Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers United Up for Preorder at Big Bad Toy Store, more characters confirmed!

Posted on 10-08-2010 at 06:06 PM by Sol Fury under Transformers Generations Classics 3.0
TAK11195
Our friends and sponsors at Big Bad Toy Store have listed the complete range of Transformers United toys known so far for preorder. We only learned of a few entries into the series this morning, these are all now confirmed (although the numbering is slightly different) and four more releases have been confirmed - Grapple, Scourge, "Autobot Tobura" and "Hoilgaru". The last two are probably mistranslations, as "Autobot Tobura" could be a mistransliteration of the literal Japanese pronunciation of "Autobot Blurr", which Takara-Tomy used recently for their Animated Blurr release.

The full listing of the upcoming Transformers United line is as follows:

UN-01 Optimus Prime Cybertron Mode
UN-02 Bumblebee Cybertron Mode
UN-03 Cliffjumper Cybertron Mode
UN-04 Megatron Cybertron Mode
UN-05 Soundwave Cybertron Mode
UN-06 Optimus Prime
UN-07 Bumblebee
UN-08 Autobot Drift
UN-09 Megatron
UN-10 Straxus
UN-11 Autobot Grapple
UN-12 Autobot Jazz
UN-13 Autobot Tracks
UN-14 Decepticon Lugnut
UN-15 Autobot Perceptor
UN-16 Autobot Blurr
UN-17 Autobot Kup
UN-18 Wreck-Gar
UN-19 Hoilgaru
UN-20 Rumble & Frenzy
UN-21 Decepticon Scourge
UN-22 G2 Optimus Prime


Given the different numbering from the earlier report, this may still be subject to change. But it looks like already Transformers United will rival Transformers Henkei for number of releases. As always when new information does become available, we will update you on the latest developments, so be sure to check back often!
Views: 5,843 / Credit: Crobot91 of the 2005 Boards!
Optimus Vader
Has there been any word on whether that United Megs (the classics/henkei! reissue) is coming to the states or not? I preordered that, but will cancel if it's coming to the US.
Fast_Draw
What are these exactly? Takara's version of Generations? Are they similar or drastically different?
mx-01 archon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Draw View Post
What are these exactly? Takara's version of Generations? Are they similar or drastically different?
Transformers United is Takara's Generations line, yes.

The few pics we've seen suggest that they're continuing the route they took with Animated, with the toys painted up in shiny metallics.
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Vader View Post
Has there been any word on whether that United Megs (the classics/henkei! reissue) is coming to the states or not? I preordered that, but will cancel if it's coming to the US.
Nope never. Hasbro said they can't release the figure in the colors they did it in back in 2006 (this was back in 2008 I believe), never mind the more realistic colors (without an orange tip) that the Henkei & United version feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Draw View Post
What are these exactly? Takara's version of Generations? Are they similar or drastically different?
As mx-01 archon said it's Generations in Japan, but also features some figures from the HtfD and Reveal the Shield line (Transformers (2010)).

No idea on how different the figures will be besides some metallic paint added.

Randy
miscreant
All i can think of for some reason is Hooligan.. even though i can't think what mold would fit character.

I'm gonna guess United Grapple will be more orangey than the Hasbro version... but we'll see.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Vader View Post
Has there been any word on whether that United Megs (the classics/henkei! reissue) is coming to the states or not?
With the mold back in use, a new bunch of fans, and a Hasbro reissue of the original Megatron impossible.... i'd say it's a fairly likely store exclusive.

I'd guess we wouldn't know until much closer to the release of the United version though.

Hasbro also said at the time that the lurid color scheme on their version was the only way they could get it on the shelves. So if they re-release the mold, the colors aren't likely to be any less garish.
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
With the mold back in use, a new bunch of fans, and a Hasbro reissue of the original Megatron impossible.... i'd say it's a fairly likely store exclusive.

I'd guess we wouldn't know until much closer to the release of the United version though.

Hasbro also said at the time that the lurid color scheme on their version was the only way they could get it on the shelves. So if they re-release the mold, the colors aren't likely to be any less garish.
As I mentioned above, even the original 2006 Classics colors are not an option for that mold any more, as even those are not bright enough supposedly. So yeah, gray, silver, and black will never be colors that mold is released in by Hasbro.

Randy
Optimus Vader
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredConvoy View Post
Nope never. Hasbro said they can't release the figure in the colors they did it in back in 2006 (this was back in 2008 I believe), never mind the more realistic colors (without an orange tip) that the Henkei & United version feature.

Randy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
With the mold back in use, a new bunch of fans, and a Hasbro reissue of the original Megatron impossible.... i'd say it's a fairly likely store exclusive.

I'd guess we wouldn't know until much closer to the release of the United version though.

Hasbro also said at the time that the lurid color scheme on their version was the only way they could get it on the shelves. So if they re-release the mold, the colors aren't likely to be any less garish.
Then I think I'll keep my preorder and treat myself to a nice little import this Dec (always wanted the Henkei! version, but I think I like United's paint app even more).
Thundershot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Vader View Post
Then I think I'll keep my preorder and treat myself to a nice little import this Dec (always wanted the Henkei! version, but I think I like United's paint app even more).
I'm doing the same. I passed on Henkei Megatron and even though the aftermarket is the same, I think I like this one better...
GreenScream
So how come the numbering is different from AllSpark's?

And another thing, those godawful rubsigns on Jazz and Tracks will be gone!!!!!!!!!!
Sol Fury
Tobura is Generations Blurr. The full listing is Autobot Tobura, which if you move the spacing around a bit on gives you Autobotto Bura. Which, given Japanese pronunciation, can be rendered as Autobot Blurr.

Also worth noting as further evidence in support of this reading, Animated Blurr was just released in Japan as Autobot Blurr. So Takara-Tomy would stick with the same naming I assume.

Hoilgaru, no idea. That one's got me.
Philip164
Hoilgaru?

Wishful thinking, but with all the G2 love lately it could be Hooligan.
Ironhide2005
something that kind of worries me is no mention of wheeljack. Surely just being paranoid and there is nothing to worry about
Rotorstorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip164 View Post
Hoilgaru?

Wishful thinking, but with all the G2 love lately it could be Hooligan.
that's what I was thinking. but it might be a 2 pack like ramble and frenzy of Holi
Holi - Transformers Wiki

and Garu, whoever that is.
deliciouspeter
What is G2 Prime?
E. C. R. Former
Well, located a blog that quite clearly lists UN 18 as ホイルジャック (Hoil-jakku) that is, "Wheeljack". Said blog got the information from Allspark.com.

Which makes me rave that BBTS needs a new translator! How the heck can they confuse "ja" (ジャ) with "ga" (ガ)? The two symbols look nothing alike! I think they just mixed it up with the above entry of UN23 Wreck-gar.

EDIT: I will remind everybody that the Japanese pronounce "wheel" as "hoil" or "hoilu".
Razorclaw
Thanks, but at those prices - NO THANKS!!
K1dnotorious
so... are these gonna be released in the US under the Generations line? cause I don't feel like over paying just for a lil chrome & shipping from J-Land
Paladin
Scourge=G2 Prime repaint, easy as pie.
prime292
31.00$ plus shipping for a deluxe is a bit pricey but Ooo so pretty.
Mighty.Maximal
I'd guess they'd have to call any potential Japanese G2 Prime Repaint Black Convoy - and in the West = Nemesis Prime as you can't have two Scourges so close together who are not the same guy.

If you want a Hooligan toy I'd say consider buying either Walmart Movie exclusive Divebomb or The Fury of Fearswoop set and do a bit of repositioning.

Though Henkei Jetfire would make a good base for Hooligan too.
G1_Cindersaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide2005 View Post
something that kind of worries me is no mention of wheeljack. Surely just being paranoid and there is nothing to worry about
searched google and Hoilgaru is supposed to be a mistranslation of wheeljack's name according to some of the other fan sites...dunno...interesting though.
Burnout
this thread is useless without the pics
Kraken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Scourge=G2 Prime repaint, easy as pie.
Nope. Scourge = brand new mold of 1986 movie and S3 G1 Scourge with some form of flying wing shuttle type alt-mode. I think painting the new G2 laser prime mold black and calling that Scourge as well in the same line might be a tad confusing.

Now Toxitron however...
CapnScumbone
I'm gonna take a wild stab and posit that Hoilgaru is a horrible mispronunciation of Hun-Gurr. Terrorcons were awesome, an update of them would be epic.
Absolute


interested in wheeljack, kup, and tracks but need pics before i can justify those prices
Runamuck
$32 for a deluxe. I wanted to get all of them....but not at that price. I thought $22-25 was high....but this is getting ridiculous.
GreenScream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamuck View Post
$32 for a deluxe. I wanted to get all of them....but not at that price. I thought $22-25 was high....but this is getting ridiculous.
Hrrmm.. Blame it on the yen bro.
Ravenxl7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnian1979 View Post
I think painting the new G2 laser prime mold black and calling that Scourge as well in the same line might be a tad confusing.
Unless they were to wait till well after the G1 themed Scourge was off store pegs to repaint the new G2 Prime as RID Scourge. It's just like what they did with Animated and Universe Ratchet. Just wait till the firs tone is no longer in-stores before releasing the other one.

Either that or they could just put it in a comic 2-pack with another RID themed repaint. Like say Prowl from the Sunstreaker mold

Another option, and the one I would hope they wouldn't do, would be to call the RID Scourge repaint by another name. Like Nemesis Prime or Menasor, or really any other name that would fit him being a mostly black robot that turns into a semi. Just as long as the color scheme is clearly meant as a homage to RID Scourge, I'll be happy (I don't keep the packaging anyways).
Deadend
When do you guys think pics will show up?

I need to see what kup's going to look like next to perceptor and drift.
katitas33
*FIRST: I NEED TO SEE THE PICS OF WHEELJACK, KUP?
*SECOND: WHY ARE THESE SO FREEKING EXPENSIVE?
*THIRD: WHAY DOES HENKEI/TAKARA ALWAYS MAKE THEM FIRST?

***WHY DOES HASBRO ALSWAY TAKE THE SECOND CHANCE, I SAY THAT THEY ALWAYS COME OUT WITH STUPID REPAINTS, NO CHROME "INSTEAD GREY"

I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH DOW IN THE PAST DECADE HAVING TO GET MY BOTS FROM TAKARA/HENKEI.

WHY HASBRO, WHY?
Sso02V
Quote:
Originally Posted by katitas33 View Post
WHY HASBRO, WHY?
Because your standards for kids toys are too high.
Toxicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sso02V View Post
Because your standards for kids toys are too high.
OH SNAPZORZ

Nah but for real. They're just toys. If you want the super-ultra-mega-chromed-up-high-class toys, you're gonna have to pay extra for it.

I'm perfectly content with my cheaper, off the shelf toys. I waited a long time for MP Grimlock to hit the states, and dammit he was worth every minute.
Kevin XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicon View Post
OH SNAPZORZ

Nah but for real. They're just toys. If you want the super-ultra-mega-chromed-up-high-class toys, you're gonna have to pay extra for it.

I'm perfectly content with my cheaper, off the shelf toys. I waited a long time for MP Grimlock to hit the states, and dammit he was worth every minute.
God damn right, on all counts. Still, WTF is a Hoilgaru?
Toxicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBurnedOut View Post
God damn right, on all counts. Still, WTF is a Hoilgaru?
I think it was Brainchild who said it, but if you say Hoilgaru in like a really-aggressively Japanese accent it sounds like "Wheelcar", so it's probably Wheeljack.
optimus12380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sso02V View Post
Because your standards for kids toys are too high.
Funny, the Transformers I grew up with as a kid had chrome/metal parts and Megatron didn't look like a nerf gun, they were kids toys then and I think all we ask for is the same quality we grew up with...guess I'm still living in the 80's though, now back to listening to my DuranDuran tapes.
darkunor
Ok, someone needs to clarify all this stuff to me, I know, or at least I think henkei is more screen accurate in terms of colouring to the their animated counterparts, whereas the universe share the same colours as their previous G1 toy incarnations. Can anyone explain what united are, their relation to hasbro or takara, same for legends and classics?
[Wing_Saber-X]
More awesome characters being confirmed for release. Damn.
There goes my $$ again!
BB Shockwave
Holigaru is most likely, Thunderwing. Similar pronounciation.

I guess this'll meam a resurrection of the RIBFIR/FIBRIR argument! You know, I bet in the Generations line, Rumble will be blue/purple, and in United, he will be black/red, just to maintain the whole debate.

I'm also wondering whether they will be able to combine (symmetrical docking?) and whether they'll be based on the WFC design.

Kup and Wheeljack - great news too. Hoping for an eventual Arcee.
Toxicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus12380 View Post
Funny, the Transformers I grew up with as a kid had chrome/metal parts and Megatron didn't look like a nerf gun, they were kids toys then and I think all we ask for is the same quality we grew up with...guess I'm still living in the 80's though, now back to listening to my DuranDuran tapes.
Times change man, that's it and all that's all. Standards are different now. Kids can't carry around replicas of guns, and metal parts would make every TF a floppy mess *COUGH*Titaniums*COUGH*.
Optimatron
Can't wait to see what these guys will look like in comparison to the Generations line. Hopefully we'll see some pictures well before these figures get stateside.

I should of bought Henkei Ironhide, Ratchet, and Hound over their Classics 2.0 counterparts to begin with and I'm not making that mistake again. I'm picking and choosing between the lines this time.
optimus12380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicon View Post
Times change man, that's it and all that's all. Standards are different now. Kids can't carry around replicas of guns, and metal parts would make every TF a floppy mess *COUGH*Titaniums*COUGH*.
True, times change but doesn't mean I have to change with them or my tastes to fit in. Again, just because things change doesn't always mean it's for the better.

Anyways, back on topic...from the few United pics I've seen so far I didn't notice any chrome like the Henkei figures had. Just the metallic paint which doesn't justify spending 3x as much over the Hasbro Generations figures.
E. C. R. Former
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Holigaru is most likely, Thunderwing. Similar pronounciation.

I guess this'll meam a resurrection of the RIBFIR/FIBRIR argument! You know, I bet in the Generations line, Rumble will be blue/purple, and in United, he will be black/red, just to maintain the whole debate.
How the heck does "Hoilgaru" come even close to "san-da-wingu"? I've said this before, but "hoil" is the way the Japanese pronounce "wheel".

And don't even bet that Hasbro will release Rumble as purple. Every single Hasbro release of Frenzy and Rumble has been FIBRIR. Why would they change that?

...

Oh wait, you were joking about that weren't you.
Skalez Convoy
I am really hoping they don't just release all these gems outside the states and make us wait til they cancel the line and start it up again as something new a year later like they did with Red Alert, Thrust, and Dirge.
Hiro Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by katitas33 View Post
*FIRST: I NEED TO SEE THE PICS OF WHEELJACK, KUP?
*SECOND: WHY ARE THESE SO FREEKING EXPENSIVE?
*THIRD: WHAY DOES HENKEI/TAKARA ALWAYS MAKE THEM FIRST?

***WHY DOES HASBRO ALSWAY TAKE THE SECOND CHANCE, I SAY THAT THEY ALWAYS COME OUT WITH STUPID REPAINTS, NO CHROME "INSTEAD GREY"

I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH DOW IN THE PAST DECADE HAVING TO GET MY BOTS FROM TAKARA/HENKEI.

WHY HASBRO, WHY?
First: I think we'd all like to see them.
Second: Takara targets Collectors with the Henkei/United lines. Kids get Animated and the movie stuff right now.
Third: They don't always put the toys out first and there is no reason to assume that most of these figures will be out before Hasbro does them. (Jazz and Tracks are slated to be released before Christmas.)

I'm sorry that you are having trouble trying to buy these figures, but there are a number of reasons as to why they're so expensive compared to Hasbro's versions. As I stated above, Takara markets these figures more to collectors on both sides of the Pacific. Chrome and extra paint apps cost more so those expenses are passed on to the collectors.

Also, keep in mind, that unless you are taking a trip to Japan yourself, the only way to get these figures over here in the US, is to pay to import them. Online stores like Tempting Toys and BBTS put up a lot of upfront money to bring these toys over to US collectors and have to make a little profit otherwise there's no point in them doing it in the first place. And even if you had a pal over in Japan who would pick you up a few at retail there, You would still have to pay shipping to get them sent to you. (trust me those costs can add up.)

The main reason why Hasbro doesn't release these figures over here like Takara does is the same reason why you're complaining about them now... they'd cost too much. Take the Masterpiece Rodimus, Japan is releasing him with the trailer for about $200.00. Not many collectors would pay that over here if Hasbro released the whole toy here. They wouldn't want to even pay half that. Most of us would want to wait until they went on clearance. So who would carry it if they can't make money off of them?

It's the same with the Deluxe toys. Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart/TRU would never buy those figures at the prices Hasbro would have to charge for them to make them exactly like Takara's figures. Period. How many people here complained over the last couple of years about the lack of paint apps or the seemingly poor quality of plastic on some of theses figures? The reason for that... The discount stores didn't want to pay more for them than they have since Beast Wars started back in '96. Since Hasbro couldn't raise the prices to meet the cost of rising materials, they had to cut back of the toys themselves.

That is until a couple of years ago when the discount stores finally raised the prices a couple of bucks. But even then fans complained about the costs going up even tho the Deluxe figures stayed the same price for 12 years.

Now I don't want you to think I'm picking on you here, as I've stated, there are a lot of fans who feel the same way you do too. But, you have to understand that Hasbro and Takara as well as any retailer who will carry these toys for you to purchase, have to make a profit so they can continue to make and sell more toys. That's the way the industry works. Call it a necessary evil if you must, but all of these people who bring you these toys have to make a living too.
Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorclaw View Post
Thanks, but at those prices - NO THANKS!!
Welcome to the UK!
katitas33
Thanks man for the eye opener. "ya right"
[Wing_Saber-X]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Prime View Post
First: I think we'd all like to see them.
Second: Takara targets Collectors with the Henkei/United lines. Kids get Animated and the movie stuff right now.
Third: They don't always put the toys out first and there is no reason to assume that most of these figures will be out before Hasbro does them. (Jazz and Tracks are slated to be released before Christmas.)

I'm sorry that you are having trouble trying to buy these figures, but there are a number of reasons as to why they're so expensive compared to Hasbro's versions. As I stated above, Takara markets these figures more to collectors on both sides of the Pacific. Chrome and extra paint apps cost more so those expenses are passed on to the collectors.

Also, keep in mind, that unless you are taking a trip to Japan yourself, the only way to get these figures over here in the US, is to pay to import them. Online stores like Tempting Toys and BBTS put up a lot of upfront money to bring these toys over to US collectors and have to make a little profit otherwise there's no point in them doing it in the first place. And even if you had a pal over in Japan who would pick you up a few at retail there, You would still have to pay shipping to get them sent to you. (trust me those costs can add up.)

The main reason why Hasbro doesn't release these figures over here like Takara does is the same reason why you're complaining about them now... they'd cost too much. Take the Masterpiece Rodimus, Japan is releasing him with the trailer for about $200.00. Not many collectors would pay that over here if Hasbro released the whole toy here. They wouldn't want to even pay half that. Most of us would want to wait until they went on clearance. So who would carry it if they can't make money off of them?

It's the same with the Deluxe toys. Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart/TRU would never buy those figures at the prices Hasbro would have to charge for them to make them exactly like Takara's figures. Period. How many people here complained over the last couple of years about the lack of paint apps or the seemingly poor quality of plastic on some of theses figures? The reason for that... The discount stores didn't want to pay more for them than they have since Beast Wars started back in '96. Since Hasbro couldn't raise the prices to meet the cost of rising materials, they had to cut back of the toys themselves.

That is until a couple of years ago when the discount stores finally raised the prices a couple of bucks. But even then fans complained about the costs going up even tho the Deluxe figures stayed the same price for 12 years.

Now I don't want you to think I'm picking on you here, as I've stated, there are a lot of fans who feel the same way you do too. But, you have to understand that Hasbro and Takara as well as any retailer who will carry these toys for you to purchase, have to make a profit so they can continue to make and sell more toys. That's the way the industry works. Call it a necessary evil if you must, but all of these people who bring you these toys have to make a living too.
^You pretty much are 100% spot on, man!
Couldn't have put it better myself!

Continue: Transformers United Up for Preorder at Big Bad Toy Store, more characters confirmed! Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey