Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Kabaya Transformers Gum Wave 4 In Hand Images

Posted on 10-23-2011 at 04:51 PM by Sol Fury under Japanese Transformers
img77baf443zik8zj
Rakutan shop Toysanta has updated with some new images of Kabaya Transformers Gum Wave 4. This new series of Transformers candy kits has a few other features we were previously unaware of - namely, the Rodimus comes with two face stickers (I am guessing the head is interchangeable somehow?). One sticker has the youthful Rodimus, while the other sticker has the more weathered Rodimus Prime face. The two faces go together nicely with the bonus parts from the three sets, which together form up Rodimus Prime's trailer. Also shown is Victory Leo in his Victory Saber combiner parts form, although the final Kabaya Victory Saber is not shown - you'll have to buy the set to experience the Transformers Gum equivalent of the Victory Combination for yourself! Click on the link above or read on to check out the images.
Views: 5,949 / Credit: x BlackMagnus x, ultraq of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Kabaya Transformers Gum Wave 4 In Hand Images

img0ebf72d1zik1zj
img2f555f0azik3zj
img5444c349zikbzj
img64924e2czikezj
img72a2fe01zikazj
img780c3c4azik4zj
img7b5f6ca6zikdzj
img8682bfc6zikczj
imgc076172bzikdzj
imgdc050001zikazj
Stepper
Me not into Kabaya because too small the figure
x BlackMagnus x
[
Sol Fury
That's actually wave 4 dude, not wave 5. The Gaia Cross set is considered to be a different series as far as I know.
x BlackMagnus x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Fury View Post
That's actually wave 4 dude, not wave 5. The Gaia Cross set is considered to be a different series as far as I know.
Oh, thanks Sol, my bad. I always add the Gaia set in there. Thanks for changing the title for me boss.
cosmos360
Rodimus looks cool. And from the looks of it, he even has the face changing gimmick like the Masterpiece.
Valkysas
I can't wait to get these, mostly to have victory saber.
PorkChopKB
Nice. I want that roddy
Roanstalker
My friend recently got this set. It looks pretty cool.
antapp
Looks good, like the Inferno figure.
Bass X0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos360 View Post
Rodimus looks cool. And from the looks of it, he even has the face changing gimmick like the Masterpiece.
I'm thinking Rodimus Prime's head is on the back of Hot Rod's and you just rotate the head 180 degrees to reveal it.
Sol Fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass X0 View Post
I'm thinking Rodimus Prime's head is on the back of Hot Rod's and you just rotate the head 180 degrees to reveal it.
Seems likely. I fear the potential for sticker wear if that is the case though.
FakeEyes22
This isn't for me, but I think both this and the Animated Rodimus show that another shot at a Classics version could turn out really nice. I like the Classics Rodimus, but now that a few years have passed I know they could make one that I love.
Valkysas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass X0 View Post
I'm thinking Rodimus Prime's head is on the back of Hot Rod's and you just rotate the head 180 degrees to reveal it.
From the back shot of rodimus, I don't see his forehead crest on the back of his head, so its possible there's two different head pieces that you just swap out.
ILoveDinobot
Someone is going to help me acquire Roddy right?
Valkysas
capturedprey.com lets you order specific ones instead of by the case or random singles. That's where I preordered my set.
[Wing_Saber-X]
Mini-me figs of Roddy, classics Inferno and Victory Leo = cool.
guard convoy
i need that victory leo more than anything
Stepper
For those whom has the Robotmaster figures,StarSabre & Victory Leo is the same as this Kabaya ver.
Valkysas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepper View Post
For those whom has the Robotmaster figures,StarSabre & Victory Leo is the same as this Kabaya ver.
Not the same, but based on.
TrueNomadSkies
These are hella sweet, especially considering how small they are & how they're marketed.

I mean if nothing else, Hot Rod is basically a downscaled/simplified MP figure, but without losing too much of it's look/accuracy in the process. Definite +rep for this.
Roanstalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
Not the same, but based on.
Indeed. They're worse than the RMs. But thats what you should expect with the part forming that goes on here.
eriku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
capturedprey.com lets you order specific ones instead of by the case or random singles. That's where I preordered my set.
Thanks for the tip! I had a bunch of them preordered at BBTS to make sure I got all three, but I just cancelled that order and went with Captured Prey instead. I'm sure they will have to open the package to give you the ones you want, but that's fine with me.
Stepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
Not the same, but based on.
Maybe Kabaya a bit smaller but transformation wise everything is the same.
Maetel
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriku View Post
Thanks for the tip! I had a bunch of them preordered at BBTS to make sure I got all three, but I just cancelled that order and went with Captured Prey instead. I'm sure they will have to open the package to give you the ones you want, but that's fine with me.
nah they don't have to open the individual boxes, it shows right on the box which one it is. 8 kits per case with two full sets and two random figs that aren't doubles.
eriku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maetel View Post
nah they don't have to open the individual boxes, it shows right on the box which one it is. 8 kits per case with two full sets and two random figs that aren't doubles.
Ah, I was going by the BBTS listing which claims that they can't guarantee which one you get.
Stepper
Misunderstanding of the description stated by BBTS.
eriku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepper View Post
Misunderstanding of the description stated by BBTS.
Not really a misunderstanding on my part. From the BBTS listing:

"This item will be a random pick from the assortment; we will do our best to pick different kits if more than one item is ordered."

They key points there being 'random' and 'do our best'. Those aren't encouraging words to me. Plus they don't let you order a specific kit, so if you want one of each you'd have to order 3 or more and hope BBTS bothers to make sure they're different. And if you only want a particular one of the three, well, you can't.
sidelink
and here's the combined form of star saber and victory lio



flik68
these are cool. peaugh has had the review up for these for a while now.
Stepper
Wow,Victory Sabre in plane mode look great.
eriku
Have these started shipping from anywhere yet? I haven't heard anything from Captured Prey. I was under the impression these were out now...

Continue: Kabaya Transformers Gum Wave 4 In Hand Images Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
TFSource.com