Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

ASP-01 Striker Optimus Prime In Hand Images

Posted on 11-06-2012 at 05:37 PM by Shin Densetsu under Transformers Movie Toys & Products (All Transformers Movie News)
Hasbro-Asia-Striker-Optimus-Prime-01
Looking forward to the shiny Optimus Prime Striker Asia Edition? Miss out on the darker, Dark Of The Moon Striker Optimus Prime? Whether you've been seething with anticipation for this figure, or just wanted to see how it turned out, HK-TF has posted the 1st in-hand images of this "new" Optimus figure and we've mirrored the images here!

How does Striker Optimus look with the Premium treatment? See for yourself after the jump!
Views: 9,252 / Credit: Cheem The Rup of the 2005 Boards!

Images for ASP-01 Striker Optimus Prime In Hand Images

Hasbro-Asia-Striker-Optimus-Prime-02
Hasbro-Asia-Striker-Optimus-Prime-03
Hasbro-Asia-Striker-Optimus-Prime-04
Hasbro-Asia-Striker-Optimus-Prime-05
Hasbro-Asia-Striker-Optimus-Prime-06
miscreant
I'm just a bit underwhelmed for some reason
harrismonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
I'm just a bit underwhelmed for some reason
I want bigger pictures, but it looks like some of the (very minor) deco problems Buster had that Striker solved may have been reintroduced, which is disappointing.

Buster had better detailing hands down (and now this probably will also), but the actual darker colors on Striker worked better I thought. It looks like this is going with the lighter coloring Buster had.

At least they did the headlights on this one. I'll probably get him. But I was hoping he'd be a little more than this seems to be (but again, the pictures are small- I can't tell for sure if there's pin striping or not on the actual bot).
miscreant
I'm only on a phone....but squinting to see if there are pinstripes.

Already have buster, striker, and (real) battle blades...kinda don't want to want this one.


I wonder how it will affect prices on the first striker.
Blitz.
im sorta 50/50 on this. its a cool idea but the extra parts dont really do anything that interests me
archieboy
I will only get this if it's cheap enough and if it has really REALLY nice packaging
miscreant
Allright...... after a bit of squinting on a 20 inch monitor, i do think i see pinstripes.
Detroa
I think the figure have pinstripes but not the shield.
Sentinel
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
I'm only on a phone....but squinting to see if there are pinstripes.

Already have buster, striker, and (real) battle blades...kinda don't want to want this one.


I wonder how it will affect prices on the first striker.
Yeah, this exactly. I have every version of Leader Prime available along with the myriad of weapons and this is underwhelming to say the least. I suppose it brings us full circle, so that there is a Buster Striker Prime with the amazing paint apps and chrome.

I know I will be picking this up, but I kinda like the look of the original Striker Prime quite a bit more than this Buster version.
Arkitect76
It seems it has the light blue pinstripping.....really doesnt seem much of a difference to actually get him since he does look alot like buster....princing will be the last thing to factor in to decide if its good enough to get....but im a little.disappointed
GAUGE
surprise, another movie figure yay -_-
Fort Max
So the bonus weapons are the arm swords? Or did they come with the first striker prime?
I was hoping for his murder axe from the last fight scene in dotm myself.
Still looks like a nice paintjob and I like the chrome, very tempted.
beangrower
Missed first striker (before the price hikes) so I hope this is priced decent.
Buster with abs. Can't go wrong with that.
miscreant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Max View Post
So the bonus weapons are the arm swords? Or did they come with the first striker prime?
I was hoping for his murder axe from the last fight scene in dotm myself.

Striker was never packaged with the blades. An Axe exists, although it's not Takara made.
miscreant
Quote:
Originally Posted by beangrower View Post
Missed first striker (before the price hikes) so I hope this is priced decent.
Buster with abs. Can't go wrong with that.
Take the price of the first Striker, pad it slightly, and you're probably there.
Cheem The Rup
Quote:
Originally Posted by beangrower View Post
Missed first striker (before the price hikes) so I hope this is priced decent.
Buster with abs. Can't go wrong with that.
Exactly
Arkitect76
better be less than $150 and not no $149.99 either.....based off there previous release (jetwing prime dark version) which was 189.90 with the chromed out jetwing pack and buster which originally sold for like $90 i think....less than $150....im in....
Cheem The Rup
Less than $150 and I'll get it double too If more, I'll be happy with one copy
shibamura_prime
The new paint is pretty snazzy, but not snazzy enough for me to pay import prices for him again.
Starscream Gaga
Eeeh, I missed out on the first Striker so I may get this if postage doesn't make it too expensive.
All in a all I probably prefer my Buster though. The Buster cannon is a lot more impressive then the cannon Striker comes with.
daimchoc
jrxcombinetrain
YES,YES,YES,YES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I live in asia and I'll buy him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omega Charge
I kinda did like the dark grey in robot mode for the previous Striker, it really worked. But chrome is still pretty, and I don't have either Buster Prime or Striker Prime, so I may just get this one, which looks like both of them put together.

Hope the price is under 150 though. And hoping for some close up or in hand pics soon too.
suburbanzombie
As per usual, I have yet to see a movie Optimus Prime figure I am really happy with. They always have something about them that make me cringe.
adambman
I wonder how far this line will go if it is premium repaints/upgrades of DOTM releases; If I recall, the Movie Masterpiece line started and finished with Starscream and Bumblebee.

Perhaps in this case we might see a Leader Ironhide without the blue legs or Human Alliance Soundwave with an all over paint job. Other than that, nothing really jumps out, off the top of my head.
Arkitect76
I think the original and this have 2 distinct looks....which kinda merit having both...perhaps...lol
jru42287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkitect76 View Post
better be less than $150 and not no $149.99 either.....based off there previous release (jetwing prime dark version) which was 189.90 with the chromed out jetwing pack and buster which originally sold for like $90 i think....less than $150....im in....
Good luck. At $150, it'd be a steal. I'm guessing closer to $200.
Timesynch
Looks decent. I already have DOTM Buster Prime, DA-28 Striker Optimus (with the free TRU battle blades), DMK Optimus, and Takara Jetwing Optimus. Not sure I need this one but I'll wait for a price and better pictures before making a decision to buy or not.
artimus prime
I see no pinstriping. They've added chrome to the window shades and original grill. They've painted the fest silver. I want to know the price. My guess is $180.
Smasher
It looks straight up awesome, but I imagine the price will be outrageous.
Stepper
Chrome version of Optimus Prime is always a welcome for me.
megatroptimus
I only see silver paint. There's no chrome on that thing.
Jigga
Doesn't do much for me
Russian fan
Interesting in price.
Certainly no less than $ 200 ... And my wallet is empty.
Oh, why are they so hurt us?
Looks good, upper chest painted in red (which is not an ordinary leader class). Although a stealth-force I have not yet understood And blue seems really lighter than it should be. Although the swords are very beautiful... And I'm looking at a new Revoltech and... he has an ax...
miscreant
I think the bottom line for me is that there's nothing definitive, or even new here.

If there wasn't already a fairly steady stream of 'Premium' releases I might bite.

But there is, and I won't.

'
Lbsammills51
This is disappointing in the sense that I was assuming we'd get something different (new twist on the deco, the added weapon would be something other than the blades) but a relief as well for my bank account (I already have enough to worry about in late September/early October with Magnus/Unicron/Arms Master Optimus/Ironhide/Microns/King Ghidorah).

I already have a Buster and a Striker with the TRU battle blades. I may as well give my Buster the Striker weapons if I want to replicate this.

Still, hey, it's another chance at the Striker toy and weapons for those that missed out the first time around.
Underwear
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanzombie View Post
As per usual, I have yet to see a movie Optimus Prime figure I am really happy with. They always have something about them that make me cringe.
meh is such an overused term.

Meh
sideswipe29
I am so on the fence about this! I missed the first striker and now he is so expensive, and I want to get all of the additional swords and axe for him which brings the total cost to more than $200. This version looks so good, I absolutely love the chrome but I feel like it's price might not be worth it. One of my main fears is the chrome on the bottom of his feet getting scratched up, and right now I don't have enough space to make a proper display for him, so he'll end up in a box with the rest of my Transformers which will not be good for that chrome. I think he will be cheaper than a current striker but I'm not quite sold on this chrome..... Takara makes things so difficult.
Lbsammills51
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
I only see silver paint. There's no chrome on that thing.
Look at the vehicle mode pics. His grill appears to retain the chrome, as well as those little things as those little things above the windows.
ahro23
I want better pictures too but I'm pretty much all in for this guy . Time to flip my DOTM Buster Prime/Jetfire 2 pack
Optimus1116
Does anyone know what this is going for?
Sentinel
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambman View Post
I wonder how far this line will go if it is premium repaints/upgrades of DOTM releases; If I recall, the Movie Masterpiece line started and finished with Starscream and Bumblebee.

Perhaps in this case we might see a Leader Ironhide without the blue legs or Human Alliance Soundwave with an all over paint job. Other than that, nothing really jumps out, off the top of my head.
You remember correctly. I think this guy absolutely should have been in the Movie MP line and so should have the original Buster. Then follow this up with Sentinel and a properly colored Ironhide. Those I would have bought as well.
miscreant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Then follow this up with Sentinel and a properly colored Ironhide. Those I would have bought as well.
You know, the final product for leader Sentinel was really far off enough from the animation model, that i wouldn't be surprised if they're thinking about it.


And yeah, the odds of me buying it would be pretty good too.

Ironhide.... not so fussed.
Sentinel
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
You know, the final product for leader Sentinel was really far off enough from the animation model, that i wouldn't be surprised if they're thinking about it.


And yeah, the odds of me buying it would be pretty good too.

Ironhide.... not so fussed.
Really? The blue legs on Ironhide don't drive you nuts?

As far as Sentinel goes, I just added the Reprolabels set to him and he looks pretty well spot on to me now, but I would still probably buy a premium version.

Pricing for Prime should go up relatively soon if he is releasing on Sept 30th.
opt1musaber
I'd buy a new Ironhide, never liked them legs... As for this Prime, it's only good for people that missed/passed on the original Striker Prime, which is great for me.
bman29
Anybody know what the price for this is? Or if they or someone else will be selling just the add on pieces? The site doesn't seem to give pricing.
RedAlert Rescue
I do really like all this stuff but they don't always make enough of them to go on sale and the retail price is enough to cause a sharp intake of breath.

I am tempted though mainly as that Truck mode looks so darn bad-ass. but in the end i'll probably spend my money else where and only get this if I happen to trip over in when it's onsale - Nice toy at say 60.00 but UKretail is likely to be 100.00 so to much for a mould I already have several off - and a character i'm not especially fond of anyway (Murder-Prime).
Fort Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
Striker was never packaged with the blades. An Axe exists, although it's not Takara made.
Sweet, who makes the axe?
harrismonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
You remember correctly. I think this guy absolutely should have been in the Movie MP line and so should have the original Buster. Then follow this up with Sentinel and a properly colored Ironhide. Those I would have bought as well.
I have both MMP Starscream and BB (although I may get rid of BB at some point). Both have considerably more paint aps than Buster does. If Buster was truly a movie MP toy they'd probably paint him even further (which would be fine with me).

Continue: ASP-01 Striker Optimus Prime In Hand Images Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Big Bad Toy Store