Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Interview with Kelsey Grammer on Transformers 4

Posted on 09-06-2013 at 11:14 AM by Tony_Bacala under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
kelsey-boss_20110730165018
Kelsey Grammer sat down with Empire and had a couple things to say about Transformers 4. Check the blurbs below for some minor insight to his character Harold Attinger.
"Malevolent" is the word Grammer uses to describe his big bad, Harold Attinger.

"Heís a no-nonsense guy," he told Empire. "Heís lived his life in the shadows for 30 years in the service of his country, and he likes to be unremarkable yet very efficient."

What of his first collaboration with the ringmaster?

"I donít know if Michael has seen Frasier," laughed Grammer. "Heís been very respectful and funny. Heís a terrific guy and quite a filmmaker. He just said to me the other day, 'Youíre Kelsey Grammer - you can do whatever you want to do.' So I guess he at least has some acquaintance with my work."

So what would Frasier Crane make of all the Bayhem?

"Well, you know what? I think he might find it offensive in some ways, but there was always a bit of Frasier that wasnít completely a snob. He always liked blowing up things, too, if he could! When he would discover his inner child, he would revel in it, and I think Transformers is one of those things."
Views: 4,250 / Credit: TunaKaan of the 2005 Boards!
MetalicGrunt
Now If we could only get the guy who played his Dad in Fraiser to be his Limo Driver
EnerJohn
I love Kelsey Grammer. Not going to lie, he's the main reason I'm seeing TF4. Seriously, he'll probably make the movie for me. My wife and I miss Frazier.
Mechafire
Fucking love Kelsey Grammer. He's part of the reason why I'm actually kind of excited for TF4.
Ephland
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJohn View Post
I love Kelsey Grammer. Not going to lie, he's the main reason I'm seeing TF4. Seriously, he'll probably make the movie for me. My wife and I miss Frazier.
that's weird.
O.Supreme
Its been so long, I actually forgot he was in it. I'm guessing overal his character has very little screen time, despite supposedly being the main human antagonist. Still I'd take him 100X over Patrick Dempsey

Simpsons - Sideshow bob steps on rakes - YouTube
mrbrains
HA figure please.
edgs2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephland View Post
that's weird.
It is?
Bendimus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
Fucking love Kelsey Grammer. He's part of the reason why I'm actually kind of excited for TF4.
Agreed. Anyone else hoping the movie ends with a Silas/Breakdown-type event between him and the Megatron head prop just so he can be the voice of Galvatron for TF5?
Incepticon
Kelsey Grammer rules. If you ever want to see exactly how bad ass and borderline evil he can be, watch his show Boss. A damn fantastic actor.
Brave Magnus
Really looking forward to see his role. I know he can be very dark if he wants to and that is something I wanna see.
Optimist Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrains View Post
HA figure please.
Oh god yes THIS.
Ephland
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgs2099 View Post
It is?
a bit, yeah. as far as being the main appeal of the movie, that is.
DarkSkyfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephland View Post
that's weird.
Better than saying you're going to see it for Mark Wahlberg.
Hyperoptic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephland View Post
a bit, yeah. as far as being the main appeal of the movie, that is.
He would be the main reason I go see it too. That is IF I go see it! lol
EnerJohn
Haha well, if you're going to watch these movies for the robots, you picked the wrong movies ;P
edgs2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephland View Post
a bit, yeah. as far as being the main appeal of the movie, that is.
Not really, no. Plenty of people follow an actor as opposed to a specific movie. I do see your point kinda, as we are on a site dedicated to the movie's subject matter.
EnerJohn
throughout the years, how many of you have said that you will not see any of the transformer movies if Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Tyrese Gibson, Josh Duhamel, or John Tottoro aren't in the next ones since 07? A LOT OF YOU! After DOTM I told myself I wouldn't be as excited for more TF movies because yes, they all are more of the same. But once I head Kelsey Grammer was to be in this, I came right back.

If he wasn't in TF4, maybe I'd still go see it in the theater. But now that he is, I will for sure be buying a ticket and the movie when it comes out.
geekacres
KG is the bomb. I would go to see this movie anway. But that fact that Frasier/Beast will be in this film is a big plus.
O.Supreme
I fully admit, I support these movies for THE TRANSFORMERS. When the day comes we get a full-on space epic with little to no humans, I will be extremely happy. Still... this human cast, thus far, seems to be the most well rounded in theory. How the film is executed is another thing. I cant actually say I've ever seen a movie just because a particular actor/acress is in it that i like so much. But I have certainly avoided several for that very reason. kind of sad... i dont have any favorite actors, just ones I dont hate. heh...

*edit* on second thought I guess I do have favorite actors, but they are all Voice Actors. and yes I did follow them and their careers, of course I love animation in general so that is pretty easy to do.
soymonk
Hell yes!
Ephland
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgs2099 View Post
Not really, no. Plenty of people follow an actor as opposed to a specific movie. I do see your point kinda, as we are on a site dedicated to the movie's subject matter.
that was my point, yes. Grammer is a great actor, and I'm sure he will be great in the movie.

But 100% of why I'm seeing these movies is that there are Transformers in them. I accept that there are people in the movies and that a human story is necessary to the narrative, but that has no bearing on my interest in the films.
Shepard Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJohn View Post
throughout the years, how many of you have said that you will not see any of the transformer movies if Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Tyrese Gibson, Josh Duhamel, or John Tottoro aren't in the next ones since 07? A LOT OF YOU!
There's some truth to this. I myself didn't care that much that MEagan Fox didn't return but DotM is the only TF movie I haven't seen with my niece so when I asked her did she like it, she was like,"Yeah, but not as much as the previous ones." Although she couldn't pin down why, I'm almost positive it's because she got Sam and Carly as a couple in the end instead of Mikaela since Carly is somewhat reminiscent of Maggie and she can't stand her (it's the accent).
Autovolt 127
Kelsey Grammer is magnificent. He's having a blast which is good.
EnerJohn
I too watch these movies for the transformers. But lets face it, these movies don't completely focus on the Transformers. So of course many of us get excited when there is an actor or actress we really like in them.
ZeroMayhem
Two things I love from the 80's, Transformers and Cheers, together at last!
uruseiranma
Well, every Bay films needs at least one 'grumpy man in a suit,' and Kelsey will fill that role well.
SPLIT LIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
Fucking love Kelsey Grammer. He's part of the reason why I'm actually kind of excited for TF4.
Yeah. Like, I anticipate it, but seeing Kelsey Grammer play whatever kind of character he plays is kind of exciting.
Scorpio
Nothing here we didn't already know - and seeing as its a human character who likely will be killed off by the end of the movie - I personally don't care. If we hear news of him signing on for a second - then I'll be interested, but with only one movie his chances of surviving are slim.
trence5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendimus Prime View Post
Agreed. Anyone else hoping the movie ends with a Silas/Breakdown-type event between him and the Megatron head prop just so he can be the voice of Galvatron for TF5?
STOP READING MY MIND!!! I'VE BEEN BETTING THE SAME EXACT THING WILL HAPPEN TOO!!!!!
Starscream0625
Well, it's good that there's still re-runs of Frasier. I was really excited when I heard that Patrick Dempsey was going to be in Dark of the Moon, but I'm so much more excited for this.
Beast_Megatron
I love that Kelsey Grammer has become the rallying point behind which all Transforners fans can unite. Regardless of our varying opinions of the movie franchise, we can all stand behind our love of Kelsey Grammer. I hope he has as much fun making the movie as we will have watching his performance.
EnerJohn
If they make a HA figure of Kelsey Grammer, they should make one of David Hyde Pierce to go along with it...ya know, just for good measure
EnerJohn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast_Megatron View Post
I love that Kelsey Grammer has become the rallying point behind which all Transforners fans can unite. Regardless of our varying opinions of the movie franchise, we can all stand behind our love of Kelsey Grammer. I hope he has as much fun making the movie as we will have watching his performance.
^ This
DarkSkyfire
Poor Kelsey will probably be ripped in two at the end of the movie.
sh002
I wish Kelsey Grammer was in X-Men DOFP instead.
Maximo Prime
Some weird elitism in this thread. I'll say this - I love Grammer, and I love Wahlberg, and I am very excited to see these two actors in TF4. Say what you want...
EpicTransformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo Prime View Post
Some weird elitism in this thread. I'll say this - I love Grammer, and I love Wahlberg, and I am very excited to see these two actors in TF4. Say what you want...
I'll say that.. I AGREE!!!!
Optimist Prime
Wahlberg is barely an actor, and is a vile racist to boot. I will be seeing this film despite his presence.
Ephland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist Prime View Post
Wahlberg is barely an actor, and is a vile racist to boot. I will be seeing this film despite his presence.
not sure which one of those is less accurate.
jackgaughan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephland View Post
not sure which one of those is less accurate.
Actually, Mark Wahlberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, eesh.
Ephland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackgaughan View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure that who you were as a drug-addicted teenager is the same as who you are as a father of 4 in your 40's. People change.
moreprimeland
Maybe Bay has seen Kelsey in BOSS and decided to let him do what he wants.

Continue: Interview with Kelsey Grammer on Transformers 4 Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena