Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers 4 To Begin Filming May 2013

Posted on 12-15-2012 at 01:40 PM by ORIO under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
Logo
The Transformers Live Action Movie Blog is reporting that Transformers 4 will begin shooting in May 2013. This information comes via a Collider interview with Transformers 4 lead actor, Mark Wahlberg. Mark also goes into a little bit of detail on how him and Michael Bay ended up working together for the project:

“That’s why Transformers came about, because we had such a great time working together [on Pain and Gain]. We kind of complemented each other throughout the entire process, what he does and what I do and what we were able to do together, and then after that I was like ‘Dude we gotta work together again,’ and he was like, ‘Well I got a project, you interested?’ (laughs)”

“We’re shooting Transformers in May, and then I believe we’re gonna do Ted 2 right after. They’re working on it now and we’ve kind of gone through the negotiation process. The great thing about it is Seth’s ideas for the second one are sick. He comes from the world of episodic television so he knows how to tell the stories, man, in a way that most people don’t, like for instance The Italian Job we’ve been trying to do the sequel for 10 years. He’s a different kind of guy.”


You can view the interview with Mark from Collider at the link above.
Views: 4,031 / Credit: eagc7 of the 2005 Boards!
dirtweed
Isn't it sad.....I'm more excited that they will be making a Ted 2 then I am for a TF4.
AutobotMechanic
I know the hate will spew shortly, but I enjoy the movies and I'm excited for the new one to start filming.
eagc7
same here
Starscreamownz
I'm going to say this before the pessimists start spewing their liquid anguish everywhere:

Good news. I enjoyed Ted and can't wait for the sequel. TF4 is good news too. Sad though, yes, That I'm more interested in Ted 2 then TF4.
Arashistorm
eh to Ted 2, really excited for TF4! Being in the theatres to see the movies go down when tey first come out is a big part of what makes em awesome. Really interested in seeing where the tale goes too
Digilaut
Arghhh, May is a horrible month to start shooting!! This movie will suck!!1
Pcm979
I'm a liquid anguishate-spewing pessimist and I'm looking forward to this movie!
MV95
Doesn't filming usually start around March? I wonder why it's so late.
Firestar84
I think I'm more in the 'acceptance of disappointment' category because expecting a good script/story would be expecting something contrary to what he's already delivered in T1-3... Not saying all of it was bad. Just a good part of it. So, I'll still see it when the DVD releases. That way I can scan through all the "human" parts of the film that don't contribute to the over-all story-arc, which will be about 75% of the movie (if it follows the T1-3 models) and enjoy the remaining 25% (hopefully there'll be at least that much, any less... blech) minutes of 'Bots. Sigh.

Perhaps things would be better if Hasbro had their own studio and could have more creative control from folks who actually 'care' about the franchise as well as wanting to make money. Could be wrong, shrug... studios are studios and execs are execs...

Don't particularly want to be flamed for an opinion and I'm certainly not diss'ing anyone... just in case someone's thinking of aiming in this direction.
Autovolt 127
Ugh...I just wish they weren't bothering at all.
TheDemonDzko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Ugh...I just wish they weren't bothering at all.
This. One hundred times, this.

Honestly, at first I thought this was all some sick joke. That Mr.Bay and company where just doing this as an late April Fools day joke.

Though, then again... I can't really be mad either.

If I'm not mistaken, after the first movie was done. Bay did announce at some point he wanted to make this a seven movie series.

If that holds true though? I'm done. If only they would just reboot the movies with a different staff.


This summer...

a Kevin Smith, and Quintin Tarantino megablock buster hit!!!

THE TRANSFORMERS


"Sam, do you think that if I wore a Kryptoni---"

Ok... that would be a terrible idea... but. Still, different hands are needed.
electronic456
Please Bay......... Make some good changes to the robots and please don't attempt to put in some of that silly humour. Ted 2? Well I think you'll be good at directing that.
Pcm979
For better or for worse, multiple world-record-breaking box office takes are not going to convince Hasbro execs to take the series away from Bay. In fact, they'd be terrible, terrible businessmen if they did. The franchise will move on either when Bay does, or the movies stop making money. Whichever happens first.

Furthermore, despite the overwhelmingly negative reviews people turned out for 1-3 in droves. That makes me expect that 4's gonna make a mint based on that alone, meaning that any bad press won't kick in until 5 at the earliest.

Speaking of 5, has there been any clarification on whether it's being filmed back-to-back with 4 yet? Last I heard on that was something Glenn Morshower said.
Dinodigger97
Ted 2? Really?
phoenix88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobotMechanic View Post
I know the hate will spew shortly, but I enjoy the movies and I'm excited for the new one to start filming.
I would agree with this. I dig ROTF in spite of all its flaws and i found DOTM to be a much better film, albeit still flawed, than a lot of people thought
dragon
i hate football stop & go stuff but invincible he was i really enjoyed, sme with shooter some of comedys he was i didint really care for other guys to name one, forogt itialn job
TFW10
Thanks for the information.

I have mixed feelings on this TF4 movie, part of me is excited the other half is like meh, I guess so.

I think May is a little too late for the movie to being shooting.
Krueger
There are loads of "blockbusters" coming out in the summer of 2014. TF4 is about half way down my list of "Most Anticipated". I will watch it, of course, but there are a load of other films I would rather watch before. Saying that, depending on what I'm seeing and hearing, it may move up or down the list.

The only thing that makes me interested is how everyone is saying it will have a different feel. However, at the end of the day, Michael Bay is only capable of making a Michael Bay film. I will be shocked if it is truly different in any way. A change of actors or even the designs of the bots isn’t enough to give it a different feel.

Basically, keep an eye on who they cast. With Michael Bay films that is the biggest indicator of what type of film is going to be delivered. If you see someone joining the cast who only plays one type of role or who has done a lot of comedy in the past, for example, then you know what we’re going to get.
bumblebeeprime2
does any body knows any solid leads on which location there fimilng and which characters (robot ) are they puting in?
jazzgirl84
I'm excited! I've enjoyed all the movies thus far, can't help but be excited!
Cyber-Scream
That's cool. I guess.
N7 Shadowstrike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestar84 View Post
I think I'm more in the 'acceptance of disappointment' category because expecting a good script/story would be expecting something contrary to what he's already delivered in T1-3...
There never ever will be a "good script". Creating a script that the fans consider "good" is not physically possible for anybody on this planet.

All there will be is another awesome Transformers movie that will rake in billions $$$ that the fans will go see multiple times & crap all over. Just because they NEED to bitch, moan & complain about something. It used to be "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything!" but modern society has changed that into "don't say anything good! Ever! Be a dick & hate everything!"
Shinobitron
I got this odd feeling that filming in may equals lets get the cast together and wing it! After that they CGI the bots in and try to make up some lame story. When about complete the actors come back for some mild filler (maybe not even as Bay doesn't notice plot holes). Then finally BB and Op toys fill the shelves to sit for another 2 years!
G1DeadEnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobitron View Post
I got this odd feeling that filming in may equals lets get the cast together and wing it! After that they CGI the bots in and try to make up some lame story. When about complete the actors come back for some mild filler (maybe not even as Bay doesn't notice plot holes). Then finally BB and Op toys fill the shelves to sit for another 2 years!
That's an interesting hypothesis, wanna read mine?

May as the start of TF4's shooting schedule could mean: less human element, more robot on robot dialogue, or action scenes.

I've said this somewhere before. If they diminish the shooting/location budget (for example shoot only enough material for a 30-40 minute movie with live actors) they could use the money saved on creating completely CGI scenes (still directed by Bay though) like the one in ROTF, where Megatron goes to see the Fallen in the Nemesis.

A 2.5 hour live action movie cost, includes all of the assistants, and locations, and scouting, and long hours of shooting (tons of people getting paid at the same time). Then there isn't as much to spend on the effects. Especially when someone decides to make a MEGAROBOT that seizes ILM's rendering farm (devastator, driller).

Bay likes to work fast, and sometimes people can't keep up with his speed. When he directed the afromentioned scene in ROTF he was on a virtual set, with this special virtual camera rig. There he could go as quickly as his little-explosion-loving-heart desired.

I'm not saying that's what will happen, but perhaps if it were, it could be the reason for a relatively late filming start, in other words, there isn't that much real world shooting to do in the first place. The rest of the "shooting" could simply be done at Bay's own leisure, without the constraints of schedules that normal movies require.

Color me hopeful because it would warrant MOAR robot time, and certainly a different feel to boot.
QLRformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by N7 Shadowstrike View Post
There never ever will be a "good script". Creating a script that the fans consider "good" is not physically possible for anybody on this planet.

All there will be is another awesome Transformers movie that will rake in billions $$$ that the fans will go see multiple times & crap all over. Just because they NEED to bitch, moan & complain about something. It used to be "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything!" but modern society has changed that into "don't say anything good! Ever! Be a dick & hate everything!"
This is true, more or less. But I have to admit, the sequels did not really deliver in terms of storytelling. I thought ROTF was nice in having more robots and a more epic scale, but I wish it had been done better. DOTM I couldn't stand with the exception of Sentinel Prime and the Highway Battle; too many humans, and a total clusterfrag of my favourite robots (Soundwave, Starscream, Megatron, Optimus, Ironhide).

We can't expect a good story, just good action and incredible VFX. Which I suppose is all we watch TF for. But still, I hope they can come up with a better story that gives more screentime to the robots, in terms of characterization/development as well as fights. It may sound impossible, but I hope it can happen.
Repainted
I'd rather hear more about Transformers 4 than the unoriginal thought process of the guy who keeps making slightly different clones of "The Simpsons."
Duneraker05
They better have Grimlock and the Dinobots in there. lol
EnerJohn
Lol! I always joked about Bay and McFarlane working together...but on a transformers film..
EnerJohn
honestly, most people don't care anymore about transformers movies. They know what they're getting. Every other film in Hollywood is a cookie cutter of the film before it. Bay is only considered the greatest action director because I was NEVER given the chance!
eagc7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duneraker05 View Post
They better have Grimlock and the Dinobots in there. lol
bay hates them
Scorpio
TF4 no longer interest me. Still have'nt seen the first 'ted' film however i have a feeling the second will be the same level of trash as the first one looked in the trailers.
Necro Prime
Well, now I get to look forward to both TF4 and Ted 2. } : >
Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJohn View Post
Lol! I always joked about Bay and McFarlane working together...but on a transformers film..
The only way that should ever happen is only if Seth can voice some characters since his range is incredible.
Pcm979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
The only way that should ever happen is only if Seth can voice some characters since his range is incredible.
Maybe he could write the 'funny human' scenes, because this is the one occasion I can think of where a blockbuster action film's tone and class could be raised with Family Guy-esque humour.
dirtweed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repainted View Post
I'd rather hear more about Transformers 4 than the unoriginal thought process of the guy who keeps making slightly different clones of "The Simpsons."
Funny I've always thought that the Simpsons ripped off the Flintstones.
openchallenge
How in the world could anyone care about a Bay script? Character who died last film walks up and rolls shoulders a couple times which totally acknowledges and explains everything. It's sign language for the director not thinking he would get asked back, ends the story line, runs away yelling "I quit!" and gets asked to come back and act like the story line wasn't finished. These movies are such a thick crust of stupid. They're not painful to watch but do not hold water at all.
MV95
Quote:
Originally Posted by openchallenge View Post
How in the world could anyone care about a Bay script? Character who died last film walks up and rolls shoulders a couple times which totally acknowledges and explains everything. It's sign language for the director not thinking he would get asked back, ends the story line, runs away yelling "I quit!" and gets asked to come back and act like the story line wasn't finished. These movies are such a thick crust of stupid. They're not painful to watch but do not hold water at all.
It seems like you posted in the wrong thread, dude. This is about a Wahlberg interview, not the fake leaked script.
Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtweed View Post
Funny I've always thought that the Simpsons ripped off the Flintstones.
And the Flintstones ripped off the Honeymooners.
Kurnaxs
I'm going to try not to get hyped up about it. I'm going to keep my expectations low so that I wont be too disappointed with it, if it sucks that is.
Albershide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
TF4 no longer interest me.
OK, why do you post on the movie section then?
Repainted
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtweed View Post
Funny I've always thought that the Simpsons ripped off the Flintstones.
Except the Simpsons was always set in a modern timeline with a larger cast of characters and different family structures and not a gimmicky hybrid of phases from the distant past.
LegendAntihero
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtweed View Post
Isn't it sad.....I'm more excited that they will be making a Ted 2 then I am for a TF4.
Ted 2? That film is wasted potential. Ted could've done funny like sit on store shelves asking kids to buy him or complain about having a price tag stapled to his hand. (I remember there was a book and live action movie about a bear in a toy store but it didn't use my idea).
dirtweed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repainted View Post
Except the Simpsons was always set in a modern timeline with a larger cast of characters and different family structures and not a gimmicky hybrid of phases from the distant past.
I was thinking more like the Flintstones was the first cartoon that was family entertainment and not just for kids and for the young ones that were not around then the Flintstones were first aired in a prime time slot and not on Sat. morning. The Flintstones were also the longest running cartoon ever until the Simpsons eventually made more. Doesn't Homer and Fred both have a best friend named Barny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendAntihero View Post
Ted 2? That film is wasted potential. Ted could've done funny like sit on store shelves asking kids to buy him or complain about having a price tag stapled to his hand. (I remember there was a book and live action movie about a bear in a toy store but it didn't use my idea).
It kind of sounds like you didn't see the movie. Ted came alive by a boy's x-mas wish why would he be alive sitting in a toy store? If Toy Story taught us anything it's toys don't come alive until they are taken out of the package. Ted did ask his girlfriend to stick her finger inside the the loop of his tag during sex.(priceless) or how about when he said that he has written so many angry letters to Hasbro for making him without a penis. (hilarious) I'll amid I was a little surprised to hear a few Family Guy jokes rehashed into Ted and if you didn't grow up in the 80's you would have missed quite a few of the jokes and everyone is entitled to there own opinion but Ted was funny. Laugh out loud funny. Ted 2 will be funnier. All the TF live action movies so far have been "disappointing". So will TF4. Just because something makes a lot of money doesn't mean it's good. One of the greatest examples of that is the pet rock. One that same note just because something didn't make a lot of money doesn't make it bad.

Continue: Transformers 4 To Begin Filming May 2013 Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey