Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Packaging Revealed for NEST Battle Pack, Pack to Have Exclusive Figure Offer

Posted on 10-28-2009 at 02:42 PM by Tim Formas under Transformers Movie Toys & Products (All Transformers Movie News)
0
Entertainment Earth has posted a pre-order for the upcoming Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen NEST Battle Pack, which we already knew would contain repaints of Cannon Bumblebee and Soundwave. The pre-order features the first look at the packaging, which reveals that the official names of the repaints are Battlefield Bumblebee and Infiltration Soundwave. The biggest surprise, however, is that the NEST Battle Pack will feature an offer for an exclusive figure. The box indicates that the offer details are on the side panel of the box, which can not be seen in the image. Could this be the return of the mail-away Transformers? Check out the packaging by clicking on the thumbnail to the left.
Views: 8,126
SoundMaster
Definitely going to get this. I love the Cannon Bumblebee mold, and Soundwave looks great in those colors.
neospark1
Mail away figure. Glee! Childhood returns!
Deefuzz
Mail away? I like mail away!

Quote:
Dear Hasbro,

Remember Reflector? Please give me a new one.

I will also accept a deluxe sized mail away Dewbot.

Kthxbai,
- Deefuzz
Optimus Prime
That set looks awesome, and I hope they do have a mail-away figure offer...as long as it's not another Bumblebee repaint.
Fort Max
Mail away huh, nice to see it return but no way I am buying that set.
Ratchet2007
I wanna see the back of the box !
Sharktibolt
So many reasons for me to get this. I could use a second movie Bumblebee and the black Soundwave interests me a lot.

If they have another mail away figure thing I will be VERY interested to find out what it would be.
MC.Paddington1
ANOTHER repaint? Can anyone tell me the amount of different bumblebee repaints released?
Ratchet2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC.Paddington1 View Post
ANOTHER repaint? Can anyone tell me the amount of different bumblebee repaints released?
Bumblebee (Movie)/toys - Transformers Wiki
Angelwave
So does the mail away mean new figure, or repaint and remold of an existing figure? Or are they just gonna send out a bunch of Sideways?
Autobot Burnout
If this set has a mail-away offer, I swear I will have to get it. I LOVE getting stuff in the mail for some reason.

Plus I need this set anyways for a multitude of other reasons, so I just hope Hasbro realizes just what a "mail-away" figure will require in terms of distribution.
grimlock1972
the mail away just might get me to buy this set assuming its not an exclusive at a store i have a hard time getting to on a regular basis and the mail away is something i want enough to own a reapaint of soundwave
Ravenxl7
This 2-pack is pretty much at the top of my must have list. Really interesting to see that there'll be an exclusive figure offer. Hopefully the figure itself will be worth whatever you have to do to get it. I'm really hoping it's not another Bumblebee figure, though if it is, I may still get it, lol. Would be kinda funny if it was the Legends Constructicon figures. Whatever it is, I have a hard time seeing it being a new/unique mold, though that would be awesome if it was. It'll most likely be a repaint, maybe even with a slight retool.

Edit: Anybody else find it interesting that they're calling these "Special Edition" figures? Would be really nice if that yellow on Battlefield Bumblebee was similar to the yellow used on Premium Bumblebee (aka sparkly compared to the other releases). It's nice to know about when this set will be available, and roughly what the price should be. I'm hoping this'll be available at Target. Everything we know about this set currently points towards it being a wide release, so I'm not too worried about it being a store exclusive, but at the same time I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out to be one.
Tim Formas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwave View Post
So does the mail away mean new figure, or repaint and remold of an existing figure? Or are they just gonna send out a bunch of Sideways?
They do say exclusive figure offer, so it'll be a repaint at the very least. Granted, it can be a very slight repaint and still be considered "exclusive". It could be a new mold, but I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
Plus I need this set anyways for a multitude of other reasons, so I just hope Hasbro realizes just what a "mail-away" figure will require in terms of distribution.
Hasbro has already done it in the last year with G.I. Joe. They can handle it.
Night Flame
My guess for the exclusive figure that everyone is all wound up about: ROTF Deluxe Bumblebee with a tiny little extra blob of paint somewhere on him. Or a random Legends figure.

It's a cool concept, and I hope I'm wrong.
Automaster
The exclusive figure will be Deluxe Aveo Swerve, previously unreleased except through car dealers and that European deal.

That'd be sweet!!
deliciouspeter
Oy...I'm betting the mail away figure is Camshaft.
Jarodimus
My curiosity is piqued!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Formas View Post
Hasbro has already done it in the last year with G.I. Joe. They can handle it.
And Indiana Jones. And several times in the last few years with Star Wars. They've all gone very smoothly.
tfan123
Really want this set, because i like the Cannon BB mold, but never got the regular one, and it would make an awesome custom as Cliffjumper. Also, i think i can make Soundwave into an Autobot. Plus, i like the extra NEST stuff. So, the mail away offer sounds good. Cross your fingers, maybe it'll be one of the Primes, or maybe Elita One. Maybe the last guess
Beastbot X
Ooo, mail-away figure. Sweeet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaster View Post
The exclusive figure will be Deluxe Aveo Swerve, previously unreleased except through car dealers and that European deal.

That'd be sweet!!
STOP THAT. You're raising my expectations too much!
Ratchet2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
Ooo, mail-away figure. Sweeet.



STOP THAT. You're raising my expectations too much!
If it was, everyone would buy this set
U.Magnus80
Sunuvabitch. My curiosity is going to force me to get this just to get whatever the exclusive figure is
Tell_Story
I'll probably buy this. I don't have Soundwave and I really like the paint on this one and I don't have Cannon BB and I like the battle mask much better that the open face. The only think that kills me is that this will probably be around $25.00. Hopefully the mail away will make up for the price.

Will this be an store exclusive?
Omega Charge
I need this. Doesn't seem to be overpriced, so definitely on the buy list now.

Excited to see the exclusive.
Mister Gone
The mailaway figure is going to be an orange and grey repaint of armada Sideswipe.
G1Wheeljack
Love that they're bring back mail-away figures, I just hope that it's offered with other figures or that I don't have to buy this set, as I really don't want it.
Smokescreen
Nice Soundwave redeco. I'm very interested in finding out what kind of mail away figure is being offered. Hopefully, we'll know something before this set comes out.
Smokescreen
Oops. Double post.
Omnius
It's safe to say this offer will only be available in the US, knowing Hasbro...
guard convoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktibolt View Post
So many reasons for me to get this. I could use a second movie Bumblebee and the black Soundwave interests me a lot.

If they have another mail away figure thing I will be VERY interested to find out what it would be.
WHY IS EVERYONE ONE SAYING HE IS GOING TO BE BLACK!!!!!

he is BLUE.....ugh that gets on my nerves

anyways, yay to the return of mail-away figures
Dran0n
Bought.
Ravenxl7
Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
WHY IS EVERYONE ONE SAYING HE IS GOING TO BE BLACK!!!!!

he is BLUE.....ugh that gets on my nerves
It's because of the mistake that Tformers made in their original report about this figure. Last time I checked they also still thought that it was the Preview BB repaint that came in the set. The name Black Soundwave stuck, and has unfortunately been used ever since. Even though we now know that his main color is blue.
Andy::Won
Definately buying this. Maybe the mail away is red Rampage?

Ratchet2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy::Won View Post
Definately buying this. Maybe the mail away is red Rampage?

And the TF fans raged throughout the the World
Ravenxl7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy::Won View Post
Definately buying this. Maybe the mail away is red Rampage?

Extremely doubtful. Back when we got the listings for Deluxe Ratchet and Lockdown from a store's computer there was also a listing for a Deluxe "Red Bulldozer" figure. If he was going to end up as a mail away figure, he wouldn't have been listed with the others.
Eric
So, I'd have to buy a bad repaint of Soundwave and a crappy remold of Bumblebee just to get a mail-away figure?

No thanks.
Andy::Won
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Extremely doubtful. Back when we got the listings for Deluxe Ratchet and Lockdown from a store's computer there was also a listing for a Deluxe "Red Bulldozer" figure. If he was going to end up as a mail away figure, he wouldn't have been listed with the others.
Ah well, I can dream can't I?

Angelwave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet2007 View Post
And the TF fans raged throughout the the World
Well at least it will be figure that would be wanted.
shibamura_prime
Exclusive figure offer? Looks like I WILL be picking this set up after all. XD
WhiteMocha
They should make the mail-in figure a red Autobot repaint of Sideways, named "Overdrive."

Or a purple and green repaint of Real Gear Spy Shot named "Reflector."

You know, for nostalgia's sake.
Matterzero
A mail away! Wow I can't wait to see what it is.
Protoman
Hasbro did it with the new Marvel Universe line......... as long as they ain't asking an arm and a leg, I am 100% game for it
*Soundwave*
Never did get cannon BB, might as well get this since I want that Soundwave. i hope the mail away fig is cool (a bit of a stretch.....but, maybe its legends Red Rampage, or deluxe like previously suggested)
Hollywood Hoist
I'll be buying this set and most likely the mail away figure.
Sharktibolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
It's because of the mistake that Tformers made in their original report about this figure. Last time I checked they also still thought that it was the Preview BB repaint that came in the set. The name Black Soundwave stuck, and has unfortunately been used ever since. Even though we now know that his main color is blue.
While this may be true, I was calling it black because that's how it looks to me. Upon closer inspection, it still looks like a grey-ish kind of black to me.
Cyber-Kun
I can't see the mail-away being anything bigger then a scout fig.
Of course, I love the scout figs, so I'm all over this
Angelwave
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMocha View Post
They should make the mail-in figure a red Autobot repaint of Sideways, named "Overdrive."

Or a purple and green repaint of Real Gear Spy Shot named "Reflector."

You know, for nostalgia's sake.
What if it's a repaint of Sideswip in gold named Suntreaker. That would be a trip.
Blasterpwns
YES! I was planning on getting this, and now the mail-away is a nice bonus.

Who the figure may be is a mystery to me. Perhaps it's the scout class "Wheelie" that we haven't seen in a package yet?
Fit For natalie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
Mail away? I like mail away!
They'd just give you one of the Real Gear cameras from the piles of unsold ones

Continue: Packaging Revealed for NEST Battle Pack, Pack to Have Exclusive Figure Offer Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Big Bad Toy Store