Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers 4 will be in 3D

Posted on 03-26-2013 at 07:07 PM by Sol Fury under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
Transformers4DecepticonLogo
Michael Bay's official Twitter account has tweeted a confirmation that Transformers 4 will be filmed in 3D. This confirms what many of us probably already took for granted, after Dark of the Moon proved to be a veritable tour de force of what 3D can do; however to have it confirmed by the man himself is always reassuring.
Views: 4,873 / Credit: VaderPrime1 of the 2005 Boards!
fake
awesome sauce. Really enjyed 3 in 3D, on my home TV!
barrelks
Good, while I haven't seen a ton of movies in 3D, that was one thing that I think Bay did really well in TF3, and it was pretty impressive.
Shin-Gouki
Oh Goodie. Still only seeing it in 2-D
Bumblethumper
There are types of films that really benefit from the technology and transformers is one of them.

Certain shots in DOTM were just mind-bogglingly good in 3d.
dragon
had no choice to see 3 in 3d after 4rth time i was impressed by it being in 3d but i will still number 4 in 2d 3d still not thing very overrated now jurrasic park 1 is going 3d same with starwars episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6
barrelks
^Yea, but there seems to be huge difference between converted 3D and filmed in 3D (at least on the few things I have seen in each).

For me, I was sold when they rolled up on the Wreckers working on the spaceship and the depth it really added in that scene.
TylerMirage
Providing it's being filmed in "true" 3D, then I'm all for it. A franchise like Transformers is made for 3D.

I still like a good 2D version as well, especially since a lot of people don't care for 3D or don't handle it well, I think having both methods is beneficial.
Starscreamownz
Considering 3D forces Bay to pay more attention to the duration and kinetic energy of the shots I'm all for it. DOTM had some of the best cinematography in the trilogy I've ever seen.
fallen_revenge
Glad they chose 3D, again
ErbFan28
Damn it, I hate 3D. Will definitely see it in 2D.
KnightHawkke
Well, that was one good thing about 3, the 3d was really good, though OZ blew it away, lets see if Bay can top it again.
moreprimeland
Enjoyed DOTM in 3D, sure I'll enjoy this one too.
Shinobitron
Ugh . . .I seen 3 in 3D and came away with a migraine.
Doug
In a way I'm surprise that Bay will do the fourth one in 3D. I remember he was against filming DOTM in 3D, but it wasn't his call.
Waverider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
In a way I'm surprise that Bay will do the fourth one in 3D. I remember he was against filming DOTM in 3D, but it wasn't his call.
Where did you here that from? I remember him lashing out against the critics of him filming DOTM in 3D.
Noideaforaname
That's cool. DotM has been the best use of 3D I've seen (not that there's been much competition...), TF4 should make great use of it too.
bellpeppers
Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
awesome sauce. Really enjyed 3 in 3D, on my home TV!
Me too!
Great news.
LegendAntihero
I'll pay the extra money for 3D twice and see it in 2D every other time.
OwlLasers
...but will it be good?
electronic456
the 3D is something I trust mostly when I watch the movies.
Oracle_Aesir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobitron View Post
Ugh . . .I seen 3 in 3D and came away with a migraine.
maybe you should see a doctor/optician then?
Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider View Post
Where did you here that from? I remember him lashing out against the critics of him filming DOTM in 3D.
I've read it somewhere on some movie website around three years ago. Bay said the 3D camera were too bulky to work with.
Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendAntihero View Post
I'll pay the extra money for 3D twice and see it in 2D every other time.
I get the feeling that this is the reason we have this 3D gimmick - people actually thinking the 3D is worth you paying extra. Its the same damn film, pay the same damn price as the 2D version for gods sake.
Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I've read it somewhere on some movie website around three years ago. Bay said the 3D camera were too bulky to work with.
Yh, I read that also, he hated 3D around the time of ROTF he stated he loathed 3D films and would never make Transformers 3D. Then in DOTM he stated he was forced to do it and was glad he didn't have to do another because he hated how the camera's were so annoyingly expensive and wouldn't get the shots he wanted.
TigerBlade
Shocker........not.

Like I said in another thread to the 3D haters......I'd understand their venom if it was exclusively in 3D.....it isn't so why not chill the fuck out and let those that actually wanna see it in 3D enjoy it whilst you go and watch the 2D version?

Win/win wouldn't you say?
Omnius
Not a huge shock, and I don't mind really, as DOTM was one of the few 3D films I've seen that actually used it to good effect (ie, adding depth to scenes rather than throwing stuff in your phase and yelling "Hey, look what we can do with 3D just for the sake of it!").
bellpeppers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
Shocker........not.

Like I said in another thread to the 3D haters......I'd understand their venom if it was exclusively in 3D.....it isn't so why not chill the fuck out and let those that actually wanna see it in 3D enjoy it whilst you go and watch the 2D version?

Win/win wouldn't you say?
Yeah, I don't get it either.
It's simply not enough to say "I don't like it" or "It's not for me"- which is fine and respectable.

But they have to bitch and moan and caterwaul... make up medical conditions over something they can choose to not see for less money.

Here's what they are really saying: "boo-hoo... someone else gets to see it in 3D".

If you don't like it, that's fine. Just quit trying to kill it for everyone else.
PrimulArchangel
3D movies blow, why do they continue to do this. They suck even worse if the watcher wears prescription glasses. I was out voted by friends for TF3 and had to see it in 3D and it gave me a massive headache and the glasses didn't work right because I already wear glasses.. The only great 3D is shit you see at like Disney world and stuff. The crap that is shown in the theaters just sucks.

And those that say go see it in 2D , its NOT so easy when the local places only get the 3D versions and the 2D versions are show way out of town...
rosewater
It should be filmed in 4D.
JetFormers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Yh, I read that also, he hated 3D around the time of ROTF he stated he loathed 3D films and would never make Transformers 3D. Then in DOTM he stated he was forced to do it and was glad he didn't have to do another because he hated how the camera's were so annoyingly expensive and wouldn't get the shots he wanted.
Whats funny is that in the behind scenes..Is that he states because the camera were so big he had to slow down shots and make a couple of things slow pace, with that being his first time doing slow pace shots since he was so used to high action fast camera movements.
Autovolt 127
If Bay doesn't like 3D so much why doesn't he put his foot down like Christopher Nolan did on the Dark Knight Rises. the studios probably listen to Bay since he makes money?
bellpeppers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle_Aesir View Post
maybe you should see a doctor/optician then?
This. Seriously.
Migraines are serious business... and if someone starts to have them then they should seek medical advice immediately.

Have to make sure you don't have a tumor.
Megastar
Of course it's gonna be in 3D, everything else is.
TylerMirage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
If Bay doesn't like 3D so much why doesn't he put his foot down like Christopher Nolan did on the Dark Knight Rises. the studios probably listen to Bay since he makes money?
Probably because he doesn't truly hate 3D, at least not that much.
Gingerchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Probably because he doesn't truly hate 3D, at least not that much
I think he likes money more than he hates 3D. As such it makes sense to him to stick with 3D.
megatroptimus
Should have been 4D.
TylerMirage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
I think he likes money more than he hates 3D. As such it makes sense to him to stick with 3D.
That's actually a really good way of putting it.

But on a more serious note, given that Bay seems to be a stubborn jack@$$ (take that as good or bad), he strikes me as the kind of person that if he truly honestly and wholly hates something, no amount of money would make him do it. He would put his foot down and say 'no' if he really wanted to and nothing would change that. But seeing as how he did end up doing a lot of things that he seemed adverse to previously, it makes me think that a lot of his "absolute"-talk is just that: talk. "I don't like 3D!" ... *tries 3D* "Hey, 3D isn't so bad."
TigerBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellpeppers View Post
Here's what they are really saying: "boo-hoo... someone else gets to see it in 3D".
Yup this is the bottom line in a nutshell.

Continue: Transformers 4 will be in 3D Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Hobby Link Japan