Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Meet Mito Prime

Posted on 04-06-2012 at 02:32 PM by Sol Fury under Transformers Prime
Mito-Prime
Yet another one of the Japanese friendly neighborhood Primes has been revealed. Mito Prime is the name of this one, based on Generation 1 Hound (by way of his Legends toy). He is the mascot of the Mito region, with a Transformers version of the Tokugawa triple-hollyhock crest as a reference to the history of the area.
Views: 4,653 / Credit: Gaokaiser, BraveMax of the 2005 Boards!
ZacWilliam
It's "Legends Hound with a mustashe impersonating Swindle Prime!"

I think the really interesting thing here is that all of these have been very clearly based on Legends toys.


-ZacWilliam, that certainly opens the door for an easy and cheep repaint set.
BraveMax
What he's holding looks almost like a TF version of the Tokugawa triple-hollyhock crest? Kind of makes sense, considering Mito was directly controlled by the Tokugawa for a while...

Oh - and he's probably purple for plum blossoms and gold for the Tokugawa crest?
MrSoundmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMax View Post
What he's holding looks almost like a TF version of the Tokugawa triple-hollyhock crest? Kind of makes sense, considering Mito was directly controlled by the Tokugawa for a while...

Oh - and he's probably purple for plum blossoms and gold for the Tokugawa crest?
the color placement almost makes him look like impactor if you think about it.
HeroicBlitzwing
I was going to say he looks like he has more Blitzwing colours...not that I'm biased lol
Feralstorm
If Swindle and Animated Motormasrter could have a baby...
MrSoundmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralstorm View Post
If Swindle and Animated Motormasrter could have a baby...
And looked up detritus as a Role Model.
MechanovaKing
I don't get it...why?

So Mito is a reign or some sort of area? Why a transformers as a mascot?
SouthtownKid
Give me a Yokkaichi Prime and I will be ecstatic. Then maybe a Takasago Prime and a Matsudo Prime. Nagoya was so close, but I want Yokkaichi!
mx-01 archon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanovaKing View Post
I don't get it...why?

So Mito is a reign or some sort of area? Why a transformers as a mascot?
This is part of TakaraTomy's Prime marketing campaign. A number of districts in Japan get their own unique mascot/guardian Prime character.
HnH
what do all the others look like then????
This the first i've seen so far
Railguard
this is kinda silly... so Hasbro or Takara-whatever-can't come up with original tfs so they still do recolors of previous tfs...what a surprise...third party companies probably should have done the different primes..
legotron123
im confused. are these toys or something??
GENOZAUR
mito as in mightogaine?

never know could be worht a shot lol
ZacWilliam
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanovaKing View Post
I don't get it...why?

So Mito is a reign or some sort of area? Why a transformers as a mascot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HnH View Post
what do all the others look like then????
This the first i've seen so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by legotron123 View Post
im confused. are these toys or something??
Across Japan certain stores have special Kiosks to promote the new Micron Arms line. Along with the history of the line the Kiosks also each feature a picture andname of a new-character based on an existing Legends style toy that has been designed and themed based on that location in Japan.

Its just a fun little promotional gimick.

Thread for the first ones:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ear-japan.html


-ZacWilliam, there's been speculation that there might be some sort of toy version of them eventually since they all seem to be purposly based on existing Legends figures but that's only speculation...
SouthtownKid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENOZAUR View Post
mito as in mightogaine?
"Mee - tow", not "My - tow".
Bass X0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railguard View Post
this is kinda silly... so Hasbro or Takara-whatever-can't come up with original tfs so they still do recolors of previous tfs...what a surprise...third party companies probably should have done the different primes..
These are likely to be store exclusive Legends toys at some point. They're not going to create new molds for a promotional give away.

And they don't hire third party companies either.

Continue: Meet Mito Prime Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Hobby Link Japan