Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers 4 may film in China

Posted on 11-16-2012 at 03:13 PM by Sol Fury under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
8168256035_1d904dc375_z_1352428764_1352986805
Entertainment site Vulture reports that their inside sources close to the Transformers 4 production team are informing them that Transformers 4 may film in China, and may even be co-produced between Michael Bay's production company and a Chinese partner company. The basis of the report is an increasing desire for US made films to make it in the notoriously tough Chinese box office. The article also includes a statement from Paramount, stating that "the script is still being written" and "it is not a Chinese co-production", so make of it all what you will.

It's not impossible that China may be involved in Transformers 4 in some way - after all, we have reports that London may have some location filming and that Bangkok is being considered. For now, take this as a rumor - albeit one that would make good financial sense should it play out.
Views: 2,476 / Credit: ken8kuhletz08 of the 2005 Boards!
Autovolt 127
Man Bay wants to go out and see the world this time.
MV95
Bay must've enjoyed filming in China for TF2.
miscreant
Let the record show i said something cynical about their motivations.
Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV95 View Post
Bay must've enjoyed filming in China for TF2.
I thought that was filmed somewhere in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh?
TFXProtector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
I thought that was filmed somewhere in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh?
Allentown, near Philly.
MV95
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFXProtector View Post
Allentown, near Philly.
huh. Learned something new today lol
LegendAntihero
If he wants to film in China to save money on actors, someone tell him I would volunteer if I was paid in movie merchandise.
Onslaught24
hey, maybe we'll see Prime with his Year of the Dragon trailer. or maybe he'll be disguised as a dragon
Ash from Carolina
Given the ever expanding market for films in China I could see why Paramount would want an edge over other studios for part of that market.
Macross7
Calling it now: Autobots racing along the Great Wall of China as Decepticons blast the crap out of it.
Dolza_Khyron
so it is tokyo drift, in china, with transformers?

and how does little miss high school girl fit into this? is she visiting china? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macross7 View Post
Calling it now: Autobots racing along the Great Wall of China as Decepticons blast the crap out of it.
and china will complain. AGAIN!
iconbot
Why not! Everything else in this world (including Transformers) is made in China...why not a Transformers movie.
Arashistorm
So until the movie comes out, it's just going to be months and months of 'TF4 to film here'? I like it and all but this is really making me wonder what's gonna happen in the movie, I'm kinda excited and kinda disappointed, since if they DO film in all these locations, we'll only see glimpses of them most likely--like, all over the world scenes. Kinda when the pillars were activated in DOTM (we see random cons activating them in places around the world).
QLRformer
China's got a lot of locations to film in: cities, seasides, forests, mountains... and deserts.

This should be good. As long as MBay doesn't do something like filming in the Gobi.
Scorpio
How about this for a plot; Decepticons reborn in China (They have an energy source powerful enough to ressurect any dead Transformer) Decepticons plan on stealing that and ressurecting their fallen comrades
Ash from Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by QLRformer View Post
China's got a lot of locations to film in: cities, seasides, forests, mountains... and deserts.

This should be good. As long as MBay doesn't do something like filming in the Gobi.
Perhaps even a nod to Transformers Prime with that location in China that the cartoon loves to use. Animated the location looks pretty cool but CGI just can't capture how cool the place looks in photos or high definition video.
jackgaughan
I thought the fourth was going to be about a new group of Autobot's in space, or I am remembering something, that never happened? Anyway, be cool to see what they do in China.
daitarn red
china wall in 1st tf movie too
TylerMirage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macross7 View Post
Calling it now: Autobots racing along the Great Wall of China as Decepticons blast the crap out of it.


I'd pay good money to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashistorm View Post
So until the movie comes out, it's just going to be months and months of 'TF4 to film here'? I like it and all but this is really making me wonder what's gonna happen in the movie, I'm kinda excited and kinda disappointed, since if they DO film in all these locations, we'll only see glimpses of them most likely--like, all over the world scenes. Kinda when the pillars were activated in DOTM (we see random cons activating them in places around the world).
We've had news of what, two or three filming locations? You do realize that movies can film in half-a-dozen places and still have key points take place in all of them, right?
Noideaforaname
I'm assuming by "set in China" they mean "have a short Autobot-VS-Decepticon fight scene in China to open the movie with." Y'know, like what RotF had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackgaughan View Post
I thought the fourth was going to be about a new group of Autobot's in space, or I am remembering something, that never happened? Anyway, be cool to see what they do in China.
There was mention of a new cast and wanting to go into space, but that almost certainly means "Optimus and Bumblebee have new Autobot allies and there's some scenes set off Earth", which is basically what happened in RotF and DotM. No crazy space operas featuring Rodimus Prime's or Optimus Primal's crews.
TFfan08
Probably for the sake of money and not for the sake of the story.
Only good thing about TF4 is Mark Wahlberg
divinecomedy
The Great Wall was built by Cybertronians, and if you expose it to the Matrix, it transforms into Unicron.

See I too can make a script. It's non sensical given Unicron's aversion to the Matrix, but that's one way you combine China, Transformers, the Matrix and Unicron.
Brooklynwolf
Seeing as how people in china are batshit insane for the TF movies, not a big surprise there.

This means that this movie will make even more bank at the WWBO.
moreprimeland
Hopefully, it will just be one of many locations. TF's get to go around the world and destroy parts of it...again.
ken8kuhletz08
I hope they include cameo appearance of 'Battleship' in TF4 (or at least some references to said movie).
moreprimeland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken8kuhletz08 View Post
I hope they include cameo appearance of 'Battleship' in TF4 (or at least some references to said movie).
Or maybe 'find' a couple of leftover aliens.
FMA1987
They need to film in Japan haha there goes something else that is made in china haha....seriously I hope this movie does well.
Stepper
Let Optimus prime fight on great wall of China, sweet
Grimwing
Sounds like a good setting. At least were getting away from Nascar.
MV95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimwing View Post
Sounds like a good setting. At least were getting away from Nascar.
It still doesn't change the fact that a lead character is a race car driver.
Timesynch
[insert clever socio-economic/political jab at China here]

Exotic locales are nice but it's not like this hasn't been done before with the opening action scene being shot in Shanghai for ROTF. I'd prefer less an emphasis on globe-hopping for the sake of globe-hopping and more on getting together a coherent script together.
MV95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesynch View Post
[insert clever socio-economic/political jab at China here]

Exotic locales are nice but it's not like this hasn't been done before with the opening action scene being shot in Shanghai for ROTF. I'd prefer less an emphasis on globe-hopping for the sake of globe-hopping and more on getting together a coherent script together.
It was shot in Pennsylvania.
Timesynch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV95 View Post
It was shot in Pennsylvania.
I suppose there's irony in this if they shot in China only to have that scene look like it was set in Pennsylvania.
STRONTY
'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings'.
Ash from Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreprimeland View Post
Hopefully, it will just be one of many locations. TF's get to go around the world and destroy parts of it...again.
Wasn't there a story not too long ago about possible filming in London so it's looking like we might be getting a good deal of globe hopping for the 4th. Just something rather cool about shooting locations world wide for the big films rather than recreating the locations digitally. Sort of travel and explosions all in the same film.
Hosta
btw when does the filming start? coz someone usually posts those on YouTube.
Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash from Carolina View Post
Perhaps even a nod to Transformers Prime with that location in China that the cartoon loves to use. Animated the location looks pretty cool but CGI just can't capture how cool the place looks in photos or high definition video.
Actually I'm sure that place your thinking of actually takes place somewhere in Eastern Russia.
faustx
Yeah, expect more Chinese releases...
Rattrap587
Can be filmed in Saturn... Im out of Bayformers. I gave up this mess.

Continue: Transformers 4 may film in China Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey