Take this with a HUGE grain of salt. Showblitz.com
is reporting that Hasbro said on a Monday earnings call that they were in "active discussions" with Paramount, Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg on how to move forward with the film franchise. Sources close to the planning process tell the website it could actually be two films headed into production, a measure that can save millions because cast and crew deals only be negotiated once, among other factors. Ehren Kruger is said to have an idea for the next installments that the studio likes. Shia Leabouf is still out and, once again, Jason Statham has been discussed yet again. Statham was previously rumored
to be Lebouf's replacement and later dismissed by Michael Bay himself.
Again, take this with a HUGE grain of salt. We'll keep you posted as more information rolls in. For the time being, sound off in the discussion thread.