Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

G1 Predaking - 2010 Boxed Set Gets a Second Release

Posted on 12-07-2012 at 02:41 AM by Superquad7 under Generation 1
Predaking-2010-01
TakaraTomy continues pulling out the big guns when it comes to G1 reissues here lately! The latest one is a second run of the 2010 Predaking boxed set, as a preorder went up from our site sponsor, BigBadToyStore:
"This new gift set includes all five of the original Predacons (Razorclaw, Rampage, Headstrong, Tantrum and Divebomb) each with all of the die-cast content of the original releases. These new versions are done with a new gold finish to replace the original yellow content, and come with all of the pieces to assemble the monstrous gestalt robot Predaking. This new 2010 release commemorates the 25th anniversary of the original release."
The preorder listing is at $224.99 and listed to arrive in December 2012 (yeah, that's this month - just in time for Christmas!). The images from the preorder have been mirrored here. You can read more details by clicking the preorder or after the jump!

"The Predaking 2010 Reissue Box Set includes the following figures:

Razorclaw: Function: Predacon Commander. Razorclaw combines with his fellow Predacons to form Predaking's torso section. Mistaken for slothfulness, the seemingly protracted periods of inactivity on Razorclaw's part are in fact the process of Razorclaw harnessing his tremendous energies. Razorclaw expends energy only when a venture promises a worthwhile result, and in those instances he is characterized by savage, relentless assaults. Razorclaw's massive lion mode enables him to leap distances approximate to a football field.

Rampage: Function: Gunner. Rampage combines with his fellow Predacons to form Predaking's right arm. Characterized by constant ferocity, Rampage is alternately mesmerized and lulled into a temporary stupor by Earth television. Rampage's tiger mode enables him to leap 300 feet in height and 500 feet in distance. Rampage's foreleg kick is capable of shattering a cinderblock. In robot mode, Rampage is equipped with a 60,000 volt lightning rifle, and a 5000 degree Fahrenheit thermo-sword.

Divebomb: Function: Aerial Assault. Divebomb combines with his fellow Predacons to form Predaking's left arm. Divebomb amasses a mixture of sports cars, jet wing sections, and theater marquees to create mountainous mecha-nests. Divebomb's back-situated rocket thrusters enable him to fly at a maximum speed 300 mph for a range 2000 miles. In robot mode, he is equipped with a particle beam rifle with an infra-red sight, and a laser-guided sword.

Headstrong: Function: Ground Assault. Headstrong combines with his fellow Predacons to form Predaking's right leg. The contemptuous, belligerent Headstrong is almost pathologically stubborn to the extent that he will listen to no one, particularly his comrades---however his stubbornness secretly stems from the seat of debilitating insecurities which leave Headstrong vulnerable to psychological, rather than physical, attacks. Headstrong's rhinoceros mode enables him to puncture 3-foot thick steel obstacles and deliver bursts of corrosive acid. In robot mode, he is equipped with a plasma-sphere shooter, and a light-distorting diffraction sword.

Tantrum: Function: Fueler. Tantrum combines with his fellow Predacons to form Predaking's left leg. Issuing steam from his nasal ducts, Tantrum is given to bursts of unreasoning fury, which he prefers over any other form of discourse; Tantrum frequently plies his massive horns to the task of obliterating highway trestles and small buildings. Tantrum's horns generate 20,000 volt electric blasts, and he is outfitted with four exterior fuel tanks as a reserve source for himself and the remaining Predacons. In robot mode, Tantrum is equipped with a chemical-discharging catalytic carbine, and an electro-sword.

Predaking: The base sum of the ceaseless savagery of the Predacons, Predaking is among the mightiest and most destructive of the Decepticons. In his warrior capacity Predaking is unrivaled and is unburdened by any recognized weakness. Predaking is capable of lifting 500 tons, and can react to any movement in his line of sight within .002 seconds. Capable of generating a defensive electric field, Predaking wields an X-ray laser cannon as well as the twin mortar shell launchers housed within each foot."
Views: 3,425 / Credit: archieboy of the 2005 Boards!

Images for G1 Predaking - 2010 Boxed Set Gets a Second Release

Predaking-2010-02
SPLIT LIP
Usually "DAT WHATEVER" is used as a postive turn of phrase. I expected some low low price worthy of puffing out my upper lip.
archieboy
Was being sarcastic
Sharpfinger
Maybe some parts are covered with gold...

Why Predaking costs so much more than Devastator or (coff coff) Piranacon?
SPLIT LIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpfinger View Post
Maybe some parts are covered with gold...

Why Predaking costs so much more than Devastator or (coff coff) Piranacon?
Well, I mean, he's way bigger is he not?
DirgeGUNinc
............want.........now...........
XxsnipersnakexX
bigger and with die cast parts
Sharpfinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Well, I mean, he's way bigger is he not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxsnipersnakexX View Post
bigger and with die cast parts
He's US$100,00 "bigger" than Devastator?

This is a lot of money... If we got Aerialbots or Protectobots released I hope for much better price.
Knightdramon
It will probably sell at that price because there's fans\customers who blindly preorder something and "just save money from the POL" that they ship six months later.

As to why he's more expensive...he is bigger than the other gestalts and uses more diecast and has glossy paint applications. Mind you, original retail for the set was around 15.000 yen versus the 10-11.000 yen of the Devastator\Bruticus encore.
archieboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
It will probably sell at that price because there's fans\customers who blindly preorder something and "just save money from the POL" that they ship six months later.

As to why he's more expensive...he is bigger than the other gestalts and uses more diecast and has glossy paint applications. Mind you, original retail for the set was around 15.000 yen versus the 10-11.000 yen of the Devastator\Bruticus encore.
Yes, the retail price differences are very much justified in my opinion.
opt1musaber
Hmm, me thinks I should buy the 2010 release asap...BTW was 2010 release metal and is this new release metal, or are they both plastic?
archieboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by opt1musaber View Post
Hmm, me thinks I should buy the 2010 release asap...BTW was 2010 release metal and is this new release metal, or are they both plastic?
This one's the same as the 2010 release, I think, and both are metal. I think the only nonmetal version is the vintage giftset.
Valkysas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpfinger View Post
He's US$100,00 "bigger" than Devastator?

This is a lot of money... If we got Aerialbots or Protectobots released I hope for much better price.
Keep in mind each individual predacon is about the size of a Voyager class figure. Big, chunky, with large metal parts. Not the tiny scout-sized members you see in the Aerialbot or Protectobot teams.
blueben
So this is the reply from TT about War Lord Beasticons. Too bad there is no superion reissue.
Dolza_Khyron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpfinger View Post
He's US$100,00 "bigger" than Devastator?

This is a lot of money... If we got Aerialbots or Protectobots released I hope for much better price.
yes. yes he is, 100 dollars bigger, and better, then devastator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueben View Post
So this is the reply from TT about War Lord Beasticons. Too bad there is no superion reissue.
I spent 70 dollars on a used superion. and i don't think he's even worth that much. at least not as a functional toy, wise. it's pretty much 4 of the same toys, attached to one really loopy, thin legged robot, that makes it look like he's standing on stilts in combined mode.

not really sure why people would get all worked up on it. Now the protectobots were much better.
mjcrow
Seems like when the first reissue came out they were $174.99. I figured the the second run would be around that mark but I guess not.
AU Chevy
I think I got this in 2010 for $169. If it is the same release why is there such a difference in price?
RatTrap1985
Predacon is worth the price. Great figure. I have the original and metal reissue. I love them both.
Dolza_Khyron
i think i recall it being 224 dollars in 2010, it was just quickly had a price drop to 180. which it actually remained up until that re-reissue was announced. But anyone who doesn't have one now... probably doesn't want one. after 2 reissues.
[Wing_Saber-X]
Eh..ill stick to my earlier 2010 release, thanks...
YoungPrime
They know those two 3rd party Predakings are coming so they're trying to get rid of their remaining inventory it would seem.

I mean if a newly designed but superior Predaking is coming and has close to a $300 price tag, then why pay $225 for an old one that's somewhat overpriced anyway even if you do love'em?

I think Hasbro takes us for granted sometimes....

I have all 5 Predacon's, I just gave up on collecting parts for him because of the crazy prices sellers charge for his feet and hands... Which in some cases cost more than the actual figures.

And with that God awful Hub show pimping his name out to some tacky looking dragon thing they need to sell. Hopes for a "Generations" G1 Predacon set coming looks unlikely...

So the I'll be checking for the 3rd party one which I how is somewhat reasonable...If not then it's a "PASS" altogether.
yvk2000
I decided to sell mine the moment I opened it. Even my mom lamented the lower quality of materials they use nowadays.

My two cents, aim high and get the original 2000 reissue. Integrity through and throughout.
Blitzwing2008
depending on what happens ill probably get this guy
LegendAntihero
I bought mine from ToyArena for 200. I feel sorry for anyone who lives near bbts.
GizmoTron
Didn't BBTS recently sell the remainder of 2010 Predakings on clearance for less than half of that $230 price tag?

Or did they even sell out and just adding the old stock to the new?

Either way, I got one of these, it's awesome, but not $230 awesome. Wait for the price cut, there will be one.
madhatprime
I don't like the gold on the 2010 release... But I'm only missing tantrum and his foot part for my vintage one...
Starscream Gaga
I was like "OMG CHEAP PREDAKING!? GIMME GIMME!" when I saw the thread and then came crippling disappointment. Poor me...
Transmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendAntihero View Post
I bought mine from ToyArena for 200. I feel sorry for anyone who lives near bbts.
Why?
Bossguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
They know those two 3rd party Predakings are coming so they're trying to get rid of their remaining inventory it would seem.

I mean if a newly designed but superior Predaking is coming and has close to a $300 price tag, then why pay $225 for an old one that's somewhat overpriced anyway even if you do love'em?

I think Hasbro takes us for granted sometimes....

I have all 5 Predacon's, I just gave up on collecting parts for him because of the crazy prices sellers charge for his feet and hands... Which in some cases cost more than the actual figures.

And with that God awful Hub show pimping his name out to some tacky looking dragon thing they need to sell. Hopes for a "Generations" G1 Predacon set coming looks unlikely...

So the I'll be checking for the 3rd party one which I how is somewhat reasonable...If not then it's a "PASS" altogether.
But remember TFC? Now 3p realize they can practically steal our wallets if they do a combiner that people like. TFC's sales will probably dwindle if they keep charging 100 bucks a figure. Wjhile other 3ps will probably make a cheaper combiner, it will probably be still over the 300 dollar mark. I think g1 predaking is worth 200, I just hope there will be no mold degradation.
Blitz.
sigh I tell myself I'm gearing down my collecting post fort max.... then I see this.
igniz1984
thats pricey! i remember upon the first release of this guy, bbts discounted him a few times. I think the lowest I saw it at one point was around 150-160 but kept passing on it in hopes it would drop more.
Dinodigger97
That's hell-a pricey, but I'm gonna bite anyways.
Soundwinder
"DAT" anything denotes desire. That was super misleading.
Alooulla
Yes, he is expensive..But he's massive, and he's heavy...He's no scramble city combiner for those of you that haven't owned the toy before. In my view, worth every penny. This is something you'll keep.
Cracka J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwinder View Post
"DAT" anything denotes desire. That was super misleading.
lol, not where i've seen it used. usually in video game circles. dat madden, dat halos, etc. usually used in a derogative way when people want to talk trash about them being overrated.

I was completely expecting a large price hike when I read that.
Soundwinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracka J View Post
lol, not where i've seen it used. usually in video game circles. dat madden, dat halos, etc. usually used in a derogative way when people want to talk trash about them being overrated.

I was completely expecting a large price hike when I read that.
Seriously? You hang in some odd circles, then. It's a derivation of the "DAT ASS" meme which is undeniably positive.
jbz
I too thought it would be like $150 when I read the title, lol.

Just how many re-issues have there been of Predaking anyway?
grimlock1972
doesn't make much sense reissuing this set, hopefully it is just left over stock found in a warehouse. the original 2010 release was not a fast seller so i can't imagine this one will be either, with Fort max on the horizon its likely to warm shelves for a while.
RedAlert Rescue
Devastator is 6 Cyberverse Commanders with almost not joints and a little bit of Metal and mediocre design solutions to the combination. Bruticus was horribly painted slightly to expensive and riddled with QC flaws and Predaking is what 9 times what a near Identical KO costs ? and the 1st version (loose) and even the 2nd & 3rd versions boxed are all cheaper.

So if they think I'll pay $225.00 for Scorponok when the time comes they are dumber than they look.
YoungPrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossguy View Post
But remember TFC? Now 3p realize they can practically steal our wallets if they do a combiner that people like. TFC's sales will probably dwindle if they keep charging 100 bucks a figure. Wjhile other 3ps will probably make a cheaper combiner, it will probably be still over the 300 dollar mark. I think g1 predaking is worth 200, I just hope there will be no mold degradation.
I'm just an admirer of TFC's work, not a customer. Hell I'd get the Make Toys Giant before I'd entertain buying that Hercules combiner.

But here's to Hasbro doing some spectacular stuff in there 30th anniversary year. Yeah, I know that movie is coming out but I hope Hasbro doesn't focus all their attention on that.
citoria
$250 for a what? Third re-issue? Are they out of their minds? For $250 all you can say is that you own a Predaking that "looks" the same as the original toy. No thanks.
Dolza_Khyron
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbz View Post
I too thought it would be like $150 when I read the title, lol.

Just how many re-issues have there been of Predaking anyway?
this is actually the same reissue of predaking, it's just another production run.
Autovolt 127
How many times will they re-release Predaking?

and no matter how many times he's re-released his price never goes down.
Furyan
Glad I bought mine last year. Only paid $135 for him too. This price is just crazy... I suppose Takara figured if Maketoys could get $350-$400 for their combiner,why not push the price of theirs up. I mean come on it does have die cast metal parts
N7 Shadowstrike
G1 sucks! Most of the toys weren't even cool back in the day. The only reason any of you care about G1 is that stupid nostalgia thing.
archieboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by N7 Shadowstrike View Post
G1 sucks! Most of the toys weren't even cool back in the day. The only reason any of you care about G1 is that stupid nostalgia thing.
I'll have none of that hate-spewing here, son. Go play with your Bot Shots.
Transfotaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
Keep in mind each individual predacon is about the size of a Voyager class figure. Big, chunky, with large metal parts. Not the tiny scout-sized members you see in the Aerialbot or Protectobot teams.
They are nowhere near THAT large. They're the size of a good deluxe, during the deluxe heyday of yesteryear. Perhaps slightly bigger in some cases. Divebomb may have been sold as the old 'Mega' size class from BW-Energon, the old $15 price point figure, just because his wings make him rather hard to fit on a blister card. You could argue they're all between Deluxe and Mega size classes.

But Voyager? That's way too large for them.

Sure, they're bigger than the "One Mega + Four Scouts" of a Scramble City style combiner. All the guys are the same size, which is nice. But Scout size isn't 'tiny', it's not like a Legends or Cyberverse.

I'm not interested, personally, in this reissue. I sold off my G1 Predaking happily, and I passed on the reissues. They're big, but they're bricky, they're statues, they've got no play value to me anymore. Makes for a nice display piece, I'll admit, but nothing else, personally. So, seeing them reissued again, for such a (relatively) high price, after they been sitting in clearance for awhile? Talk about an odd choice.

It definitely doesn't make any sense they'd do that, nor does it make sense that BBTS put it up for such a price, when they're basically competing with themselves and their prior clearance price on it.
Valkysas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfotaku View Post
They are nowhere near THAT large. They're the size of a good deluxe, during the deluxe heyday of yesteryear. Perhaps slightly bigger in some cases. Divebomb may have been sold as the old 'Mega' size class from BW-Energon, the old $15 price point figure, just because his wings make him rather hard to fit on a blister card. You could argue they're all between Deluxe and Mega size classes.

But Voyager? That's way too large for them.
Uh...



Not my pic, but... yeah. voyager.
opt1musaber
I don't see how this will sell well. Anyone with the right mind will do a quick search before committing to buying this and they'll find that you can get the exact same item for under 200 on ebay, just like the OP said. So ye....I was gonna get one, but nah, I'm gonna spend it on something I REALLY want.

Another possibility is that all the 2010 Predaking reissues that are under 200 atm, will have their prices increased to match the new release. In that case better be quick and snag those up while it lasts.
Laser_Optimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
Uh...

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/953/56322759.jpg

Not my pic, but... yeah. voyager.
Well, for the sake of argument, I feel obliged to point out that Classics Prime was a small voyager when he was released. Though, I guess by Hasbro's current standards he's about right. Still, I think they fit the old school mega price point better than voyager modern or yesteryear. Also, height comparison is a terrible way to judge that, because I could put Armada Wheeljack in that pictures (sold as a deluxe) and he'd pretty much be almost as tall as Optimus and probably as tall as Rampage there.

Let's not forget that Hasbro judges their price points by the amount of plastic used and not the actual size. Thus, there's really no way to judge these guys by Hasbro's standards, because they're loaded with diecast. Just some food for thought for everyone on the matter.

Continue: G1 Predaking - 2010 Boxed Set Gets a Second Release Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey