Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Tyrese Gibson In Talks For Transformers 4

Posted on 10-07-2012 at 01:05 PM by SilverOptimus under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
Tyrese-Gibson-Robert-Epps-Transformers-4-TFW2005
Out of the human characters appeared on the movieverse, Tyrese Gibson’s character Robert Epps has always been a fan favorite. Despite his fellow cast members openly stating that they won’t be back for Transformers 4, Mr. Gibson always said he’d be delighted to come back.

And here he is… stating that he and Michael are in the talks for Transformers 4. Below is a rough transcript of what he said to Mobli.

“I don’t know… me and Michael Bay, we’ve been exchanging e-mails… I mean Text Messages and I just hope that it works out… I mean things fell apart with Megan Fox and so we had to do what we had to do to pick up the pieces and keep moving with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. And now things fell apart with Shia. Business is business I think. I think Shia has expressed his opinion. I think when you are associated with movie like Transformers other than the box-office sees you as an actor... a full-on actor, lot of people arguably can say they don’t take you serious… in this town called “Hollywood”... because the reason all these doing big is because of the robots, the big action and special effects and so in some capacity could diminish your value as an actor which you bring to the table. Even though it’s huge for your brand and your image and your celebrity around the world. But Shia is one of those real actors full-on real actors... whether gets an independent role where he just get paid Per diem or at some role he’s just passionate about and that he may do for free. As long as he gets associated with these heavy-weight actors… that’s the space he’s been. But for me I started this s*** with Shia, Josh, Michael Bay and the Team and sometimes you lose a team member. In my mind not be in a part with Transformers 4… if that’s even happening… it f**** me up. I’ll be honest… I love it. It was the childhood, movie, favorite of mine… you know I don’t really not wanna be a part of the franchise. Period. You know when you lose a team member sometimes you gotta keep going. Period.”
Views: 6,037 / Credit: MV95 of the 2005 Boards!
HoneyPrime
YES!!!!! Hope all goes well.
Arashistorm
f*ckin awesome! I remember a while back, Tyrese was talking about how he liked the movies because it could introduce new people to the franchise and whatnot. he seemed really genuine about his thoughts and seemed he wasnt just in them just because of the big money (although that's def a factor =P). So, add that to the fact that he was cool and hilarious--and YES I want him to return!
TFtoycollector
Hope he does come back. Epps is the best human character in these movies.
seeker311
god I hope not; 3 movies and only one of his lines had any contribution to the whole franchise...
FatalT 71
So much for a new direction.
Surge
Well...he is one of the best human characters, so this counts as good news to me atleast. I can't see why Bay wouldn't allow him to come back.
Starscream NZ
We're going in a totally different direction.....with the same damned cast.



I'll be honest and say if we have to have ANY over-lapping human characters, i'd prefer Lennox and Epps, but if we can keep the rest of the characters out of it that would be at least something. Yes, even Simmons. He was tiring and there's nothing more that they can really do with the character....
StayingInTheBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalT 71 View Post
So much for a new direction.
Looks like we can close this thread now. Everything that can be said has already been said
Composite Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream NZ View Post
We're going in a totally different direction.....with the same damned cast.



I'll be honest and say if we have to have ANY over-lapping human characters, i'd prefer Lennox and Epps, but if we can keep the rest of the characters out of it that would be at least something. Yes, even Simmons. He was tiring and there's nothing more that they can really do with the character....
I think they're bringing back Morshower.

If it were up to me Epps and Lennox would share the lead for the sequel. They earned it. And it would keep the plot in a military action oriented direction instead of the Sam Becomes A Man trilogy we just got.

And I agree they need to keep the number of returning characters to a minimum. No cameos by Mr and Mrs Witwicky. And definitely no Simmons.
Arashistorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker311 View Post
god I hope not; 3 movies and only one of his lines had any contribution to the whole franchise...
Which line was that?

And everyone calm down, he's only asking to be in the movie, not confirmed/signed yet, so there's still hope. But if the movie is taking a 'new direction' that could also mean some kind of timeskip...Tyrese/Epps being in it could still be possible. But like many have said, he was one of the characters that was likable, imo, so his return would be welcome.

"LEFT CHEEK, LEFT CHEEK!!!"
"Maaaaan, if you seen this sh*t!"
"Why do the Decepticons always get the good sh*t?!"

and the foreshadowing quote that could have went places but didn't:

"If god made us in his image, then who made them?"
Pun-3X
I'm all for Epps coming back. Even if it's just an appearance.
Dinobot Nuva
Love the one returning cast member = WHOLE DAMN CAST IS RETURNING logic reaching going on here. Its Tyrese, not Tyrese and everyone else haha.
Gingerchris
While I would've liked all-new humans, which I thought was what was reported a while back, Epps is one of the lesser-irritating human BayFormers characters so it's not disastrous news if he did return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalT 71 View Post
So much for a new direction
Every new TF4 news announcement now will be reporting something from the previous three BayFormers movies returning until everything is returning, even the dead characters.
Nevermore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Composite Ghost View Post
If it were up to me Epps and Lennox would share the lead for the sequel. They earned it.
Yup. Good, convincing performances for fairly realistic characters (especially compared to hyperactive Sam). Unlike Shia, neither Tyrese nor Duhamel annoyed me, I'd have no problem with seeing them again.
Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
Every new TF4 news announcement now will be reporting something from the previous three BayFormers movies returning until everything is returning, even the dead characters.
Well, Rosie wanted to come back. Shia probably will if the pay is good - even if he doesnt want to and heck all the Autobots and Decepticons can return whenever they choose they're just CGI models and half of them barely had voice actors.
Strafe
I like this Gibson fellow. He gets it.
Omega Charge
I'm for him coming back. He was one of the human characters I liked in the movies, along with Lennox, and I always did like how devoted he's been and hard he's worked.

Honestly, though I know it'd never happen, I think it'd be a good improvement if he took the human lead role.
Kaijumaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Composite Ghost View Post
I think they're bringing back Morshower.

If it were up to me Epps and Lennox would share the lead for the sequel. They earned it. And it would keep the plot in a military action oriented direction instead of the Sam Becomes A Man trilogy we just got.

And I agree they need to keep the number of returning characters to a minimum. No cameos by Mr and Mrs Witwicky. And definitely no Simmons.
Yeah I can agree with this, I remember YEARS ago when Gibson first got cast and they said "he didn't even have to audition...this role was written for him" and I thought "WHAT? who is this guy who just gets a role and Peter Cullen has to audition" but boy I ate those words. as TERRIBLE as those films were I have nothing bad to say about the characters of Lennox and Epps and look forward to seeing more of them....also (and I don't regret hearing it at all) when did we hear that things "fell apart" with Labouf?
Eric
Bad idea, Tyrese. Bad idea.
Slimaximus
Shia won't be missed
mirageandjazz11
wait there were 3 other movies already? i never heard of them until now
CrockAlley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrese
In my mind not be in a part with Transformers 4… if that’s even happening… it f**** me up. I’ll be honest… I love it. It was the childhood, movie, favorite of mine… you know I don’t really not wanna be a part of the franchise. Period.
God, Tyrese sounds emotionally dependent on these movies. I'm afraid of what he'll do if they don't bring him back.
MV95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirageandjazz11 View Post
wait there were 3 other movies already? i never heard of them until now
Nightrain
*facepalm*

More of the same.
daitarn red
i hope see dogs is humping in tf4
TylerMirage
Well, he's definitely one of the established movieverse humans who I don't mind returning. He always seems to show enthusiasm as well, so that's a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinobot Nuva View Post
Love the one returning cast member = WHOLE DAMN CAST IS RETURNING logic reaching going on here. Its Tyrese, not Tyrese and everyone else haha.
That's the fandom for ya'.

Also, inb4 the numerous Tyrese-related threads in the movie forum.

"Thoughts on Tyrese returning?"
"How do you feel that Tyrese is returning?"
"Tyrese is back, the movies are awful"
"Bay is a liar since Tyrese is returning"
"Favourite Epps moment?"
"Tyrese says he's back guise!"
"Tyrese, mind-controlled or not?"
Lazerwave
I don't care what actors are in this movie, all I care about is which robots are in the movie.
Nightrain
Tyrese is just the snowball rolling downhill that will eventually somehow engulf Shia and the parents and some hot chick and whoever and crush us all.
bignick1693
I don't mind if tyrese returns. I like his character a lot. It better then annoying Shia as Sam.
MV95
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post

Also, inb4 the numerous Tyrese-related threads in the movie forum.

"Thoughts on Tyrese returning?"
"How do you feel that Tyrese is returning?"
"Tyrese is back, the movies are awful"
"Bay is a liar since Tyrese is returning"
"Favourite Epps moment?"
"Tyrese says he's back guise!"
"Tyrese, mind-controlled or not?"
eagc7
Quote:
wait there were 3 other movies already? i never heard of them until now
*surprised face*

yes there were!, the first film was released in 2007, the second film in 2009, the third filmw as released last year
BumbleDeez
Might as well beg for a part. It's not like he's showing up in other blockbusters.
TylerMirage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleDeez View Post
Might as well beg for a part. It's not like he's showing up in other blockbusters.
The Fast and the Furious franchise says hi.
FatalT 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagc7 View Post
*surprised face*

yes there were!, the first film was released in 2007, the second film in 2009, the third filmw as released last year
You need to look up either "sarcasm" or "gullible" in the dictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daitarn red View Post
i hope see dogs is humping in tf4
You sick little monkey.
dragon
im all for what he said very few human charcters i like in trilogy epps, johs duhaml, morsharwer,
mirageandjazz11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalT 71 View Post
You need to look up either "sarcasm" or "gullible" in the dictionary.



You sick little monkey.
no i am serious i did not know there were 3 other movies no joke.
eagc7
Quote:
You need to look up either "sarcasm" or "gullible" in the dictionary.
the guy just confirmed he didnt knew there was other films.
FatalT 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirageandjazz11 View Post
no i am serious i did not know there were 3 other movies no joke.
Do you live under a rock, sir?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagc7 View Post
the guy just confirmed he didnt knew there was other films.
I stand corrected.
BumbleDeez
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
The Fast and the Furious franchise says hi.
Ah, forgot about those crap movies.
Ephland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinobot Nuva View Post
Love the one returning cast member = WHOLE DAMN CAST IS RETURNING logic reaching going on here. Its Tyrese, not Tyrese and everyone else haha.
It's not even that.... it's one cast member saying he hopes he gets to return, because of how much he loves the franchise. Yeah, between that and how he's actually done a terrific job so far, I can see how people are up in arms.
mirageandjazz11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalT 71 View Post
Do you live under a rock, sir?



I stand corrected.
they were movies? i thought they were crappy discovery channel stuff. i just goggled this......... bay he is................. an ice cream sandwich
fallen_revenge
It would be so cool if just him and Lennox come back that way all we see is the military and the Autobots go on aweosme missions and they just bash at each other! It will also add a more serious tone to the movie!
MV95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirageandjazz11 View Post
they were movies? i thought they were crappy discovery channel stuff. i just goggled this......... bay he is................. an ice cream sandwich
please stop acting like an idiot
FatalT 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirageandjazz11 View Post
they were movies? i thought they were crappy discovery channel stuff. i just goggled this......... bay he is................. an ice cream sandwich
Not sure if trolling....
Ironhide4
New direction, new cast, yeah that's been totally fucked out the window. Sick of bay at this point, get rid of bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thenames9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirageandjazz11 View Post
they were movies? i thought they were crappy discovery channel stuff. i just goggled this......... bay he is................. an ice cream sandwich
ssjkazer
Tyrese as main actor would be epic bring him back into nest.

character devolpment could be his character struggling with haveing to come out of retirement to help fight these new comers.

in fact thinking about it would be nice if they used nest again.

now alot of people are going to go hey new direction, well yeah they can now with out shia they get rid of that awakward acting.
eagc7
Quote:
New direction, new cast, yeah that's been totally fucked out the window. Sick of bay at this point, get rid of bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
actually bay havent contradicted himself, its Tyrese himself who wants to be in the film so badly. if Tyrese is in the film is because bay decided to do this favor to tyrese
Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker311 View Post
god I hope not; 3 movies and only one of his lines had any contribution to the whole franchise...
I can barely remember who he was let alone any lines he might have said... these films are so lacking that all i remember is ROTF sucked slightly worse than the other two films... can barely even remember who was in the films anymore :/

Continue: Tyrese Gibson In Talks For Transformers 4 Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Tempting Collectibles for Transformers and Godzilla