Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFW's Generations Goldfire (Goldbug) Gallery Now Online

Posted on 11-24-2013 at 09:07 AM by Sol Fury under Generations / Classics
Goldfire-Robot-45
For our next gallery update we are sharing with you an advance look of one of the upcoming Transformers Generations Deluxe Class releases. Goldfire is an IDW comics pack-in strongly inspired by Generation 1 Throttlebot Goldbug, the upgraded and matured version of Bumblebee. As well as featuring a sharp deco, Goldfire features a head sculpt which draws inspiration from the original Goldbug's head design.

Goldfire is a redeco of the Deluxe Bumblebee inspired by the IDW Comics Transformers Ongoing series. As mentioned, Goldfire features a new and, in this fan's humble opinion, superior deco. In place of the too-bright yellow plastic is a nice deep golden plastic, with black and navy blue used on the robot mode as a contrast. The head is a brand new sculpt for this toy, and helps to give this mold its own identity as well as taking a few strong cues from the original Goldbug. Overall the look of the toy is superb, although it is the same base mold as the Generations IDW Bumblebee underneath, which had a few flaws which are present here too, such as limited lateral elbow motion and a large number of car parts hanging off the robot mode. That being said, if you passed on the earlier IDW Deluxe Bumblebee, then this is certainly the better version of the mold to check out.

Take a look at our gallery and see what you think for yourself:

Generations Deluxe Goldfire Gallery
Views: 4,778

Images for TFW's Generations Goldfire (Goldbug) Gallery Now Online

Goldfire-Car-03
Goldfire-Car-15
Goldfire-Car-19
Goldfire-Card-Front
Goldfire-Head-Front
Goldfire-Return-of-Optimus-Prime-Classics-Style
Goldfire-Robot-13
Goldfire-Robot-15
Goldfire-Robot-17
Goldfire-Robot-26
Goldfire-Robot-29
Goldfire-Robot-35
Goldfire-Robot-45
Goldfire-Robot-51
Goldfire-Robot-60
Goldfire-with-Classics-Bumblebee
Goldfire-with-Goldbug--Gold-Bumblebee-Cars
Goldfire-with-Goldbug--Gold-Bumblebee-Robot
Goldfire-with-IDW-Bumblebee-Car-2
Goldfire-with-IDW-Bumblebee-Robot-2
j.a.f.o.
It's probably because I'm not familiar at all with the IDW aesthetic that I've always thought of this mold as more miss than hit (ungainly proportions, dem clown feet, etc.).
Fallout
those colors... wow
the botmaster74
I don't know why, but I am REALLY exited for this toy! It's even weirder when you consider that I already have the original! But I just love this version, so him and his wave are BOUGHT!
TattooedRobot
Looks pretty good so far Hasbro's latest attempts have been better. Now that group shot on the other hand needs Mega Steel Blaster.
prime roller
Looks much nicer like this I think. I've been waiting for this one instead of the BB version.
Who else is in the wave with Goldbug?
Sol Fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime roller View Post
Looks much nicer like this I think. I've been waiting for this one instead of the BB version.
Who else is in the wave with Goldbug?
Dreadwing (G2 themed stealth Megatron redeco), Waspinator and Skids. I'm working on shots of Dreadwing and Waspinator at the moment. Skids will be a while since I got one with two left hips, I've got a replacement hip coming but can't do much on that one until it's in hand. Great toys all, Waspinator has a really killer look and nails the show design so very well.
MWG
I really hope this guy isn't at risk of suffering from GPS, since he is the version of the mold that will be on my Classics shelf. In my universe "Goldbug" is a cover ID after 'Bee gets a bounty put on him by the Decepticon "mafia".

+-MWG-+
Yggdrasil
You know I actually like the look of this guy MUCH more than the Bumblebee!

I think I just might pick it up and sell of my Bee.
Neuta
I like his grumpy little face, it must be the weight of all that responsibility poor Bee has to carry nowadays.

Cool photos! Was very pleasantly surprised by the Bee version of the mold (who I've repurposed as Metalhawk anyway), and you can fold the shoulder-doors down on the inside of his arms if you think he doesn't look right with wings. His combining weapon is fun as well. Will be on the lookout for this one!
G1Prowl
Holy Movieverse face...
gabumon
Huh! I was Totally gonna pass on this guy... Don't like that BLUE!

BUT... On second thought... He looks AMAZING!!!!
SPLIT LIP
Looks really good, actually.
Bass X0
I prefer Goldfire but wish he had the same painted wheels, feet and rear windows that Bumblebee has.
BurningHeat
I was going to pass on him, but given the comic and this gallery, it looks like I'm picking up the whole wave. Now for stupid Amazon to go ahead and carry them.
Digilaut
Looks great, and he's growing on me. Also, really smart to make him a blend of G1 Goldbug and movie Bumblebee - it totally works.
Autovolt 127
Yup I now want one.

I really love the last photo the group shot with the Autobot cast of Return of Optimus Prime.
Bass X0
I wonder if Bumblebee will be repainted into Cliffjumper again.
red00wolf
The new head sculpt looks way more like move bumblebee then goldbug, i wonder if it would look anything like goldbug without the blue and silver.
Kinda flipfloping on if i like it or not.
Neo Tallgeese
They fixed the one reason I haven't gotten Bumblebee...the paint. Besides, I've got plenty of Bee's. It will nice to have a Goldbug.
creggar
Wonder how long this figure will last before he starts to crumble?
gabumon
Quote:
Originally Posted by creggar View Post
Wonder how long this figure will last before he starts to crumble?
why? the translucent blue or the gold?
bny888
First of all, I would like to say that those are terrific pics!

I have not gotten any of the versions of this mold yet, and this one seems the best so far, definitely want it!
Sol Fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by creggar View Post
Wonder how long this figure will last before he starts to crumble?
Hasbro once said they had fixed the gold plastic syndrome. Has there been any reports of problems on RotF Blaze Master? I'd not heard of any - and he was the first one released post that announcement, IIRC.

I'd need to check, but the gold does seem a different tint to the 90s GPS guys - so it might be that the plastic mix was changed enough to overcome the problem.
LegendAntihero
Gold bug looks ok. I'm not going to buy him because I didn't like the IDW Bumblebee toy much.
G1Prowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Fury View Post
Hasbro once said they had fixed the gold plastic syndrome. Has there been any reports of problems on RotF Blaze Master? I'd not heard of any - and he was the first one released post that announcement, IIRC.

I'd need to check, but the gold does seem a different tint to the 90s GPS guys - so it might be that the plastic mix was changed enough to overcome the problem.
Call me skeptical. The only reason Hasbro would make a move like that is if the toys were exploding in the package on the pegs before customers paid for them. With most GPS cases happening well after the products are off the sales floors, it doesn't affect Hasbro's bottom line, therefore I find it hard to believe it is any sort of concern for them.
MWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Prowl View Post
Call me skeptical. The only reason Hasbro would make a move like that is if the toys were exploding in the package on the pegs before customers paid for them. With most GPS cases happening well after the products are off the sales floors, it doesn't affect Hasbro's bottom line, therefore I find it hard to believe it is any sort of concern for them.
Considering how many of their products have fallen victim to GPS over the years, it SHOULD be a concern for Hasbro & Takara. It makes the brand overall look bad if a known potentially preventable problem is overlooked. The other side of that is that they have had several years to research it and figure out ways to prevent it. But as you said, we may not know if they managed to do that in this case for several years.

+-MWG-+
G1Prowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWG View Post
Considering how many of their products have fallen victim to GPS over the years, it SHOULD be a concern for Hasbro & Takara. It makes the brand overall look bad if a known potentially preventable problem is overlooked. The other side of that is that they have had several years to research it and figure out ways to prevent it. But as you said, we may not know if they managed to do that in this case for several years.

+-MWG-+
There's the problem, the products that are falling victim to this are off the market for years. Look at all the breakage issues with clear plastic ball joint construction. They STILL make figs like that. Once again they are concerned with about a year's worth of the toy's life. They don't give a shit about the aftermarket at all. If figs were cracking right off the bat and it was costing them money in returns then they would find a way to fix the issue. If it's something that doesn't hit until the toy has already made them their money and doesn't get returned because of the length of time it takes for the effect to take place, they aren't going to give two shits. End of story.
MetalStorm
I've had no problem with my ROTF Blazemaster as far as GPS goes. Am looking forward to Goldfire, it may be a while till we see that character again.
MWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Prowl View Post
There's the problem, the products that are falling victim to this are off the market for years. Look at all the breakage issues with clear plastic ball joint construction. They STILL make figs like that. Once again they are concerned with about a year's worth of the toy's life. They don't give a shit about the aftermarket at all. If figs were cracking right off the bat and it was costing them money in returns then they would find a way to fix the issue. If it's something that doesn't hit until the toy has already made them their money and doesn't get returned because of the length of time it takes for the effect to take place, they aren't going to give two shits. End of story.
Its an item aimed mainly at long-time, adult collectors that are very willing to get on the internet and fuss about incredibly minor things, even years after the fact. Say someone that isn't part of that group gets a copy of the item and experiences problems with it. They (or whoever gave it to them parent/grandparent whatever) search the item on the internet and see many people blaming whatever possible causes. It doesn't take much to put a ding in the company/brand image, even if it doesn't really seem to do much damage at the time. Just like politics, extremely minor and long forgotten goofs can still cause headaches years later.

+-MWG-+
Autobot Burnout
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWG View Post
Its an item aimed mainly at long-time, adult collectors that are very willing to get on the internet and fuss about incredibly minor things, even years after the fact. Say someone that isn't part of that group gets a copy of the item and experiences problems with it. They (or whoever gave it to them parent/grandparent whatever) search the item on the internet and see many people blaming whatever possible causes. It doesn't take much to put a ding in the company/brand image, even if it doesn't really seem to do much damage at the time. Just like politics, extremely minor and long forgotten goofs can still cause headaches years later.

+-MWG-+
Really? Because I'm pretty sure there are old BW Transmetal Megatrons out there who have yet to succumb to the Brown Plastic Syndrome (diff. color, same problem). You think anybody is going to care about somebody buying a toy that's been off the market for almost two decades and then complaining it's broken?

I mean, the FoC Combaticons haven't even been out a year and there have been several reports of tabs breaking on those guys. Doesn't seem to have hurt Hasbro a bit. Hell, ROTF Scalpel's ball joints were broken while he was still on retail pegs. This was widely documented. Hasbro did NOTHING.
G1Prowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
Really? Because I'm pretty sure there are old BW Transmetal Megatrons out there who have yet to succumb to the Brown Plastic Syndrome (diff. color, same problem). You think anybody is going to care about somebody buying a toy that's been off the market for almost two decades and then complaining it's broken?

I mean, the FoC Combaticons haven't even been out a year and there have been several reports of tabs breaking on those guys. Doesn't seem to have hurt Hasbro a bit. Hell, ROTF Scalpel's ball joints were broken while he was still on retail pegs. This was widely documented. Hasbro did NOTHING.
Thank you for this.
LegendAntihero
The gold paint on Goldbug isn't the best but I like it more than the yellow on Bumblebee

Continue: TFW's Generations Goldfire (Goldbug) Gallery Now Online Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena