Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Masterpiece Soundwave Energon Cube Insert Papercraft

Posted on 01-11-2013 at 07:14 AM by Sol Fury under Transformers Masterpiece
SW-with-Energon-sheet
Here is something bizarre yet fun. Masterpiece Soundwave's release through Amazon in Japan comes with a special, clear Energon cube accessory. What Takara-Tomy has released as a special bonus is an insert for that cube to represent when the Decepticons "filled" the Energon cubes with energy plundered from Earth. It's a free download available from their site, and doubtless there's a possibility here to make some custom Energon cubes to display with your Transformers.

The Takara-Tomy campaign page is here.

A direct link to the PDF download is here.
Views: 7,244 / Credit: Cheem the Rup of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Masterpiece Soundwave Energon Cube Insert Papercraft

box_sheet
robvega214
LOL wut?
3.8TransAM
Ok I gotta do this.

"Paper or plastic..... Mr Soundwave is it???"
[Wing_Saber-X]
Jawsome. Now to get an MP-13 to even do this!
The_Black_Sheep
Hold on - I'm gonna be paying $189 for my MP Soundwave - Couldn't they have thrown a couple of these in his box for free?
krysuk
Why would I want the white one?
TFfanOP
That's cool of them to do.
AngryChad
Not quite sure why, but I really want this accessory. If anyone plans on selling theirs, let me know!
TigerBlade
There should be a half full version!
Maz
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Black_Sheep View Post
Hold on - I'm gonna be paying $189 for my MP Soundwave - Couldn't they have thrown a couple of these in his box for free?
Well it's not costing anything anyway, it's a "free download".

Plus, it's only for the Amazon MP-13 orders that come with the Energon cube accessory. If you bought yours at a different place, then it would be a pointless thing to include.

EDIT: My bad, they all come with a cube.

All the best
Maz
Rodentus prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
y for the Amazon MP-13 orders that come with the Energon cube accessory. If you bought yours at a different place, then it would be a pointless thing to include.
I believe all MP13's come with one cube - Amazon orders come with extras.
Maz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodentus prime View Post
I believe all MP13's come with one cube - Amazon orders come with extras.
Ah I see, well it is still free!

All the best
Maz
charsdc2
This guys looks bad ass! Wow!
Incepticon
Well that's... neat... I think.
Xzbit
He looks to be shaping up to be the best soundwave of all time.
MACRAPTRON
Enough teasing, give us this thing NOW.
MegaDolrailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodentus prime
I believe all MP13's come with one cube - Amazon orders come with extras.
Ah I see, well it is still free!

All the best
Maz
Hold up hold up, all of them have the cube? but I preordered the Amazon one just for that!, what do I obtain that the others do not?!
Autovolt 127
I wonder how the Cons will could get drunk off of this paper cube?
brr-icy
awesome
Johnator
Interesting stuff.
TCJJ
That's totally random, but at the same time, I love it.
TFao
This reminds me a lot of the Unicron.com energon cubes. They come with this same sort of fold up paper insert, but not quite as bland as this pink one.
Lody666
As important as Energon cubes were to Season 1...Hasbro needs to get off their butts and put a boxed set together
mx-01 archon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody666 View Post
As important as Energon cubes were to Season 1...Hasbro needs to get off their butts and put a boxed set together
Yeah, because a set of plastic cubes that do absolutely nothing is going to sell gangbusters on Wal-Mart shelves .
clintfca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodentus prime View Post
I believe all MP13's come with one cube - Amazon orders come with extras.
Please verify where that info came from. Retailers like RK are listing the cube as a Amazon.jp exclusives. Retailers like tfsource list regular orders of MP13 without any mention of the addition of the cube.
yummehcheese
Actually, I remember an article where it was mentioned the Amazon.co.jp edition comes with two cubes, as opposed to all regular editions having one.
It may have been a mistake though, since I didn't hear anything about the cubes again.
Rodentus prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintfca View Post
Please verify where that info came from. Retailers like RK are listing the cube as a Amazon.jp exclusives. Retailers like tfsource list regular orders of MP13 without any mention of the addition of the cube.
I don't know if its been stated definately but all the official Takara pics show one cube as an accessory and in the resourses section two cubes are listed as the amazon.jp exclusive (not sure if this means 3 in total)
brr-icy
every single pic of mp-13 with his accessories has a cube with him, the amazon pics have multiples

but don't worry, dr wu will cast and sell them just like he did the piledrivers (i hope, kinda want like 20 for a display lol)
dannyboy76
^ I'm pretty sure the displays at shows had amazon exclusive written next to the figure. It's also pointless for an amazon exclusive to be 1 extra energon cube. My paper money is on the regular edition to come without any energon cubes.

Back to the paper fill out, I don't remember soundwave ever having a full energon cube on his chest. I can only remember him producing empty cubes.
TFao
Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
every single pic of mp-13 with his accessories has a cube with him, the amazon pics have multiples

but don't worry, dr wu will cast and sell them just like he did the piledrivers (i hope, kinda want like 20 for a display lol)
That's exactly why I bought two sets of 10 from Unicron.com, to display between MP-04 & MP-05. They aren't the same dimensions as the ones that come with SW, but they'll do nicely I think.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy76 View Post
^ I'm pretty sure the displays at shows had amazon exclusive written next to the figure. It's also pointless for an amazon exclusive to be 1 extra energon cube. My paper money is on the regular edition to come without any energon cubes.

Back to the paper fill out, I don't remember soundwave ever having a full energon cube on his chest. I can only remember him producing empty cubes.
True. But if you are gonna have more than one (Amazon) lying arond, I would think you would prefer to have the one(s) not attached to SW to be filled? Plus, since it's a free print out, I think it's cool to have the option.
LegendAntihero
Amazon gets an exclusive? hmm, and I was planning to buy mine from ToyArena.
Stepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Black_Sheep View Post
Hold on - I'm gonna be paying $189 for my MP Soundwave - Couldn't they have thrown a couple of these in his box for free?
Couldn't have agree with you more on this,they are lazy or what.....
Black0ut55
OOOOOOOOhhhhhhh, they put the paper one inside the clear box. These must be easy to make then! Although, I wish they were gold with multiple colors thrown in...

Continue: Masterpiece Soundwave Energon Cube Insert Papercraft Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Big Bad Toy Store