Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

BotCon 2013 Set Theme Revealed: Machine Wars!

Posted on 12-03-2012 at 12:50 PM by Secretcode under Conventions
MW_logo
After a long wait, a copy of the Transformers Collector's Club Magazine has reached the hands of the fandom. Thanks to a thread over on The Allspark, it has been revealed that the theme of the BotCon 2013 set is...

Machine Wars!

As announced at BotCon 2012, this year's story takes place in the TFCC's Wings of Honor universe after the events of their Generation 2 stories. What toys could possibly be included in this set? For that matter where and when will BotCon 2013 be? Swing on by the ongoing thread and speculate away by clicking the discuss link below.

UPDATE: According to The Allspark user, Walky, the comic inside the magazine itself also gives a bit of a teaser on just who may be in the set.

Silhouettes of MW Soundwave, Megatron, and Starscream standing over a wrecked RTS Laser Prime and e-Hobby Galvatron II. These "Machine Wars" are a premonition of the future as seen by Sizzle.
Views: 6,460 / Credit: StayingInTheBox of the 2005 Boards!
Bass X0
Secretcode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass X0 View Post
I see Cohrahda, to be honest.
Thenames9
I hope it's a decent theme for BotCon this year that a lot of people will like. Maybe using the original Beast Wars beast forms for the main cast but making them more accurate in paint and head?
butchrecon72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretcode View Post
I see Cohrahda, to be honest.
I see a black silhouette with colorful rainbow behind it :-)
fallen_revenge
Awesome cant wait! Hoepfully i go to botcon next year!
Matty
I really wish they'd just announce it a little earlier than December ...
cbff
Somebody is hotlinking an image. From what I've heard, Allspark doesn't like that.
seeker311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenames9 View Post
I hope it's a decent theme for BotCon this year that a lot of people will like. Maybe using the original Beast Wars beast forms for the main cast but making them more accurate in paint and head?


I thought you said that A LOT of people will like,
bossprime
I hope we get some bw neo repaints along with some more obscure g1 goodness!
Those combined would make an awesome boxed set and exclusives.
Lumpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayingInTheBox View Post
I really wish they'd just announce it a little earlier than December ...
Agreed. I doubt we'll even know the location by December.

I think Sol Fury said that he thought the image looked like Corhada, maybe we'll get some more BWNeo and BW2 molds repainted, to go with Ultra Mammoth.
Deceptigtar
great another announcement about an announcement so that when that announcement happens, it will just be another announcement of that announcement and to still stay tuned for that announcement of the announcement that we originally didnt get.
process
I feel like, minus the head, that silhouette is very distinct. Which mold is that?
backlash3906
Yo dawg, I heard you like announcements, so I'm making this announcement about that announcement, so that you can announce my announcement about the announcement's announcement.

This is great news for me, since I was already planning on stopping by Dan's booth at the convention anyway. :-)
Autovolt 127
So in other words. Nothing Yet. Why is this news then?
Matty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
Agreed. I doubt we'll even know the location by December.

I think Sol Fury said that he thought the image looked like Corhada, maybe we'll get some more BWNeo and BW2 molds repainted, to go with Ultra Mammoth.
I really like the idea of more Beast Wars figures - whatever the continuity.

It's just annoying that we're all gonna be waiting on this announcement and have less than 4-5 months to plan, save, etc.

Oh well ... I'll complain all I want but I'm still telling myself there's no way I'm missing it.
grunge
does this mean there will be a another membership drive so i can get the promos due for next year?
daelite20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
So in other words. Nothing Yet. Why is this news then?
Because It's an announcement for an upcoming announcement. Nothing makes sense anymore
VictoryLeo19
I ask this every year but it quickly gets lost in the ocean of threads. Is there a way to order these sets online? I remember I used to have to scan/fax a form years back, but I'm wondering if they now allow us to simply use a credit card and order them?


Thanks guys!
Kylehudson14
Can I still join in January? Thats what Im concerned about, being able to join nthen & reveice my free figure, DEPTHCHARGE!
Dr. Prime
What it really should say is....

"While we are locking down the details for next years convention, we will announce the date and location of the 2013 Botcon 1 week prior to the con so that hopefully you will be able to make last minute travel arrangements. At the very least, you could quit your job so that you can make it. Hope to see you there"

Kaijumaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
So in other words. Nothing Yet. Why is this news then?
because if the Club goes quite for too long people start coming up with all sorts of inane theories.
Deefuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryLeo19 View Post
I ask this every year but it quickly gets lost in the ocean of threads. Is there a way to order these sets online? I remember I used to have to scan/fax a form years back, but I'm wondering if they now allow us to simply use a credit card and order them?


Thanks guys!
There is usually a non-attendee option for the boxed set. The add-on souvenir figures are available at the con for attendee's only. If there are ever any add-ons left after the show they may make them available online then.
Shin-Gouki
Planning on TFCon this year instead
Lumpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by process View Post
I feel like, minus the head, that silhouette is very distinct. Which mold is that?
Someone mentioned Corhada, and I think it looks pretty right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayingInTheBox View Post
I really like the idea of more Beast Wars figures - whatever the continuity.

It's just annoying that we're all gonna be waiting on this announcement and have less than 4-5 months to plan, save, etc.

Oh well ... I'll complain all I want but I'm still telling myself there's no way I'm missing it.
yeah, of course, if you're planning to go, you could always start saving as soon as the prior one is done, but it's far easier to save when you know how much you need based on location, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryLeo19 View Post
I ask this every year but it quickly gets lost in the ocean of threads. Is there a way to order these sets online? I remember I used to have to scan/fax a form years back, but I'm wondering if they now allow us to simply use a credit card and order them?


Thanks guys!
yes, they allow you to order without attending, but only the boxed set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylehudson14 View Post
Can I still join in January? Thats what Im concerned about, being able to join nthen & reveice my free figure, DEPTHCHARGE!
yes, as long as you join before March 16th, you get the free Depthcharge.
process
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
Someone mentioned Corhada, and I think it looks pretty right...
The Corhada I'm familiar with has smooth shoulders, whereas this silhouette has quite a bit happening. Is there a different Corhada mold?
G.B. Blackrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by process View Post
The Corhada I'm familiar with has smooth shoulders, whereas this silhouette has quite a bit happening. Is there a different Corhada mold?
If Corhada were a convention exclusive, the answer would automatically become "yes."
process
So then my question is, can anyone make out the mold they will be using?
Matty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Prime View Post
What it really should say is....

"While we are locking down the details for next years convention, we will announce the date and location of the 2013 Botcon 1 week prior to the con so that hopefully you will be able to make last minute travel arrangements. At the very least, you could quit your job so that you can make it. Hope to see you there"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
yeah, of course, if you're planning to go, you could always start saving as soon as the prior one is done, but it's far easier to save when you know how much you need based on location, etc.
Absolutely. I'm always saving, but it's just so much easier knowing where it's at, when it's at, etc.
Scantron
Can't wait to find out what variation on 'Shattered Glass' the BotCon 2013 theme will be
kaijuguy19
I wonder if the theme for next year's Botcon is either TFP or in the WFC/FOC verse?
Bogatan
Quote:
While we are locking down the details for next years convention, we are excited to reveal that for 2013, the BotCon set theme and story-line will be revealed in Issue 48 of the TCC Magazine! We are doing the reveal a new way this year,
Can't help reading this as

"What remains of our website since the removal of members area and forum, is even more obsolete than ever and we know no one visits it any more for fear it has been hacked. So rather than make the upgrades we have promised for the last 3 years or so (and provide the forum that is stated as a membership benefit despite being taken down 9 months ago) and relaunch with all our exciting Fall contest and announcements that would get members to return to our site, we instead decided to bang it all in the only non toy part of the club we can be bothered with. As an added bonus it saved us putting together a bunch of the usual monthly features and gave us more time not to bring our online presence up to 2002 standards."

Or am I reading too much into the one line.
shadow panther
Im sure it will be some sort of Shattered Ass bullshit
Kylehudson14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
yes, as long as you join before March 16th, you get the free Depthcharge.
Thx Lumpy
Spiderus Prime


It's Looks that they are used the Universe 2.0 Galvatron mold,and the head look likes Beast Wars 2 Galvatron's head.
Shin-Gouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogatan View Post
Can't help reading this as

"What remains of our website since the removal of members area and forum, is even more obsolete than ever and we know no one visits it any more for fear it has been hacked. So rather than make the upgrades we have promised for the last 3 years or so (and provide the forum that is stated as a membership benefit despite being taken down 9 months ago) and relaunch with all our exciting Fall contest and announcements that would get members to return to our site, we instead decided to bang it all in the only non toy part of the club we can be bothered with. As an added bonus it saved us putting together a bunch of the usual monthly features and gave us more time not to bring our online presence up to 2002 standards."

Or am I reading too much into the one line.
Sounds spot on to me
[Wing_Saber-X]
One wish for Botcon 2013: Please use TF: Prime moulds for the Giftset!
Thundershot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderus Prime View Post
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8178/8...cfcb1f7b2b.jpg

It's Looks that they are used the Universe 2.0 Galvatron mold,and the head look likes Beast Wars 2 Galvatron's head.
They wouldn't dare use that mold.... would they?
supervir2
I'm - underwhelmed. That image doesn't really inspire confidence. The lack of a location is also poor form. It should really be set and announced at the previous year's convention, but that would take planning and foresight
Secretcode
I'll be honest, while I'll still have some interest in this set, I would be ecstatic if they ever made a new Cannonball or themed an entire set around his pirate crew. Or made him part of a pre-existing crew such as Galvatron's.


Quote:
Originally Posted by process View Post
The Corhada I'm familiar with has smooth shoulders, whereas this silhouette has quite a bit happening. Is there a different Corhada mold?
I was referring to the head outline. Has the hat (Albeit distorted) and his smirk. It looks like either the Galvatron mold or the Kup mold to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
So in other words. Nothing Yet. Why is this news then?
Because it is a new teaser for an upcoming show, an announcement about the set, as well as the beginning of the Club's membership drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylehudson14 View Post
Can I still join in January? Thats what Im concerned about, being able to join nthen & reveice my free figure, DEPTHCHARGE!
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scantron View Post
Can't wait to find out what variation on 'Shattered Glass' the BotCon 2013 theme will be
At BotCon 2012 they announced the set would be in the Wings of Honor continuity, not Shattered Glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
They wouldn't dare use that mold.... would they?
It is one of the few Generations/Classics molds they've yet to use, along with the following:

- Classics (2006) Astrotrain
- Universe 2.0 Tankor/Octane, Cheetor, Dinobot (Please give us a Beast Wars Grimlock), Powerglide and Silverbolt
- Generations Red Alert (Technically), Blurr, Dirge, Kup, Scourge (Who still has a new head out there, if instructions are to be believed), Skullgrin, Thrust, Warpath (See Scourge)
- RTS Fallback, Lugnut (New head, etc), Mindset, Perceptor (New head, allegedly Reflector), and Strafe/Mindwipe.
TrueNomadSkies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Prime View Post
What it really should say is....

"While we are locking down the details for next years convention, we will announce the date and location of the 2013 Botcon 1 week prior to the con so that hopefully you will be able to make last minute travel arrangements. At the very least, you could quit your job so that you can make it. Hope to see you there"

... and once again the good doctor delivers.
taterx
Poster looks like yuck. Bronie/Animated? Don't mix those kids, could be fatal.
Kylehudson14
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Wing_Saber-X] View Post
One wish for Botcon 2013: Please use TF: Prime moulds for the Giftset!
Seconded! I would od everything in my power to make that my first Botcon giftset!
ZacWilliam
I want car and jet Vehicons with new heads as Fastlane and Cloudraker.

-ZacWilliam, and they can reuse the mold again in a troop builder set in white as a combo Arctic-Vehicons/SG Vehicon set.
dardmc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretcode View Post
At BotCon 2012 they announced the set would be in the Wings of Honor continuity, not Shattered Glass.
did they really announce this one at botcon 2012?

basing on the pics provided, my initial reaction to that rainbow background was g2.. and if not g2, my second guess was transtech..
Pete@BotCon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogatan View Post
Can't help reading this as

"What remains of our website since the removal of members area and forum, is even more obsolete than ever and we know no one visits it any more for fear it has been hacked. So rather than make the upgrades we have promised for the last 3 years or so (and provide the forum that is stated as a membership benefit despite being taken down 9 months ago) and relaunch with all our exciting Fall contest and announcements that would get members to return to our site, we instead decided to bang it all in the only non toy part of the club we can be bothered with. As an added bonus it saved us putting together a bunch of the usual monthly features and gave us more time not to bring our online presence up to 2002 standards."

Or am I reading too much into the one line.
Not even close...
Pete@BotCon
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
Im sure it will be some sort of Shattered Ass bullshit
We have said that the 2013 set is nothing related to SG.

We are thrilled to be offering more Shattered fiction through the Club though.
gawddammit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete@BotCon View Post
We have said that the 2013 set is nothing related to SG.

We are thrilled to be offering more Shattered fiction through the Club though.
Pete, is there any hope that there will be more G2 inspired decos?
Scantron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretcode View Post
At BotCon 2012 they announced the set would be in the Wings of Honor continuity, not Shattered Glass.
Could be Shattered Glass characters crossing into the Wings of Honour continuity, like they had Shattered Glass characters crossing into the Classics continuity last year. I mean, I do see what Pete's said above, but I'm just not convinced that FunPub is done flogging the long-deceased SG pony for BotCon figures and that there won't be something to do with Shattered Glass in this set (or the attendee figures...).

And, frankly, Wings of Honour is barely more interesting to me than SG. So, even if it is a WoH set with absolutely no SG, I'd still pass.
butheadimus prime
probebly transformers prime beastwars that came back from the future for something. If it is anything prime relatedi will be selling my set to the highest bidder and working on completing my g1 collection

Continue: BotCon 2013 Set Theme Revealed: Machine Wars! Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena