Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers 3 UK Toys R Us Listings - Masterpiece Rodimus is a Toys R Us Exclusive

Posted on 01-01-2011 at 05:18 PM by Sol Fury under Transformers Movie Toys & Products (All Transformers Movie News)
tf-mp09
Some interesting new listings have appeared in the UK Toys R Us computer systems - including our first real store computer listing for Hasbro's release of Masterpiece Rodimus. Other highlights include a Transformers 3 Cyberverse Ark Set - which is rumored to be the ship on the moon - and something called a Megaverse Evolution 4 Pack.

Update - 2005 boards member omega_prime has supplied further information on the Masterpiece Rodimus listing. It's marked as a global exclusive - so Masterpiece Rodimus will be a Toys R Us exclusive in the US!

Read on to view the complete listing.

TF Masterpiece Rodimus - 309311
TF3 Activators Asst - 345423
TF3 Battle Mask - 309230
TF3 Cyberverse Commander Asst - 345318
TF3 Cyberverse Legion Asst - 345296
TF3 Cyberverse Ark Set - 346543
TF3 Energon Shock Sword - 309117
TF3 GoBots Asst - 345466
TF3 Mechtech Voyager Asst - 345741
TF3 Mechtech Deluxe Asst - 345709
TF3 Megaverse Evolution 4 Pack - 309265
TF3 Optimus Prime Blaster - 346012
TF3 Revving Robots - 309095
TF3 Robo Fighters Asst - 345601
TF3 Robo Power Bash Bots - 308749
TF3 Scanning Ironhide & Sideswipe
Views: 12,442 / Credit: omega_prime, Omnius of the 2005 Boards!
Beastbot X
I am very, very intrigured by just about all of these listings.

But ESPECIALLY the "Legion" assortment.
Auto Morph
"Ark Set"... kinda confirms it really...
exclusacon
Mp rodimus is a tru exclusive....
Thenames9
What's up with the 'Robo bash' and 'Robo fighter' stuff? Sounds more like wrestling figures to me... Thought the Cyberverse stuff and Rodimus are on my wish list
03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusacon View Post
Mp rodimus is a tru exclusive....
Where does it say that?
Bumblethumper
I'm not really getting used to these new names. It gets confusing. The movie lines tend to be so bloated that half this stuff won't be worth paying attention to anyway, but I wish I knew if (for example) they were still continuing the scout class.
Beastbot X
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1 View Post
Where does it say that?
Well, Hasbro said they were looking for an exclusive store outlet for MP Rodimus in a recent Q&A, and he shows up in TRU computers...
Jarodimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Morph View Post
"Ark Set"... kinda confirms it really...
Confirms what?
Omnius
Presumably that the ship on the moon is the Ark. Curious about the 'scanning Sideswipe and Ironhide' - hopefully the execution is better than the trans-scanning OP and BB from the first movie.
eagc7
Ark set? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
Well, Hasbro said they were looking for an exclusive store outlet for MP Rodimus in a recent Q&A, and he shows up in TRU computers...
While that may be true, this listing only confirms Rodimus will be sold at TRU. More information is needed to determine if it will be an exclusive.
omega_prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1 View Post
While that may be true, this listing only confirms Rodimus will be sold at TRU. More information is needed to determine if it will be an exclusive.
I can confirm that the listing says Rodimus is a global exclusive
Thenames9
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_prime View Post
I can confirm that the listing says Rodimus is a global exclusive
Yay! I predict higher chance of finding it, even if there are scalpers
rhinox1701
TOYS R US ..really hoped Rod would be a Walmart exclusive ..ah
.oh hell..I hate supporting Toys..only purchase exclusives..Arcee..Rod..etc..The Ark..cool. Confirms it. NICE
grimlock1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinox1701 View Post
TOYS R US ..really hoped Rod would be a Walmart exclusive ..ah
.oh hell..I hate supporting Toys..only purchase exclusives..Arcee..Rod..etc..The Ark..cool. Confirms it. NICE
same here still haven't gotten an MP Grimlock as there is no TRU near me ( with in 30 minutes drive time)
03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_prime View Post
I can confirm that the listing says Rodimus is a global exclusive
Thanks!
Thenames9
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock1972 View Post
same here still haven't gotten an MP Grimlock as there is no TRU near me ( with in 30 minutes drive time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinox1701 View Post
TOYS R US ..really hoped Rod would be a Walmart exclusive ..ah
.oh hell..I hate supporting Toys..only purchase exclusives..Arcee..Rod..etc..The Ark..cool. Confirms it. NICE
Read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_prime View Post
I can confirm that the listing says Rodimus is a global exclusive
Omnius
Funny thing is, if MP Roddy was a Wal-mart exclusive, there would be just as many (if not even more) complaints that it's not at TRU.
kavemon3
MP Rodimus is gonna be a TRU exclusive.....great that means the msrp is gonna get bumped up by $10.
Scourge_151
Look forward to seeing more on what each of the assortments has, I've got the Jap Rodimus pre-ordered but good for all those who want him without masses of customs on top!
Cheem The Rup
The Ark ???? Wwwooooaaahhh.... Let's hope will be a gigantic thing like the millennium falcon
scubaboy31
this indicates that MP rodimus will be TRU exclusive in the uk nothing to cement that it will be the same case in the states. MP skywarp was an Argos exclusive in the uk, so it goes to show that different retailer can pick up an exclusive in other territories.

Regardless, Grimlock was a massive success for TRU here, he sold out everywhere (i couldn't get one at retail) so i'm not suprised that they'd pick up rodimus. Skywarp was massively discounted - not a mark of success. wasn't it the same case in the US?
Omnius
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaboy31 View Post
this indicates that MP rodimus will be TRU exclusive in the uk nothing to cement that it will be the same case in the states. MP skywarp was an Argos exclusive in the uk, so it goes to show that different retailer can pick up an exclusive in other territories.
This says otherwise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_prime View Post
I can confirm that the listing says Rodimus is a global exclusive
bcm77
I wonder what the first wave to not show up will be?
Omnius
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcm77 View Post
I wonder what the first wave to not show up will be?
Wave 3's become the norm.
starscream-99
Yes!!! Can't wait.
Paxtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheem The Rup View Post
The Ark ???? Wwwooooaaahhh.... Let's hope will be a gigantic thing like the millennium falcon
My theory is it'll likely be a Legends playset, going off of those pics we saw previously of Cyberverse Prime and Bee, which both looked to be Legends in scale.
scubaboy31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnius View Post
This says otherwise:
not really. I'm sayiny that in the uk rodimus will be exclusive to tru, and that in the US another retailer may pick him up. nothing about rodimus being exclusive to the uk (that would be hilarious though!)
RedHeadKevin
My real problem with Rodimus being a TRU exclusive is that once he comes out, his price will NEVER go down. If he was at, say, Walmart, or even better, Target, eventually he'd be clearance priced down to about 25 or 30 bucks.
exclusacon
TRU will be picking this up, mp skywarp was as cheap as 15$ in minnesota (us) never again we will get a mp that cheap again...
fallen_revenge
Why doesn't it say Mechtech leader ASST please don't cancel leaders!!!!
scubaboy31
I really hate people going on about how much it sucks that the figure won't go down in price/be clearanced. Refusing to buy toys at full retail pretty much kills the chance of future releases. I can bet that walmart will never stock mp figures again as none have been a success for them.

regardless, i'd kill to get figures at the prices the US do (and seemingly complain about) you pay $60 we pay 60 which equates to $93 at the moment. Try paying that.
Omnius
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen_revenge View Post
Why doesn't it say Mechtech leader ASST please don't cancel leaders!!!!
This may not necessarily be a complete list.
Cheem The Rup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxtin View Post
My theory is it'll likely be a Legends playset, going off of those pics we saw previously of Cyberverse Prime and Bee, which both looked to be Legends in scale.
Yes it's realistic... also cause a playable set for bigger figures would be just a biit large
Thenames9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen_revenge View Post
Why doesn't it say Mechtech leader ASST please don't cancel leaders!!!!
Pfft, Hasbro would never stop the Leader class line...
Rotorstorm
Good that we'll get him, with 3 TRU in range I'll be sure to have one if I get the money together

Shame no more generations listings though
Fort Max
Some stunning news, really a big relief for me, now I can skip the expensive takara big plastic box edition of roddy without any fear.

The new movie stuff sounds pretty neat too, no leader listing but I'm not going to freak out about, we do usually get them over here, usually...
Omnius
If Cyberverse is the new name for Legends, then it seems a given that the corresponding Ark Set will be a playset for said scale. Legion = individual figures, Commander = figure + 'Micromaster base' vehicle?
PrimulArchangel
another TRU exclusive ? That store sucks anymore for there over priced exclusives. I got robbed over the holidays by them . All the Animated pegs said Animated Deluxe 12.99 and they had the ironhides hanging on those pegs. When it was range it up they tell me its 16.99 ...wtf?. They give me some BS that the exclusives cost more. I told them then they should not be on the same pegs and have a peg sticker saying the exclusives are 16.99.. they pulled the bait and switch on me and would not give me the toy for 12.99 like the peg said. No where on the isle did it have anything about them being 16.99. Just taking advantage of the holiday shoppers.
miscreant
So i can't buy MP Rodimus for 9.99 from Walmart?

Hasbro are out to get me! Takara would never do this.
scubaboy31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Max View Post
Some stunning news, really a big relief for me, now I can skip the expensive takara big plastic box edition of roddy without any fear.

The new movie stuff sounds pretty neat too, no leader listing but I'm not going to freak out about, we do usually get them over here, usually...
still gonna get the takara rodimus as I'm pretty much in love with how it looks. Hasbro rodimus is a possibility, but I don't really want the inevitable rounding off of the spoiler tips and more toy like details added. Probably get it to display in both modes though.
tide
the ark set for legends ('cyberverse') class figs sounds fun.
Kaymac
TRU always has better distribution of exclusives. Thank goodness Roddy is one of their's.

Anyways, I'm more interested in those DOTM movie packs. They sound pretty cool!

Edit: Just looked at some of the other stuff. Cyberverse "Legion" assortment? This better not have anything to do with weird penis-tongue monsters! XD

Also, "scanning" Ironhide and Sideswipe? Is that like the Transcanning toys released in Japan for the first movie?
AutoBobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavemon3 View Post
MP Rodimus is gonna be a TRU exclusive.....great that means the msrp is gonna get bumped up by $10.
This....and I'm afraid by then it will be even more than that.Good ol' TRU.
Bovril
Not to worry, scouts were confirmed elsewhere. I think they got re-named to 'basics' or something.

Kinda worried that there's no mention of Mechtech Leader Class... I really hope that crummy Megatron isn't the best they can do.
MrFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaboy31 View Post
I really hate people going on about how much it sucks that the figure won't go down in price/be clearanced. Refusing to buy toys at full retail pretty much kills the chance of future releases. I can bet that walmart will never stock mp figures again as none have been a success for them.
THIS. OMG. This. People need to quit looking for a quick discount and show some support for these things being released.
bcm77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnius View Post
Wave 3's become the norm.
Which sucks for those that are going to be collecting the TF3 stuff in a big way but as I only plan on buying 7 more official TF's ( all Takara ) before switching to 3rd party only I'm not going to have the same sense of disappointment.

Continue: Transformers 3 UK Toys R Us Listings - Masterpiece Rodimus is a Toys R Us Exclusive Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Big Bad Toy Store