Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Strika Image

Posted on 02-14-2013 at 11:48 AM by Deefuzz under Conventions
strikaBOTweb
The Transformers Collector's Club has provided another update to the Botcon 2013 site. Today we have been treated to our first look at the next exclusive for the 2013 BotCon set: Machine Wars Strika! Strika is making use of the Generations Warpath mold, and sporting a new head and Machine Wars inspired paint job to boot.

Check out the picture on Botcon.com, and keep an eye on that site or the frontpage right here at TFW for more convention news!
Views: 8,787

Images for BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Strika Image

strikaHEADweb
Transbot90210
Oh snap, that one is actually pretty cool. Loving the head sculpt.
Crystal Convoy
I didn't want to want anything from this set. But this is beautiful.
Chris McFeely
Yeah, this is the first one I want. And I REALLY want it. Let's keep up that momentum!
Darkhawk79
Was Strika in Machine Wars or is this just a random character they are throwing in the box set?
BenjaminXavier
Yeah, I'm diggin on this too. Great mold, interesting colors. Cool head... If the other two are this good, I might be in on the box.

Have we gotten any confirmation if this is a 5 or 6 part box?
Kantus Prime
DA FUQ!!?? I thought I was seeing Impactor before I read the title. What a buzz kill! Not really a fan of her using this mold, maybe with a more big wheeled truck thing. I can't recall any generations figures with anything that would work better for her.

Nice head sculpt though....
Nightrain
Very nice. Very not Machine Wars as well. It shows that even they know the set can't be full of drab repaints.
Metroplex79
I loved her in the Machine Wars mini series....wait, what?
Snoopy Magnus
first fig that actually looks good. but:
1) isn't strika beast machines?
2) this is not the actually fig right, so we may have another case of the "head mold that wasn't" like metalhawk.
still holding back on the snoopy dance
Deefuzz
This one is gorgeous. Great mold, excellent colors...I want it
SG Roadbuster
*crosses fingers and hopes for Obsidian from dotm Skyhammer
Kaijumaster
But....Beast Machines sucked!.......but This looks awesome..... The Conflicts!!!
Thundershot
Holy crap!

Hmmm...

Damn I hope the mold is also used to make Treadshot or Gutcruncher...
Burnout
Its so Garish in color its awesome! I dunno what it is about these horrible colors but I love em. Bring on more!
General Tekno
I MUST HAVE this Strika.
General Tekno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Its so Garish in color its awesome! I dunno what it is about these horrible colors but I love em. Bring on more!
But.... those are Beast Machines Strika's colors. They're accurate to the BM animation model.
Mechafire
Holy fuck I need this
Kantus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Holy crap!

Hmmm...

Damn I hope the mold is also used to make Treadshot or Gutcruncher...
YES!
DarkSkyfire
yuck
HeroicC300
Damn, between her and Skywarp I may have to ask a friend for the set.

This bites.
Lbsammills51
I liked the first two and am VERY pleased with Strika.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Roadbuster View Post
*crosses fingers and hopes for Obsidian from dotm Skyhammer
I'd be cool with that too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Damn I hope the mold is also used to make Treadshot or Gutcruncher...
...and this, especially Gutcruncher.
yami4ct
Man, I never though about it, but this mold is perfect for Strika. The proportions are spot on. Really nice head sculpt, too. FP has a real winner here.
megamus
You guys totally redeemed yourselves!!!!

I am loving this one!
Anguirus
Well that's darn sexy.
Autobot City Comics 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBenjamin View Post
Yeah, I'm diggin on this too. Great mold, interesting colors. Cool head... If the other two are this good, I might be in on the box.

Have we gotten any confirmation if this is a 5 or 6 part box?
It's 5
butchrecon72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Magnus View Post
first fig that actually looks good. but:
1) isn't strika beast machines?
2) this is not the actually fig right, so we may have another case of the "head mold that wasn't" like metalhawk.
still holding back on the snoopy dance
You have to remember, the stroy arc on thier exclusives is MULTI-UNIVERSE. THier idea of Machine Wars (though they will add a few Machine Wars characters to it) is not the same as the Machine Wars release years ago. They will bring in other characters.
mrduce1018
True Strika was in Beast Machines but she was a Great General from the past. This might be part of that story!
CodeXCDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhawk79 View Post
Was Strika in Machine Wars or is this just a random character they are throwing in the box set?
Thrown in. Strika was created in the Beast Machines era... which is after the Machine Wars toy line.

That said... interesting... but pass. Thankfully ATM I'm not particularly interested in these figures. Decent decos... but not that interested... good thing too, my wallet's empty. =/
Kantus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrduce1018 View Post
True Strika was in Beast Machines but she was a Great General from the past. This might be part of that story!
Sounds good since I'm one of the few who want to remember the story. But this is all toooooo random for Machine Wars.
Jacer
It's so weird, I want it!
Goldlock
Gah!

Remember when Strika was a good ol' Machine Wars character? Me neither.

I never dabble in Botcon exclusives =/= I love anything Beast Era. Which wins here?
General Tekno
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeXCDM View Post
Thrown in. Strika was created in the Beast Machines era... which is after the Machine Wars toy line.

That said... interesting... but pass. Thankfully ATM I'm not particularly interested in these figures. Decent decos... but not that interested... good thing too, my wallet's empty. =/
Although, there are potential fiction ties, given Strika/Obsidian were stated to be pre-existing famous generals. It's possible Fun Pub's trying to set up the Wings universe as a prequel to their own Beast Wars stuff from 2006.
ZacWilliam
The Transformers Collectors' Convention - BotCon 2013!

Sonofa... I really didn't want to want anyone from this set. But Damn she is a fine girl!

...what a good wife she would be... My life, my love, and my lady is...

-ZacWilliam, sorry, lost track of myself there, but I'd buy her in a second at retail.
Gryph
I like it a lot.

Botcon's tweet mentioned both Strika and Obsidian. A repaint of Skywarp would make a good Obsidian.
Bass X0
That body in those colors would have worked well for Impactor.
StayingInTheBox
Love it!
Mechafire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
I like it a lot.

Botcon's tweet mentioned both Strika and Obsidian. A repaint of Skywarp would make a good Obsidian.
Oh Jesus.

Strika AND Obsidian?

Fffuuu
Jetbolt
Strika?



Well there's another dream figure that I can't get.

I would had hoped with Hasbro using the Vehicon name again, something like that would of been mass release under generations. Given their old way of thinking that vehicle transformers sale.

Obsidian too?

###%%%%!!!
slackerforhire
FunPub is batting 1.000 with this set as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait for the last two reveals.

Since it's a 5 character set this time around, is it assumed that these last two will be voyagers? (I'm sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it)
xZAOx
First one that isn't bleh!

It's an interesting choice. I don't know that the mold fits Strika for me, but I like it none-the-less.
Bass X0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackerforhire View Post
FunPub is batting 1.000 with this set as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait for the last two reveals.

Since it's a 5 character set this time around, is it assumed that these last two will be voyagers? (I'm sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it)
There are four possibilites.

1 Deluxe + 1 Voyager
1 Deluxe + 1 Ultra
1 Voyager + 1 Ultra
1 Voyager + 1 Voyager

They'll use the toy's original heads since or the known alternate heads, i.e. Lugnut has an alternate head yet to be used.
Boy Blunder
The previous two were sharp, but Strika makes me officially excited.
WhiteMocha
Makes sense.... Machine Wars, Beast Machines. And this mold does work well for Strika, with its clompy tread feet and barrel chest. Strika was never a character I felt one way or the other about, but I love the Warpath mold and I like the purple/orange color combo (a combo that another board member just mentioned hating a few threads back, can't remember who). Not to mention, more female Decepticons (especially unconventional ones that don't fit the "slender robot Barbie" archetype) are always welcome. So.... thumbs up!
ORIO
Wow. Alright, I want it.
GaussGunner
Noooo! I wait a Prime Bulkhead mold! This Strika is very small for she!
Ra88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Roadbuster View Post
*crosses fingers and hopes for Obsidian from dotm Skyhammer
Strika should be taller then Obsidian, so HA Whirl FTW.
Switchblade
Man, I know Machine Wars was a really small line, but FunPub couldn't even think up five characters to do for a boxset?
Rotorstorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantus Prime View Post
DA FUQ!!?? I thought I was seeing Impactor before I read the title. What a buzz kill! Not really a fan of her using this mold, maybe with a more big wheeled truck thing. I can't recall any generations figures with anything that would work better for her.

Nice head sculpt though....
Mould that would work better for her, Universe Ultra Class Onslaught

This looks pretty nice but I do agree it looks more like Impactor minus the head
Digilaut
What! How! I don't even...!

That's awesome. Slight doubts on the size - Strika 'should' be a big bot, so a voyager mold would have been nicer - but they're probably saving those for more important characters.


I LIKE! Good job Funpub, this came out of left field!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
Man, I know Machine Wars was a really small line, but FunPub couldn't even think up five characters to do for a boxset?
Ah, so instead of trying to enrich the small Machine Wars universe, you'd rather have they just copy all the molds that already exist. Boring. :-/

Continue: BotCon 2013 Machine Wars Strika Image Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena