A few short clips have been posted with interviews by Takara Masterpiece designers Hironori Kobayashi
, and the man from whom he is taking the Masterpiece line over from, Shogo Hasui
. Thanks to TFW2005 boards member zy80, we also have a few tidbits from the videos to share with you, mostly having to do with what the designers' favorite Transformers are, what they've designed, and their thoughts on the future of the Masterpiece line.
Mr. Kobayashi says...
• His first experience with Transformers was around the age of 10.
• He favors the G1 Season 1 Autobots, and likes Sharkticon in particular.
• When asked which were his favorites amongst the toys he designed, he responded with his favorite Masterpiece being Grimlock, Revenge of the Fallen Devastator, and Age of Extinction Evasion Mode Optimus Prime
(a surprise, as we hadn't known this before. Many consider Evasion Mode Optimus Prime to be one of the best Age of Extinction figures).
• He will work hard to design future Masterpieces to give everyone a positive surprise, and asks everyone to please support Transformers and the Masterpiece series!
And Mr. Hasui says...
• His first experience with Transformers was also at 10 years old, when everyone gathered all their Transformers at a friend's home. He could never forget the feeling of seeing all the toys lined up together. Hence that is why he will emphasize on scale when toys are placed beside one another
• He favors the G1 Decepticons, especially Bruticus. Combiners and military vehicles were appealing to him. With all those weapons on him, Bruticus is the symbol for Decepticons
• At the end of interview, he mentions that the recent Masterpieces have emphasized on scale. In the future, there will be more exciting developments in the Masterpiece series
Check it out and discuss after the jump!