Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations Asia Exclusive Decepticon Deluixe Seeker Ace Set

Posted on 10-12-2012 at 08:36 AM by Sol Fury under Generations / Classics
b2aa7691f36cb16a3317d03a0f56bc87
Transformers Asia has updated with new details of the teased Generations Seeker Boxed set. Releasing exclusively in Asia on 12/21/2012, this set features the most heavily Generation 1 inspired decos yet on the trio of Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker. They are said to feature special packaging and a metalic finish, which is seen primarily on parts that were diecast on the original Generation 1 toys. Click on the link above and check out the pictures of this "Deluxe Seeker Ace Set".
Views: 7,987 / Credit: ultraq of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Generations Asia Exclusive Decepticon Deluixe Seeker Ace Set

0caf46a8c141af8ec3e874cfd698be51
677bcfb3d2ff87a3d4d380c334ecfac1
817139cb8e084cf5b28fd436d5a354ce
GAUGE
Enjoy all the mold Degradation
miscreant
Not bad...but my first instinct is to say the Henkei decos are slightly better thought out.
UTF
Just those 3? I thought there was only a pack of all 6 on the market. Probably the only way I'm going to be able to get Skywarp, which irks me to no end.
FatalT 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAUGE0001 View Post
Enjoy all the mold Degradation
I will when I have a matching set of 3 from the Generations Thundercracker mold...

Dont' look too bad, not sure about the purple null-rays for Skywarp.

Edit: I NEED THESE.
Digilaut
B-b-but I just need a Skywarp and Ramjet to make them complete.

(and Acid Storm, but nobody cares about Acid Storm)

edit: lol, the Starscream already has chipped paint near his vents.
Erland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digilaut View Post
B-b-but I just need a Skywarp and Ramjet to make them complete.

(and Acid Storm, but nobody cares about Acid Storm)

edit: lol, the Starscream already has chipped paint near his vents.
Those are the only 2 I need as well, and I care about Acid Storm so much that I have him also..
miscreant
If there is a conehead set as well, I may consider it for uniformity...

But this set screams 'almost Henkei' at me, and I already have the three actual Henkei ones.
Star Saber
Transformersasia.com has the pics up, as well as the release date - 12/21/2012

Transformersasia.com

Loving the metallic finish, sort of gives it a similar feel to the United releases.

From the looks of it, they might split the set into two, with this one being set "Ace"
BenjaminXavier
And the other being "Deuce"

lolz.
Josh
oooh

gotta admit, these look pretty shnazzy

[and im not even a big seeker fan]
Star Saber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
oooh

gotta admit, these look pretty shnazzy

[and im not even a big seeker fan]
They do! It's a nice look thats not the overly shiny look of Henkei, and also not the plain plastic look of Hasbro. I think I might need to go look for a United Megatron and ML Soundwave now
Cax6ton
Interesting. I'm not against it yet, will have to see what the price turns out to be and see better pics. They should have done something to break up the color on the launchers and missiles, being all one color makes them look like a KO. Not having a shoulder stripe in a spot that's molded for it is annoying but not important, hopefully we get better images soon.
Star Saber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cax6ton View Post
Interesting. I'm not against it yet, will have to see what the price turns out to be and see better pics. They should have done something to break up the color on the launchers and missiles, being all one color makes them look like a KO. Not having a shoulder stripe in a spot that's molded for it is annoying but not important, hopefully we get better images soon.
Funny you say that making the color on the launchers/missiles the same one makes it look like a KO, when it's simply following the look of the characters from the cartoon, which I think is what most people are after with Classics figures. Same goes for the shoulder stripes moldings.
1984forever
They still have too many paint apps! And the launchers on Skywarp don't match. Pass.
The_Black_Sheep
Eh. This 3-pack is 6 years too late. They should have released it during Classics 1.0 back in 2006-7. Give me a Classics Sunstorm - that's one repaint I'd be more than happy to buy. They can take this 3-pack & shove it up their a#%...
miscreant
Lulz at all the whinging.

Hasbro could pay everyone 50 bucks to take them, and there'd still be someone complaining about it.
FatalT 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
Lulz at all the whinging.

Hasbro could pay everyone 50 bucks to take them, and there'd still be someone complaining about it.
Exactly. As a Seeker fan, I am all about these guys. I initially wasn't too crazy about Skywarp's null rays, but the paint apps are winning me over.

And how can they have "too many" paint apps?
Composite Ghost
They re release figures sometimes so people who may have missed out have another chance at them. It's not because they like screwing with people who already have the mold. It's not all about you.

And I can't believe someone actually complained about too many paint apps.
1984forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalT 71 View Post
Exactly. As a Seeker fan, I am all about these guys. I initially wasn't too crazy about Skywarp's null rays, but the paint apps are winning me over.

And how can they have "too many" paint apps?
Paint apps on the knees instead of the vents. Uneccessary paint apps on the feet... It looks like Henkei v2. The worst part is the sloppy metallic paint job, the Starscream they chose to take a pic of has a chip on the chest. Obviously Takara doesn't take pride in the crap they sell.

I may get this set for the launchers if they match classics 2.0 SS and Henkei SW and TC. The GDO seekers themselves are going to be crash landing in my son's toy box.
FatalT 71
Maybe it's me, but I think those paint apps make them look a lot more show-accurate. Particularly the color blue used for Thundercracker, and the blue used on Starscream. The metallic paint is also a big win.

Win for me. I may buy two of these of sets.
PoweredConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984forever View Post
They still have too many paint apps! And the launchers on Skywarp don't match. Pass.
The launchers are purple like on the cartoon.

They must have separated the parts that are normally black (the muzzle and the missile) from the sprue just so they can make them purple for Skywarp.

That's a really nice touch. I love the the purple shoulders too.

They're very cartoon accurate over all, but the knees on all of them and the shin and feet detail on Skywarp are different than the cartoon (Skywarp had blue shin and silver/white feet detail - not dark metallic gray like Starscream). Thundercracker and Starscream are very cartoon accurate minus the knees and the fact you can't give Thundercracker black feet and gray hands and forearms at the same time.

Randy
Thundershot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984forever View Post
Paint apps on the knees instead of the vents. Uneccessary paint apps on the feet... It looks like Henkei v2. The worst part is the sloppy metallic paint job, the Starscream they chose to take a pic of has a chip on the chest. Obviously Takara doesn't take pride in the crap they sell.

I may get this set for the launchers if they match classics 2.0 SS and Henkei SW and TC. The seekers themselves are going to be crash landing in my son's toy box.
Man, someone needs a time out

Chances are this 3-pack is gonna cost around $100. I love my son, but I would never dump $100 Transformers in his toy box...
[Wing_Saber-X]
WANT. Finally dont have to pay ridiculous prices for TC and SW's original Henkei releases!
adambman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
They do! It's a nice look thats not the overly shiny look of Henkei, and also not the plain plastic look of Hasbro. I think I might need to go look for a United Megatron and ML Soundwave now
Yeah these are a good balance, more than a compromise I think betwen the two decos we know well as you mentioned them. Just maybe the weapons could do wih some painted detail so the figues pop visually just a little more, but that's really more cartoon accurate as it is, just like MP-10's unpainted roof lights.
Cax6ton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
Funny you say that making the color on the launchers/missiles the same one makes it look like a KO, when it's simply following the look of the characters from the cartoon, which I think is what most people are after with Classics figures. Same goes for the shoulder stripes moldings.
No argument there, but it still looks bad compared to the launchers on the earlier releases. Cartoon accuracy kinda went out the window when they made the launchers so large that they get in the way of everything. They may have accomplished what they were going for, but the end result doesn't look good.
Jason Blue Boost
I have all the seekers for the US including Botcon. I don't have the Henkei's so this works out great. I just finished my seeker shelf so these might have to stay in the box.
Murasame
That's kind of cool. I get only the 3 seekers I need. But if I had known this before, I probably wouldn't have bought Generations Thundercracker in first place. Now I will need to sell Universe Starscream and Generations Thundercracker after obtaining this set. But I'm really happy to have the opportunity to get the trio I always wanted
bkz
Love the idea but I have all 3 already, this is great for those who don't have them. I actually would like them to apply this idea to the rotf thrust mold for a conehead set (resculpted feet would be a plus).

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/7/79/ROTF-toy_Thrust.jpg
ahro23
Loving the metallic paint on these guys but I just picked up a Classics Skywarp for $15 shipped . I'd be interested to see how much these guys are gonna sell for though. Maybe I'll get rid of my 3 Hasbro Seekers if it's not too high. Otherwise I'll just wait for this set to go on sale or something
Shadowbreaker
I never did get Skywarp or an Opaque Starscream... If the price is right, I think I'll try to get a set.
1984forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Man, someone needs a time out

Chances are this 3-pack is gonna cost around $100. I love my son, but I would never dump $100 Transformers in his toy box...
I dumped SDCC Bruticus in my son's toy box too. This really pisses my wife off because she's the one who's stuck transforming them back and forth for him on her days off. If she doesn't much whining and pleading will ensue.
UltimusPrime
I am glad they are new decos.

You can never have to many seekers!

Thundershot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984forever View Post
I dumped SDCC Bruticus in my son's toy box too. This really pisses my wife off because she's the one who's stuck transforming them back and forth for him on her days off. If she doesn't much whining and pleading will ensue.
Hey, it's your money...

How old is your son?
Mixmastah
Dear santa
Thundershot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmastah View Post
Dear santa



(I'm sure someone here will understand it)
1984forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Hey, it's your money...

How old is your son?
He just turned 5 last Friday. I had no love for the FOC Combaticons. My name is 1984forever after all. I was caught up in the FOC hype.... then afterward I became stricken with buyer's remorse.
Atomatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/...ty/null-18.jpg




(I'm sure someone here will understand it)
mrbowtie?
snoopcow
po-ed 3 sets for ebay resale purpose at retail price, each set is about the same price as mp-10 hasbro in the states lol
The Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/...ty/null-18.jpg




(I'm sure someone here will understand it)
LOL. I get it.

Hmm...Will BBTS get this set? If so, I might drop my Classics Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker off and pick up this set instead.
Atomatron
i want sets 3 and 4 and 5

3- generic rainmakers
4- acid storm, sunstorm, (surprise)
5- purple army builder pack
Atomatron
i want sets 3 and 4 and 5

3- generic rainmakers
4- acid storm, sunstorm, (surprise)
5- purple army builder pack
ex dtw2003
Only need Skywarp and Ramjet myself as well. Anyway, I still like Hasbro TC better, SS is a draw, though the metallic finish is nice.

Really, do I get this a part out TC is the question.
transformer8448
So, how much would this box cost?
KFGatri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/...ty/null-18.jpg




(I'm sure someone here will understand it)
Yup. Amelia Pond... The girl who waited.
Bountyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAUGE0001 View Post
Enjoy all the mold Degradation
Haha no kidding.

This set is pretty good though. The color schemes they chose are nice; seems to be very close to the Henkei ones but w/o the chrome.
Strarf
Wow. I actually want this.
Metroplex79
If it's cheap enough, I'll still get it, even though I have at least 2 of each already...(except that slaggin Target Skywarp)

But if it's going to be like a $200 set for the 3, then forget it. If it's $60 or less, it'll be an instant buy for me.

Including all the CHMS KOs, doubles, and my custom ones, I think I'm up to 60 seekers.
Deonasis
I have the original releases of each figure but these look lovely together, a true (and probably the best) set for those who missed out or want an upgrade. Nice job!
Anguirus
Quote:
Enjoy all the mold Degradation
Ever handled a Generations Thundercracker?

Quote:
Chances are this 3-pack is gonna cost around $100. I love my son, but I would never dump $100 Transformers in his toy box...
Can't believe someone had to, you know, say this.

Well ok, if it was some huge Supreme class thing it might make more sense.

Anyway, have to agree with some folks saying it's a little too little, too late. I'm glad it's coming out for the majorly Seeker-interested.

Continue: Generations Asia Exclusive Decepticon Deluixe Seeker Ace Set Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena