Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFCC Magazine Issue #38 Tidbits

Posted on 03-29-2011 at 10:48 AM by SilverOptimus under Conventions
STARSCREAM-KRE-O-MINI-FIGURE_1297809325
Got some interesting tidbits from the latest issue (#38) of Transformers Collectors’ Club Magazine thanks to 2005 Boards member Beastbot X.

It was not too long ago we discussed about Kre-O and Kreons. On this issue, Hasbro explains the origin of their latest Trademark “Kre-O”. Latin word “Creo”; meaning “I Create” is the base for this new name. Not only that, during this year we will see 29 Transformers Kreon figures and 12 Kre-O sets. There is a reminder that Kre-O is not always about Transformers. (Who’s guessing it is G. I. Joe? You know it’s going to happen… You know it’s coming!)

There is also a Michael Bay interview by Pete (we all know him as Pete@BotCon here at TFW2005). Transformers: Dark of the Moon is only 94 days away and Mr. Bay is telling us that there is less humor in DOTM than Transformers 2007. Also he tells us to look for lots of Easter Eggs (No, not in the coming month... In the movie). Speaking of which, “Hop” is releasing soon.

Got lots of other stuff as well… Take a look at what Beastbot X is telling us about the magazine, over on the thread.
Views: 4,867 / Credit: Beastbot X of the 2005 Boards!
Toxicon
Solid, thanks for the info. Can't wait to see Bluestreak and Skywarp; Skywarp sounds hysterical. Is he basically the Starscream one in new colors, or a new set entirely?

I'm really digging Kre-O as a whole.
exclusacon
Just got mine today....is ok to post pics of kreo skywarp and bluestreak?
Toxicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusacon View Post
Just got mine today....is ok to post pics of kreo skywarp and bluestreak?
No, sadly, it is against the rules. Don't get yourself infracted, brah
Kickback
No pictures.
exclusacon
Ok glad I ask first....
Feralstorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
--Kre-o is rooted in the Latin word "creo", which means "I create". So that's where the name came from.
And very conveniently sounds vaguely like "Lego"
Quote:
--In 2011, there will be 29 Transformers Kreon figures released-- 17 of them TFs and 12 of them human.
Dear Hasbro,

If you put out Kreon figs of human characters from Transformers Animated, There's an excellent chance I might buy them regardless of the set in which they are included.

Thanks in advance,
A fan who bought a 2011 Botcon Iacon set, so you KNOW I got more money than sense.
Beastbot X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicon View Post
Solid, thanks for the info. Can't wait to see Bluestreak and Skywarp; Skywarp sounds hysterical. Is he basically the Starscream one in new colors, or a new set entirely?
No, Skywarp and Bluestreak Kreons. Y'know, the little LEGO-men things.
But in that respect, yes, Skywarp is a recolored Starscream Kreon, just with a different--and completely awesome-- face.
exclusacon
They look really cool too....Skywarp colors just pops better imo...
Toxicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
No, Skywarp and Bluestreak Kreons. Y'know, the little LEGO-men things.
But in that respect, yes, Skywarp is a recolored Starscream Kreon, just with a different--and completely awesome-- face.
Ohhhh, I see. Misinterpreted ya. Still sounds fantastic.
Angelwave
Oh....nice to here that Ramjet will be up for preorder soon.
ORIO
I just want the little Kreon dudes... Cmon Hasbro!
Angelwave
I would love to have the option of just having the pack of the smaller Kre-O too.
Feralstorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I just want the little Kreon dudes... Cmon Hasbro!
It's obvious Hasbro has caught on hard to the mini-figure collector aspect of Lego and others. Probably depends on if Kre-O catches on or not, but it would be interesting to see Hasbro do the little blind-bagged figure thing, like Lego and Mega Blocks have started doing recently.

(fast forward to TFW a few years from now, and "muhfuggin' scalpers keep buying up all the Arcee Kreons!" threads. )
SPLIT LIP
I wish the Kreons were closer to the Halo Megabloks figures in terms of proportions and articulation, but they're still good and I'm bound to get a set or two.
Maverick Hunter Christian
I want to be bummed about the time frame for Sideburn. But that's about when I received Dion last year. So, yeah...

That said, I would really, really appreciate it if the pre-orders for Ramjet and Cheetor, when they go up, go up well into the evening. I really don't want a repeat of PCC happening to me again while I'm at work.
dragon516
Does this mean I won't be able to pick up any extra Sideburns at the Con? Even worse, no Ramjet or Cheetor possibility at the Con either? Oh wells. I was hoping I would luck out and be able to buy some of these at the Con so I can save on shipping. Guess I better buy it online when it shows up.
Superquad7
I always have fun reading the newsletter each month
WhiteMocha
Interesting and a bit strange how bit by bit the TFCC are ret-conning the entire 2005 set to fit in with the Elite Guard story. I wonder if they decided the story wasn't strong enough on its own, or was maybe too disconnected from the rest of the TF canon, and decided to kinda "bring it into the fold" more.
G.B. Blackrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMocha View Post
Interesting and a bit strange how bit by bit the TFCC are ret-conning the entire 2005 set to fit in with the Elite Guard story. I wonder if they decided the story wasn't strong enough on its own, or was maybe too disconnected from the rest of the TF canon, and decided to kinda "bring it into the fold" more.
Personally, I always assumed it had more to do with redeeming the sentiment fans have toward the 2005 set, rather than "fixing" any perceived errors of Wings of Honor, per se.

Either way, I support the move to keep the toys we've paid so much for in current fiction. I've always hated the idea that we'd get ONE solid story out of these figures, and then never see them again. Although so much of what FP has done (although not lately) has been prose with practically no pictures, it's clear that they're trying to avoid that problem.

(But, yeah, more pictures in our fiction, guys!)
WhiteMocha
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.B. Blackrock View Post
Personally, I always assumed it had more to do with redeeming the sentiment fans have toward the 2005 set, rather than "fixing" any perceived errors of Wings of Honor, per se.

Either way, I support the move to keep the toys we've paid so much for in current fiction. I've always hated the idea that we'd get ONE solid story out of these figures, and then never see them again. Although so much of what FP has done (although not lately) has been prose with practically no pictures, it's clear that they're trying to avoid that problem.

(But, yeah, more pictures in our fiction, guys!)
Oh, yeah, actually I wasn't very clear, sorry.... I didn't mean the Wings of Honor set was the one that didn't fit in, I meant the 2005 was the one that didn't. Which makes sense, since it was FP's first go-around, and the Botcon-based mythos has evolved and matured a lot since then. So yeah, I totally agree with you, I think it is an attempt to, as you said, redeem the 2005 set.

I like it as well. It lets me display those two sets together as one cohesive whole, rather than the 2005 set being just sort of oddball. And of course switching Chromia to Moonracer was a welcome change.
SilverOptimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
--Heavily hinted that TFs will not be the only Hasbro property to get the Kre-O treatment.
I'm betting it's G. I. Joe. Oh, you know it's coming!
G1_Cindersaur
so with the pre-orders...do you pay up front then wait a few months to have the figures shipped...or do they bill up when the actual order ships?

i orderd the seacon set a long time ago...but they had already gotten them in stock ..never done a "pre-order" with FP before.
Beastbot X
You pay when you check out.
Grimlock_13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwave View Post
Oh....nice to here that Ramjet will be up for preorder soon.
Agreed. Can't wait for it.
Cheem The Rup
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I just want the little Kreon dudes... Cmon Hasbro!
yeah me too
Prowl
Damn, and I was hoping for a Lego Transformers game.
NormanB
No plans to sell Kreons individually

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Miggytron
Damn thread title! I scoured the first post expecting to see some kind of news about Breakdown. Is he in the movie? Is he getting a Kre-o? What what??

Then I realized the title referred to a breakdown of what's in the magazine. Plus, if it was referring to the bot, his name is supposed to be spelled Brakedown anyway isn't it?

Fail.
Rotorstorm
I wonder if we'll se Spike and Sparkplug Kreons.

Looking forward to getting the new mag.
Foster
Quote:
Originally Posted by migston26 View Post
Plus, if it was referring to the bot, his name is supposed to be spelled Brakedown anyway isn't it?
Are we talking about the old dude in Cybertron? The ROTF scout? No?
Quote:
Originally Posted by migston26 View Post
Fail.
Autobot Burnout
Wait, is that Kre-O "Bluestreak" set actually going to be sold as Bluestreak? That would be interesting, since Hasbro kinda went for the Silverstreak renaming.

And I know this would be totally impossible, but I would LOVE for there to be a big Kre-O set of that infamous Giant Purple Griffin (with obligitory Megatron mini-figure).
Rattrap Primal
Kreo will probably a webcomicers dream
Rattrap Primal
And I see the comedy strips using them
flywheels
Looking forward to getting that G2 Ramjet.
tehKOREANdude
Club exclusives this month? This month could mean April, right? this is the march-april issue. my wallet's still dry from botcon >.<

Anybody know how much each exclusive will be? Around $60? Upwards $60?
Foster
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehKOREANdude View Post
Club exclusives this month? This month could mean April, right? this is the march-april issue. my wallet's still dry from botcon >.<

Anybody know how much each exclusive will be? Around $60? Upwards $60?
I would optimistically guess $40 for Ramjet and $60 for Cheetor, based on the remold expense for the latter.
Draven
I wonder if my magazine will arrive before Botcon.
tehKOREANdude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterlager View Post
I would optimistically guess $40 for Ramjet and $60 for Cheetor, based on the remold expense for the latter.
Gosh. Thanks for the response, but damn. I know I don't have 100+ to burn right now -.-
PrimulArchangel
I still have yet to get my first issue of this club magazine. When do they normally mail it and people get it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterlager View Post
I would optimistically guess $40 for Ramjet and $60 for Cheetor, based on the remold expense for the latter.
yeah cause it costs sooooooooo much to make a new head lol if cheetor is 60$ they can keep him lol
highlander3000
I would be very surprised if there was not a free Kreon giveaway at BotCon and ComicCon this year.
Thundershot
Judging by past club figures, Ramjet will be ~$44 and Cheetor ~$59.
Beastbot X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
Wait, is that Kre-O "Bluestreak" set actually going to be sold as Bluestreak? That would be interesting, since Hasbro kinda went for the Silverstreak renaming.
Actually, a recent release in the Speed Stars line has his name as Bluestreak. And this Bluestreak Kreon is very blue, making him look more like Smokescreen to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehKOREANdude View Post
Club exclusives this month? This month could mean April, right? this is the march-april issue. my wallet's still dry from botcon >.<
I have the first-class membership 'cause I live in the middle of nowhere with a crummy local PO and so I don't trust stuff mailed third class to actually make it here. So because of that, I usually receive mine about 5-7 days before the end of the relevant month. Most people, who have third-class membership, receive their mags about a week after the beginning of the next month, from what I've read. So yeah, "this month" I'm sure means April.
Torque
odd-my copy hasnt shown up...

EDIT:: *reads post above mine* doh!
airfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
-Sideburn will likely ship right after Botcon.
-Cheetor and Ramjet pre-orders will start "this month".
Yay? And, yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
-Interview with Morgan Lofting (voice of Firestar and Moonracer, as well as GIJOE's Baroness)
I knew they wouldn't waste the oportunity to interview her, with her upcoming JoeCon appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
-KRE-O Q&A-- some new information here:
--Exclusive first pictures of Skywarp and Bluestreak Kreons (they come with two driver Kreons in the big Optimus Prime set-- Skywarp's face looks hilariously grumpy and thuggish)
Can't wait to get my copy of the magazine and see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
--Kre-o is rooted in the Latin word "creo", which means "I create". So that's where the name came from.
Cool! "creo" is also "I create" in Spanish ... and "I believe." Yeah, Spanish is like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
--No plans to sell Kreons individually
Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimulArchangel View Post
yeah cause it costs sooooooooo much to make a new head lol if cheetor is 60$ they can keep him lol
Creating the new metal molds for the new head is indeed expensive.

-airfox
Draven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastbot X View Post
I have the first-class membership 'cause I live in the middle of nowhere with a crummy local PO and so I don't trust stuff mailed third class to actually make it here. So because of that, I usually receive mine about 5-7 days before the end of the relevant month. Most people, who have third-class membership, receive their mags about a week after the beginning of the next month, from what I've read. So yeah, "this month" I'm sure means April.
Unless you live overseas, in which case you might get it within a month of US 3rd Class members getting theirs.
orionpax55
Oh god, my brain, the Built To Rule memories, agh...
(passes out)
G.B. Blackrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander3000 View Post
I would be very surprised if there was not a free Kreon giveaway at BotCon and ComicCon this year.
Bring it on!
dragon516
Just wondering how you are making these estimates. P/CP was about 59 and Cyclonus was about 44. Any reason you think Ramjet will follow the Cyclonus price and Cheetor the P/CP price? I am more hoping that with the P/CP debacle, that they would smart up and produce more and at the same time reduce the cost. Here's to hoping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Judging by past club figures, Ramjet will be ~$44 and Cheetor ~$59.
G.B. Blackrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon516 View Post
Just wondering how you are making these estimates. P/CP was about 59 and Cyclonus was about 44. Any reason you think Ramjet will follow the Cyclonus price and Cheetor the P/CP price? I am more hoping that with the P/CP debacle, that they would smart up and produce more and at the same time reduce the cost. Here's to hoping.
In the absence of solid information indicating that FP is changing anything about how they produce these, I don't see why an estimate that suggests similarity to the past is something that should be called into question. He's not saying that they WILL be these prices, but it still seems to be the most reliable way to answer the often-asked question of how much these will be.

Continue: TFCC Magazine Issue #38 Tidbits Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Tempting Collectibles for Transformers and Godzilla