Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Hasbro Files Transformers: The Dark Of The Moon Trademark

Posted on 10-10-2010 at 02:16 PM by SilverOptimus under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
transformers-3-300
Looks like it's official now. "On Wednesday, September 29, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration number 85140636 was filed for DARK OF THE MOON by Hasbro, Inc. with the description Toys, Games and Playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles not included in other classes; decorations for Christmas trees."

You can view a copy of the Original Document by visiting USPTO.

Collider, MTV, The Empire and countless other entertainment websites, praised TFW2005 for uncovering the Title of Transformers 3. We proudly became the 1st to find and announce the news to the world.

Transformers: The Dark Of The Moon is scheduled for release on July 1, 2011.

Stay Tuned With Us For More Transformers: DOTM News... First!
Views: 37,579

Images for Hasbro Files Transformers: The Dark Of The Moon Trademark

DOTMTM
Transformers-3-logo_1286351431
Recall
Is this confirmed as it's dreadful? (Posted before news post actually went up)

Edit. Nope it is indeed awful. It doesn't even make sense.
GAUGE
Sounds like a Pink Floyd Album. Har Har
Karhukjnsi
Well that's plenty stupid. TF3 seriously would've been sufficient.
blackout501st
hell i think just "TF3" would have worked just fine. but, hey, it could mean a little more when we know more about the plot and stuff.
Recall
It makes no sense as a subtitle.

Dark side of the moon, maybe would have worked and even then its far too long and clunky.
Beastbot X
Yeah, this sounds like an Engrish title...
Pyro
I hope that's not the real title of it. That title seems kind of strange and only half done.
Rodimus Mike
I am with the masses here,very strange title,but coulda been a lot worse like:The End of
Cybertron. which isn't stupid but just crappy as I want cybertron to survive so Prime and
them can return home after the war is over.
Pauly T
Maybe this is the title for the eventual Broadway production, TF: Turn Off the Dark of the Moon...
prawisucia
what kind of title is that.. *facepalm*
Skalez Convoy
Um... the movie isn't out yet and that title makes me want my money back. The title doesn't fit with what we've seen so far. If Unicron was in this one maybe... so here is hoping its not the title and what we have is just prequel books leading up to the movie.
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalez Convoy View Post
so here is hoping its not the title and what we have is just prequel books leading up to the movie.
The domain name says otherwise. TransformersTheDarkOfTheMoonMovie.COM
guard convoy
name sucks balls
Albershide
The title is perfect. As you know the moon has a light side and a dark side depending on the sun. So this is a nice symbolism referring to the two sides of things. Obviously the Autobots will be deceived as also the sub title of the books suggests (Autobots betrayed).
binglesbot
Gasp will the Decepticons decide if they can't get our Sun, they'll settle for the moon? Horrible stuff.
steely_prime
at least call it darkness of the moon that makes sense
Recall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
The title is perfect. As you know the moon has a light side and a dark side depending on the sun. So this is a nice symbolism referring to the two sides of things. Obviously the Autobots will be deceived as also the sub title of the books suggests (Autobots betrayed).
and you think this is the best way to show said sybolism?
wyze2099
I really hope this is a typo, and the word "Side" was accidentally left out of the phrase.
Incepticon
Not good. Not good at all. Sounds like a title that the Babelfish online translator would spit out after being converted from English to Japanese then back to English again.
lambi
I dare say "The lunatic is on the grass"
Mr knightmare
What the fuck does it even mean?
lambi
Maybe THE MOON is a character, like THE FALLEN, and I bet he's really, really dark.
Katarn84
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
The domain name says otherwise. TransformersTheDarkOfTheMoonMovie.COM
Since nowhere I can find WHO registered that domain it really proves nothing...
I too think it to be the prequel book (not a wise move to get out the novelization two months before the movie IMHO), like Ghosts of Yesterday and The Veiled Threat. It could well be even a prodution title, and lacking an official one Amazon used that.
The only thing I know is I'll wait for an official cover before crying, tearing my clothes and swearing painful revenge.
shroobmaster
Who's the GENIUS that comes up with names for TF movies?
Albershide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recall View Post
and you think this is the best way to show said sybolism?
It's better than others. We have betrayal and we know the moon has an important part in the movie. When you combine these - you got the name. This is my opinion. If you don't like it it's your problem.
panzerjedi
Should have just called it "3".
JAYSCREAM
really?



i think
" the autobots go to the moon to try and finish the decepticon threat forever with the help of the humans and a shuttle and a human kills starscream"
is a much better title!!!!!!

dear god thats a crap title if true but at the end of the day if your best friend was called "stabby mcstab" hes still your best friend...... right?
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn84 View Post
Since nowhere I can find WHO registered that domain it really proves nothing...
I too think it to be the prequel book (not a wise move to get out the novelization two months before the movie IMHO), like Ghosts of Yesterday and The Veiled Threat. It could well be even a production title, and lacking an official one Amazon used that.
The only thing I know is I'll wait for an official cover before crying, tearing my clothes and swearing painful revenge.
Remember how those titles came out... Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen: The Veiled Threat.
Same can be said here
Transformers: The Dark of the Moon: Autobots Betrayed!
Transformers: The Dark of the Moon: Secret of the Autobots
Transformers: The Dark of the Moon: Invasion of the Decepticons

Besides we've known for some time that the 3rd movie contains a scene involved with something happening to to moon and the Autobots visiting it.
cbff
Think about the way the title is written.

Now think about the rumors about Unicron being in TF3.

Now think about how Unicron was done in Transformers Armada.

Now think about the space race and our "research" missions to the "moon".

I'm calling it now, Unicron is our Moon, hence The Dark of the Moon.
Recall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
It's better than others. We have betrayal and we know the moon has an important part in the movie. When you combine these - you got the name. This is my opinion. If you don't like it it's your problem.
I like titles that are coherent or follow some basic ruling of grammar, but yes that is my problem.
Beastbot X
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
The domain name says otherwise. TransformersTheDarkOfTheMoonMovie.COM
...Crud, so it really is legit, then.

"Revenge of the Fallen" may have been cliche, but at least it made sense (and also a great acronym).

I love the movies, but this title just totally reeks.
Ktulu
So it's a Twilight crossover?
Incepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn84 View Post
Since nowhere I can find WHO registered that domain it really proves nothing...
If you do even just a bare basic WHOIS search, it tells you everything you need to know. Same registrar and same name who registered "TransformersRevengeOfTheFallenMovie.com" on behalf of Paramount & Dreamworks. Whether or not this is the actual title of the movie, the domain is definitely registered by the studios behind it, so it's legit.
PurdueAV2003
Okay, I know everyone is upset about this, but...

Breathe.
Breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.

Coolhand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
Not good. Not good at all. Sounds like a title that the Babelfish online translator would spit out after being converted from English to Japanese then back to English again.
I totally agree, that is exactly what it sounds like.
The Darkness Of The Moon, or Dark Moon, or The Shadow Of The Moon would sound okay but The Dark Of The Moon just sounds awkward and plain wrong.

It can't be the actual title, it just can't be.
Auto Morph
Clunky title is clunky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
It can't be the actual title, it just can't be.
This is how I feel right now.
Ra88
Well, it does make a little more sense if you keep in mind the actual meaning of that phrase, rather then take it to mean 'dark side of the moon':

Quote:
The Dark of the Moon is traditionally the last three days of the Lunar cycle, immediately preceding the New Moon, and the time when the night sky is notably absent the presence of the Moon.
Still somewhat awkward, though.
Omnius
Attack of the Clones loses it's "worst movie sub-title" award.
Auto Morph
Maybe it wouldn't have been so disappointing if it hadn't been "something of the something"
Generic movie title formula strikes again.

And you thought "The Phantom Menace" was bad...
Omnius
On the domain name thing, hasn't the official movie site always been transformersmovie.com?
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
If you do even just a bare basic WHOIS search, it tells you everything you need to know. Same registrar and same name who registered "TransformersRevengeOfTheFallenMovie.com" on behalf of Paramount & Dreamworks. Whether or not this is the actual title of the movie, the domain is definitely registered by the studios behind it, so it's legit.
Thanks I forgot to add who registered to the news post. Kudos to you, Sir!
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnius View Post
On the domain name thing, hasn't the official movie site always been transformersmovie.com?
Yes... But these names are redirects. You type it and it'll take you to the transformersmovie.com. (Not the new name, it's still not active. I mean ROTF Domain)
Omnius
I'm hesitant to use this word after the ROTF build-up but... misinformation? You can bet if the internet was in everyday use in 1983, Lucasfilm would have registered starwarsrevengeofthejedi.com. Domains don't cost that much to register so it's not impossible.

(yes this is me trying to rationalise why they couldn't have possibly chosen such a crap name ).
GAUGE
Could be worse.

They could have called it Transformers: All Your Face Are Belong To Us.
Omnius
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAUGE0001 View Post
Could be worse.

They could have called it Transformers: All your face are belong to us.
I'd rather they called it that!
OP20XX
oh,great!

i feel so good
Recall
Don't companies register multiple domains based on marketing ideas? I'm not taking this as official or correct until its announced from the source.
Incepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
Thanks I forgot to add who registered to the news post. Kudos to you, Sir!
No problem. But you should modify the news post to...

The domain is registered by the same people who registered both the original Transformers movie and ROTF domains on behalf of Paramount & Dreamworks.

...before the waves of "how do we know it's actually legit?" posts start streaming in from all the conspiracy theorists, haha.
Coolhand

Continue: Hasbro Files Transformers: The Dark Of The Moon Trademark Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Tempting Collectibles for Transformers and Godzilla