Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Beast Hunters Voyager Wave 3 - Ultra Magnus and Grimwing - Released at US Retail

Posted on 05-26-2013 at 05:35 AM by Sol Fury under Transformers Prime
BH_UM
The hunt for the Beast Hunters continues! The next assortment of Beast Hunters Voyagers, which adds Ultra Magnus and Grimwing into the mix, has arrived at US retail. 2005 Boards member Gen. Magnus made the sighting ata Target store in Tucson, Arizona - so if you are on the hunt, once again Target seems to be getting the new assortments first! Happy hunting everyone!
Views: 5,999 / Credit: Gen. Magnus of the 2005 Boards!
Prime Jetscream
Well then.
I need to Target soon.

Can't wait for pics
MrSoundmeister
... wait? in target in all things? transformers club toys can be brought in toy stores now?!
Prime Jetscream
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSoundmeister View Post
... wait? in target in all things? transformers club toys can be brought in toy stores now?!
...
What?
Lion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Jetscream View Post
...
What?
That's exactly what I said. Got excited when I saw the BW then realized it was meant to be BH.
I immediately thought the mammoth!
MrSoundmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Jetscream View Post
...
What?
oh,well looking at the title of the thread i thought it would be the beast wars ultra magnus toy. but now if you think about it... it's actually the beast hunters ultra magnus toy he's actually talking about.
REMINATOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
That's exactly what I said. Got excited when I saw the BW then realized it was meant to be BH.
I immediately thought the mammoth!
You are not alone. However, my 1st reaction was not Mammoth since I know we'll eventually be getting him. But another BW UM? I was like yes, more UM figure into my collection. And then....the BH description kills my excitement....lol.
Karhukjnsi
Wait. Are we talking Beast Wars Ultra Mammoth, or Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus? I am thoroughly confused.
Gen. Magnus
No, sorry. I will get a correction. This is all on my mobile right now.
Gen. Magnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karhukjnsi View Post
Wait. Are we talking Beast Wars Ultra Mammoth, or Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus? I am thoroughly confused.
It is beast hunters. Sorry for the confusion!
REMINATOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen. Magnus View Post
No, sorry. I will get a correction. This is all on my mobile right now.
No problem, thanks for the head up. Now I can start to check up at Target instead of TRU all the time. I gotta find that BH UM!
Karhukjnsi
Excellent! Either way, I want it.
Sol Fury
I assume that means Grimwing is out as well, they're in the same wave.

Looking forward to more people trying to subtly (or not so subtly) convince me to buy a BH Ultra Magnus!
Gen. Magnus
Sorry for the delay and the earlier confusion. I was typing as rapidly as I could on my mobile while standing in the store.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Fury View Post
I assume that means Grimwing is out as well, they're in the same wave.

Looking forward to more people trying to subtly (or not so subtly) convince me to buy a BH Ultra Magnus!
It's a safe assumption. Sadly, I was beaten to the Grimwing; he was gone when I saw the Magnus.
ShiroPrime
Frick, I still haven't found Shockwave.
Prime Jetscream
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroPrime View Post
Frick, I still haven't found Shockwave.
It's all luck based; I found him once, one day after he was first reported in stores, behind a Predaking, and I have never seen him again.
Agent Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by REMINATOR View Post
No problem, thanks for the head up. Now I can start to check up at Target instead of TRU all the time. I gotta find that BH UM!
This man needs his Magnus crack!
worldsgreatest
I guess I'm lucky. I've seen BH Shockwave at least a dozen times.
REMINATOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Adam View Post
This man needs his Magnus crack!
LOL, too bad you don't live in NYC, then you can help me find him.
Barricade24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Jetscream View Post
It's all luck based; I found him once, one day after he was first reported in stores, behind a Predaking, and I have never seen him again.
Kind of reminds me of what happened when I encountered Recon Barricade. I don't believe I've seen one of him since then.
Thundershot
I've seen several Shockwaves. Hopefully I have similar luck with Magnus and Grimwing. Voyager BH Magnus is the most show accurate, right?
prfctcellrulz
Slag the Voyager, I'm holding out for Platinum Edition Weaponizer Magnus.
SlaveToLogic
You kidding? I haven't seen wave 2 yet...
Kaijumaster
dang it.....Magnus looked no good at the toy shows, but these in hand images so far have looked great!
Commandoclone87
Dammit, We still haven't seen Shockwave here, and I only just managed to score a Grimlock.
Ratchets Hatch
How appropriate that General Magnus found Magnus first!
Ribieconvoy
Was just wondering if these guys had come out yesterday, I was thinking about picking up Ultra Magnus since his toy doesn't seem to be as problematic as Smokescreen's was. The hunt is on, I suppose!
Gen. Magnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchets Hatch View Post
How appropriate that General Magnus found Magnus first!


I guess that is kind of true.
Starfire22
Let the hunt begin!!
Spider 001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Jetscream View Post
It's all luck based; I found him once, and I have never seen him again.

Same here!

And I haven't seen Skystalker at all.
RatTrap1985
This version is more screen accurate but is less fun.
MindChamber
Did Ultra Magnus allways have Primes vehicle mode in the show? I thought he was a flatnose?
BenjaminXavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindChamber View Post
Did Ultra Magnus allways have Primes vehicle mode in the show? I thought he was a flatnose?
He transformed for the first time in the most recent episode (this past friday) and it was Prime's alt mode with a little box on the back
MindChamber
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBenjamin View Post
He transformed for the first time in the most recent episode (this past friday) and it was Prime's alt mode with a little box on the back
ahh, so that one toy where hes a flatnose and comes with a clear hammer, was that based on the fall of cybertron mode?

Actually this says TF PRime, I guess was a concept version or somethin
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-P...I25J31JFATMHL8
MrSoundmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindChamber View Post
ahh, so that one toy where hes a flatnose and comes with a clear hammer, was that based on the fall of cybertron mode?

Actually this says TF PRime, I guess was a concept version or somethin
Amazon.com: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Voyager Class - Ultra Magnus Figure: Toys & Games
i guess. wait. wouldn't it be a good idea and retool and redeco that toy into clench?
Jack Darby
I'm guessing the DCPI is the same as the other BH voyagers correct? Hoping if these are finally hitting retail maybe the Ultimate class will be as well. Really want to get my hands on that Predaking . If I see voyager Magnus I may or may not get him depending on what I think of him in person. May wait out for that Weaponizer version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindChamber View Post
ahh, so that one toy where hes a flatnose and comes with a clear hammer, was that based on the fall of cybertron mode?

Actually this says TF PRime, I guess was a concept version or somethin
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-P...I25J31JFATMHL8
I ended up finding that Ultra Magnus at Ross and they lady ended up giving me him at 6.99 since they only ones they had at the time to put a price on him were the deluxes which were 6.99.
Impactor1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsoundmeister View Post
i guess. Wait. Wouldn't it be a good idea and retool and redeco that toy into clench?
i like it!!!
Exodus
Eh I ordered mine from HTS, a bit cheaper too. But cool.
Autovolt 127
I think i'd go and get Ultra Magnus if i see him the next time i'm in the states.
JDK
I wonder if you can exchange a PRID Voyager for BH voyager? I've exchanged generations for BH so I don't see why not. Hasbro will not be getting my money for 2 mediocre voyager magnuses. Glad I kept that box!
pscoop
Congrats Gen Magnus! Always cool to find new stuff, especially your namesake.
Gen. Magnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscoop View Post
Congrats Gen Magnus! Always cool to find new stuff, especially your namesake.
Thanks. While I was disappointed to miss out on his waves mate, I was quite pleased to be associated with the find. .
Solrac333
Man! It would be nice if these were actually in stores everywhere. I doubt I'll see it my area any time soon.
Kaijumaster
now I just gotta wait for the pictorial reviews.
cheetor71
New releases always seem to show up out west first

Magnus is the only one from this wave that I want. The only other figure I want right now from the entire line will be Prowl. I know it's only a Smokescreen repaint but still cool.
Aeronnz
I just now found Beast Hunters Shockwave. Hopefully UM will be easier to find! (At least for me...)
Shin Densetsu
Man Arizona must be smack dab right next to the distro centers or something. You guys find everything first!
flamepanther
Ultra Magnus. How does he work? [/ICP]
BenjaminXavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindChamber View Post
ahh, so that one toy where hes a flatnose and comes with a clear hammer, was that based on the fall of cybertron mode?

Actually this says TF PRime, I guess was a concept version or somethin
Amazon.com: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Voyager Class - Ultra Magnus Figure: Toys & Games
No, they just made that alt mode up. Its not based on anything cartoon or comic or video game wise.
MrSoundmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBenjamin View Post
No, they just made that alt mode up. Its not based on anything cartoon or comic or video game wise.
Well,that's good to know. he would still make a rad clench though.

Continue: Beast Hunters Voyager Wave 3 - Ultra Magnus and Grimwing - Released at US Retail Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey