Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Dark of the Moon Concept Art - Autobot Firefight

Posted on 05-30-2013 at 02:28 PM by Sol Fury under Transformers Movie (Just Movie) (All Transformers Movie News)
Movieconcept1
Concept artist Emiliano Santalucia has posted some new concept work that he did for Hasbro during the development of Transformers Dark of the Moon. There are two pieces of artwork posted, depicting the evolution of a piece titled "Autobot firefight". It's a pure pre-visualisation piece from when ideas were still being batted around, depicting a new team of Autobots. At the time this was done no specific characters were defined other than the team wanting them to be new and look cool, which they certainly do in this piece.

Of interest is that while this is a very early concept, you can see a lot of what made it into the final cut - namely this seems to represent the battle of Chicago.

For those who like to see the progress of a piece of work, Emiliano has also posted up his initial sketch of the piece which you can compare to the final work to see how the ideas evolved during the design process.
Views: 7,804 / Credit: General Tekno of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Dark of the Moon Concept Art - Autobot Firefight

Movieconcept1S
Blazere
Can't wait to see that scene in TF4, however we need some Seekers.
spartan 3764
hmmm, too blury to tell who they are
Computron34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazere View Post
Can't wait to see that scene in TF4, however we need some Seekers.
The scene was concept art for Dark of the Moon. Won't be in TF4.
AutobotJazz1
For all we know this could be tf4 concept art.
Computron34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobotJazz1 View Post
For all we know this could be tf4 concept art.
Except he says in the link it was artwork for DotM.

"We're just starting to see the first glimpses of the new Autobots alt modes in TF 4, and the great folks at Hasbro just gave me permission to post some of the work I was lucky to do for Transformers 3 - The Dark of the Moon."
Metal Sonic
That's some damn fine artwork. I do wonder who those Autobots in the picture are, though.
MV95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computron34 View Post
"We're just starting to see the first glimpses of the new Autobots alt modes in TF 4, and the great folks at Hasbro just gave me permission to post some of the work I was lucky to do for Transformers 3 - The Dark of the Moon."
It always annoyed me that so many people say THE Dark of the Moon.
AutobotJazz1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computron34 View Post
Except he says in the link it was artwork for DotM.

"We're just starting to see the first glimpses of the new Autobots alt modes in TF 4, and the great folks at Hasbro just gave me permission to post some of the work I was lucky to do for Transformers 3 - The Dark of the Moon."
Woah you created this great concept rt?
Emiliano
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV95 View Post
It always annoyed me that so many people say THE Dark of the Moon.
I'm sorry, I just fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Sonic View Post
That's some damn fine artwork. I do wonder who those Autobots in the picture are, though.
Trust me, they are nobody. I wasn't given names. All I had to do was to come up with the scene and not pick any specific character. None of them are meant to be any known character, just a new group of Autobot that was different from the ones already on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobotJazz1 View Post
For all we know this could be tf4 concept art.
If this was for TF4, I'd be fired already
Digilaut
Cool stuff Emiliano!
Jericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computron34 View Post
If this was for TF4, I'd be fired already
I don't know why, but this made me chuckle quite loud
Computron34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobotJazz1 View Post
Woah you created this great concept rt?
No, but he did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
I'm sorry, I just fixed it.


Trust me, they are nobody. I wasn't given names. All I had to do was to come up with the scene and not pick any specific character. None of them are meant to be any known character, just a new group of Autobot that was different from the ones already on Earth


If this was for TF4, I'd be fired already
Walktehdinosaur
sounds to me like these could've been resurrected autobots from the ark.
Knockout196
this looks great,always great to see emiliano's work
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV95 View Post
It always annoyed me that so many people say THE Dark of the Moon.
Actually MV95, "The Dark Of The Moon" was the original working title. It was later dropped.

And thank you Emiliano for these awesome artwork. Hope you are working for TF4 as well. Good luck!
KirbyForce1
I see Ironhide and Megatron in there.
Jazz210
looks like Stargate: a Transformers edition to me... the first pic all i see is sideways and awhole lot of scrap metal following behind him...but thats just me
overall some very good work!
SPLIT LIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz210 View Post
the first pic all i see is sideways and awhole lot of scrap metal following behind him...but thats just me
You can't tell that the "scrap metal" is just Sidways copy/pasted over and over to look like an army?
Dormamu
I do love some good concept art. Although unfortunately, EVERYTHING gets compared to Stargate. I always liked the G1 idea of giant gate, with a hole in space that sucks everything up into it, and DOTM's idea of bridging pillars was not bad, this would have made it seem more like a gateway.
Yggdrasil
Man the last battle of DOTM would be so much cooler if they used laser guns like here instead of regular bullets.

I miss good laser gun battles.
Stygian360
Cool stuff! I much prefer the more 'birth-like' use of the teleporter tech that Sentinel Prime employs in DOTM- where soldiers jump in and are essentially spit out the other end in a dead run, often clumsily so- but this design could have worked just as well.

Would have loved to see the toy that was designed to go along with this backdrop.
MindChamber
I definitely wouldve preferred this version of the space bridge over the beam of light that was in the final movie. Even if it is a bit Stargate-ish, its far more interesting to look at.
Gingerchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormamu View Post
I do love some good concept art. Although unfortunately, EVERYTHING gets compared to Stargate. I always liked the G1 idea of giant gate, with a hole in space that sucks everything up into it, and DOTM's idea of bridging pillars was not bad, this would have made it seem more like a gateway
Maybe next time to be different they should go with a Space Bridge that's more like Spanner was in the Marvel comics. Maybe then it won't be accused of being so Stargate-y.
Moy
Really nice but sure wish for Soundwave artwork.
MrSoundmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
Maybe next time to be different they should go with a Space Bridge that's more like Spanner was in the Marvel comics. Maybe then it won't be accused of being so Stargate-y.
So basicly... you think they should make this



And make it more... Bayformery? then i hope they end up using one big scientist bot to make that thing along with the rest of the spacebridge parts.

and who ever even does that in fan art form. well you get my respect.
Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSoundmeister View Post
So basicly... you think they should make this

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/f/f7/Spanner.jpg

And make it more... Bayformery? then i hope they end up using one big scientist bot to make that thing along with the rest of the spacebridge parts.

and who ever even does that in fan art form. well you get my respect.
one big scientist bot

one big scientist bot

...

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...erreddevil.png


SemiOmegaPrime
Looks literally like a Stargate like from SG1?
Gingerchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSoundmeister View Post
So basicly... you think they should make this

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/f/f7/Spanner.jpg

And make it more... Bayformery? then i hope they end up using one big scientist bot to make that thing along with the rest of the spacebridge parts
It certainly is a very BayFormery-looking type of thing. I think it would fit quite well. If they wanted a giant CGI project to brag about for one of the future movies like they did with Devastator and the Driller then this kind of Tranformer Space Bridge could be it.
Emiliano
I posted a couple more images just yesterday with Optimus flying
Santalux: Emiliano Santalucia's Blog: Transformers 3 - Movie concept exploration 3

Continue: Dark of the Moon Concept Art - Autobot Firefight Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena