Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

In-Hand Images of Arms Micron Silas Breakdown and Nemesis Prime

Posted on 11-23-2012 at 09:00 AM by Secretcode under Japanese Transformers
o0548041112298620563
It's a very MECH day, courtesy of the Autobots Rollout blog who has posted in-hand photos of the recently released Silas Breakdown and Nemesis Prime toys. Both redecos are currently Japanese exclusive releases in the Arms Micron line and are retool/redecos of War Breakdown (also an Arms Micron exclusive) and the Powerizer Optimus Prime mold.

Special thanks to the user Mebyuto who runs the Autobots Rollout blog for taking these photos, and for apparently being ecstatic to seeing his photos on the front page.
Views: 4,942 / Credit: Valkysas, Onslaught24, Cheem The Rup

Images for In-Hand Images of Arms Micron Silas Breakdown and Nemesis Prime

o0548041112297962675
o0548041112297962676
o0548041112297962677
o0548041112297962678
o0548041112297962679
o0548041112297962679
o0548041112297963339
o0548041112297963340
o0548041112297963341
o0548041112297963342
o0548041112297963343
o0548041112297963672
o0548041112297963673
o0548041112297963674
o0548041112297963675
o0548041112297963676
o0548041112297965089
o0548041112297965090
o0548041112297965091
o0548041112297965092
o0548041112297965093
o0548041112297965702
o0548041112297965703
o0548041112297965704
o0548041112297965706
o0548041112297965710
o0548041112297965975
o0548041112298620564
o0548041112298620566
o0548041112298620567
o0548041112298620568
o0548041112298620852
o0548041112298620853
o0548041112298620854
o0548041112298620855
o0548041112298620856
o0548041112298621105
o0548041112298621106
o0548041112298621107
o0548041112298621108
o0548041112298621484
o0548041112298621486
o0548041112298621487
o0548041112298621488
o0548041112298621921
o0548041112298621922
o0548041112298621923
o0548041112298621924
o0548041112298621925
o0548041112298622074
o0548041112298622075
o0548041112298622076
o0548041112298724415
GrimlockAutobot
IMO the stickers are not horrible.

Edit: Alot of folks want to reprolabel up their figures and think it's the coolest thing ever. Now we have these awesome figures which essentially come with official reprolabels and everyone's a critic.
Valkysas
Have you tried putting the knee stickers on breakdown? They're a pain in the ass, and the quality is awful. All mine does is stand around on a shelf and they're already peeling.
Lbsammills51
The stickers on uneven surfaces and molded details aren't very good, though their placement doesn't help matters. The foot stickers on my Airachnid are already peeling too.

Anyways, it looks like the molded Silas is just plain gray plastic? I can understand if they didn't paint flesh tones in for his face but I do wish they'd painted it metallic silver like the promo pics indicated it would be. Damn photoshop.
GrimlockAutobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
Have you tried putting the knee stickers on breakdown? They're a pain in the ass, and the quality is awful. All mine does is stand around on a shelf and they're already peeling.

I have put the decals on Breakdown among others. I don't have the best eyesight in the world (due to a rare eye condition that I have) and I put the knee stickers on without any problems.

And no they're not "awful quality" IMO...no peeling issues on mine either.
Starscream Gaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockAutobot View Post
I have put the decals on Breakdown among others. I don't have the best eyesight in the world (due to a rare eye condition that I have) and I put the knee stickers on without any problems.

And no they're not "awful quality" IMO...no peeling issues on mine either.
Not all of us have "the best eyesight in the world due to a rare eye condition" and putting the decals on Breakdown was a stressful pain in the ass. Also having to put stickers on molded detail has nothing to do with eyesight.
GrimlockAutobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream Gaga View Post
Not all of us have "the best eyesight in the world due to a rare eye condition" and putting the decals on Breakdown was a stressful pain in the ass. Also having to put stickers on molded detail has nothing to do with eyesight.
Nothing to do with eyesight? Give me a break.

Attention to detail to make sure that you're placing the decals on the molded details correctly is essential and also requires your sense of sight.

Go sell your nonsense to someone else "mate".
Starscream Gaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockAutobot View Post
Nothing to do with eyesight? Give me a break.

Attention to detail to make sure that you're placing the decals on the molded details correctly is essential and also requires your sense of sight.

Go sell your nonsense to someone else "mate".
Not sure if you're trying to be a racist dolt with the mate comment or just rude, but whatever. If you think I call ANYONE mate because I'm Australian then you're an idiot, not all of us talk like that and I especially don't

Breakdown had stickers that COVERED molded details, this is not a "placing correctly" issue, this is a "was not designed for stickers" issue. I don't care how much you boast about your great eyesight and attention to detail, the absolute reality is that Breakdown is difficult because of these tiny stickers covering what should NOT have stickers placed on them.
Valkysas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream Gaga View Post
Not sure if you're trying to be a racist dolt with the mate comment or just rude, but whatever. If you think I call ANYONE mate because I'm Australian then you're an idiot, not all of us talk like that and I especially don't

Breakdown had stickers that COVERED molded details, this is not a "placing correctly" issue, this is a "was not designed for stickers" issue. I don't care how much you boast about your great eyesight and attention to detail, the absolute reality is that Breakdown is difficult because of these tiny stickers covering what should NOT have stickers placed on them.
Lots of people say "mate".

He actually said he had pretty bad eyesight, not great eyesight.
GrimlockAutobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream Gaga View Post
Not sure if you're trying to be a racist dolt with the mate comment or just rude, but whatever. If you think I call ANYONE mate because I'm Australian then you're an idiot, not all of us talk like that and I especially don't

Breakdown had stickers that COVERED molded details, this is not a "placing correctly" issue, this is a "was not designed for stickers" issue. I don't care how much you boast about your great eyesight and attention to detail, the absolute reality is that Breakdown is difficult because of these tiny stickers covering what should NOT have stickers placed on them.
The only difficult sticker for ME to put on Breakdown was on the rear bumper.

Bottom line is, I think it's ridiculous that these great figures get short changed all of the time because of the decals.

Also I apologize if you took my "mate" comment the wrong way. I wasn't trying to be racist or rude. It was my ill advised attempt at comedy. Context is difficult to interpret on a message board sometimes.
Timesynch
Cylas Breakdown looks great (I love the mold, and delicious chrome plus molded in human Silas). Nemesis Prime.... is Nemesis Prime. Seen one, seen them all, really. Dropped my preorder for Nemesis but will pick up Cylas BD (the one ep he was in was awesome, I thought).
megatroptimus
Is that weapon exclusive to Nemesis Prime?
Agent Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
Is that weapon exclusive to Nemesis Prime?
It is so far.
bny888
Is Nemesis Prime dark gray and not black?
LegendAntihero
I'm eager to own one if Toy Arena gets it. I love the Breakdown I have right now. This new paint job make him look abolsutley villianous.
MegaHavok
So glad I canceled both of these
Saved myself a $100 on these horribly inaccurate figures
Composite Ghost
I'm kind of disappointed the microns aren't translucent like the promo pics. The solid colors are a bit bland. Oh well. I'll still buy them.
Cheem The Rup
Lbsammills51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheem The Rup View Post
Nice.

Though I can understand how it didn't happen...since Takara took it upon themselves to create Breakdown and Unicron molds, and an extensive Jet Vehicon remold, that Hasbro may never ever bring stateside, I wonder why Smokescreen didn't get the same treatment? They could always have redecoed him multiple times too (like using Wildrider from their own Smokescreen mold, in this scenario) like they're doing with Breakdown. Oh well.
PlanckEpoch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockAutobot View Post
IMO the stickers are not horrible.

Edit: Alot of folks want to reprolabel up their figures and think it's the coolest thing ever. Now we have these awesome figures which essentially come with official reprolabels and everyone's a critic.
The quality of the stickers that Takara Tomy uses and the ones Reprolabels uses are as clear as night and day. Reprolabels has started using this vinyl stuff that is similar to the ones you put on real cars...tough, durable and will last years at the least. I've had some figures reprolabeled up, and transported dozens of times in less-than-stellar transportation devices, and the labels have weathered all of it without much peeling or scraping.

I haven't had too much issue with my only AM figure's labels, but hearing what others have to say is really telling about the overall quality of Takara Tomy's stickers.
Knightdramon
Takara's stickers are awful.

Not all stickers are the same or the same quality, Yamato also has bad-ish stickers but nothing so extreme. Reprolabels is night and day.

I once got some figures in a trade that were reprolabeled, and not owning the figures before I could hardly distinguish what was labeled and what was painted detail.

Takara's stickers are all glossy, thick, and are made to go over moulded details with bumps and nooks that are not suitable to apply any kind of sticker on.

Breakdown's foot stickers were GARBAGE, pure garbage, and so were the silver shin stickers above them. Heck, some of the AM stickers aren't even cut properly to match the area they must cover.

And lastly, look at AM Smokescreen. There's a tiny bit of paint on his head, and that's it. The entire figure is unpainted. It's almost test shot-ish. People who complained about DOTM Soundwave can now take a better look at how even that figure had great paint apps compared to Smokescreen.
Stepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by bny888 View Post
Is Nemesis Prime dark gray and not black?
Yes,it is dark Gray. If it is black, the colour will be like the same as Cybertron Satellite Exclusive Dark Guard Optimus Prime
GrimlockAutobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanckEpoch View Post
The quality of the stickers that Takara Tomy uses and the ones Reprolabels uses are as clear as night and day. Reprolabels has started using this vinyl stuff that is similar to the ones you put on real cars...tough, durable and will last years at the least. I've had some figures reprolabeled up, and transported dozens of times in less-than-stellar transportation devices, and the labels have weathered all of it without much peeling or scraping.

I haven't had too much issue with my only AM figure's labels, but hearing what others have to say is really telling about the overall quality of Takara Tomy's stickers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Takara's stickers are awful.

Not all stickers are the same or the same quality, Yamato also has bad-ish stickers but nothing so extreme. Reprolabels is night and day.

I once got some figures in a trade that were reprolabeled, and not owning the figures before I could hardly distinguish what was labeled and what was painted detail.

Takara's stickers are all glossy, thick, and are made to go over moulded details with bumps and nooks that are not suitable to apply any kind of sticker on.

Breakdown's foot stickers were GARBAGE, pure garbage, and so were the silver shin stickers above them. Heck, some of the AM stickers aren't even cut properly to match the area they must cover.

And lastly, look at AM Smokescreen. There's a tiny bit of paint on his head, and that's it. The entire figure is unpainted. It's almost test shot-ish. People who complained about DOTM Soundwave can now take a better look at how even that figure had great paint apps compared to Smokescreen.
I guess I'm in the minority and I've been extremely lucky.

I wouldn't call the stickers that I've applied low quality at all. I haven't had any issues placing them and no issues with peeling whatsoever.

With Breakdown in particular the only decal I had trouble with was the one that wraps around his vehicle mode rear bumper.

The knee stickers went on great and so did the foot stickers. They both look great once applied as well.
Shatterpoint
Gotta say, NP's stickers make him petty tempting to me.
MarkMilton
putting stickers on a toy should be optional in today's market, not mandatory. this isn't 1984, printing on plastic isn't THAT difficult to do. Takara seems to have misunderstood the reason why people buy repro-labels. they do it to customize a figure to their liking, they don't do it because it's fun. if people wanted to do this kind of stuff, they can buy model kits.
Bossguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMilton View Post
putting stickers on a toy should be optional in today's market, not mandatory. this isn't 1984, printing on plastic isn't THAT difficult to do. Takara seems to have misunderstood the reason why people buy repro-labels. they do it to customize a figure to their liking, they don't do it because it's fun. if people wanted to do this kind of stuff, they can buy model kits.
I agree with you!
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMilton View Post
putting stickers on a toy should be optional in today's market, not mandatory. this isn't 1984, printing on plastic isn't THAT difficult to do. Takara seems to have misunderstood the reason why people buy repro-labels. they do it to customize a figure to their liking, they don't do it because it's fun. if people wanted to do this kind of stuff, they can buy model kits.
Good thing they're primary market isn't us, but Japanese kids 5 - 7 years old for the Arms Micron line. Which they're trying to cater to.

Randy
Bossguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredConvoy View Post
Good thing they're primary market isn't us, but Japanese kids 5 - 7 years old for the Arms Micron line. Which they're trying to cater to.

Randy
Wouldn't it be easier for the parents if they were painted? I mean putting on stickers IS really fun, but if the stickers keep falling off then it's not so fun anymore. If you are going to do stickers, MAKE THEM GOOD.
Kilowog
Look, putting stickers on shit is fun for japanese kids. As much as I find it hard to believe myself, it evidently gives them a sense of accomplishment. Every person my age from japan I've spoken to has if anything, thought of US as the crazy weirdos for having our toys already painted, saying it takes the fun out of it.

CULTURAL DIFFERENCES EVERYBODY!!!!!


But no, that isn't going to stop the complaining, it never does. People are still going to disregard that and wish it were done the same as it is over here even though they're not the target, so continue, pretend I didn't say anything
zebramatt
Those crazy Japanese!
Shatterpoint
Man, I was already getting Silasdown, but those pics to made me order Nemesis.
Bossguy
I'm very OCD about my figures being perfect, so this is A NIGHTMARE! Imagine the stickers peeling off, and you can't replace them with anything! We need reprolabels!!!!!!!
RatTrap1985
People are really upset by the stickers? I love applying stickers. It takes me back to being a kid and putting the stickers on my g1 toys. I guess I understand the dislike for stickers if you weren't around from the get-go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossguy View Post
I'm very OCD about my figures being perfect, so this is A NIGHTMARE! Imagine the stickers peeling off, and you can't replace them with anything! We need reprolabels!!!!!!!
I have a ton of original g1 toys, and all of them have some slight peeling. its just the nature of the beast. I understand your feelings on the matter, though.
GrimlockAutobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowog View Post
Look, putting stickers on shit is fun for japanese kids. As much as I find it hard to believe myself, it evidently gives them a sense of accomplishment. Every person my age from japan I've spoken to has if anything, thought of US as the crazy weirdos for having our toys already painted, saying it takes the fun out of it.

CULTURAL DIFFERENCES EVERYBODY!!!!!


But no, that isn't going to stop the complaining, it never does. People are still going to disregard that and wish it were done the same as it is over here even though they're not the target, so continue, pretend I didn't say anything
I'm a 35 year old male and I think the stickers are fun. They look good and to me, they are nostalgic because they remind me of my G1 toys from when I was a kid.

The arms microns also remind me of G1 Targetmasters.

To each his own I guess.

If reprolabels can make replacement decal sets for G1 figures, it's only a matter of time before they do stickers for the Arms Micron figures.
Burnout
Man i wish we would get silasdown and regular breakdown here in the states...instead all we get to look forwards too is ...ohhh bunglebot all animaled out...and he still sucks. Where are all you jackasses who PROFESSED we'd get breakdown here in the states?!!! ya thought so.
Digilaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMilton View Post
putting stickers on a toy should be optional in today's market, not mandatory. this isn't 1984, printing on plastic isn't THAT difficult to do. Takara seems to have misunderstood the reason why people buy repro-labels. they do it to customize a figure to their liking, they don't do it because it's fun. if people wanted to do this kind of stuff, they can buy model kits.
I'm sorry, but as much as I agree with you (I hate having to apply stickers!), but it seems you have misunderstood something here, not Takara.

Takara Tomy is using the Robots in Disguise line as a test to see if they can expand their customers base. Model kits are all the rage in Japan - not that they were ever unpopular, of course, but that business is still booming and growing. 'Regular' toy sales are lacking compared to that.

Having to apply stickers and putting together your own Arms Micron is a way for Takara Tomy to say: Transformers are model kits as well - aimed towards a younger public perhaps.


I can't comment on if it works or not. Like you, I hate them. I always mess up, and the details look off compared to regular paintapps or tampographs. But Transformers in Japan has always been geared more towards collectors, so I guess they just want to try and expand.
Bossguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockAutobot View Post
I'm a 35 year old male and I think the stickers are fun. They look good and to me, they are nostalgic because they remind me of my G1 toys from when I was a kid.

The arms microns also remind me of G1 Targetmasters.

To each his own I guess.

If reprolabels can make replacement decal sets for G1 figures, it's only a matter of time before they do stickers for the Arms Micron figures.
I like to apply stickers as well, but what throws me off is the quality. they just keep peeling off! Sorry if I'm sounding aggressive.
RapidBlast
Arms micron, back in black.
gunthetra
I don't have the PRID Optimus mold, so I'm quite interested in in this Nemesis version. The clear forearms work better in this instance, and that micron looks awesome.

And gosh does Breakdown look great. Good to see that it looks like his shins are painted, which I opted to do with the normal version of BD.

Hopefully these will be available on Mandarake for cheap sometime in the near future. The asking price on the usual TF sites is a bit hard for me to swallow.
closetrat
Gonna stick with CVL Smokescreen - hope we get Silas Breakdown, but gonna try to rip off that pointless bumper.

Am I crazy, or is that DOTM Voyager Megatron's grill?
StayingInTheBox
That Breakdown looks like a top tier figure of the year.
Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayingInTheBox View Post
That Breakdown looks like a top tier figure of the year.
I'm still not sure if it's worth getting the original or Cylas.
Sprocket
When someone gets C.Y.L.A.S I hope they check to see if they can swap out the chrome grill for the original Breakdown's grill. That would be a huge step toward wanting to buy it for me.
Valkysas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
When someone gets C.Y.L.A.S I hope they check to see if they can swap out the chrome grill for the original Breakdown's grill. That would be a huge step toward wanting to buy it for me.
While you could swap them in vehicle mode, there's no room to fold it away in robot mode due to the new Silas piece in the body.

More Cylas Breakdown pics:
http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com...ntry-1748.html
http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com...ntry-1749.html

More Nemesis Prime pics:
http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com...ntry-1750.html
http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com...ntry-1751.html
Stepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
When someone gets C.Y.L.A.S I hope they check to see if they can swap out the chrome grill for the original Breakdown's grill. That would be a huge step toward wanting to buy it for me.
Can the chrome grill.be even taken out? But for Breakdown, there are no peg for the grill.to be inserted right?
[Wing_Saber-X]
WANT all. getting them next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHavok View Post
So glad I canceled both of these
Saved myself a $100 on these horribly inaccurate figures
...: how exactly are they ''horribly inaccurate''?
Arkitect76
paint color perhaps, but don't all TF's suffer this....

Continue: In-Hand Images of Arms Micron Silas Breakdown and Nemesis Prime Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey