Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

MichaelBay.com Updates – More Transformers 3 Interviews, Images And Bayhem

Posted on 07-27-2010 at 11:20 PM by SilverOptimus under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
4812862583_eda0a28870_o2
Michael Bay’s Official Website has been updated with more info, videos and images from the Chicago set of Transformers 3. We have seen some of the stuff right here at TFW2005 few days ago, but given that this is an official update it must go up. Special Thanks to all the Original Posters of 2005 Boards.

Before we begin, SPOILER WARNING : The following articles may contain various plot details.

The article “Chicago's Transformers Business Experience” mainly talks about how Chicago was benefited from the filming of TF3 there.

The next article “Shooting For The Edit on Wacker Drive” is a video showing-off some super awesome “Bayhem”. You can enjoy it below :


Number #3 : “The Chicago Tribune Talks to Michael Bay” is an interview with Director Michael Bay.

“On the Transformers 3 Set with Michael Bay” is the official "making-of" video we’ve seen before. But this is not the Extended Edition.

Again, we have another Michael Bay interview at “ABC7 Chicago Interviews Michael Bay”.

Next we have an image of Director Michael Bay using the Apple iPad. Nelson says that the Transformers 3 Animatics are loaded to the device. Visit “Michael Bay Using the iPad 3G” to see it.

Finally it’s Mr. Bay himself telling his thoughts about the city of Chicago via the article “Michael Bay's Thoughts on Chicago”.

Transformers 3 is set to release on 1st of July, 2011 worldwide.
Views: 7,599 / Credit: All the first posters and jamjam101 of the 2005 Boards!
SPLIT LIP
I love Mike gets right in there. And was that a soldier landing on a TF to shoot it?

This is barely teasing we see all this filming but without the effects or even context we don't know what's going on.
VaderPrime1
That was awesome!
TFfan08
If you didn't noticed, it says Rosie Huntington's role is Mikaela banes?
jamjam101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFfan08 View Post
If you didn't noticed, it says Rosie Huntington's role is Mikaela banes?
yea i noticed that. i don't think the mass media know that it's Carly. Nelson has already confirmed that
Optimus Prime
I bet this battle is even bigger than Mission City in TF1.
rattrap007
Epic indeed...
Bumblethumper
They really turned that city into a war zone.

How they managed to have those guys right in the middle of so many explosions and flipping cars in that last scene without anyone getting hurt is beyond me. Well, I assume no one got hurt.

RipCurl
the part when bumblebee drifts with the autobots behind him and sam and carly run out was awesome. Thats obv when they are gonny TRANSFORM
grimlock1972
LOL @ sam and carly using a bus shelter for cover in a fire fight. its a fail on many levels:

1. no protection from enemy fire, would not likely be even its is human vs human. Bullet resistant glass ain't cheap so i can't see who ever has to pay for those things in a city paying more than for something like car safety glass which might stop a pistol round but would not stop military grade ammo let alone what ever the Decepticons use.
2. they can still see you XD
3. buses don't make stops in war zones

awesome stuff though.
pantherfan1
This is looking great. This movie can't come soon enough.
Pun-3X
I love the fact that Bumblebee just drifts into the scene and makes Sam and Carly/Mikaela (I ain't trusting squat until the movie comes out) get out FACING the direction NEST is firing. Instead of, you know, having some of the Autobots in front of 'Bee acting as a buffer, having 'Bee drift the other way so they can get out on the other side for better cover, etc.

I also can't help but feel like "you're still using machine guns?" But Michael Bay has made them susceptible to assault rifle fire in his universe, so there you go.

Can't wait for everything to be added in. They sure put a lot of Boom into this sequence.
MTME
wonder how long until Paramount pulls this video....
Ceasar121
Cool. As. F%^K. Staying reserved on excitement for this movie, but the variety of cars, and this ONE AREA they've filmed are very exciting and promising.
jamjam101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTME View Post
wonder how long until Paramount pulls this video....
Wouldn't be surprised if in next couple of days. But I think it was filmed by Nelson or someone close to set so there may be an exception
Paxtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pun-3X View Post
I also can't help but feel like "you're still using machine guns?" But Michael Bay has made them susceptible to assault rifle fire in his universe, so there you go.
They explained it in the first movie, they use incendiary rounds. It's the only thing we have that's strong enough to burn through Cybertronian metal.

Yeah yeah, I know. A lot of fans don't like the whole idea of the dirty human characters being able to fight back. But you know what, the whole thing of "we can't beat them, they're more advanced then us" garbage was always a copout in science fiction. There's always a way to break something.
exclusacon
3 things I notice...prime is nowhere to see...no mercedes car....no ironhide.....hmmm
This is the battle scene....
Poho
oh man. this is so epic i dont even know what to do
MythofBlackout
Sweet vid. It looks like the final battle this time around is going to be Mission City on steroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxtin View Post
They explained it in the first movie, they use incendiary rounds. It's the only thing we have that's strong enough to burn through Cybertronian metal.

Yeah yeah, I know. A lot of fans don't like the whole idea of the dirty human characters being able to fight back. But you know what, the whole thing of "we can't beat them, they're more advanced then us" garbage was always a copout in science fiction. There's always a way to break something.
Better not to build the bad guys up as invincible and then have them get taken out by something as lame as a computer virus.
Paxtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythofBlackout View Post
Better not to build the bad guys up as invincible and then have them get taken out by something as lame as a computer virus.
Exactly. That's what ultimately makes it a copout.
"They're invincible, we can't possibily beat the-Oh wait...We just found their kill button. We win!"
Jarodimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTME View Post
wonder how long until Paramount pulls this video....
I don't see why that would happen. It's on Bay's site, for Pete's sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFfan08 View Post
If you didn't noticed, it says Rosie Huntington's role is Mikaela banes?
I did notice that. I also noticed that she appears to have two small pink balloons where her lips should be.
BB Shockwave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxtin View Post
Exactly. That's what ultimately makes it a copout.
"They're invincible, we can't possibily beat the-Oh wait...We just found their kill button. We win!"
They should be unbeatable...BY HUMANS. They are a race that has been at war for millions of years,guys like Wheeljack would have thought of something like incendiary rounds eons ago. Humans vs. TFs should have been like the mayans with their stone weapons against the steel-plated spanish conquistadors with their guns.

Also, this should have been a movie about the million-year old war of the Heroic Autobots and Evil Decepticons. Instead, they come to Earth, and the puny fleshlings manage to do that in a few days what the Autobots couldn't in millions of years - kill Megatron and all his Cons? Makes the Autobots look like wimps. Then they repeat the whole thing in ROTF wherein the majority of the Cons, even the ultimate weapon Devastator are taken out by humans. If I wanted to see humans fighting robots, I would have watched Terminator, Bay.

I couldn't be bothered to watch all these movies, could anyone summarize the spoilers/news in them?
Lucario Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodimus View Post
I did notice that. I also noticed that she appears to have two small pink balloons where her lips should be.
What the hell is with that, anyways?!
NeilD83
she is mikaela banes? i guess not much media knows she is Carly?
Nerdicon
Yes yes yes.
billcosby
This is probably why Paramount pulled all the "little people's" home movies. So that Bay could without interference.
Lion
Sweet. I like when the guy jumped onto what will probably be a con and shoot at point blank range.
frilly toothpick


wow that was intense.
Paxtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
They should be unbeatable...BY HUMANS. They are a race that has been at war for millions of years,guys like Wheeljack would have thought of something like incendiary rounds eons ago. Humans vs. TFs should have been like the mayans with their stone weapons against the steel-plated spanish conquistadors with their guns.
Yeah, but a stone weapon can still beat the f#%* out of a conquistadors face.

I'll agree it shouldn't be quite so easy for humans to kill Decepticons as it ends up being in the films, but I still like the idea that we would have a fighting chance, even if the Autobots weren't there.

I know that's not a popular mentality among this fandom, but it's mine. I'm sorry, to me the whole "we can't fight back because they're aliens." thing in scifi has always been BS to me.

Also the incendiary rounds thing is basically just suppose to be the closest thing we have to match the weapons that the Cybertronians have. Not outmatch.
I think the idea is that Autobots and Cons have been useing incendiary rounds for eons. Or at least their variation of that kind of weapons technology.
Lion
Also. Did they pull a frenzy sized con off the roof of the cab and beat the crap out of it?
Bern
My major gripe about the "Bayhem" -- REALISTIC explosions DO NOT look like fireworks set off from the ground. Someone get Bay on the phone with James Cameron please.
Takun
At first I thought "Who'se the Ryan Stiles younger look-alike there?" but it came up with Shia. "... oh. Eh."
Bern
I love at 3:20 in the vid when Shia is CLEARLY pissed at yelling at Bay
Vicalliose
Well, you've seen some explosions. Is it really necessary to sit through the rest of the movie now?

Gotta admit Michael Bay is ballsy. In a stupid way, not in a cool way.
The way he's running around like a little brat, with his two meat shields on either side is pretty hilarious looking.

Still, it's nothing compared to the obvious danger he's putting his actors in.

And of course incendiary rounds will work on on the Bayformers. You only have to look at them to know how easy it is to blow them apart.

Also, ew. Did Rosie Huntington get even more botox? Guess we know how Michael likes his women.

*edit*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post
I love at 3:20 in the vid when Shia is CLEARLY pissed at yelling at Bay
Just noticed that. Wouldn't be surprised if he was angry about how stupid it would be for BB to come in front and let them out on the passenger side.
Blitz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Also. Did they pull a frenzy sized con off the roof of the cab and beat the crap out of it?
looked like it was one of the parashoot guys who fell onto the cab not a con they even detach the shoot at one point.

but yeah Rosie Huntington... kinda looked like a high class Russian hooker... with the prono lips
rich_prime
Transformers 2 suck horrible ass

Heres hoping T3 will be good before it gets reboot
Micheal bay better not do close up again this happen with the A team if anybody saw the A team you will know this was the problem
[Wing_Saber-X]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjam101 View Post
^QFT! :

Man, that was just scaled to "intense"!

TF3 cannot come fast enough!

Im gonna be watching it 10x over!
Bovril
LMAO @ Bay and his hand-held camera... no wonder the camerawork is so rough in his action scenes, he's got no idea where to stand.

Yeah some bits looked dangerous at first but look closer and you'll see there's no way anyone could really have got hurt. This kinda stuff goes on on lots of sets.
Lurkertron
The bus stop scene. Either those guys are firing at flying Cons or something extremely large.
baggzey23
2:32 i'm pretty sure he just landed on a transformer tried to shoot it then fell off

sorry if i'm not the first to notice (i assume i am since i havn't read any comments)

also baysplosions everywhere
baggzey23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicalliose View Post
Well, you've seen some explosions. Is it really necessary to sit through the rest of the movie now?

Gotta admit Michael Bay is ballsy. In a stupid way, not in a cool way.
The way he's running around like a little brat, with his two meat shields on either side is pretty hilarious looking.

Still, it's nothing compared to the obvious danger he's putting his actors in.

And of course incendiary rounds will work on on the Bayformers. You only have to look at them to know how easy it is to blow them apart.
your not exactly gunproof
and they cant be covered in metasl completely (then they couldnt move)
Janeails22x
Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusacon View Post
3 things I notice...prime is nowhere to see...no mercedes car....no ironhide.....hmmm
This is A battle scene....
Fixed.

For all we know Prime, Ironhide, Jolt, the Twins, and who ever else is getting their butts handed to them, or dishing out pain, with Megs and Starscream in another section. OR, they may be spending this entire battle sequence in robot form.
Bass X0
Quote:
Transformers 3 is set to release on 1st of July, 2010 worldwide.
Darn. I missed it.
starscream 2005
It looked like a nest guy pulling a sector 7 guy away from danger?
TFfan08
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggzey23 View Post
2:32 i'm pretty sure he just landed on a transformer tried to shoot it then fell off

Yeah, that scene was pretty cool. I hope they don't cut it out of the movie.
Doug
Watching the video, the only sound I heard was just gun fire.
Bumblethumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxtin View Post
Yeah, but a stone weapon can still beat the f#%* out of a conquistadors face.

I'll agree it shouldn't be quite so easy for humans to kill Decepticons as it ends up being in the films, but I still like the idea that we would have a fighting chance, even if the Autobots weren't there.

I know that's not a popular mentality among this fandom, but it's mine. I'm sorry, to me the whole "we can't fight back because they're aliens." thing in scifi has always been BS to me.
I don't think it's such a minority or unpopular view. It stands to reason that robots, however sophisticated would have their weak points. Even with the most advanced military in the history of this planet, troops still get taken out by primitive roadside bombs. There's no such thing as invincible.

If we have the technology to nuke a country back to the stoneage, we probably have ways of taking down alien robots.

My objection to the military vs transformers angle is that it's used to sell military as exciting and heroic. I don't like seeing Transformers being used to boost military recruitment.
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass X0 View Post
Darn. I missed it.
Thanks
Bumblethumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post
My major gripe about the "Bayhem" -- REALISTIC explosions DO NOT look like fireworks set off from the ground. Someone get Bay on the phone with James Cameron please.
That's why they always film these things at a higher framerate.

When you see them in the movie, they won't look like puny fireworks.
Deadsled
I loled at the "I quit drinking on 7/14/10" tapped to the bottom of the BB clapper

Continue: MichaelBay.com Updates – More Transformers 3 Interviews, Images And Bayhem Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena