Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations Asia Exclusive Decepticon Deluxe Seeker Elite Set (Coneheads!)

Posted on 10-25-2012 at 07:15 AM by Sol Fury under Generations / Classics
398265_296698037096451_1163077501_n
Transformers Asia has updated with details of the second of the two giftsets of Decepticon seekers which are going to be exclusive to the Asian / Chinese market. The first set was the Seeker Set Ace, containing the original trio of Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker - this second set confirmed today will be the Seeker Set Elite and it will contain redecos of Classics versions of the other three Seekers - Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet. With this set for the first time since 1985 all six members of the Decepticon airforce are collected in a single line with a single consistent aesthetic and deco style! However the rub is these like the Seeker Set Ace are China exclusive so they will command a higher price on the secondary market. They are due for a release in December.

Of interest also is that on the announcement the set name is given as "Deluxe Seeker Set Elite" in English, but "Dogfight Set" in Japanese.
Views: 5,970 / Credit: dragontron88, Detroa, Might Gaine of the 2005 Boards!
Dolza_Khyron
i'd go for it, but they're going to be 200 dollars since they're exclusives. and i can buy the american versions, for much cheaper then that.

it's not like they came with ultra magnus back in the day like skywarp did.
doomboy536
I feel so sorry for the Seeker completionists.
Detroa
English text says Elite, Japanese text says Dogfight, weird.
Might Gaine
It's called the "Dog Fight Set" in the Japanese
Stepper
Stupid TakTomy,make those previous exclusive Seekers so worthless since they reissue them under Asia exclusive
Sol Fury
Not really, since these won't be available to the same market. Japan got the Henkei ones as exclusives, these are going to be China exclusive. Different regions entirely.
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomboy536 View Post
I feel so sorry for the Seeker completionists.
Don't. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepper View Post
Stupid TakTomy,make those previous exclusive Seekers so worthless since they reissue them under Asia exclusive
Are they? I have them all and it really doesn't matter to me either way. I love ever release they've given us.

Here's the link for more images.
http://transformersasia.com/exclusiv...e_detail/3/214

Randy
UltimusPrime
I will be buying both sets only because I am obsessed with Seekers!
UltraMagnus3786
One thing I always liked about these seekers is that the molds are each a little different. Lookin' good Hasbro, looking good.
miscreant
Never liked the Chrome parts on Henkei Ramjet, and the other two i'm not sure if they're any better than what i already have.

At least it saves me a $100 or so.
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnus3786 View Post
One thing I always liked about these seekers is that the molds are each a little different. Lookin' good Hasbro, looking good.
This is TakaraTomy, not Hasbro.

Also while these are near perfect I do wish Thrust had silver wings and that they had the faux sticker details on their knees like they did on the cartoon (Dirge & Thrust had purple and Ramjet had white with red details). Especially since the other 3 have it and they don't on the cartoon.

Speaking of inaccuracies on the other 3 Skywarp's knee detail should be light blue and his feet detail silver instead of metallic dark gray. But everything else is so perfect, it's a minor nitpick.

Randy
03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredConvoy View Post
This is TakaraTomy, not Hasbro.

Also while these are near perfect I do wish Thrust had silver wings and that they had the faux sticker details on their knees like they did on the cartoon (Dirge & Thrust had purple and Ramjet had white with red details). Especially since the other 3 have it and they don't on the cartoon.

Speaking of inaccuracies on the other 3 Skywarp's knee detail should be light blue and his feet detail silver instead of metallic dark gray. But everything else is so perfect, it's a minor nitpick.

Randy
I see it says Takara Tomy on the top right corner of the picture but I'm confused by Hasbro copyright information on the bottom of the website.
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1 View Post
I see it says Takara Tomy on the top right corner of the picture but I'm confused by Hasbro copyright information on the bottom of the website.
Produced / made by TakaraTomy but distributed by Hasbro.

Randy
Transmetal
So when are they gonna bring back the Diaclone stuff? We got really old CHUG coming, Energon repaints, 1st TF Movie molds Diaclone can't be too far off.
ex dtw2003
I want that Ramjet sooooo bad but I actually think the US releases for Thrust and Dirge are better, especially Thrust.

starfish
Wish they could have remoulded Ramjet so his missiles looked like those of the other Seekers- as it is, he's the odd man out in this set.

Also I would've liked Thrust's Decepticon logos to be on his wings in robot mode, not the tail fins. I like to plug the engines into the tail fins in robot mode, so those tampos (stickers?) will be obscured in my display, sadly.
ex dtw2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Wish they could have remoulded Ramjet so his missiles looked like those of the other Seekers- as it is, he's the odd man out in this set.

Also I would've liked Thrust's Decepticon logos to be on his wings in robot mode, not the tail fins. I like to plug the engines into the tail fins in robot mode, so those tampos (stickers?) will be obscured in my display, sadly.
Oh man, NO WAY!

Ramjet never had null rays back in the day. I would have been disappointed if they didn't go with the cluster bombs like they did here.
03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Wish they could have remoulded Ramjet so his missiles looked like those of the other Seekers- as it is, he's the odd man out in this set.

Also I would've liked Thrust's Decepticon logos to be on his wings in robot mode, not the tail fins. I like to plug the engines into the tail fins in robot mode, so those tampos (stickers?) will be obscured in my display, sadly.
Transformers G1 - Ramjet - Loose - 100% Complete
PlutoniumX
Mother effer, this is going to be expensive to get all 6.

I'd love to see another set with the rainmakers.
PlutoniumX
Grrrr on the Double post.

I hope BBTS drops the price soon on the first seeker set. $40 difference with TFSource.
Metroplex79
For $50 + shipping, I'd buy a set or 2.

But the wing style on Thrust still bugs me.

G1 and iGear has it right...ok fine, World's Smallest and BotCon versions too.
G1Prowl
The only way I would have messed with this set at all is if Thrust had been cherry red, as I'd only need him for a custom Fi-tor. Guess I'll just have to find a cheap/banged up Henkei version.
FatalT 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoniumX View Post
Grrrr on the Double post.

I hope BBTS drops the price soon on the first seeker set. $40 difference with TFSource.
I went with TF Source.

I'd like to get this set, but the Coneheads arent' as important to me as the Seekers. Have to wait on the price I suppose.
Girl Pants
They look great. Definitely the best consistent set of them.

All the same, I'll stick with Gen Dirge/Thrust + henkei Ramjet. Sure, his chrome sticks out, but I don't want to spend $150 or whatever to make them look a little more uniform.
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex dtw2003 View Post
Oh man, NO WAY!

Ramjet never had null rays back in the day. I would have been disappointed if they didn't go with the cluster bombs like they did here.
He did on the show, which these are based on. I'm surprised they kept the larger missiles and didn't make him have the thinner ones like the others.

Randy
Driftx3
I already own all of these as CHUG. And Acid Storm.

Don't feel the need to own them again. (facepalm)
seeker311
With a price of over 300 for both sets, f-u Asia
ex dtw2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredConvoy View Post
He did on the show, which these are based on. I'm surprised they kept the larger missiles and didn't make him have the thinner ones like the others.

Randy
My eyes are blinded to that as G1 RJ was the only seeker I owned back in the day.
ORIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoniumX View Post
Mother effer, this is going to be expensive to get all 6.

I'd love to see another set with the rainmakers.
This. Do Sunstorm, Acid Storm and this unreleased deco of ”Sandstorm” from G2



Megatron31
^ im kinda wondering if we get a set of rainmakers through this
theledge
since I'm so late to the collecting game I have no classics seekers at all.. besides Thundercracker.

I'm all over these seeker sets!
lildevilchick
Never really cared for the Coneheads, so these are an easy pass for me.
twiztidRodimus
It kills me, I'm selling all 7 seekers (including Acid Storm) for like 130$ right now, and no one is biting, but people have interest in these over priced re-releases
prime roller
Nice! Good time to be a lonely laowai in Asia. I have all 6 US seekers already, but will be getting this anyway. Mostly because my Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust, and Skywarp are all on Prince Edward Island, Canada (pretty much the exact opposite side of the planet from here).

Like many others here, really hoping for a 'rainmakers' set as well!

Now, let's do the same multi-pack idea with the Animated seeker clones we never got!
Starscream clone (Animated) - Transformers Wiki
Powersa
I paid about $10 each for my Hasbro ones. Metallic painting is tempting but I'm good.
Enigma2K2
While not from the same line, I already have all 6 seekers. That's as complete as I'll ever need.

Now if I could just get my hands on the G1 coneheads.
PrimulArchangel
So another 130$ set ? lol at 20$ a figure thats still only 60$, thats more then a fair price, i would even pay 75$ a set but 130$ no way they are not worth the price. They could have at least changed something besides the color, like give them propper null rays and do away with the bulky fat launchers . Glad i own all them already official and KOs and i still dont think i paid over 130$, granted i got all my kos for free but still paid for all my official ones.
Bigbot3030
Man, they're so plain looking. I'm glad they do things different so that every version isn't the same, and that people who didn't have a chance to get them can now do it, but they just seem a little boring. Chrome or not, I'm glad i have the originals.
Jigga
Why can't they paint all 3 coneheads the same. They should have grey torso and waist and their thighs and the space between the torso and the waist should be the colour of the body of the jet. Dirge whole torso is grey, Thrust has a maroon waist and Ramjet has grey thigh, wtf....
deathsheadII
might bite on these to display with my straxus and fansproject insecticons if the are a good price , was looking at getting the hasbro ones but the go for around £30 or more each so would cost around £100 for the 3! hope these are much cheaper
CodeXCDM
Wow... this is both good and bad news for Seeker Completionists.

Good if they love Seekers, and didn't pay aftermarket prices for some of these...

BAD if they did pay aftermarket.
ero
Ugh, bums me out. Really want and need Ramjet, but there's no way I can justify this set or the other one (still need Skywarp, too).
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigga View Post
Why can't they paint all 3 coneheads the same. They should have grey torso and waist and their thighs and the space between the torso and the waist should be the colour of the body of the jet. Dirge whole torso is grey, Thrust has a maroon waist and Ramjet has grey thigh, wtf....
Nope, you're wrong I'm afraid.

The way they have them painted here is exactly how they were on the show (other than the lack of knee details).

Ramjet: gray fists, white forearms, gray legs, gray waist, white stomach
Dirge: gray fists, gray forearms, gray legs, gray waist, gray stomach
Thrust: gray fists, gray forearms, red legs, red waist, red stomach

They never had exact matching details on the cartoon.

Randy
Cal
Damn, that Ramjet looks good! The lack of white bits on the hands makes him even more cartoon-accurate than the Henkei version.
Stepper
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoniumX View Post
Mother effer, this is going to be expensive to get all 6.

I'd love to see another set with the rainmakers.
Better not or else these seekers will be flooded,haha

Continue: Generations Asia Exclusive Decepticon Deluxe Seeker Elite Set (Coneheads!) Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Hobby Link Japan