Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

First look at Transformers Age of Extinction Bumblebee, Hound and Strafe Toys

Posted on 11-30-2013 at 01:00 PM by Sol Fury under Transformers Movie Toys & Products (All Transformers Movie News)
15095890398e890s98p84e
By way of this post on 78dm.net we have our first look at three Transformers 4 Age of Extinction toys. Shown here for the first time anywhere are toy pictures of Bumblebee, Hound (under his codename Duke) and Strafe / Swoop (under his codename Paulie).

These are labelled us as a part of the Power Attackers / Power Battlers subline, which from the leaked Hasbro toy list a while back we know is not the main line - by appearances these three are from a Fast Action Battlers styled subline. All three sport nice chunky and simple looking transformations, but also have some nice details on them.

This also seemingly confirms that the Dinobots will be Autobots as in Generation 1 and not a third faction, at least as far as Swoop / Strafe / Paulie goes.

Check them out at the link above.
Views: 26,210 / Credit: sideswipe88, xueyue2 of the 2005 Boards!

Images for First look at Transformers Age of Extinction Bumblebee, Hound and Strafe Toys

15095890398e890s98p84e
150959ynf56fy1co59r699
151001kyqpzsknn3pbqyko
Mechafire
Jesus Christ Swoop looks fucking SICK.
TacticalBacon
Very interesting....

Oh crap, I hope these aren't the deluxes!
General Tekno
If these are the new simplified deluxes, color me fairly impressed.

And before people start whining, THESE ARE NOT BEING MARKETED OR TARGETED AT YOU. Whining about these is like hating on Fast Action Battlers.

Recall that Generations will be doing movie toys that AREN'T ultrasimplified 5POA things. Like how Marvel films have the simple toys and the Marvel Legends.
Yggdrasil
Is that a two headed dragon?

Holy shit this is awesome!
Spiderus Prime
Swoop and Hound looks so awesome!
agentSAP2006
I don't like "Swoop's" Dino mode.
Fort Max
Hound looks good. I'll be looking forward to seeing a bigger figure.
SPLIT LIP
UGH IT'S SO HARD TO TELL Legends class figures have, historically, not been incredible sources of accuracy.

Swoop looks AMAZING. I kind of really want him to have two heads, but I'm wondering if he doesn't actually just have a head that splits in half for robot mode. Reagardless, the heads/head halves form torso armour, and he has what looks like a fairly traditional swoop head with visor and crest.

Hound looks pretty damn goof for a legends, and looks to have a very traditional build and design. He's not fat, though.

Bumblebee's cool, but once again his legends looks like every legends Bumblebee ever with slight changes, despite the fact that they don't match his proportions and design even kind of close.

Also, yes it seems the human names are "cover" names. Duke is Hound, and Paulie is Swoop. (I guess 'cuz he's like a bird. Paulie wanna cracker? )
Gryph
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalBacon View Post
Very interesting....

Oh crap, I hope these aren't the deluxes!
I don't believe so. Look at the size of the pins in Hound. I'm guessing legends or commander class.
NotRamjet97
Gimme!

And those look nice for Cyberverse, but CV does have some goodies.
Blazere
Well, we KINDA have a fix on Swoop/Hound's robot mode.

KINDA.
PlanckEpoch
By the way months ago I said that the bearded 'bot would be Hound, because of the heavily bearded style worn by Special Operations troops in Iraq and Afghanistan? Well, this Hound toy has a beard so it's probably safe to say that Hound has a beard in TF4! Looks like I was pretty damn right on that one!
Yggdrasil
Also these DO look like the new BH scaled up Deluxes to me.
HeroicC300
Hound is AWESOME. Anyone else wanting him to look like a burly psuedo-viking in the film?
Blazere
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanckEpoch View Post
By the way months ago I said that the bearded 'bot would be Hound, because of the heavily bearded style worn by Special Operations troops in Iraq and Afghanistan? Well, this Hound toy has a beard so it's probably safe to say that Hound has a beard in TF4! Looks like I was pretty damn right on that one!
screen high five

/
PlanckEpoch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicC300 View Post
Hound is AWESOME. Anyone else wanting him to look like a burly psuedo-viking in the film?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazere View Post
screen high five

/


Well he sorta has an "operator" look to him. You know, Special Operations guys sported heavy beards in Iraq and Afghanistan in a show of solidarity with the people they were fighting for. I reasoned back when the bearded 'bot head was shown that since we had a military vehicle, and we had a heavily bearded head, putting two and two together with Michael Bay's hard on for the US military, it would've made sense for the bearded head to be Hound.

With Bay's interest in the military, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think that Bay has kept up with military "fashion" over the past decade and decided to make Hound like a bearded "operator" based on spec ops guys who were in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Dirge121
Then note on swoop mentions paint apps on 'both sides of both heads'. So yeah, Swoop confirmed two headed?
nobleboivin
Swoop looks neat and all but the dino mode looks weird
tonyformer
Hound looks to be a Legends Commander class with the others just standard legends class toys.
TacticalBacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
I don't believe so. Look at the size of the pins in Hound. I'm guessing legends or commander class.
I hope you're right!

Also, is "Power Attackers" the new name for Cyberverse? That's what's shown by the names.
Noideaforaname
Swoop's a 2-headed pterodactyl monster? Awesome! But since Beast Hunters gave me a bunch of Cyberverse dragons, I kinda want a Predacon repaint. Dunno if I want to wait and see if Swoop gets any kind or repaint, much less into a faction that's not even in the movie. Guess I could always get Reprolabels...


EDIT: (Transmetal) Terrorsaur repaint! If that doesn't happen I'm rioting.
kaijuguy19
Bumblebee looks good but I'm not too anxious of getting him.

Hound looks fun I like how the underneath part of the truck forms his chest. He's beefy but not fat.

Also Swoo-Er I mean Strafe as he's now called also looks awesome. He looks sleek and deadly looking as for his head well it could be just split in two. If there's one thing I may have a slight problem with it's that the way his dino head forms the shoulder pads looks a little similer to Grimlock's. I hope the rest of the Dinobots will have more different places for the dino heads to go into.
tonyformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge121 View Post
Then note on swoop mentions paint apps on 'both sides of both heads'. So yeah, Swoop confirmed two headed?
could be that its miss-transformed or he may have an ability in the movie to split his head into 2 heads or something. If he has 2 heads but is supposed to be a "Dino" this would give more proof that they are not based off of Earth Dinosaurs but more-so Cybertronian Dinos. And this would lend more to the history of how Dragons were created from legends of Dinosaurs.

Remember the 3 natural bridges in China that they were filming at?

Black Dragon= Grimlock (mostly black)
Sky Dragon= Swoop
Azure Dragon=?? (Azure meaning blue)
Chainlink
Not sure I like 2-headed Swoop. I'd have preferred a regular pterodactyl. Robot Mode's cool, though.
Otherwise, the bot modes look pretty nice. Can't say the same about the toys, though. Glad they're just the Cyberverse or Fast Action Battler-type figures.
Jazz210
I noticed on swoops page his paint apps indicate Metallic paint!
Noideaforaname
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyformer View Post
could be that its miss-transformed or he may have an ability in the movie to split his head into 2 heads or something. If he has 2 heads but is supposed to be a "Dino" this would give more proof that they are not based off of Earth Dinosaurs but more-so Cybertronian Dinos. And this would lend more to the history of how Dragons were created from legends of Dinosaurs.
Just when we think we're over with Beast Hunters...
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyformer View Post
could be that its miss-transformed or he may have an ability in the movie to split his head into 2 heads or something. If he has 2 heads but is supposed to be a "Dino" this would give more proof that they are not based off of Earth Dinosaurs but more-so Cybertronian Dinos. And this would lend more to the history of how Dragons were created from legends of Dinosaurs.

Remember the 3 natural bridges in China there that they were filming at?

Black Dragon= Grimlock (mostly black)
Sky Dragon= Swoop
Azure Dragon=?? (Azure meaning blue)
yeah he definitely has two heads there as one of the notes for paint apps says "both sides of both heads"
not sure how much I dig the two heads myself but im sure it'll look interesting in the movie
MegaMoonMan
Yuck all around.
havanowoncheese
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Also these DO look like the new BH scaled up Deluxes to me.
These are like the fast action battlers from the first 3 movies. They are simpler figures aimed at children. This in no way indicates how the deluxes and voyagers will be. Hell the line of simpler figures could mean the main line wont be dumbed down to much.
tonyformer
Im actually a bit scared now. If they went and gave Swoop 2 heads in the movie, hes not a Dinobot anymore lol. Hes now a Predacon-like Dragon and i dread to think what they could do with Sludge. He could come out looking like a Hydra lol
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyformer View Post
Im actually a bit scared now. If they went and gave Swoop 2 heads in the movie, hes not a Dinobot anymore lol. Hes now a Predacon-like Dragon and i dread to think what they could do with Sludge. He could come out looking like a Hydra lol
or no heads at all! D:
Paxtin
The head on Hound really does look atrocious.

Yeah, if these are Legion class, then whatever. But if these are the new deluxe, then that's freaking garbage. Absolute garbage.
MechaV
I wish "Hound" were actually Bulkhead.
tonyformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxtin View Post
The head on Hound really does look atrocious.

Yeah, if these are Legion class, then whatever. But if these are the new deluxe, then that's freaking garbage. Absolute garbage.
yeah, if they thought they had troubles with Bee and OP being peg warmer in the DOTM line, If these are the new Deluxes, the whole line is lost lol
Rattrap Primal
Paulie/ Strafe/ Swoop looks like Doublecross
Ribieconvoy
Hm. Unless part of it was edited out of the picture, it looks like Bumblebee's arms are asymmetrical. Notice the wheel is not present near his hand on his right arm. In fact, it's at the complete opposite end of his right arm. Asymmetrical transformations on symmetrical characters are very, very uncommon, aren't they? Only time I remember it happening at all was with that special subline of Botshots. So if it is, it's probably just for the sake of the gimmick, which is far from unheard of.
Macross7
It looks like they just didn't push the two halves of Swoop's head together to indicate paint goes in spots that won't be seen in dino mode.
tonyformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap Primal View Post
Paulie/ Strafe/ Swoop looks like Doublecross
yeah he does, wonder if they did this just for this sub-line so they could do a easy repaint of doublecross? i hope thats the case.

Maybe we will get Beast-like Decepticons in the movie in the form of the Horrorcons and others like Doublecross could be added too and for the toy line he would just be a Swoop repaint
Paxtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
And before people start whining, THESE ARE NOT BEING MARKETED OR TARGETED AT YOU. Whining about these is like hating on Fast Action Battlers.
Except that Fast Action Battlers were not replaceing Deluxe figures.
If we still get propperly engineered toys in this line, and these are suppose to be the new FAB line, then fine. If it's not, then much like the Ironman 3 toy line, it's just cheap trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
Recall that Generations will be doing movie toys that AREN'T ultrasimplified 5POA things. Like how Marvel films have the simple toys and the Marvel Legends.
When and where was this ever said? And even if that were to happen, I'd only see them doing a few of the main characters like Prime, Bee, and maybe a couple of the new guys.
kaijuguy19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyformer View Post
could be that its miss-transformed or he may have an ability in the movie to split his head into 2 heads or something. If he has 2 heads but is supposed to be a "Dino" this would give more proof that they are not based off of Earth Dinosaurs but more-so Cybertronian Dinos. And this would lend more to the history of how Dragons were created from legends of Dinosaurs.

Remember the 3 natural bridges in China that they were filming at?

Black Dragon= Grimlock (mostly black)
Sky Dragon= Swoop
Azure Dragon=?? (Azure meaning blue)
I remember reading about the legend of the different dragons in China. If the movie will have the Dinobots be the inspiration of the legend that'll be cool.

Also I think Swoop/Strafe would make a good Cutthroat/Windrazor figure.
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribieconvoy View Post
Hm. Unless part of it was edited out of the picture, it looks like Bumblebee's arms are asymmetrical. Notice the wheel is not present near his hand on his right arm. In fact, it's at the complete opposite end of his right arm. Asymmetrical transformations on symmetrical characters are very, very uncommon, aren't they? Only time I remember it happening at all was with that special subline of Botshots. So if it is, it's probably just for the sake of the gimmick, which is far from unheard of.
For the toy yes. But it's symmetrical for the movie I guess.

Transformers 4 Age Of Extinction Renders Revealed - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Grimlock - Transformers News - TFW2005
EnerJohn
Notice how Swoope has the same crest as Grimlock.
encline
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJohn View Post
Notice how Swoope has the same crest as Grimlock.
We hav not seen Grimlock.
Macross7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyformer View Post
Remember the 3 natural bridges in China that they were filming at?

Black Dragon= Grimlock (mostly black)
Sky Dragon= Swoop
Azure Dragon=?? (Azure meaning blue)
Pulling from my butt theory. Blue = water. Dinobot with dino mode assocaiated with water. Sludge. Sludge's type of dino tends to be depicted as being in water a lot.
Clifftothemax
Hound looks kinda like Bulkhead a bit.
tonyformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJohn View Post
Notice how Swoope has the same crest as Grimlock.
same crest?
TheSoundwave
Swoop looks pretty cool!

Continue: First look at Transformers Age of Extinction Bumblebee, Hound and Strafe Toys Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Hobby Link Japan