Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Hasbro Website Updated with Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Character Art

Posted on 04-11-2014 at 07:32 AM by TunaKaan under Transformers Movie
2D8194B350569047F59CE14B3BB76668
Hasbro website has been updated with character art which we see on toy packages. It is possible that these are the backgrounds for characters' profile pages which will contain basic info about them.

Check out the incredible artwork for Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Hound, Crosshairs, Drift, Grimlock, Strafe, Slug, Slash, Scorn, Galvatron, Stinger and Lockdown after the jump in high resolution.

And be sure to check TFW for more info.
Views: 23,003

Images for Hasbro Website Updated with Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Character Art

2D6FE5BA50569047F5E0301ECCFF2836
2D71981050569047F5C597864EAA7488
2D7306C650569047F564DE88035D8CDA
2D744AA250569047F5C880E195BB6E43
2D75545450569047F5D51EDD93EDEDEF
2D7A43F850569047F5848DFC9E9F179E
2D7B2AEF50569047F53CAF13B9925621
2D7C1D4050569047F5F02E429D874BE4
2D80216950569047F5884A74F279E6AC
46E8B4EC50569047F55F4C9D29002DE2
46E91FEB50569047F5AFF42755DCB0B9
46E986C450569047F5F5322D3DFD48FD
JasonPrime
I love them. Nicely done. I guess the floodgates have opened man.
Burnout00012
Let me get my immediate joy out of the way, first.

HOUND HAS FUCKING DOGTAGS!! YESS!!

Ahem.


Now then, I think they all look fantastic! Lockdown looks especially menacing. Can't wait to see more of these guys!
tonyformer
Very cool
Thundershot
Is Stinger a Bumblebee repaint/remold?
Red Goblin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Is Stinger a Bumblebee repaint/remold?
Bee is a Stinger remold.
Heat Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Is Stinger a Bumblebee repaint/remold?
Prolly Bee gets jealous or something knowing him.
SFSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaKaan View Post
Bee is a Stinger remold.
Any chance we get a BB Voyager later?
JasonPrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSE View Post
Any chance we get a BB Voyager later?
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Either that or maybe a new Human Alliance type figure if they decide to go that route again. Bee is the most popular character I'm pretty sure we'll get him in a bigger scale again. What concerns me is the lack of figures for the bad guys. And specifically why not have a leader Galvatron and voyager Lockdown. Why Hasbro? WHY? Why you make a grown man cry?
Timothy.R
wow.. if i was going by the toys.. i wouldn't recognize any of these characters.. they're all colored differently.

what a bummer.. such cool designs destroyed by some idiot at hasbro throwing a dart at a color wheel..

i mean.. how easy is drifts color scheme.. yet they ROYALLY screwed that up.
Ring3r
Hm. Slash has green eyes rather than the blue or red of the other Dinobots.

I wonder if Slash is a human-made reverse engineer job of a Dinobot?
Tman978
I'm glad someone had the brains enough to give all the Dinobots names that start with S. I didn't catch that at first.
mttyns
So Snarl, the Sonic/Rally and 'Wolf' all remain elusive...
SFSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPrime View Post
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Either that or maybe a new Human Alliance type figure if they decide to go that route again. Bee is the most popular character I'm pretty sure we'll get him in a bigger scale again. What concerns me is the lack of figures for the bad guys. And specifically why not have a leader Galvatron and voyager Lockdown. Why Hasbro? WHY? Why you make a grown man cry?
I KNOW.... I've been thinking that this whole time. I don't get it. It feels to me a little like they may be trying to keep something under wraps. A big baddie or a twist, or maybe Lockdown winds up being the one pulling the strings, etc. Because the complete lack in this area seems very strange given that people seem to love their designs....
dmc2008
Looks like the Decepticons don't stand a chance against all those heroes!

In other news, I'm still very disappointed in Lockdown's head design..
SFSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttyns View Post
So Snarl, the Sonic/Rally and 'Wolf' all remain elusive...
They're not trying to be elusive, they are just playing xbox at big foot's house...
Spidertron
I've never felt so indifferent about a Transformers movie before. 3 Decepticons? Is that it? I thought Cyclonus was in this one? Is it called Age of Extinction because most of the Transformers are dead?! Haha...When are these Hollywood schmucks gonna give us a proper Transformers movie with ARMIES of Autobots and Decepticons duking it out on Cybertron? (the intro to DOTM doesn't count) I also hate the fact the human characters get so much screentime when they aren't even interesting or likeable. I bet Peltz and Reynor's romantic scenes will be nauseating. Oh and Drift and one or two others don't even look like Transformers! Not to me anyway. They look kinda creepy with humanesque faces. I think I will sit this one out.
Burnout00012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidertron View Post
When are these Hollywood schmucks gonna give us a proper Transformers movie with ARMIES of Autobots and Decepticons duking it out on Cybertron? (the intro to DOTM doesn't count)
When they can get a bajillion dollars to use on CGI and 13 years to produce it.

Also, why doesn't the DOTM intro count? That was literally armies of bots and cons duking it out on Cybertron.
EnerJohn
Love em!! They look so good. I live that I can look at their faces and see all their features. Great job!
Backpack
Love the art work.... but not that they are all basicly in the same running pose.
JasonPrime
They've even got robo-feathers on the Velociraptor. cool.
tonyformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring3r View Post
Hm. Slash has green eyes rather than the blue or red of the other Dinobots.

I wonder if Slash is a human-made reverse engineer job of a Dinobot?
i don't think he's man made. Galvatron we know is and he still has Red eyes. Lockdown has Green eyes and he's not man made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttyns View Post
So Snarl, the Sonic/Rally and 'Wolf' all remain elusive...
If you notice though, all these art renders are the same ones we have already seen on toy packaging. The ones missing are retro Bee, Silver OP and Flat nose OP art. And of course any wave 3 toys we have not seen yet.
Spidertron
And Hollywood DOESN'T have a bajillion dollars to spend on movies, Burnout? The DOTM intro doesn't count because it was only a few seconds long. I want a battle like the fight for Autobot City in the 1986 animated movie. But we don't get that we just get Shia Labouef and his girlfriend problems...
primal789
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyformer View Post
i don't think he's man made. Galvatron we know is and he still has Red eyes. Lockdown has Green eyes and he's not man made.


If you notice though, all these art renders are the same ones we have already seen on toy packaging. The ones missing are retro Bee, Silver OP and Flat nose OP art. And of course any wave 3 toys we have not seen yet.
I hope they release the artwork for those in the future.Just love them!
kaiserlisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPrime View Post
They've even got robo-feathers on the Velociraptor. cool.
Almost, but not quite. They could have easily gone the unfeathered route though, so I'm not unhappy.
eltonlin98
I still get the feeling that Hasbro and Co are still hiding some characters from us...............
Achilles1943
Thats it... I am going to call him Bulkhead from now on... end of conversation...
SFSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltonlin98 View Post
I still get the feeling that Hasbro and Co are still hiding some characters from us...............
Agreed. Or at least some vital details...
Burnout00012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidertron View Post
And Hollywood DOESN'T have a bajillion dollars to spend on movies, Burnout? The DOTM intro doesn't count because it was only a few seconds long. I want a battle like the fight for Autobot City in the 1986 animated movie. But we don't get that we just get Shia Labouef and his girlfriend problems...
No, they don't. If they had that much money and time, they would make a movie like that. But CGI is very costly and time consuming to work with. Especially of that calibre. If I remember correctly, the Driller for DOTM took four months to render by itself.
Spidertron
At least someone has had the sense to introduce Dinobots into the movieverse though. I honestly thought that would never happen.
eltonlin98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidertron View Post
At least someone has had the sense to introduce Dinobots into the movieverse though. I honestly thought that would never happen.
Haha, well, money talks.
fallen_revenge
Now I have plenty of new wallpapers
Spidertron
Okay Burnout, you are right, but why is it always so FEW Transformers appearing in the films? Why couldn't we have bigger teams of bots? Surely they could have added Prowl and Hot Rod and a handful of other faves? I don't think anyone can honestly say they are getting to see enough characters. There was only 5 Autobots in the first film. Ok it worked but a few more wouldn't have gone amiss.
Burnout00012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidertron View Post
Okay Burnout, you are right, but why is it always so FEW Transformers appearing in the films? Why couldn't we have bigger teams of bots? Surely they could have added Prowl and Hot Rod and a handful of other faves? I don't think anyone can honestly say they are getting to see enough characters. There was only 5 Autobots in the first film. Ok it worked but a few more wouldn't have gone amiss.
Relax, Man. We still have two more movies to go, possibly even a third trilogy if things work out well. Give them time, I'm sure those characters will appear sooner or later. It took us 4 films to get to Hound, after all.
mttyns
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyformer View Post
i don't think he's man made. Galvatron we know is and he still has Red eyes. Lockdown has Green eyes and he's not man made.


If you notice though, all these art renders are the same ones we have already seen on toy packaging. The ones missing are retro Bee, Silver OP and Flat nose OP art. And of course any wave 3 toys we have not seen yet.
Yeah, I was kind of alluding to how they're notable by their absence
tonyformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidertron View Post
Okay Burnout, you are right, but why is it always so FEW Transformers appearing in the films? Why couldn't we have bigger teams of bots? Surely they could have added Prowl and Hot Rod and a handful of other faves? I don't think anyone can honestly say they are getting to see enough characters. There was only 5 Autobots in the first film. Ok it worked but a few more wouldn't have gone amiss.
My biggest gripe is they have the money and time to give the D-Cons massive armies but the bots can't even get a few units of soldiers. I'd love to see a few names Bots actually leading units of no names Autobot soldiers into battle.
Spidertron
Case in point: WHO THE FUCK IS CROSSHAIRS?????!!!! He was a Targetmaster and not even an exciting one. So why omit the likes of Hot Rod for non-entities like that?
nobleboivin
Cool
zeroomegazx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout00012 View Post
When they can get a bajillion dollars to use on CGI and 13 years to produce it.

Also, why doesn't the DOTM intro count? That was literally armies of bots and cons duking it out on Cybertron.
It's not that much anymore.... plus I've seen better war scenes in the WFC Video games than these multi million dollar movies.
Burnout00012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidertron View Post
Case in point: WHO THE FUCK IS CROSSHAIRS?????!!!! He was a Targetmaster and not even an exciting one. So why omit the likes of Hot Rod for non-entities like that?
Because this isn't G1, and they're not required to have the G1 cast.

Besides, they wouldn't be anything like their G1 selves, and the fandom would complain. Again. Same cycle every time. It's either "Who's this new guy? Should have been X" or "Noo, Bay is ruining X! They should have just made him a different character!"
mttyns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout00012 View Post
Relax, Man. We still have two more movies to go, possibly even a third trilogy if things work out well. Give them time, I'm sure those characters will appear sooner or later. It took us 4 films to get to Hound, after all.
Plus, the more robots, the less there is for each to do and the more each on e just basically becomes and 'extra'. This isn't something unique to Transformers. It's the same in any movie really, it's just that most of the time all the parts are played by people so we don't have this thing of 'not enough of x, too many of y', but if the parts are spread too thin then you end up with no one really doing anything of any substance and their part holding little weight.
Burnout00012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroomegazx View Post
It's not that much anymore.... plus I've seen better war scenes in the WFC Video games than these multi million dollar movies.
Personally, I think the WFC games look like crap, but that's just me.
zeroomegazx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidertron View Post
Case in point: WHO THE FUCK IS CROSSHAIRS?????!!!! He was a Targetmaster and not even an exciting one. So why omit the likes of Hot Rod for non-entities like that?
They already have *hot rod* as bumblebee. Its a shame they dont bring Hot Rod back though. Bee was never meant to be the type of crappy character they made him into. Looking forward to MP Bumblebee and the true spirit of that character.
Spidertron
I also think this deal with General Motors is too influential, its almost as if its the main consideration.
tonyformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout00012 View Post
Relax, Man. We still have two more movies to go, possibly even a third trilogy if things work out well. Give them time, I'm sure those characters will appear sooner or later. It took us 4 films to get to Hound, after all.
Well think about it this way, as long as bay is directing or producing, each film will have to add something that has not been done or is larger than the last. With the addition of the Dinobots, anything is possible now. Any number of Stange animals, bugs or other creatures are fair game, add in that we already have had Combiners and armies of TFs. I'd expect the next movie to introduce more beast-like TFs and even Titan TFs like Omega Supreme and the likes. It just has to happen sooner than later at this rate lol
FanimusMaximus
Stingers a clone of Bumblebee, calling it now.
Burnout00012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyformer View Post
Well think about it this way, as long as bay is directing or producing, each film will have to add something that has not been done or is larger than the last. With the addition of the Dinobots, anything is possible now. Any number of Stange animals, bugs or other creatures are fair game, add in that we already have had Combiners and armies of TFs. I'd expect the next movie to introduce more beast-like TFs and even Titan TFs like Omega Supreme and the likes. It just has to happen sooner than later at this rate lol
No doubt about that. I'd love to see Omega Spreem as the ARK from DOTM. Or a Bagger 288 Transformer!!
Spidertron
Tut...I know this is not G1 but everyone wants the classic characters don't they? I'm not expecting 50 Autobots and Decepticons in one movie all vying for the viewers attention, I just want appearances by cool characters. Cameos would suffice! :-)
ComfyDeathshot
Galvatron is starting to grow on me.
Smokescreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanimusMaximus View Post
Stingers a clone of Bumblebee, calling it now.
Or perhaps it's the other way around. There was that scene in the trailer where retro Bee transformed next to Stinger. Maybe Bee likes the look and scans Stinger's bot mode. It is funny though that they turn into different vehicles.

On topic, I love all of the artwork. Grimlock is now my desktop background!

Continue: Hasbro Website Updated with Transformers 4 Age of Extinction Character Art Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Hobby Link Japan