Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus

Posted on 01-30-2013 at 09:39 PM by Shin Densetsu under Transformers Prime
Beast-Hunters-Ultra-Magnus
Images of a Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus testshot have recently turned up on Weibo. We have mirrored those images here. Interestingly enough, this take on Magnus incorporates a mix of parts from Powerizer Optimus Prime with the jetpack from Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime. The result? A bulky Magnus with an imposing silhouette!

Click on the thumbnail to see if this new figure is worthy of the Ultra Magnus name!
Views: 14,894 / Credit: UltimusPrime of the 2005 Boards!
Starfire22
Uhh....
Anti Spark
OK. Ummmm Whoa!
Shockwave9227
Interesting...I'd buy it!
shroobmaster
Woah woah woah woah! We actualy getting a new Ultra Magnus who actualy has a trailer armor?!
Starfire22
Need to see colored pics before deciding.
Lazerwave
Ya beat me.
Hikaru IchijoSL
wow that is interesting, I see a lot of FE Optimus in it.
ShadowMagnus
wait.....WHAT!?
Starfire22
When was the last time we got proto pics before the official confirmation?
Transformed
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimusPrime View Post
I see Ultra Magnus' head there, but from there on down, I see what looks like TFPRiD Optimus Prime's body.
netkid
So they retooled the hell out the the PRIME Voyager Optimus and then gave him the flight pack of the Beast Hunters voyager Optimus.

Hmm...I shall call him Captain Mish-mash.
General Tekno
Yeah; it looks to me like an Optimus Prime with the longnose cab altmode, from what I can tell. Thus the shoulder kibble.
Dolza_Khyron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru IchijoSL View Post
wow that is interesting, I see a lot of FE Optimus in it.
i am wondering if this is the official version of beast hunters optimus.

it has the same wings as the other version.
TFXProtector
I'll stick with my PRID Ultra Magnus. Screw that mess.
Rogzilla
Huh...interesting. Why change from original mold to OP retool?
Shatterpoint
I'm wondering what the hell his alt-mode looks like.
Dudicus
If this is an indication that Ultra Magnus will be nothing more than a retooled Optimus in the show, then I am seriously disappointed.
Rattrap
It looks like an add on kit or something to turn RID Prime into BH Prime... Nothing like Ultra Magnus
Knightdramon
Base figure is a RID Prime with the red parts being one coherent backpack\shoulders\whatnot.

Could be Magnus, could be a "Wingblade" version of Prime, could even be a 3rd party add on.
Octavius Prime
That may actually be the case, seeing as how people are always talking about how expensive it is to make a new CGI model. Also, I wonder if the Weaponizer UM is an OP remold too.
JacobPGalvatron
So, my PRiD Magnus is completely unnecessary.
Heat Guy
I can dig it, doesn't mean I'll buy it.
StayingInTheBox
The prototype itself looks average ... but I see the hammer is included so Im fucking sold.
Kaijumaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobPGalvatron View Post
So, my PRiD Magnus is completely unnecessary.
naw, you can repaint it into Motormaster!
kaijuguy19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavius Prime View Post
That may actually be the case, seeing as how people are always talking about how expensive it is to make a new CGI model. Also, I wonder if the Weaponizer UM is an OP remold too.
Or maybe Ultra Magnus was planned to be a retooled Optimus Prime model to begin with as his brother and the RID was just from a concept art. We'll know eventually.

And yeah the Weaponizer Ultra Magnus may be just a retooled version of the Optimus version.
JacobPGalvatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijumaster View Post
naw, you can repaint it into Motormaster!
Maybe... but I just thought of something.
What's the point of creating two distinct character designs and then producing toys for both of them?
Noideaforaname
This whole Prime Ultra Magnus thing has just been so strange.
Anguirus
Wait, so if Magnus is in BH and this is his show-accurate toy, I'm going to wind up buying three Magnuses in the space of a year, and ALL of them technically the SAME character?










...I can't deal with that right now.
PrimusVsUnicron
Come on! We have a Magnus that isn't a repaint and you fuck it up! Bad Hasbro!!!!!
Shatterpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirus View Post
Wait, so if Magnus is in BH and this is his show-accurate toy, I'm going to wind up buying three Magnuses in the space of a year, and ALL of them technically the SAME character?










...I can't deal with that right now.
*gives you the bomb*
Shadowbreaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimusVsUnicron View Post
Come on! We have a Magnus that isn't a repaint and you fuck it up! Bad Hasbro!!!!!
How did they fuck it up? It's not the the original mold Ultra Magnus doesn't exist anymore.
Octavius Prime
Yeah, this is not a screw up. While I like the PRiD Magnus mold for being a mainline new mold Magnus, the PRiD Optimus mold is better, so this is like a bonus. And come on, look at all the new parts!
CodeXCDM
Well... this is a curious item...

So... Ultra Magnus is back to being a repaint/retool of Optimus again? *facepalm*

Yes... I see that the Rage of the Dinobots Magnus is apparently Prime retooled... but ugh... why... his RID Voyager design was pretty darn good... and UNIQUE... *smh*
rattraprules98
I'm interested... a bit...
General Tekno
This isn't just a simple retool. Looking at my PRiD Optimus here... the ENTIRE clear and red sprues appear to have had their parts completely retooled.

Which means that in altmode, the only things in common will be a) he's a truck and b) he has the same trailer portion of the truck. The ENTIRE CAB is going to be different.
soundwaverulls
Huh, so they are going to remold RID Optimus for Beast Hunters. They're just calling it Ultra Magnus. Wait, that accurate to Rage of the Dinobot?! So it is! Damn, I was hoping for a Magnus the size of BH OP. Maybe even just a repaint.

I'm hoping this isn't really from HASBRO. If it is, it's an easy pass.
Hot Shot.
Gotta love how people are throwing a fit over how we're getting another Prime Magnus because it's an Optimus retool after we got a completely new mold in the same line last year. Apparently those people don't realize G1 Ultra Magnus WAS an Optimus repaint with armor, just like this. Don't like it? Keep playing with last year's figure. I'm sorry this is turning out to be an interesting toy and not a reissue of the last Magnus with spikes glued on.
orangeitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaverulls View Post
I'm hoping this isn't really from HASBRO. If it is, it's an easy pass.
Why would it matter who it's from?
REMINATOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot. View Post
Gotta love how people are throwing a fit over how we're getting another Prime Magnus because it's an Optimus retool after we got a completely new mold in the same line last year. Apparently those people don't realize G1 Ultra Magnus WAS an Optimus repaint with armor, just like this. Don't like it? Keep playing with last year's figure. I'm sorry this is turning out to be an interesting toy and not a reissue of the last Magnus with spikes glued on.
QFT!
As one of a huge UM fans, I love the idea of UM armor being a retool of Optimus because that's part of him dating back to G1/Diaclone. Me, personally, I'll take a retool UM over a straight repaint UM any day. I like my UM to resemble Optimus in some sort of form whether in robot or alternate form. With that said, yes I agree that PRID UM mold was fabulous. In fact, I love it so much I even purchased 2 of them. But then again, I don't know why a couple of you are surprise just because BH UM is an Optimus retool. We saw him in Orion Pax Clip and we saw him again in IDW Rage of the Dinobots. So it's not like this BH UM design took us by surprise.
The Bucket Kitten
I find this version of Ultra Magnus interesting, I'll wait to see him in his actual colors cause right now, his prototype's colors are throw my opinion off (if that makes any sense).
Anguirus
Quote:
Gotta love how people are throwing a fit over how we're getting another Prime Magnus because it's an Optimus retool after we got a completely new mold in the same line last year. Apparently those people don't realize G1 Ultra Magnus WAS an Optimus repaint with armor, just like this. Don't like it? Keep playing with last year's figure. I'm sorry this is turning out to be an interesting toy and not a reissue of the last Magnus with spikes glued on.
Uh, of course it could be a different interesting toy altogether, or even a different interesting toy altogether that isn't Ultra Magnus. Don't attack a strawman. I don't hate the fact that this figure (apparently?) exists, but you have to admit it's counter-intuitive! Since uh, no other Voyager BH figures are retools from earlier lines, and we just got a 100% new UM in that class and continuity.

Quote:
I don't know why a couple of you are surprise just because BH UM is an Optimus retool. We saw him in Orion Pax Clip and we saw him again in IDW Rage of the Dinobots. So it's not like this BH UM design took us by surprise.
I hadn't studied the matter in such detail yet.
ssjkazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire22 View Post
When was the last time we got proto pics before the official confirmation?

Drift i think we knew about dotm toys before we seen the proto types
archieboy
Dear lord those shoulder missiles...
REMINATOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by archieboy View Post
Dear lord those shoulder missiles...
I know, I hate those viagra missiles too. Hopefully TTomy comes to the rescue.
Optimus1116
It seems that the shoulders resemble the ones we saw here...

Philip164
Wha......., ok so I guess it's fair to speculate that the rumored Weaponizer will also be a Retool of Weaponizer Optimus, and maybe the Cyberverse will be a retool of Optimus; I guess it can work for Cyberverse because my local TRU has at least 15 Optimus Maximus'es left, and it would look more silly without a pilot.

Wait this is based on the Comic? as well as Ser-Ket? I wonder what other secrets lay in the Comics
silenth
Here goes...

Magnus makes a quick appearance and gets killed. OP gets UM's hammer and some extra power ups. Thus, we get this OP.
Ravenxl7
That's certainly...interesting. I wonder if this'll mean he'll be getting a new Cyberverse figure...I'm kinda happy with the one I have, but based on just the sculpt of this figure, I would have a hard time passing up a Commander sized version of it.
Gilgamesh
Curious, to say the least. I'd just wait to get more info about this before jumping to conclusions. HURRY UP TOY FAIR

Continue: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Big Bad Toy Store