Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generation 1 Live On Netflix

Posted on 04-24-2012 at 12:29 AM by ORIO under Generation 1
Transformers-G1-Ep2-0026
For those of you who have exhausted your Tivo watching episodes on the Hub or are a younger fan that has yet to experience the awesomeness that is Generation 1, you can now stream the entire Generation 1 series on Netflix. All 98 episodes are up to watch in HD. For those needing an extra dose of nostalgia, Netflix has also added the first 10 episodes of G.I.Joe A Real American Hero.

Get the popcorn. Check it out the link above!
Views: 2,395 / Credit: kronos. roufuss of the 2005 Boards!
Jacer
YES! I know what I'll be doing for the next couple weeks
Shadowbreaker
So it is!

Can't wait for BW to go up.
Roufuss
G1 isn't the only thing that's up.

You can also find the first ten episodes of G.I Joe up as well.

All 98 episodes of G1 TF are up if anyone was wondering... not sure why there are only 10 G.I Joe episodes though, that's a bit of a disappointment.
Satomiblood
Now I can watch Carnage in C Minor as many times as I want.
TFW10
Thanks for sharing, did you see anything else other than G1?

Maybe Beast Wars or Animated?
Foster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satomiblood View Post
Now I can watch Carnage in C Minor as many times as I want.
How many times is that?
Roufuss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW10 View Post
Thanks for sharing, did you see anything else other than G1?

Maybe Beast Wars or Animated?
Animated isn't part of the deal Hasbro made, sadly.

I looked thoroughly on the Netflix application on the 360, its only Transformers G1 for now (the complete series) and the first ten episodes of G.I Joe. Oh, also 26 episodes of Jem are available too.

Beast Wars is coming but its not up yet.
kronos
No beast wars yet. That's what I'm wanting to catch.
Thundercracker
Cool, no more dumb Rhino sound effects in these right?
Roufuss
Oh, forgot to mention, it also streams in HD as well. Looks pretty decent, considering its age.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
Cool, no more dumb Rhino sound effects in these right?
They appear to be identical to the most recent DVD's released of the ones I've seen so far -- I think it was Shout Factory. But no, no Rhino stuff.

I'm kinda surprised they did all of G1 at once, to be honest, since they didn't do it for G.I Joe or Jem. I'm currently watching Rebirth right now.
Urizen123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
Oh, forgot to mention, it also streams in HD as well.
Wait, what?

*signs up for Netflix*


EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
They appear to be identical to the most recent DVD's released of the ones I've seen so far.
Hold on, so they aren't in HD, then?
TFW10
Thanks guys, I have to keep my eyes open for Beast Wars (boo hoo, no Animated).
deaculpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
Cool, no more dumb Rhino sound effects in these right?
hah! i think theres a rhino at the beginning of my copy of the 1986 movie.
no more having to watch these in 3 sections on youtube!
Roufuss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urizen123 View Post
Wait, what?

*signs up for Netflix*


EDIT:



Hold on, so they aren't in HD, then?
According to Netflix, it streams in HD:

Quote:

Streaming details

Available in HD
Right from the website. It also was HD when I watched it on the 360, but to be honest, don't go in expecting some amazing transformation in quality. I haven't watched my dvd copies in forever but it does look a bit better than those from what I can recall.

I meant they are identical to the recent DVD releases in terms of how they were presented originally, and not when Rhino decided to make a ton of changes such as to the sound.
Abrogate
I bought the Shout boxset over a year ago cos I'd never seen all of G1... but then I never started watching them cos I was waiting to get a flatscreen TV (which didn't happen until a few weeks ago), and now I don't even need the TV cos I can sit right here and watch them on Netflix. Money well spent.
Satomiblood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterlager View Post
How many times is that?
Eleventy billion times.
Prowl
That's awesome!
Urizen123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
According to Netflix, it streams in HD:

Right from the website. It also was HD when I watched it on the 360, but to be honest, don't go in expecting some amazing transformation in quality. I haven't watched my dvd copies in forever but it does look a bit better than those from what I can recall.

I meant they are identical to the recent DVD releases in terms of how they were presented originally, and not when Rhino decided to make a ton of changes such as to the sound.
Thanks for the clarification!

Unfortunately, it looks like the show is only available in the US. When I enter "Transformers" into the site search, I get one result; the 2007 live-action movie. Bit disappointing.
SouthtownKid
On a side note, those first two GI Joe mini series are awesome.
Nerroth
*Checks Netflix Canada*

No sign of it there, it seems.
jestermon
Thanks for the GI Joe news was really hoping they would put them up.

Already had the G1 dvds.

Hope Bionic 6 will be up too oneday.
ThisGuy
I'll be re-watching the entire series on my 4-day weekend I got coming up. Thanks for the heads up OP.
tom servo
Now I might have a reason to get my netflix subscription back.

I'd love it if they added Challenge of the Gobots, and other 80s staples.
Ruination04
I haven't seen that. I only see TF Prime. Of course, I am clueless on Netflix and am just logging in under my dad's account.
springerbee
Beast Wars next, please!
ShakesDaKlown
Once again, us Netflix Canada users get the short end of the stick. We get DotM, but no Prime or G1. We get Rise of Cobra, but no Joe "Classics" or Renegades. Teletoon should really license their TF and GI Joe licenses to Netflix. It'd really help everyone out around here. (Provided they have Netflix, that is.)
Smeg
Watched the first couple episodes this morning and they looked very "jaggy". Is it just me?
X-Brawn
For those asking about Animated:

Transformers Animated was a joint venture between Hasbro and Cartoon Network Studios. Seeing as Hasbro now has its own network, it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see Animated on-air or in any future DVD releases ever again.

That also means that Season 3 will probably never see a DVD release either, so keep circulating the tapes...

Shame, too... I've always hoped that Hasbro would go insane (because why would Hasbro waste money promoting an obsolete toyline?) one day and commission Season 4 for either The Hub or Direct-to-DVD, but fat chance of that happening ever...
ErbFan28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satomiblood View Post
Now I can watch Carnage in C Minor as many times as I want.
All time favorite episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Brawn View Post
For those asking about Animated:

Transformers Animated was a joint venture between Hasbro and Cartoon Network Studios. Seeing as Hasbro now has its own network, it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see Animated on-air or in any future DVD releases ever again.

That also means that Season 3 will probably never see a DVD release either, so keep circulating the tapes...

Shame, too... I've always hoped that Hasbro would go insane (because why would Hasbro waste money promoting an obsolete toyline?) one day and commission Season 4 for either The Hub or Direct-to-DVD, but fat chance of that happening ever...
All I ever hear is that Hasbro 100% owns it and they can release it if they want to
kronos
I'm hoping to see the japanese series on Netflix. And beast machines and RID.
Kaijumaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronos View Post
I'm hoping to see the japanese series on Netflix. And beast machines and RID.
might be cool, please god no, if only.
Urizen123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
I haven't watched my dvd copies in forever but it does look a bit better than those from what I can recall.
Hmm, it would be interesting if someone could post a side-by-side comparison of screen captures from the Netflix and DVD versions.

Primal Sabbath
Wish they'd put RID up. Or anything else I don't already own on DVD.
urabob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg View Post
Watched the first couple episodes this morning and they looked very "jaggy". Is it just me?
Not just you. The video has better clarity, but it wasn't converted properly. Looks like bad deinterlacing. I guess that ensures we'll buy a bluray release. :\
AnAutobot1985
And of course I literally just purchased the entire series on DVD again before having heard this LOL. Oh well....twice the enjoyment of the epic original for me.
Optimist_Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronos View Post
I'm hoping to see the japanese series on Netflix. And beast machines and RID.
I'd really like to see the Japanese stuff as well. Does netflix have any anime series that are only subtitled? That could be one thing hindering it on Netflix.
Roufuss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist_Prime View Post
I'd really like to see the Japanese stuff as well. Does netflix have any anime series that are only subtitled? That could be one thing hindering it on Netflix.
Quite a few, I think.

They certainly have subtitled foreign movies, so I doubt subtitles would be a problem.
Nemisispath
OMFG *screams like a little girl*
PowermasterJazz
There's two "God Gambits" ....Tried to watch "Masquerade" and it was "God Gambit"
Deathcatg
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowermasterJazz View Post
There's two "God Gambits" ....Tried to watch "Masquerade" and it was "God Gambit"
Confirmed. I'm going by personal favorites order, so "Masquerade" was among the first batch I tried.
Bakushan
Gonna have to start watching the series. Start to finish.
apparatus
Beast wars and G1 are on Netflix as is season 1 of Prime

I have not seen energon, armada or Animated Series.

really wish Animated was on there
Neo Tallgeese
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparatus View Post
Beast wars and G1 are on Netflix as is season 1 of Prime

I have not seen energon, armada or Animated Series.

really wish Animated was on there
I do to. Armada, BeastWars Season 1, and Animated are the only ones (out side of the Japanese series) that I don't own on DVD
Autovolt 127
The Unicron Trilogy needs more love.
apparatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Tallgeese View Post
I do to. Armada, BeastWars Season 1, and Animated are the only ones (out side of the Japanese series) that I don't own on DVD
I really enjoyed Animated...

Continue: Generation 1 Live On Netflix Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey