will stock them.

Continue: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Capsule Toys Getting Blind Packed UK Release? Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey