In an interview with Geek Cast Radio
, Steven Melching, writer of several episodes of Transformers Prime and Beast Machines, shed some light on some upcoming plot points and addressed a few fan complaints about Transformers Prime - namely the widely-noted fact that status quo has been omnipresent thus far.
Other points he raised include:
Check out the whole interview on Geek Cast Radio here.
- We've not seen the last of SynthEn (introduced, and last seen, in the season 1 episode Stronger, Faster)
- Steven Melching wrote the season 2 finale, Darkest Hour, and will be writing five episodes of season 3. Marsha Griffin (Prime series story editor, writer of Legacy, Predatory and Transformers Animated Endgame Part 2 amongst others) will also be writing five episodes for season 3.
- Season 2 "will not end well" for the Autobots. Apparently the big question going into season 3 will be how they get out of the situation they find themselves in.
- Season 3 will have a complete new setting, and no status quo.
- Steven Melching would be okay with season 3 being the end of the series, because going into the series they knew how they wanted the series to end, and apparently that is how season 3 will end.