Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Age of Extinction 20 High-Res Stills

Posted on 06-24-2014 at 08:14 AM by Sol Fury under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
90pMlEK
Paramount has released 20 new stills from Transformers: Age of Extinction, covering a whole wide range of scenes from the movies. A couple of these stills might have material you could consider to be spoilers but there is nothing particularly spoiler heavy in there. Check them all out attached to this post. Original credit for sharing these with the world at large goes to Comic Book Movie.
Views: 6,591 / Credit: Scorpio of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Transformers Age of Extinction 20 High-Res Stills

6rXaDQ5
9VXMkBf
aIL4bio
drSm4Fi
eMGHowc
FjLEmHC
hLiGwYB
JoOpmMZ
k4VV81m
kVWjZ5R
mOt81ox
nIIo7OX
pQIGmL9
qig5ytI
RP1uP5u
RxvDi3T
u69SXgW
vRrrctH
XpmjM66
Lord Person
I saw Galvatron !
Music
Great find! And is that Lockdown's ship? It doesn't look as dated as it was claimed to be.

Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
Great find! And is that Lockdown's ship? It doesn't look as dated as it was claimed to be.

http://i.imgur.com/RP1uP5u.jpg
Thanks

Yes, it's Lockdowns ship and this is where Cade acquires the sword and where Optimus will acquire his sword and shield - note the wall behind showing some of the Cybertronian weapons that we saw earlier :3
Music
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Thanks

Yes, it's Lockdowns ship and this is where Cade acquires the sword and where Optimus will acquire his sword and shield - note the wall behind showing some of the Cybertronian weapons that we saw earlier :3
Yes, I remember and it looks like there will be two of those gun swords (clever dual purpose design by the way).

It was said that this ship used to be a Prime Exploration Vessel, though the red lasers and the polished weapons make the ship look recently developed. I know it's false, it simply appears that way.
TeeKay
You beat me to it Scorpio. Posted the my thread without realising yours was already posted. My bad. If I knew how to delete a thread, I'd delete mine.
Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
Yes, I remember and it looks like there will be two of those gun swords (clever dual purpose design by the way).

It was said that this ship used to be a Prime Exploration Vessel, though the red lasers and the polished weapons make the ship look recently developed. I know it's false, it simply appears that way.
Indeed

[spoilers]Its possible the ship is old and is not actually Lockdowns - probably something he has acquired over the years on his bounty hunting escapades. Lockdown has probably made his own adjustments to the ship - including the 'zoo' of species he has captured on his travels mentioned in the spoiler thread[/spoilers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
You beat me to it Scorpio. Posted the my thread without realising yours was already posted. My bad. If I knew how to delete a thread, I'd delete mine.
Tis fine - I did the same last time. We probably were writing these up around the same time
BluRayHiDef
One thing I hate about Optimus' new robot-mode is that it has no visible parts from his truck mode. He looks like a generic robot instead of a Transformer. Where are the wheels? Where are the windshields? Where is the grill?
Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRayHiDef View Post
One thing I hate about Optimus' new robot-mode is that it has no visible parts from his truck mode. He looks like a generic robot instead of a Transformer. Where are the wheels? Where are the windshields? Where is the grill?
I kind of agree, the lack of parts from the alt-mode is an issue also in my mind. I don't really like the design but with that being said I don't 'hate' the robot mode, I just find it a slight step-down from the more realistic looking robots of the prior films where we would see aspects of their alt-mode on their robot mode.

I do however understand that its to help both simplify the complexity of the CGI model while also portraying the characters more as aliens via them lacking human parts on them - hence emphasising Optimus's distance from humanity during the film... either that or someone said it looked cool

Though to each their own really as people will have varying opinions on the designs - and while I may not agree I do respect their points.
Megatronus209
Interesting seeing the back of Galvatrons body.
You can see that his Reactor thingy actually goes all the way through, and bits of the back of his head look really similar to that of the back of Megatrons head.
BluRayHiDef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
I kind of agree, the lack of parts from the alt-mode is an issue also in my mind. I don't really like the design but with that being said I don't 'hate' the robot mode, I just find it a slight step-down from the more realistic looking robots of the prior films where we would see aspects of their alt-mode on their robot mode.

I do however understand that its to help both simplify the complexity of the CGI model while also portraying the characters more as aliens via them lacking human parts on them - hence emphasising Optimus's distance from humanity during the film... either that or someone said it looked cool

Though to each their own really as people will have varying opinions on the designs - and while I may not agree I do respect their points.
His design in Dark of the Moon is his best one. You can see the doors and the windshields on his chest, as well as part of the truck's nose. You can also see the tires on his legs. Brilliant design.

Music
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Indeed

Its possible the ship is old and is not actually Lockdowns - probably something he has acquired over the years on his bounty hunting escapades. Lockdown has probably made his own adjustments to the ship - including the 'zoo' of species he has captured on his travels mentioned in the spoiler thread
A prison is unusual to have on an exploration ship so you're most likely right.
Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronus209 View Post
Interesting seeing the back of Galvatrons body.
You can see that his Reactor thingy actually goes all the way through, and bits of the back of his head look really similar to that of the back of Megatrons head.
Huh, didn't notice that originally, pretty cool :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRayHiDef View Post
His design in Dark of the Moon is his best one. You can see the doors and the windshields on his chest, as well as part of the truck's nose. You can also see the tires on his legs. Brilliant design.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...oe-ooooooo.jpg
I agree, however along with the other reasons I mentioned - in order to include a larger scale of Transformers and more action scenes for a cheaper budget - they reduced the complexity of the robots via reducing number of visible alt-mode parts.

People will have varying opinions on the designs though - and if they like the new design then that's alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
A prison is unusual to have on an exploration ship so you're most likely right.
Eh, if it isn't explained in the movie just go with that as head-canon
Pinky Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRayHiDef View Post
His design in Dark of the Moon is his best one. You can see the doors and the windshields on his chest, as well as part of the truck's nose. You can also see the tires on his legs. Brilliant design.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...oe-ooooooo.jpg
Where's the end of people complaining about these designs? It's Michael Bay, stop expecting it to be like the original series. Yes, they don't have the car parts but they still look pretty freakin' awesome. Things change over 30 years, accept it and move on.
kjeevahh
Can you please stop using spoiler tags? Having to tap them all is a pain. Read the sticky post from the site owner, this a spoiler forum, spoiler tags are not supposed to be used, you're meant to assume that every post in the movie forum contains spoilers
TheChemist
What is the thing in Cades hand in the runningpicture?
Ironhide1234
Mint! I still don't understand why Lockdown would have such a small sword/gun that is big enough for a human to hold? Can it fit in a Transformers hand?
Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeevahh View Post
Can you please stop using spoiler tags?
Small note; you can just highlight them or move the mouse over them, you don't need to click them.

People complained last time and in order to avoid spoiling it for others - As not everyone would be expecting spoilers in a thread just posting some Hi-res images - I shall continue with the spoilers when discussing aspects that could potentially ruin the movie for people. Mostly to avoid people bitching about me spoiling aspects of the movie for them. Its a precautionary measure.

Example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x_WUb68RQo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky Prime View Post
Where's the end of people complaining about these designs?
People will have their own opinions on the designs and others will have varying opinions, no need to start on anyone for voicing their thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChemist View Post
What is the thing in Cades hand in the runningpicture?
If you mean the image with Lucas, Tessa and Cade... I've no idea, no reviewer has mentioned it :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide1234 View Post
I still don't understand why Lockdown would have such a small sword/gun that is big enough for a human to hold? Can it fit in a Transformers hand?
I suppose that might just be a slight situation of convenience however Transformers sizes do vary and 'Alice' in ROTF proved that human sized Transformers do exist. Its also possible that the sword/gun didn't originally belong to a Transformer.
Achilles1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide1234 View Post
Mint! I still don't understand why Lockdown would have such a small sword/gun that is big enough for a human to hold? Can it fit in a Transformers hand?
maybe he was pretenders working for him... or maybe it is a quintesson weapon... for the tentacles...


and hey, there are two sword guns! shane and cade both have one...
I already thought about it, but now I am sure
Retro Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
Great find! And is that Lockdown's ship? It doesn't look as dated as it was claimed to be.

http://i.imgur.com/RP1uP5u.jpg
Lockdown being the defiling ass-nugget probably upgraded it to his own liking, then again he never gave a damn about the war at all so I think he would care less if it was a prime vessel
Bumblebee1516
Did anyone else notice that in the image of Bumblebee firing the missiles that Optimus is in his truck mode over his right shoulder (left side since he's upside-down)?

Anyhow, cool images!

Continue: Transformers Age of Extinction 20 High-Res Stills Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
TFSource.com