Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Michael Bay Denies The $400 Million Transformers 3 Budget Rumor

Posted on 09-02-2010 at 02:55 AM by SilverOptimus under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
michael-bay
Director Michael Bay denies the $400 Million rumor surrounding the Transformers 3 budget.

Commenting at his website; MichaelBay.Com, Director of the Transformers Movie Franchise mentioned...

"...[Lester] has no clue about much, other then to try to get internet hype. He's been on the movie a total of 10 days the guys is just letting his ass talk. Movie is $ just above Revenge. He knows not to talk about this movie!"

And that's Showbiz, folks...
Views: 13,348
Seeker24
haha you beat me too it!! yeah 400 sounds like an exaggeration..
Spartan Prime
Eh. I didn't think Leister had much a grip on what the production cast anyway. Even with $400mil, that sounded like a number "a guy who knows a guy" would come up with. That's a shitload of coin.
caitlindevi
you had to censor the word 'Moron' ? you know doing that made it sound much much worse
Ikkstakk
$400,000,000?!?!

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlindevi View Post
you had to censor the word 'Moron' ? you know doing that made it sound much much worse
No name calling.
Bovril
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
No name calling.
Fair do's, though it made me assume he'd said something much worse.
Xaddion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay
"Leister is moron."
This sentence has made my day.
Dolza_Khyron
$400,000,000?

no no it's

$399,999,999.999

Bay's TOTALLY right.

Ceasar121
Wow! Calling "Terry Tate" a moron might be a bad move. First person with a video of Bay getting DEMOLISHED by an office linebacker hit gets my entire TF collection.
einis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkstakk View Post
$400,000,000?!?!

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
you aren't alone
Triggerhappy
imagine if he just one day decided to make explosions rather than movies $400mill would probs destroy the Earth!
Manok
not good when the boss calls you a moron. First and last TF movie he will be in.
[Wing_Saber-X]
Man, that sounds absurd!
YoungPrime
$400mill huh.....
Hmmm perhaps if Hollywood stop being so cheap and gave Bay a $20 gift card to Denny's on top of that figure, then these films would've had a decent plot, some character development......recognizable Transformers maybe...

But hey if Bay only wants more cow bell then that'll just have to do!
Creaky
I love that it seems when he gets annoyed grammar just goes flying out of the window. So cute. Also - Hardcore Eddie ain't coming back for Transformers 4.
Bovril
Actors need to learn to keep their mouths shut... especially when Bay's in charge. Bet Megan Fox wishes she had

Seriously though, very unprofessional on the part of Leister and Mike.

edit: Is that Bay's grammar going out the window, or TFW's? I wouldn't be too surprised if it was the latter.
Smokescreen
I honestly don't care what the budget is just as long as the movie is good with plenty of robot action.
Matrix Soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manok View Post
not good when the boss calls you a moron. First and last TF movie he will be in.
Nah, Bay had worse opinions about Megan Fox and she... Nevermind
Deadend
That sounds more like it.

Guess Hardcore Eddie might want to change his name to splat or roadkill at this rate then.
garibaldiprime
Cole Train fucked up! Talkin' 'bout "all that juice" n sheet.
03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlindevi View Post
you had to censor the word 'Moron' ? you know doing that made it sound much much worse
Agreed. Name calling around the boards is one thing but censoring the word 'moron' in an excerpt from a quote is very misleading. It has the distinct smell of Bay-hate.
Omnius
I think if you're going to quote someone, you should do so in it's entirety so people get the full picture of what was said. And to be honest, there's worse words out there than 'Moron'.
SilverOptimus
Edited appropriately.

FYI : I'm a huge fan of Michael Bay, his movies and the TF Series. There is no "Bay Hate", there never was and never will be.
Ash from Carolina
So you've got a new actor. You want to pump him up as this big bad character that's going to make it worth spending the extra bucks to see a 3D movie, and now you are calling him a moron.

Hum, gee the actors are morons really makes me want to rush out and see a movie. I could see if he'd done something really stupid on set, but to be a moron just for picking up some crazy set rumor seems just a wee bit harsh. Wild rumors go around movie sets all the time.
Solrac333
Michael Bay Denies The $400 Million Transformers 3 Budget Rumor.

"Nope. That's my salary."
03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash from Carolina View Post
So you've got a new actor. You want to pump him up as this big bad character that's going to make it worth spending the extra bucks to see a 3D movie, and now you are calling him a moron.

Hum, gee the actors are morons really makes me want to rush out and see a movie. I could see if he'd done something really stupid on set, but to be a moron just for picking up some crazy set rumor seems just a wee bit harsh. Wild rumors go around movie sets all the time.
Have you ever addressed a co-worker with a similar word after they do something silly/stupid? It's not done with the intent of demeaning the person but with the intent of a good ribbing. I'd bet this was the context in which this was used but I'm sure the hate will still flow.
Golden Age
maybe this time they can have a script.
blackout501st
i am not surprised. 400 mill did sound like a little much to me.
cosmos360
I knew it was too good to be true. For 400 million they probably would've had the whole movie on Cybertron.
einis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerhappy View Post
imagine if he just one day decided to make explosions rather than movies $400mill would probs destroy the Earth!
MythofBlackout
Thought so. There was no way Paramount would give them $400 million to make TF3, regardless of how successful/popular the previous two were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash from Carolina View Post
So you've got a new actor. You want to pump him up as this big bad character that's going to make it worth spending the extra bucks to see a 3D movie, and now you are calling him a moron.

Hum, gee the actors are morons really makes me want to rush out and see a movie. I could see if he'd done something really stupid on set, but to be a moron just for picking up some crazy set rumor seems just a wee bit harsh. Wild rumors go around movie sets all the time.

No, you want to pump up the kick ass CGI robots as an incentive to spend the extra few bucks on 3D. Though, I'll have to agree that Bay's reaction to Speight's unprofessionalism is itself unprofessional. Maybe he hasn't had a good experience working with him on set.
MaxLinden
Hmmmm..... I think thats a bit too much money.... But then again it may make the movie good....
Jaicen
Either way, bay has a bad attitude toward the man.
Optimus Vader
This is about as much news as me telling everyone that I twisted my ankle playing basketball while I had an Optimus Prime t-shirt on.
Ash from Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythofBlackout View Post
Thought so. There was no way Paramount would give them $400 million to make TF3, regardless of how successful/popular the previous two were.




No, you want to pump up the kick ass CGI robots as an incentive to spend the extra few bucks on 3D. Though, I'll have to agree that Bay's reaction to Speight's unprofessionalism is itself unprofessional. Maybe he hasn't had a good experience working with him on set.
Yea I think the professional thing would have been to just say that he was mistaken and he didn't know where he got that budget figure from.
Tigermegatron
$400,000,000 does seems like a exageration
Bgrngod
Uh oh.. Lester is gonna go all Terry Tate on Bay now!! Watch out!!

caitlindevi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
No name calling.
Is it still name calling when its a direct quote from someone though?
Awesomus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaicen View Post
Either way, bay has a bad attitude toward the man.
Says who? He was probably joking around. My friends and I call each other morons all the time. It doesn't mean we have bad attitudes toward one another...
Rogzilla
Bay may just be under a lot of stress right now. They are in the middle of filming and the on set accident probably isn't easy to deal with. People forget that Bay is human too, and maybe he feels really horrible for what happened to that girl.
YoungPrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogzilla View Post
Bay may just be under a lot of stress right now. They are in the middle of filming and the on set accident probably isn't easy to deal with. People forget that Bay is human too, and maybe he feels really horrible for what happened to that girl.
That and there's a lot of heavy weight films coming out next Summer so there wont be any room for his typical crap!

Hell look at all the lame movies that fell short this year!
ganymede2010
MB's response was way to harsh, could you imagine Ridley Scott, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson, etc.. responding in such an un-classy and juvenile manner? Michael needs to get over himself. I can't wait until a new director is named.
Awesomus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede2010 View Post
MB's response was way to harsh, could you imagine Ridley Scott, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson, etc.. responding in such an un-classy and juvenile manner? Michael needs to get over himself. I can't wait until a new director is named.
Well, I can certainly imagine James Cameron responding in the same manner...

But, seriously, "harsh"? He just called him a moron. Is it mildly insulting? Yes. Harsh? Far from it.

How come whenever other directors slip up it's okay, but when Bay makes the slightest of errors everyone jumps all on his case and calls him an "egotistical ass" or whatever?

Rhetorical question. I already know the answer: Because it's a by-product of all the childish Bay-Hatred. "Oh, I don't like his movies, so I guess that makes him an asshole too". It's all so juvenile and ridiculous. Stop taking movies so personally, you guys...
Digilaut
A somewhat unprofessional reply...I guess Bay didn't have his day when he said that?

You don't really want actor-director fights leaking. What they do on set is their problem, but statements like this one don't really give the movie positive hype
malcontentman
When I read Speight's [Hardcore Eddie] comments about the $400 mil, I totally though he was joking to begin with. This is the guy that voiced Cole from Gears of War and he is known to be a joker so I think that Bay is just lovin' the crazy buzz that the $400 mil comment has created. Bay knows that he was just kidding around and is playing the part by calling him a moron. They are probably best buds. He probably just calls him a moron on set all the time. (In a joking way of course...)
Ash from Carolina
I think it all comes down to the context of where he said it.

As an inside joke just between two friends it's okay because friends pick all the time. But when you pick with your friend you don't general put it on your official website for all the world to read.

A rough day on the set it's okay because directors have a tough stressful job and sometimes they just snap and say things they normally would not say. So you might hear it if someone was filming a behind the filming segment.

Even something with a bit of context so you knew if he was joking, mad, or what the feeling was behind it.

On your public website with no context behind it, well it's just bad form. Either it's more conflict with one of your stars because we didn't get enough conflict when Megan Fox was around or it shows poor judgment to put an out of context inside joke on your website when it could be taken the wrong way. Just seems like a good place for something like the tabloid shows to pick it up and run with it.
Awesomus Prime
^ As long as Speight knows that Bay was joking (which he, more than likely, was), the context really doesn't matter. People on the Internet jumping to conclusions aren't going to affect the actual relationship between the actor and director, nor are they going to alter the quality of the completed movie.

Megan Fox being rude to people on set and calling Bay "Hitler" behind his back was bad form. Bay jokingly calling Speight a moron for saying that a movie based off of '80s action figures is going to have a $400 Million budget is harmless, if not a little hilarious.
Ash from Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomus Prime View Post
^ As long as Speight knows that Bay was joking (which he, more than likely, was), the context really doesn't matter. People on the Internet jumping to conclusions aren't going to affect the actual relationship between the actor and director, nor are they going to alter the quality of the completed movie.

Megan Fox being rude to people on set and calling Bay "Hitler" behind his back was bad form. Bay jokingly calling Speight a moron for saying that a movie based off of '80s action figures is going to have a $400 Million budget is harmless, if not a little hilarious.
See I think context does matter because of how it was done.

When it's joking on the set they are in on the joke and then they know that Bay doesn't actually think that Speight is a moron. But when you put it up on your website and there is no context to know if he's joking or serious then it's another matter. You can just as easily read it as he's serious as you can that he's joking around.
Rogzilla
O_o Wow, this site is REALLY in a debate mood at the moment!

Continue: Michael Bay Denies The $400 Million Transformers 3 Budget Rumor Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena