Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Takara-Tomy Masterpiece Soundwave Reissue in September 2013

Posted on 06-10-2013 at 07:08 AM by Sol Fury under Transformers Masterpiece
t5UtmMBo_fbsPDFqlm1AvA
Here is the first of two "good news" stories for Masterpiece collectors - Masterpiece Soundwave is going to get a second run in Japan! The reissue is set for September 2013 and will be at the original price of 15,800 yen. This is great news if you wanted to pick up this definitive version of Generation 1 Soundwave and missed out on the first time. Don't forget he is also coming to the US as a Toys R Us exclusive with all five of his cassettes later this year!

This news comes via a selection of retailers and Japanese blogs including our own sponsors Robot Kingdom!
Views: 5,801 / Credit: Duomaxwell1017 of the 2005 Boards!
alldarker
This is correct. There will be a re-issue of MP-13 Takara, at the original price. Should be released around September, October.

See also this!
Quote:
TAKARATOMY 2013年9月再販: Transformers Master Piece MP-13 Soundwave 15,800Yen
opt1musaber
WTF, how did it decrease in price by that much. I might get another....
Spark Extractor
anime export has him for 11060 Yen (about $112.00 usd). You pay now, but shipping is chosen and charged when its released.

Soundwave

p.s. they have smokescreen for preorder for about $46 usd + shipping
anubis20
Good! this allows me to get another one since my 1st one was full of QC issues and this screws BBTS and their 147 units @ $230
MrFX
Aannnd down go the ebay prices for Soundwave. I'm so glad he's getting a re-release so people don't get jacked up into paying $230+ for him...now if they would just re-release MP-11...
BWfan86
Is robot kingdom reliable/ trustworthy? Never purchased anything from them
alldarker
I've pre-ordered one... What I'm really REALLY hoping for is that in this re-run, Soundwave will be packaged in alt-mode! That would save a huge amount of packaged air, which seemed a huge waste to me in the first run.

Also, and more importantly to me personally, it makes the package a little less conspicuous when it goes through customs!
ShockWave77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark Extractor View Post
anime export has him for 11060 Yen (about $112.00 usd). You pay now, but shipping is chosen and charged when its released.

Soundwave

p.s. they have smokescreen for preorder for about $46 usd + shipping
how much will shipping be to USA?
HolyCulture
I just ordered SW and the cassettes from BBTS. What kind of QC problems are you talking about? I haven't heard anything so far.
Astronut
Reissue already? So much for a tape player not being very marketable these days
Glad to see this guy selling well.
alldarker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWave77 View Post
how much will shipping be to USA?
Shipping for a very comparably sized Macross Valkyrie (Elintseeker VE-1) to Europe cost me 2.090 JPY (SAL) late last year, which is about $21 (at today's conversion rates).
Ceerad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark Extractor View Post
anime export has him for 11060 Yen (about $112.00 usd). You pay now, but shipping is chosen and charged when its released.

Soundwave

p.s. they have smokescreen for preorder for about $46 usd + shipping
Just waiting for HLJ to put up a pre order at that price. Should be hitting right around the time of MP-17 and MP-18. That'll save some shipping $. If HLJ doesn't get any of these, I'll roll the dice with the Hasbro release.
ShockWave77
whats HLJ?
alldarker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWave77 View Post
whats HLJ?
HobbyLink Japan. They're great if you like your pre-orders to be a gamble
Shockwave9227
This is great for people whom missed out on the figure during it's initial release!

What I'm hoping for is a re-release of MP-11.
Nightrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldarker View Post
HobbyLink Japan. They're great if you like your pre-orders to be a gamble
lol exactly.
Ceerad
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldarker View Post
HobbyLink Japan. They're great if you like your pre-orders to be a gamble
You just have to make sure you don't get in at the tail end of their pre-orders.
The first 80-90% are probably safe bets. It's that last 10% of their pre-orders that they may or may not get the stock to fill.
bobbyjack
Hopefully this means we will get another run of Lambor too!
Houndvoice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave9227 View Post
This is great for people whom missed out on the figure during it's initial release!

What I'm hoping for is a re-release of MP-11.
+9000
03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjack View Post
Hopefully this means we will get another run of Lambor too!
This is like the call of the wild for armchair 'licensing experts'.









Wait for it...
HolyCulture
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis20 View Post
Good! this allows me to get another one since my 1st one was full of QC issues and this screws BBTS and their 147 units @ $230
What QC problems with Soundwave are you talking about?
bobbyjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1 View Post
This is like the call of the wild for armchair 'licensing experts'.









Wait for it...
I'd like to think Hasbro and Takara will be holding on to the Lamorghini license because of the Lamborghini they keep showing that is supposed to be in Transformers 4. Maybe they learned their lesson from DOTM, that they can't make a toy of a Ferrari because of Mattel's exclusive use of Ferrari's likeness.
Yobuster
ok so the only question now is, at that timing which version to get USA TRU version of JP version?
Incepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1 View Post
This is like the call of the wild for armchair 'licensing experts'.
Haha, yup. *high five!*
igniz1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis20 View Post
Good! this allows me to get another one since my 1st one was full of QC issues and this screws BBTS and their 147 units @ $230
lol now I don't see anyone biting on those unless your impatient.
robvega214
lol ^
lee9
Wahoo!! I love reissues of these highly desired items. Here's hoping to more Masterpiece reissues.
deathsheadII
looks like its not a massive restock/reissue with robot kingdom only 73 left
Grimm
Hell yeah!!! Pre-ordered, not taking any chances with the soon to be Hasbro fiasco.
abe_sapien
Is anime export reliable?
abe_sapien
Also , what's the cheapest place to get the tapes? (I'm new to MPs)
Optimus Prime
TFSource has re-stock on pre-order: MP-13 - Masterpiece Soundwave - 2nd Production Run

Way cheaper than BBTS, free shipping, good enough for me. I'll still (try to) get TRU MP Soundwave for the extra cassettes, but considering how I never got TRU MP Rodimus or Optimus, I'm not taking my chances.
CyclonuS_ZerO
Get it while the gettin's good people. This guy is perfect.
Megatronus27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
TFSource has re-stock on pre-order: MP-13 - Masterpiece Soundwave - 2nd Production Run

Way cheaper than BBTS, free shipping, good enough for me. I'll still (try to) get TRU MP Soundwave for the extra cassettes, but considering how I never got TRU MP Rodimus or Optimus, I'm not taking my chances.
Holly Cassette Players Batman! TFSource is only charging $160 (w/ FREE SHIPPING)?!

That's cheaper than the original release pricing at $189!

That surprises me that he is actually cheaper than he was originally! Must be the Hasbro release impacting pricing.

I was waiting to pick up 2 Hasbros, but at such a cheap Anime Export price, I might as well get the Takara version and only find 1 US version for the tapes.
gakken85
So when do we get a re-issue of takara's grimlock

This is the only way to really combat scalping. Re-issue all the things!
deathsheadII
Quote:
Originally Posted by abe_sapien View Post
Is anime export reliable?
yes very
Arkitect76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronus27 View Post
Holly Cassette Players Batman! TFSource is only charging $160 (w/ FREE SHIPPING)?!

That's cheaper than the original release pricing at $189!

That surprises me that he is actually cheaper than he was originally! Must be the Hasbro release impacting pricing.

I was waiting to pick up 2 Hasbros, but at such a cheap Anime Export price, I might as well get the Takara version and only find 1 US version for the tapes.
great minds think alike...lol...I wasnt going at all for the TAK with there pricing...but AE pricing was too good to pass up....so now im only looking for one TRU SW and Im good to go...
AnAutobot1985
And.......
PREORDERED!

Not taking chances either with Hasbro. If I find him and get a second to keep in tape player mode and also have all 5 cassettes then GREAT! If not, no sweat. I prefer the red visor and slightly darker paint on this guy anyway.
OptionZero
Pre order discount . . . Awesome
daelite20
and who said rerun should cost more?
Red Snarl
Here's hoping for a re-release of mp-11 starscream.
abe_sapien
How much was the original price of mp-11 starscream ?
AnAutobot1985
Quote:
Originally Posted by abe_sapien View Post
How much was the original price of mp-11 starscream ?
I believe he too was 160ish. Ridiculous that now you can't seem to find one for less than 300 already.
guard convoy
hopefully they actually make enough to fill orders unlike the first time

though I suggest nobody order from TFsource just in case so you don't potentially get screwed out of money
Incepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Snarl View Post
Here's hoping for a re-release of mp-11 starscream.
This.
Megatronus27
Did Anime Export run out of pre-order supply the same as HLJ did with the tapes?

I made my first AE pre-order, but I haven't paid yet as I supposedly have 48 hours. Just out of curiosity... is there any concern sending payment today vs. tomorrow?
Arkitect76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronus27 View Post
Did Anime Export run out of pre-order supply the same as HLJ did with the tapes?

I made my first AE pre-order, but I haven't paid yet as I supposedly have 48 hours. Just out of curiosity... is there any concern sending payment today vs. tomorrow?
the sooner you pay the more you guarantee your order won't be cancelled...first come, first serve is their motto...check the FAQ section....
Chrackalakis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
TFSource has re-stock on pre-order: MP-13 - Masterpiece Soundwave - 2nd Production Run
So I just got my pre-order in too, now have to ask... how is TFSource? I've never bought from them before.
Megatronus27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkitect76 View Post
the sooner you pay the more you guarantee your order won't be cancelled...first come, first serve is their motto...check the FAQ section....
AND a BIG THANK YOU!

Sincerely,

Me.

EDIT: Paid. I'm a little concerned that the US Hasbro won't come with the Megatron gun or perhaps without the energon cubes. At this price, the Taraka makes a lot of sense. And I don't have to try to paint the eyes now!

Continue: Takara-Tomy Masterpiece Soundwave Reissue in September 2013 Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
TFSource.com