Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations Fall of Cybertron Whirl In-Hand Images

Posted on 03-04-2013 at 10:27 AM by Sol Fury under Generations / Classics
1362405246973
By way of Futaba Channel, we have a look at the Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Whirl in-hand. Autobot Whirl is a part of Deluxe Wave 4, a.k.a. the Wreckers assortment. He's a remold of the Fall of Cybertron Vortex toy with a new head and a new weapon - a pseudo-MechTech rifle, which appears to have a gatling barrel transform out from it.

We have mirrored the images with this story - read on to check out this selection of images of the former watchmaker turned Wrecker.
Views: 9,522 / Credit: MechaV of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Generations Fall of Cybertron Whirl In-Hand Images

1362405246973
1362405331894
1362405362816
1362405401969
1362405439204
ZacWilliam
If all that orange were light blue I'd be fairly satisfied with him. Still gonna get him to support the fact that Hasbro is doing Comics inspired Wreckers.. I'll just have to do some painting is all.


-ZacWilliam, we still havn't seen pics of Takara's version have we? Still holding out a little hope they go more G1 with em all...
AngryChad
That looks a lot better than I expected it to, but yeah too much orange.
Knightdramon
Neat. I'm getting him. And a takara deco if they make him in G1 colours.

I like that this mould pulls of a Universe 2008 Galvatron all over again; vehicle mode is one colour, robot mode is predominantly another colour. Whoo!!!
Uncle Madness
Yeah the orange is a little disappointing for this figure. But not as bad as the color change was for the Combaticons.

The repaint's tend to look better than the original molds and the Wreckers to me are proof are of that.
Soundwinder
Looks pretty decent, and since Vortex was the only damn Combaticon figure with decent shoulders it might be worth picking up.

Not a fan of the orange... honestly makes me feel like this is Action Master Shockwave.
Depthcharge
I wish they'd have inverted the blue and orange on him to be more G1 accurate (and I hold out hope that Takara will do exactly that) but even as he is, I think he looks fantastic! That deco is very sharp and I'm VERY excited for this set to get released.
Hot Shot.
I'm going to pass and hope Hasbro surprises us with a SDCC G1 deco set.
marvoflg
Have these gone up for pre-order anywhere yet?
Niv3k
Yeah lol check BBTS.
AngryChad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niv3k View Post
Yeah lol check BBTS.
What? No.
Depthcharge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niv3k View Post
Yeah lol check BBTS.
As of right now, I don't see this listed at BBTS?
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacWilliam View Post
-ZacWilliam, we still havn't seen pics of Takara's version have we? Still holding out a little hope they go more G1 with em all...
We haven't. At this point we don't know if they're even coming. Hopefully they are.

I'm also hoping they go with more G1 color schemes. It's hard to tell what they may do as every one of the figures so far has been more based on the game than Hasbro's is. With characters that have not, like Blaster, it was just a modified version of the color scheme that figure already had (more red, extra details, etc) as he still featured the comic style head brow rather than the G1 toy / cartoon colored one.

Randy
Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Neat. I'm getting him. And a takara deco if they make him in G1 colours.
I'm hoping for a blue deco too. Show 'em how it's done, Takara!
Hot Shot.
I doubt there will be Takara versions. Japan never got Whirl, Roadbuster, or the Jumpstarters in G1, and I don't think western comics are even relevant to Takara's market.

They did get Straxus, but he was just a single figure. This is an entire wave.
Mechafire
Christ, the colors are absolutely hideous.

Still holding out for a Takara/SDCC version with comic colors... and if that doesn't happen, I'll begrudgingly get these because I'm admittedly a sucker for Wreckers.
General Tekno
So these are out in Australia then but not North America? Huh.
Niv3k
Sorry, they are not on BBTS!
NemiMonkey
Yeah I think I'll pass on this guy. I was excited with the promo shots, but now seeing it with all that orange. Yeah not all that thrilled. Unless Roadbuster wows me, probably just pass on him too and forget trying to make a custom with that head.
Soundwinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot. View Post
I doubt there will be Takara versions. Japan never got Whirl, Roadbuster, or the Jumpstarters in G1, and I don't think western comics are even relevant to Takara's market.

They did get Straxus, but he was just a single figure. This is an entire wave.
They did also get a Comic version of Grimlock... who was one figure that cost as much as an entire wave.

So far, Takara hasn't announced any redecos of Bruticus. This is... uncharacteristic, as they're much more redeco-happy than Hasbro.
doomboy536
Urgh yuck no. Easy pass.
Lbsammills51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot. View Post
I doubt there will be Takara versions. Japan never got Whirl, Roadbuster, or the Jumpstarters in G1, and I don't think western comics are even relevant to Takara's market.

They did get Straxus, but he was just a single figure. This is an entire wave.
United Drift, Straxus, Thunderwing and Wipe-Out and Encore Nightstalker say hello.

Straxus and Drift and Thunderwing and Wipe-Out were in the same waves, so they can do more than one US comic/US toy-only character at a time.
shamanking282
The one thing that makes me nervous is that Takara doesn't necessarily release all the remolds. They never got Black Shadow and Skullgrin.
Digilaut
Whoever decided all of the Wreckers needed a consistent orange should get slapped. Would have bought all of these in a heartbeat if they had better decos, but Impactor and Whirl especially just annoy me now.

Cautiously waiting for Takara to see what they will do with them - if they do anything at all. Still, not looking forward to spending double the amount of money....sigh.
Smashs
Frick. This looks way better than I anticipated.
Spyne98
Personally, I don't like painting figures I have have one of, but I really with he was light blue. I might buy 2 and fix that. I'm also not a fan of the giant gun, but that's just me.
charsdc2
I wonder how many more redecos are we gonna see?
General Tekno
Quote:
Originally Posted by charsdc2 View Post
I wonder how many more redecos are we gonna see?
At least one; there's a Platinum Grimlock/Bruticus 2pack coming.
Biofan813
would rather he come with a weapon from the game like the others in the line.
Kantus Prime
No game accurate weapons? Damn.....
marvoflg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niv3k View Post
Sorry, they are not on BBTS!
I am not losing my mind and i am still a little concerned they are not up for pre-order
StayingInTheBox
Hey ... that's honestly not half bad.
MyClone
Love the head design, but that orange is so eye-searing it's almost G2!

Best, MyClone
aptkane
Want!
transmasterc
Very disappointed that its nothing but a Vortex repaint with a new head, lame!!!!
Bob Schoonover
Is there any indication if the new Wrecker-only weapons can be combined, as well?
edgs2099
I know one little jerk ass helicopter that'll be getting some paint.
jackgaughan
I'm hoping that if these figures sell well enough, we get brand new molds of the Wreckers.
Bass X0
Remember that these toys were apparently inspired by the Robots in Disguise Commandos. For some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantus Prime View Post
No game accurate weapons? Damn.....
I like the ones we are getting instead.

Impactor has his spear.
Twin Twist has twin drills.


I would like another set of Wreckers toys from these molds at Botcon for a "Wreckers vs. Squadron X" theme.

Impactor - repaint of Impactor (in comic accurate colors)
Guzzle - repaint of Brawl (new head)
Rotorstorm - repaint of Vortex (new head)
Fisitron - repaint of Swindle (new head)
Broadside - repaint of Blast Off (new head)
Macabre - repaint of ROTF Mindwipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmasterc View Post
Very disappointed that its nothing but a Vortex repaint with a new head, lame!!!!
I'm thankful they did the Wreckers at all.
Kaijumaster
that Orange is just aweful, I can get around it on the other wreckers, but it just kills whirl, bought a G2 Vortex to head swap it.

Plus we might get super accurate colors out of Takara.....maybe.
Kantus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass X0 View Post
I like the ones we are getting instead.

Impactor has his spear.
Twin Twist has twin drills.
Well, for those who don't have an iconic weapon, Whirl, Roadbuster and Top Spin, they should have game accurate or G1 inspired weapons.
SG Roadbuster
to those of you bitching about the colours, keep in mind that Fall of Cybertron is Aligned Continuity, not G1, and since they haven't actually shown up in the AC who knows? the Wreckers could very well have a unified Orange deco.

also, I do like that he comes with Vortex' weapons and his own new gun. it looks like it has a spinning barrel gimmick, activated by pulling back the handle on top. can the OP confirm this please?
Galvatron Rage
Cool. I didn't even know any of these were coming out.

I wasn't overly impressed with Bruticus, or any of the Combaticons for that matter - so I might not get any of these. But...we'll see.
Digilaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Roadbuster View Post
to those of you bitching about the colours, keep in mind that Fall of Cybertron is Aligned Continuity, not G1, and since they haven't actually shown up in the AC who knows? the Wreckers could very well have a unified Orange deco.

also, I do like that he comes with Vortex' weapons and his own new gun. it looks like it has a spinning barrel gimmick, activated by pulling back the handle on top. can the OP confirm this please?
I don't think these guys have 'aligned continuity' entries yet, and even if they did, probably not in such details that would explain why they're all orange.

It's most probably a design choice. Somebody thought it would look good if the combined mode would have a unified scheme - and while I would agree on some combiners (Devastator, the Grimstone from PCC, and the Japanese versions of PCC) - I don't think they should have done that with the Wreckers here.

Twin Twist, Top Spin and Roadbuster all have color schemes that, even if they have orange, are decent enough, but Whirl and Impactor are so far off from their original and latest appearances it becomes annoying.

Do they look decent in these color schemes? Yes! But you can't deny a lot of people would probably have preferred a blue Whirl and a Purple/yellow Impactor.

These are still worth picking up (adjust excitement level depending on your opinion of the original Bruticus), the fact thay they all have new headsculpts AND bigass, appropriate weapons is a huge plus. But this could have been even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantus Prime View Post
Well, for those who don't have an iconic weapon, Whirl, Roadbuster and Top Spin, they should have game accurate or G1 inspired weapons.
Roadbuster definitely has a gun from the game, or at least one that looks just like it. It's either the Energon Harvester or that thing Jazz has..what was it, the Scatterblaster? It's just as accurate/inaccurate as the game guns that came with Sideswipe, Kickback and Starscream.
NathimusPrime
what is with this mold and innacurate coloring, that orange is gross
Neekotron
Whirl,

When you come home to me, I'm painting you. Like one of my french bots.

Love,
Neek
RedAlert Rescue
I think those weapons are partly to alter the look of the vehicle modes in a small respect (as with Twin-Twist and partly they might combine or otherwise decorate the gestalt mode - Not sure if that was shown at toyfair or not as I was not really giving them my full attention.

I'd be more interested to see Sandstorm.
Bass X0
Quote:
But you can't deny a lot of people would probably have preferred a Purple/yellow Impactor.
Apparently Hasbro doesn't like using purple for Autobots.
General Tekno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digilaut View Post
I don't think these guys have 'aligned continuity' entries yet, and even if they did, probably not in such details that would explain why they're all orange.

It's most probably a design choice. Somebody thought it would look good if the combined mode would have a unified scheme - and while I would agree on some combiners (Devastator, the Grimstone from PCC, and the Japanese versions of PCC) - I don't think they should have done that with the Wreckers here.

Twin Twist, Top Spin and Roadbuster all have color schemes that, even if they have orange, are decent enough, but Whirl and Impactor are so far off from their original and latest appearances it becomes annoying.

Do they look decent in these color schemes? Yes! But you can't deny a lot of people would probably have preferred a blue Whirl and a Purple/yellow Impactor.

These are still worth picking up (adjust excitement level depending on your opinion of the original Bruticus), the fact thay they all have new headsculpts AND bigass, appropriate weapons is a huge plus. But this could have been even better.
The colorscheme's a dual homage. They aren't JUST homaging the Wreckers, they're homaging RiD Ruination as well. All those guys had heavy amounts of orange on them, and the primary/secondary colors on the respective limbs match up.
Bountyan
Looks fugly.

Continue: Generations Fall of Cybertron Whirl In-Hand Images Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena