Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Fall of Cybertron Voyagers Soundwave and Soundblaster Released in Australia

Posted on 10-28-2012 at 07:07 AM by Sol Fury under Generations / Classics
IMG_1060
Words reaches us from our fellow fans at Ozformers that the Fall of Cybertron Voyager class Soundwave and Soundblaster (who come with Laserbeak and Buzzsaw, respectively) have arrived at Australian retail.

With Soundwave and "New Soundwave" as he was known in the Star TV dub of The Headmasters now out at retail in Australia, it hopefully should not be too long before they reach store shelves in the US as well.

Check out the full report over at the Ozformers.
Views: 9,955 / Credit: Ozformers, Griffin-of-Oz, Starscream Gaga, Niv3k of the 2005 Boards!
Thenames9
Will wait for in hand reviews/galleries to make a decision. So far I'm happy with my deluxe Soundwave and I'd rather not make them out of scale with WFC Megs.
griffin-of-oz
It's AUSTRALIA.
Not Austria... we're on the other side of the planet to Austria.

(can a mod change the title please)

These were found a couple days ago, I just had to get a photo up for the global fan-forums to believe it. The photo above, and info, is from the news posting here - FOC Voyager Soundwave & Soundblaster now out
Ironhide1706
:O
Feralstorm
KInda cute that Laserbeak/Buzzsaw is tucked in behind Soundwave like some kinda winged backpack.
Stepper
That is fast,
Niv3k
Someone please make a video review!
Nevermore
For a moment you had my hopes up... "If they're out in Austria, sure they will also show up in Germany..." Sigh.
Starscream Gaga
I told you about this in the other Soundwave thread and its Australia. Austria is nowhere near us.
Prime Jetscream
Yay, now I'm back into "ERMAHGERD IWANT IT NOW" about Grimlock, because the voyagers have been released.
BIGGUY007
I HOPE ALL the other cassettes get released!! I want a Ravage and a Laserbeak!!
Flexx Ark
Sounds as if the wave still won't hit U.S. for a while. Once it does, trying to find one in stores will be like walking into a buzz saw due to all the rampaging shoppers.
TFPrimeReborn
Can not wait for it to be released in Singapore.
TCracker
Anytime now for my country...
JAYSCREAM
wow these should be out in the uk.......... never........lol
Optimus Prime
What I want to know is whether or not these really come with G1 Optimus Prime's gun as their weapon. All the promo pics and convention displays seem to suggest so.
UltimusPrime
I think I will pick both of these up early if possible. I hate to wait!
Master Zarak
Shouldn't Buzzsaw/Laserbeak have their Cybertronian modes and not their earth "bird" modes? I don't know why, but this really bugs me and I may not pick this up because of it.
Tarrn
Out of curiousity, are any release dates known for the cassette (or discs, whatever) twin-packs? For that matter, what's the pricing on those? I've seen them listed as Legends, but I don't know if that means each cassette is Legends-sized or the twin packs retail at the cost of a Legends-class figure.
Deceptigtar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zarak View Post
Shouldn't Buzzsaw/Laserbeak have their Cybertronian modes and not their earth "bird" modes? I don't know why, but this really bugs me and I may not pick this up because of it.
they have always had some sort of bird mode. its not like they are from beast wars. whether a tape or these discs they are now dont look any more bird than any other time they werent.
MeGrimlock1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenames9 View Post
Will wait for in hand reviews/galleries to make a decision. So far I'm happy with my deluxe Soundwave and I'd rather not make them out of scale with WFC Megs.
This ^ It really bugs me that as cool as soundwave looks that he would be bigger then both cybertronian Prime and Megatron. Because of that I have to pass because it just wouldn't be right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Jetscream View Post
Yay, now I'm back into "ERMAHGERD IWANT IT NOW" about Grimlock, because the voyagers have been released.
This ^ I am dying for Grimlock for my classics shelf and this just made me crave him even more even though it has no effect on his March release date...
Ice1991
Wow Australia is already getting these guys? Yet half of the United States have yet to get the bruticus figures in stores? Hasbro is really confusing me at the moment...
Captain
It is possible that they make a Voyager class for both Prime and Megs.

Here are some reasons:

1.A lot of people have been complaining about their own sizes.
2.Because they listen to the fans to make them bigger
3.To make more money
4. They know that they have a strong fan base that will buy all of their toys regardless of what they pump out
Starscream Gaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice1991 View Post
Wow Australia is already getting these guys? Yet half of the United States have yet to get the bruticus figures in stores? Hasbro is really confusing me at the moment...
Even more confusing when you consider the fact that were yet to get passed Wave 2 of the Prime Deluxes...
unicronic
Who else is due in this wave of is it purely SW/SB. Wasn't there a FOC Blaster somewhere on the horizon?
UltimusPrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicronic View Post
Who else is due in this wave of is it purely SW/SB. Wasn't there a FOC Blaster somewhere on the horizon?
Wave 3 has Blaster in it. Wave 2 Grimlock.
bobbyjack
Already have WFC Soundwave. Not getting anymore Soundwaves until MP Soundwave. I will get Blaster though.
orangeitis
The Combaticons haven't even showed up in my area yet, and Soundy is released now? Holy tits.
Ice1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream Gaga View Post
Even more confusing when you consider the fact that were yet to get passed Wave 2 of the Prime Deluxes...
Yup haha. ugh, someone at hasbro needs to get there crap together and start sending out some new transformers.

I have money for them lol
Digilaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice1991 View Post
Yup haha. ugh, someone at hasbro needs to get there crap together and start sending out some new transformers.

I have money for them lol
As annoying as it is for collectors to find nothing but wave1 stuff on shelves, this has nothing to do with somebody at Hasbro 'needing to get their crap together'.

It would be kind of nice if people would stop blaiming Hasbro for everything. Hasbro makes and markets the toys. Retailers choose to buy the toys from Hasbro or not - and in some parts of the world, retailers need to buy a certain percentage of Transformers product from Hasbro in order to also get access to better-selling Hasbro franchises.

It's also not Hasbro's fault when certain later waves of TF get cancelled: it's retailers not wanting to buy them - which probably means the toys don't sell good enough. Hence why later waves of product often get rebranded as a subline (like 'Allspark Power' or 'Hunt for the Decepticons'): it makes the toyline look fresh again and will trigger customers to buy again. But again: if toys don't sell good enough, there's no reason for a retailer to order more.


For some reason this is really hard to grasp for alot of people - but trust me: I know your pain, not being able to find a new wave
sparkimusprime
I still don't understand why a figure and its repaint are being released in the same wave. Maybe some of the other molds aren't ready yet? It would be nice to see a small amount of variety. Guess it doesn't matter since I'll be passing for mp Soundwave instead.
YoungPrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice1991 View Post
Wow Australia is already getting these guys? Yet half of the United States have yet to get the bruticus figures in stores? Hasbro is really confusing me at the moment...
The Combaticon's and Grimlock should've been Wave 1 release to compliment the game.

Hasbro always drops the ball.

As for this news. I might get Soundblaster since I already have WFC soundwave.

This does ruin my collection's scale though since Megatron, Shockwave and Starscream should all be Voyager class figures as well.
Onslaught24
$50!? thank primus i live in america
xMostWanted559x
I hope someone has in hand photos. I wonder how much bigger they compared to say wfc prime and megatron
Murasame
I'm waiting for in-hand pictures and comparison shots to WFC Megatron. Still undecided if I get clownfeet Soundwave or FOC Soundwave.
Loosecannon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkimusprime View Post
I still don't understand why a figure and its repaint are being released in the same wave. Maybe some of the other molds aren't ready yet? It would be nice to see a small amount of variety. Guess it doesn't matter since I'll be passing for mp Soundwave instead.
It makes perfect sense when you think about the legends "cassettes" coming out. Kids own either soundwave = they can buy the tapes. No point releasing soundblaster after the tapes have been and gone!

Maximise profits.
xMostWanted559x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasame View Post
I'm waiting for in-hand pictures and comparison shots to WFC Megatron. Still undecided if I get clownfeet Soundwave or FOC Soundwave.
I love my wfc soundwave though but if I want to add blaster and soundwave together I might switch to the foc version
Onslaught24
what gun does he come with?
Ratchets Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkimusprime View Post
I still don't understand why a figure and its repaint are being released in the same wave. Maybe some of the other molds aren't ready yet?
It is strange. To my knowlege, this is the first time that a mold and a straight repaint have been part of the same wave since G1.
xMostWanted559x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchets Hatch View Post
It is strange. To my knowlege, this is the first time that a mold and a straight repaint have been part of the same wave since G1.
I would understand if they released soundwave and blaster. But yea why soundblaster and soundwave
mrgalvaprime
Fuk, yes
Cadbane
Want.
Niv3k
Someone please make a video review or post more pictures lol =D.
Murasame
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMostWanted559x View Post
I would understand if they released soundwave and blaster. But yea why soundblaster and soundwave
Maybe to see which one sells better? :shrugs:
Dinobot Swoop
Looks great. And for some reason I was sure they where going to name him 'Dark Soundwave' or something like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMostWanted559x View Post
I would understand if they released soundwave and blaster. But yea why soundblaster and soundwave
Yeah, I'm kind of baffled too about that bit. Probably didn't want to make full of Soundwaves to potentially clog shelves or something.
ssjkazer
well i plan to get soundblaster my self wfc mold can be soundwave i am trying not to double up on molds espelly if said character has already been done and this is just upsizeing

note to self ring hasbro new zealand today and ask when or if we will be seeing these...

god its retarted australlia is right next door they will get things before us but then the usa will get it next wtf to that
Autovolt 127
I don't know why Hasbro wouldn't have put Grimlock in Wave 1 at all? Considering he's the major focus of FOC?
bignick1693
I want all of the voyagers in the foc line or at least soundwave and grimlock.
Niv3k
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignick1693 View Post
I want all of the voyagers in the foc line or at least soundwave and grimlock.
Yeah me too but my pre-order page says Soundwave arrives in December.
faustx
All over this once it shows up stateside...

Continue: Fall of Cybertron Voyagers Soundwave and Soundblaster Released in Australia Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey