Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers 3 Filming Ends In Mid-October?

Posted on 09-06-2010 at 09:44 PM by SilverOptimus under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
Transformers-3-logo2
Transformers 3 Producer Don Murphy over at his Message Boards stated that Transformers 3 filming is scheduled to end in 6 weeks time.

According to News 13...
“Production crews and film stars will soon transform Brevard County and the Kennedy Space Center into a Hollywood Studio. Director Michael Bay will begin shooting portions of "Transformers 3" on the Space Coast in mid-to-late September. The Space Coast Film Commission told News 13 production specialists may begin arriving as early as next week to begin preparations.”

As for the Washington D.C Filming...
"Kathy Hollinger, director of the D.C. Office of Motion Picture and Television Development, told POLITICO Thursday that the film is now set to begin shooting in town October 4th. The dates could change again, of course. But the crew has at least managed to nail down some filming locations, including the National Mall, near the monuments, outside the American Red Cross National Headquarters and outside DAR Constitution Hall, located just across from the Ellipse.
The National Park Service has made it difficult for Paramount Pictures to secure permission to film some scenes, including a race around the Mall. Hollinger said, however, that the studio is “still talking to the National Park Service to refine the requests to possibly get more flexibility.”"


Very early reports stated that, Transformers 3 filming might end on 1st of July, 2010.
Views: 10,222
exclusacon
Which means trailer release superbowl weekend...
SilverOptimus
I'm curious... very curious... Last time (For Transformers 2), the Title was released officially to the public a full year before the opening date. It's only 296 days left till the release, we still don't know a word about the title.
Wheeljack_Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
I'm curious... very curious... Last time (For Transformers 2), the Title was released officially to the public a full year before the opening date. It's only 296 left till the release, we still don't know a word about the title.
Wasn't that because Furman blabbed, though?
Cyber Star
done with filming that fast i wasnt following the first 2 movies when they were being filmed but is that really how fast filming goes?? i thought TF3 would be filming longer than Oct. Or maybe im just dumb and know nothing about how long it takes to film something
exclusacon
The death of optimus.....

Well things are different...we know shockwave is the villian, right away but we don't have a subtitle...I'm guessing when they edit and watch it they will come up with one....
[Wing_Saber-X]
^'Transformers #3: The Mystery of the missing Title!"
Solrac333
I want to see Megatron sitting in Lincoln's chair.
exclusacon
Transformers 3: NO NONO NO NO....
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solrac333 View Post
I want to see Megatron sitting in Lincoln's chair.
Wish Granted (From Transformers 2007 The Game)!

Jolt Customs
filming at space center..hmm....wats that i smelll...is it astrotrain
AndreaPrime101
Filming ending in 6 weeks tops? That sounds a little early.
artiepants
anyone think that they might push the date? Seems like finishing in mid/late OCT isn't gonna leave a ton of time for post...
Wheeljack_Prime
They've been filming since May 18th. Ending almost 5 month to the day later doesn't seem like they're wrapping it up too early, especially considering how fast and efficiently Bay shoots.
Starscreamownz
what the hell happened to Russia, china, africa, texas and some place and europe?
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscreamownz View Post
what the hell happened to Russia, china, africa, texas and some place and europe?
I think it's already done. Remember this news post back in April : Robert Paul Taylor In Transformers 3?

Basically, they must have finished filming on Foreign Locations quite-a-while back. This is just an assumption.
eagc7
so tf3 filmnig ends the same week that prime comes?
Paxtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt Customs View Post
filming at space center..hmm....wats that i smelll...is it astrotrain
Or Skylynx.

Through the movies being the way they are, I could see Silverbolt end up being a space shuttle.
Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt Customs View Post
filming at space center..hmm....wats that i smelll...is it astrotrain
or maybe Omega Supreme.
[Wing_Saber-X]
^Dayum..imagine TF Victory Galaxy Shuttle!
moreprimeland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack_Prime View Post
They've been filming since May 18th. Ending almost 5 month to the day later doesn't seem like they're wrapping it up too early, especially considering how fast and efficiently Bay shoots.

Very true...and the outside/location filming with human characters is usually done long before the CGI..don't forget that
Godconvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaPrime101 View Post
Filming ending in 6 weeks tops? That sounds a little early.
There's about maybe a 3-6 months average for filming of most productions. I think the first Iron Man was 4 months give or take a few days. It could take a week to film just a few scenes but that doesn't mean that's all that's being filmed, a lot of movies have more than one unit fiming scenes at the same time to save time and to get it to post faster. Action and special effect heavy movies use this the most because there is a lot of filming needed that does not require either the main actors or even the lead director.
Nerdicon
Transformers 3: Dread Gazeebo
godbomber
I wonder if the script will be ready by then?
mogel94
Transformers 3: Electric Boogaloo

But Im quite suprised at how quick the filming has taken, either its gonna be very tidy or very shit. From prier knowledge of Bay films I may have to lean towards the latter :[
Cyber Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxtin View Post
Or Skylynx.

Through the movies being the way they are, I could see Silverbolt end up being a space shuttle.
i thought the shuttle would be silverbolt from the start, i think it would be more interestng than it being omega supreme
Cth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscreamownz View Post
what the hell happened to Russia, china, africa, texas and some place and europe?
RE: Russia
Transformers 3 Films On Streets Of Gary, Indiana - Transformers News
Jolt Customs
Quote:
Through the movies being the way they are, I could see Silverbolt end up being a space shuttle.
true true, but knowing bay he probably would want a giant ass decepticon over a giant autobot anyday. and there are tons of railways in the Mideast, so lots of possible filming areas for him (especially Chicago). Astrotain was a g1 character so y not give him a movie character.
Godconvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by godbomber View Post
I wonder if the script will be ready by then?


Well played Sir!
Cyber Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt Customs View Post
true true, but knowing bay he probably would want a giant ass decepticon over a giant autobot anyday. and there are tons of railways in the Mideast, so lots of possible filming areas for him (especially Chicago). Astrotain was a g1 character so y not give him a movie character.
now after i read your post, its got me thinking that maybe the shuttle is a decepticon and not an autobot if the shuttle is a transformer at all. plus the shuttle was never confirmed to be an autobot, i think it would be interesting now if it turned out to be a decepticon
Cybertronian
National Mall!? PLEASE tell me Shockwave/Megatron/Starscream/Ironhide blows up the Glenn Beck rally.
Moy
Is it just me or Tf3 filming is ending rather quickly..?
Cybertronian
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
Wish Granted (From Transformers 2007 The Game)!

http://a.imageshack.us/img685/9991/m...ncolnchair.jpg
Niice. I think he also does it in the G1 Cartoon -- Attack from Atlantis, or something. Megs teams up with the cartoon's version of the Atlanteans, telepathic sea-water breathing humanoids, and take over Washington.
Cyber Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertronian View Post
Niice. I think he also does it in the G1 Cartoon -- Attack from Atlantis, or something. Megs teams up with the cartoon's version of the Atlanteans, telepathic sea-water breathing humanoids, and take over Washington.
yes he did do that prob my fav G1 moment too, it made me laugh so hard when i first saw megatron do that
Cyber-Scream
I really hope it's not rushed like ROTF... But still cool news I guess. Looking forward to the trailer during the Super Bowl next year.
weeezl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Scream View Post
I really hope it's not rushed like ROTF... But still cool news I guess. Looking forward to the trailer during the Super Bowl next year.
I highly doubt it will be rushed like TF:2. Bay admitted ROTF could have been better and I'm getting a good feeling about the third installment, ok Hasbro might have got more involved and we know Bay won't bend over and take it... that said, I think he will personally make sure TF:3 is a better movie than its predecessor. Lookin foward to a trailer though!
Cyber Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeezl View Post
I highly doubt it will be rushed like TF:2. Bay admitted ROTF could have been better and I'm getting a good feeling about the third installment, ok Hasbro might have got more involved and we know Bay won't bend over and take it... that said, I think he will personally make sure TF:3 is a better movie than its predecessor. Lookin foward to a trailer though!
totally agree
Paxtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt Customs View Post
true true, but knowing bay he probably would want a giant ass decepticon over a giant autobot anyday. and there are tons of railways in the Mideast, so lots of possible filming areas for him (especially Chicago). Astrotain was a g1 character so y not give him a movie character.
I think they've said threy're not really doing tripple changers in the films. (Aside from Meg's space tank-jet.) Plus, in reality I don't think most trains actually scale up with space suttles.
Unless movie Astrotain were to pull some kind of accordion effect with multiple train cars, to make up for the mass difference.
jamjam101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Scream View Post
I really hope it's not rushed like ROTF... But still cool news I guess. Looking forward to the trailer during the Super Bowl next year.
ROTF was started late and ended late. They filmed all the stuff in middle east in late oct-nov. If I recall.

This one is definitely not rushed, although I was thinking it would stretch to mid Nov.
MegaP12im3
since filming was kinda short..are we going to see a huge battle on cybertron..and or more robots seems with out any humans.....and those anybody have any idea of the title is..or is it just T3

Continue: Transformers 3 Filming Ends In Mid-October? Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey